The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

Episode Fourteen

Hi there everyone, it’s time for Episode 14's State of the Spoiling. It's also another first time SOTSer trying to tackle the ropes here so be gentle. But, hey, if you don’t like it, don't worry...since the Finale is Sunday, Bebo will be around to do an even better one in just a few short days.

Wrap-Up of E13

If you need a recap of last week, I would advise to laugh along with anotherkim and her summary. But all you really need to know is that Shii Ann got voted out. Not much of spoiler value in either her chat or her Early Show appearance, although Shii Ann’s comments have led some to speculate that Rupert will share at least some time with her in Loser Lodge and that she thinks Amber and Rob are the two playing the best game and the two she would most likely vote for on the jury.

On to E14

On to the previews for this Thursday. On the CBS Website, we learn that :
Rupert and Jenna are shocked to realize Rob is standing right behind them during a private strategy session.
One All-Star (believed to be Rob) fuels a fiery fight between two tribemates (believed to be Tom and Rupert).
As Tribal Council looms, the five remaining All-Stars feel targets on their backs. Who will be voted off, and who will make it to the Final Four?

The CBS Press Release contains basically the same information but is more focused on Jenna. One line in particular

Although Jenna embraces her role as the tribe’s self-appointed cheerleader, the others have fun mocking and mimicking her when she is away from camp.

has drawn some attention. It is possible that Jenna is “away from camp” as a result of winning or sharing a reward challenge.

The Vidcaps & The Challenges

This week’s Vidcaps are mostly focused on a fight between Tom and Rupert, rumored to be instigated by Rob. There’s not much going on in this thread because the real focus is on the Web Preview where we get pictures of only one challenge. This appears to be the traditional F5 “combo challenge,” including a bamboo crawl, some sort of puzzle, and a balance beam plus the traditional zip sail to the end. It is almost certainly being played for a reward, including a car (the Chevy Equinox). Historically, the men have had a great deal of success with this challenge, fueling some speculation that Rob will win the RC. However, this picture

which shows Amber going down the zipline at the end of a challenge has led a lot of people to conclude that Amber in fact wins the RC and takes Jenna with her. This would leave Rob at camp to instigate trouble between Tom and Rupert. OTOH, some argue that Amber may just have won one “heat” of the challenge and that she will face off against (and due to the misdirection likely lose) the finals of the RC to Rob. Most people are speculating that the winner gets to pick somebody else to win a car, as that is about the only explanation in which Jenna could do well in this event.

There are no separate pics from an IC. Some have speculated (mostly in the Web preview thread above) that this means that the RC is actually a combination challenge and the winner will also win IC. Others think that the IC is simply a non-photogenic challenge. Some have speculated that Rob must win the IC to stick around, but others doubt this.

The Boot

The vote thread has yet to appear and there is a real dearth of speculation about who is going, although based on the persistent rumors from Snewser that the F3 are Romber and Jenna it would seem that either Tom or Rupert must go next. The most speculation is on the CBS Website and Vidcaps threads above. Basically, the Tom/Rupert clash referred to and seen in the previews will probably lead to one or the other getting the boot after Rob finds out about the plan. I guess we’ll find out who the masses around here really lean to when the vote thread appears (at which time I promise it will be duly linked!) ETA: The vote thread is now up here

E15: The Finale

Since the finale is on Sunday, there is already lots of speculation about the F4, F3, and F2. Much of the F4 discussion is consumed with the speculation that if Tom is booted there is a chance of a 2-2 deadlock between Romber and Rupenna, which might even lead to a reprise of the dreaded purple rock. Others though think that Jenna would have no problem stabbing Rupert in the back. That would seem to be consistent with the editing. And if you want even more on the editing of the remaining players I would refer you to VerucaSalt’s long-running and always entertaining read on the editing of the players which can be found here

That would bring us to the F3 and the Final IC. Shakes the Clown has been leading the discussion on this for quite some time. As volsfan noted last week, Shakes first announced that based on the editing, Rob cannot finish second which fueled a good bit of disagreement. Now, Shakes has gotten even bolder with has guarantee that Amber will win the final vote over Jenna, most likely by taking the Final immunity and stabbing Rob in the back. There are some calls in the wilderness, notably from mavsfan, who predicts an Amber/Rupert Final 2, but the overwhelming board sentiment right now seems to be behind shakes. Hey, he of all people should be able to pick out a stabbed-in-the-back third place finisher! (And wouldn’t it be ironic if Amber proves to have the most fine A*S*S* performance??)

That’s all I got folks. Happy spoiling and enjoy the penultimate A*S*S*!

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bdemoney 05-04-04 1
 GUESS IT ROCKS emydi 05-04-04 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Lucille 05-04-04 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Magic Fingers 05-04-04 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 05-04-04 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 05-05-04 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 05-05-04 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... macamrox 05-05-04 8
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... leogirl_21 05-05-04 9
       RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... butthunder 05-05-04 10
 one correction shakes the clown 05-05-04 11
   RE: one correction GuessItRains 05-06-04 17
   To shakes the clown Desbloq 05-07-04 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... TenPin 05-05-04 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Alchemist 05-05-04 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Tinman 05-05-04 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... samboohoo 05-05-04 15
 Great job Get Bent 05-05-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Way to tie everything together GuessItRains! Great SOTS!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
2. "GUESS IT ROCKS"
Great SOTS!!!!! You and volsfan...too good to be your first SOTS!!

emydi

Lucille 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Great first SOTS, GuessItRains!!!!!!!!!

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-04, 05:47 PM (EST)
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Are you sure this is your first time?? Great job and so easy to follow. I hope you write one next season also.
Thanks

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Great job on the SOTS, Rains.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Great job on the SOTS!

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 07:37 AM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
GIRains: Perfect SOTS! You produce as a seasoned veteren! Thanks!

macamrox 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Well-organized and easy to follow. Well done!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Excellent Job! Thanks!

butthunder 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Great job as usual!!! Wonderful summary.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
11. "one correction"
Now, Shakes
>has gotten even bolder with
>has guarantee that Amber will
>win the Final immunity and
>stab Rob in the back.

...actually, I only guaranteed the final order of Amber/1st, Jenna/2nd and Rob/3rd. I said that the editing is setting us up for an Amber final IC win followed by a Rob boot, but I only guaranteed the order. That being said, I am definitely leaning big time towards the Amber screws Rob scenario.

Hey, he
>of all people should be
>able to pick out a
>stabbed-in-the-back third place finisher!

....ouch, I think I've just been zinged. I guess the difference is that Rob gets screwed over by Amber while I only got screwed over by the producers.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
17. "RE: one correction"

>...actually, I only guaranteed the final
>order of Amber/1st, Jenna/2nd and
>Rob/3rd. I said that
>the editing is setting us
>up for an Amber final
>IC win followed by a
>Rob boot, but I only
>guaranteed the order. That
>being said, I am definitely
>leaning big time towards the
>Amber screws Rob scenario.

Duly noted shakes. I've edited the paragraph to try to better reflect that.

>Hey, he
>>of all people should be
>>able to pick out a
>>stabbed-in-the-back third place finisher!
>
>
>
>....ouch, I think I've just been
>zinged. I guess the
>difference is that Rob gets
>screwed over by Amber while
>I only got screwed over
>by the producers.

Are you implying that LoveCruise's producers are better at screwing than Amber is?

Desbloq 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 00:53 AM (EST)
18. "To shakes the clown"
so you were screwed by cbs? well i was just wondering if you were sure that amber is going to be the final winner? If you were scewed by cbs then i feel sorry for you and hope you find a job soon! If you dont want to have to go through all this message board crap then my e-mail address is Desbloq@aol.com

I will pray for you to get a good paying job very soon!
And if you are wondering why I am going to pray for you it is because i belive in god and i feel sorry for you because i wouldnt like it if i lost my job either!

Thanks for reading this!

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-05-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Excellent Job! Thanks for the summary.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Another fine SOTS, I can barely string two words or thoughts or steps together.....WTG!

Alchemist

Tinman 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Didn't notice any rookie jitters in this SOTS - great summary, thanks!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 14"
Way to go Rains!!

Samboohoo

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-05-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
16. "Great job"
Guess it Rains,

Great job! I used to spend much more time reading all posts, but have been very busy during the last month. Your summary of all the theories is very helpful and easily kept me up to date this week. THANK YOU!

If this is your first attempt, I can't wait until your second one!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •