The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-04, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 06:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 04:40 AM (EST)

KATHY, YOU WERE ROBBED AGAIN

Welcome to Survivor Insider, where if you lost the first time because of an exposed boob, you can lose this time to two boobs and a boob-brain.

A FEW NOTES:

1) All archives of the Insider are available at Survivor Network, where you can find them on my spoiler page (an ode to TrueDorkTimes) http://www.londyscreations.com/survivornetwork/spoilers.asp
Thanks to Larry Londy for the web space.

2) If you want just the transcript, SurvivorFever.net posts it, minus hilarious commentary, in a few days.

3) It seems like such a lackluster week. Maybe because it's playoff time, and the Wings (and soon to be Pistons) make work busy busy.

4) Thanks to all those who support me in this thread. It takes about 3 hours to do a transcript, and I enjoy the comments, good or bad. Remember, I do this FOR FUN. Though, if you diss me, I will come after you like Tom crashing through timber.

------------------------
TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTING
-- KATHY BOOTED

------------------------

Markopolo's note: What a boring episode. At least Apprentice was a surprise. Even worse, this clip is almost impossible to hear. The background music and bass drowns out the voices. It stinks. I really am interested in what Shii Ann says. Too bad CBS screwed up the sound and you can't hear it. What good is Survivor Insider if you can't hear it. Oh wait, it's free now, so I won't complain. I used to PAY $10 bucks a month for crappy sound in the clips.

Shii Ann (votes Amber): Amber, I'm voting for you, because not only did you lie to our tribe, (?????can't hear her at all). So, good move on your part, unfortunately, I have to cast this vote against you.

Amber (votes Kathy): Just going with the plan, anddddd that's about it.

(I HATE AMBER MORE THAN EVER. NOW THAT THE APPRENTICE GIRLS ARE ON FHM, I REALLY HAVE NO USE FOR AMBER OTHER THAN MAKING JOKES ABOUT HER HOMETOWN OF BEAVER, PENN., WHICH IS NEAR BEAVER STADIUM AND PENN STATE, WHERE JOE PATERNO IS SO OLD, HE WOULDN'T KNOW A BEAVER IF IT BUMPED INTO HIM)

Rob (votes Kathy): Kathy, let me tell ya something. The other day, when you went around telling everybody that I can't be trusted, and at home I'm disloyal to my friends. You made a big mistake. You have no idea what I'm like at home. I'm probably the most loyal person you've ever met. I have to credit ya for trying, but you didn't honestly think I was gonna let you win.

(FUNNY HOW WE DIDN'T SEE ANY NEGATIVE EDITING OF KATHY)

Kathy (votes Amber): Amber, same old vote. You really ticked me off the way you handled it all, ya know that? I think you could have handled it with a lot different attitude. (I THINK KATHY IS REFERRING TO AMBER'S REACTION TO HER TWO VOTES). And how about tonight? C’mon, you weren't going to get voted out tonight? Give me a break. You need to play a new game or else you're not going to make it. See ya later.

Rupert (votes Kathy): Kathy, I'm sorry..... (Can't hear him) ... But I'm sticking with my alliance. They have shown me that they are loyal to me. I'm not going to betray them, even if it hurts me.

(THIS IS WHERE MB NEEDS TO BRING DONALD TRUMP ON THE SHOW AND SAY, "YOU'RE FIRED!" RUPERT IS SO BORING AND BLAND. IS THERE ANY SURVIVOR OF WHICH YOU ARE MORE SICK?)

Alicia (votes Kathy): You knew this was coming tonight. And I know you're not ready to leave the game. But you came into a merge on a tribe with a strong alliance. You're next in the pecking order. The only reason why you're coming up before Shii Ann is because the longer you stay around, the more dangerous you become. We respect that. We know that we have to get rid of you first.

Big Tom (votes Kathy): Kathy, tonight I'm voting for you, yes. There's Richard, Colby and Ethan, there's a lot of players that you voted off. And (you're???) one of the top players here. I didn't want to be one of them. So I had to get rid of you to save me. See ya baby.

(TOM, ANOTHER BIG UNDERACHIEVER THIS GAME BOTH IN STRATEGY AND ENTERTAINMENT)

Jenna L (votes Kathy): This vote tonight is out of respect. You are a great competitor and you could this win this game. And that's why you have to go. And this is self-preservation. I have an alliance I need to stay with. You're a great person.

(JENNA IS LIKE A CHEERLEADER, MINUS THE HOT, FRISKY SIDE. ALL THAT IS LEFT IS THE ANNOYING, PERKY OPTIMISM. WORTHLESS.)

------------------------
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF LEX
------------------------
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!

-- Roll out of bed, go to kitchen.
-- Ask gut, "What shall it be, fruity pebbles or lucky charms?"
-- Gut tells you that you aren't Jeff Varner nor Orangeena. Lucky charms it is!
-- Call Ethan. Tell him that his mother is going to die tomorrow. (You just want to let him know before it happens -- as a friend of course)
-- Work on children's book with Madonna. Children everywhere wonder, "Who the heck is Madonna?" (When was her last hit? The Dark Ages?).
-- Call members of Survivor Africa cast. Check how many women have piercings. Make sure it's right; you wouldn't want to lose another million, would you?
-- Check mailbox. Some company has targeted you with a credit card offer with a tantalizing APR. You must snuff out what company dared to give your address away.
-- Call 1,000 companies screaming. Decide that it must be Kelly Tires (instead of the obvious CBS).
-- Take gun and shoot through local Kelly Tires store.
-- Go to local barber. Get mohawk. Now you are as cool as that idiot Abram on RW/Road Rules Challenge. He gets chicks like Veronica. How dope is that?
-- Hang out with punk rockers, be a total nonconformist. Man, you're so cool.
-- Start writing a letter to Big Tom. Oops, small words and writing in crayon is difficult. Better call him. ... Warn him to stop humping the sheep. And no, Tom, the sheep do not look like Lindsey's #####.
-- Rip off a few friends in business deals. "Hey, it's just business." But when one of them screws you with the Denny's bill, scream bloody murder.
-- Go to tattoo parlor. Get "Friends Forever" tattoo. Wasn't Zack Attack a great band? If only they were real.
-- Call Mariano's cell phone. Make stabbing sounds with knife in background. Hang up quickly. Tee hee!
-- Gut tells you to logon to Survivor message boards.
-- Oh look! Markopolo is calling you a wuss in his Insider transcripts. Gut tells you to send Markopolo some white powder in an envelope.
-- Gut says to check out Survivor scorecard. Damn, still thumbs down.
-- It's time to do something big, something no one will expect. "I'm going to watch an ABC sitcom."
-- Oh boy, it's getting late.
-- You're ready for bed when Heidi Strobel from Amazon calls. She can't figure out how long to cook minute rice. (Boy, this could take all night).

------------------------
KATHY THE DAY AFTER
6 min : 52 sec

------------------------

Markopolo's note: Wow, almost seven minutes of Kathy, and unlike EVERY other Survivor exit interview, this one is a pleasure to listen to. Kathy is an amazing player, an amazing person, and she has a fantastic outlook. Some of her quotes are perfect analyses of the game.

Kathy (day-after): I think the game was difficult physically, number one, but I could handle it and a lot of the players could handle it. But physically, this game was harder than the last one. When I analyzed the players at Mogo Mogo, and I knew they all knew how to play the game, I was actually surprised a lot of them didn't get it.

(FINALLY A BREATH OF FRESH AIR! KATHY REALIZES WHY THIS SEASON SUCKS SO MUCH!)

They were either coming back with a different strategy, which I think was a mistake, and I could read the players. I was actually happy and relieved that some of the players weren't playing well, whether it was Richard Hatch. I think Richard Hatch was playing a slower game because maybe the first Survivor was slower. And it was fascinating that Jenna, from Amazon, was playing a fast game. Too much negotiating too fast. (WOW, INTERESTING) So, I was actually applauding the situation and excited that no one was tuning it up, even Colby and Ethan. If I had to go out and play the game by myself, I was going to be successful at it. I was treating it more as a business negotiation when I started. I knew the game was going to be Day 1, and it WAS on our tribe. Bigger than I expected. I didn't think we were going to have to build alliances in the first five hours. (BOY, I WISH THEY SHOWED THIS MORE. THEY KIND OF HINTED AT IT AS A RED HERRING THOUGH)

CUT

But overall, I was relieved that I knew I could go to the end and win it because the players were not as up as high as I thought they would be. I think my demise was because I had friendships. We're a big Survivor family. After were on this, because we all go through these different experiences on each show, but we all have an eye-opening experience from that. And we try to change based on that. And we discuss the game after the shows. And I became close with several players. And there is NO WAY in my mind that you can negotiate against your friend. You can't do it. So the hardest part of the experience is that we had friendships that came into the game. You just have to be pretty cutthroat to close your eyes to that. And I don't have it in my gut to do it. Just can't do it, because in my gut (DID LEX'S LANGUAGE DISEASE RUB OFF ON THESE PEOPLE?), in my life, family and friends are everything. If you didn't have it, forget it.

And you know what; if somebody tells me one more time that it's just a game, and you should just be able to look through that, screw it. I don't care what game you're playing -- hockey, monopoly (THE RED WINGS PLAY BOTH). If you're side by side with a friend, I'm going to give the friend a break whatever game we're in. If it was to save them and bring them along to cash out for money or to cash out for a win. If I was sitting around with a bunch of strangers and I was sitting there with a friend, I would always take the friend. SO having strangers around is much easier.

The other thing is the beginning of the game, I was with some powerful players, but I didn't know them. We had gotten to know them somewhat, but it wasn't close bonding. I didn't know Richard Hatch that well. I didn't know Colby. I didn't know Ethan. So it was almost like playing against the Survivor the first time. I was OK with lying to them and booting them out.

I think Survivor is impossible to play Survivor when you know the people.

It's not Survivor.

It's not the game.

(VERY POIGNANT QUOTES FROM ONE OF THE BEST!!!!)

I think it's a mistake to have friends in this game. Can't do it.

CUT

This experience out here gets right down to core values. It's fascinating. That's why it's such a popular game. 35 million people watch it (UHHH NOT THAT MANY). We're stripped of everything, and you get down to what builds character. You can play ruthlessly and win the million-dollar check, but in the end, you're considered slime (FORESHADOWING???) forever in the eyes of whoever watched you. You didn't do it with a little grace. And you know what? It's about grace and respect. You can take people down, but as long as you have respect for them or to them, it's a different story.

I do believe that there are players out there that are using friendships to take them further to the million bucks. And I think it's a lack of character and a lack of respect.

And if you are going to take people down who are friends of yours, then by God, let them know the truth. And what really got me when I got taken down by a friend on the show, was, "take me down, but fill me in that you're take me down." And that's the key. When I was making deals at the beginning of this game, I knew some of the people I was going to take out, and I was going to vote them out. And in the end, I was always upfront with them. Because when your number's up, especially with these guys, with these All-Stars, you're not going to save yourself in the last five hours.

Impossible.

So I think I was hurt. I was really hurt. I was really crushed that Rob (SHE FINALLY MENTIONS HIM BY NAME) Mariano didn't come to me and own up. I misjudged his character.

---WE INTERRUPT THIS TRANSCRIPT FOR A SHORT MARKOPOLO RANT---

IS THERE ANY WAY BOSTON ROB DOESN'T WIN THIS GAME? HE'S GOTTEN BETTER "CHOSEN ONE" EDITING THEN PASSION OF THE CHRIST. EVERY EPISODE IT'S "I'M GONNA WIN THEH MILLION DOLLEHHS. SEE ME IN THE FINAL TEH."

EITHER THIS IS THE BIGGEST BUILDUP TO THE BIGGEST COLLAPSE EVER, OR THE REST OF THIS SHOW IS SO BORING THAT THEY NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON THE GLORY OF ROB.

WHICH IS IT? WELL. BECAUSE HE WEARS A RED SOX CAP, WE'LL GO WITH THE FORMER.

DOES ROB PULL A BUCKNER? A GRADY? A WAKEFIELD? THAT MIGHT BE THE ONLY REDEEMING FACTOR REMAINING IN THIS SEASON.

---- BACK TO THE TRANSCRIPT ----

Kathy (confessional):
In the bitter end of the game of life. When you get screwed over, you put it in the past and keep going. I am absolutely flattered I got to do this. There are a lot of us and a lot of skilled players and they didn't come back. I don't know why. Maybe they weren't asked. But the fact is that I got the phone call to come back here was exciting. It was exciting to be here. The game is fascinating. I studied with a psychiatrist before I came out here, just to understand people better. And it really gave me huge advantages in the beginning. I just have a big old heart. My heart got in the way (laughs).

But I love the game. It's so much fun having people only concentrating on pure energy and emotion. And that's all that's out here. And it gets right down to discipline, tenacity respect, dedication, commitment, all the things that make a true character -- grace. And that's why I enjoy. You don't have to worry about the mortgage payments, getting to work on time (FOR MOST SURVIVORS, THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WORK WHEN THEY'RE DONE WITH THE SHOW, TOO).

It gets right down to what's inside here (points to heart) and here (points to brain). And that's so much fun.

------------------------
Restless Night
2 min : 45 sec

------------------------

Clip description: Why can't Chaboga Mogo sleep? Just how miserable are the tribe members during the long, difficult nights? The Survivors tell all. One castaway, however, seems to be right at home!

Markopolo's note: I didn't see Shii Ann in this clip at all. Kathy is absent, too. Where could they be? Rob says that it's our "fifth night without any sleep." Is he talking about Mogo Mogo, too? The first night at Saboga was after the merge, the second night was Lex's TC, third night was Kathy's.....hmmmn. This was in the show, too. It's probably nothing, but I thought I would mention it.

(AT NIGHT, ROB SAYS "IT'S OUR FIFTH NIGHT WITHOUT ANY SLEEP)

(I CAN'T HEAR ROB AT ALL).

(TOM COMPLAINS; AMBER COMPLAINS)

(RUPERT IS SLEEPING).

Rupert (confessional): Last night was one of those better nights. My body is finally adjusting to this place surprisingly well. My bug bites are going away. I slept most of the night. I didn't tend fire once.

Alicia (confessional): Just when you think the bugs are letting uop, they come back in force. This morning specifically, they were really bad. All over my face. They just would not stop. I don't know what's going on. I don't know if it's rainy seaosn at its peak.

(ROB AND TOM STROLL OFF....CAN'T HEAR ROB)

(SHII ANN AND KATHY ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND)

------------------------
Like Father, Like Son
3 min : 43 sec

------------------------
Clip description: In a reflective moment, Tom describes his relationship with his son. Does he rely on his family him for everything?

Markopolo's note: This clip scares me to death. I just hope people like Tom are too stupid to vote in elections.

Tom (confessional): That's my best friend. Especially now that he's 21. When I have big decisions, you know how you go to your father. Well my father helped me. But now I can go to my son. Any problem. With his mother, if I get thrown in jail. I call him and come get me. Yeah. He's the closest friend I got it. No problem. He's a lot like me. We take life with a smile on the face, and when you got take life serious, you got to. When it's business, it's business. When it's play, you play hard.

CUT

No I didn't hear from my wife. In Africa, she wrote me three lines: "Everything's going good. The cattle's doing good. Hurry on and get home. Love Sandy."

I remember Lex got a 16-page letter from his wife.

CUT

And he cried and cried. And I showed him my letter and he felt bad for me. I said, "Lex, don't feel bad for me (I CAN'T READ THE LETTER ANYWAY). That's my wife. She told me in three lines what's on her mind. She knew I was worried about the farm, worried about my son. After 25 years, I know exactly what she's talking about. She answered every question. As a matter of fact, I think that's the first letter I ever got from her. (THEY DON'T WRITE OFTEN DOWN ON THE FARM). I'd like to hear from her, but I'll be home soon. This aint my first rodeo. I don't care where she goes, but when I come home, I want her to be there.

CUT

My wife likes to work outside. Can't cook. Worst cook in the country. But I have to say she'll try and it'll look like the prettiest thing you've ever seen. But if you go eat, you better be hungry. It looks good, but you can't bite it. Sometimes you can't bite it and sometimes it'll give you diarrhea. She just don't (get it?), "my mother can cook the best." And my god why doesn't get the recipe to go by. But she puts in a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it tastes like dogsh8t. (SO, DO YOU THINK I CAN TELL MY GIRL THAT HER FOOD TASTES LIKE DOGSH8T?) But she'll try hard, and as long as there's something, I'll eat it. She's killed two dogs, when (she's thrown the food outside). I know what happened to the dogs.

CUT

She's got some specials for like Christmas. It has to be a big holiday where she can't possibly screw up. After 25 years, sometimes she can get it right. When somebody comes, she'll go to the special box. She'll just throw biscuits on you, and I pop biscuits like pills.

(RUPERT PASSES BEHIND TOM)

My old man weighs 345 pounds. He's 6-4. He's the biggest man you'll ever see. Fingers that big around. And he'll be nasty, but when you sit down, the race is on.

------------------------
Shii Ann Tells All
4 min : 12 sec

------------------------

Why is Shii Ann feeling vulnerable? Has she thrown in the towel, or is she ready to fight? Find out now.

Markopolo's note: Shii-Devil is on her last legs. She almost pulled a Jenna (when we would rather see her pull a Sue). C'mon Shii-Devil, go out with a bang; make sure the world sees why you were picked for the show, not just another loser from Thailand!

Shii Ann (after challenge confessional): Ya know this morning I woke up after two nights with lack of sleep, pouring rain and one of the most important alliances -- one of my favorite Mogo Mogo members just got voted off.

I woke up this morning feeling vulnerable, scared and tired (FUNNY, BUT WE ONLY FELT TIRED WATCHING THIS EPISODE). Just drained, and I thought to myself, you know what? Just vote me off. (WAIT ONE OR TWO MORE EPISODES) I don't need to be here anymore. I made it to the jury. I passed my 21 days from the last game (ONLY BECAUSE YOU ARE SO PATHETIC NO ONE WANTS TO VOTE YOU OFF). Why am I here? I'm miserable. But just winning that reward challenge today, just getting that snippet of my family on the video and these letters -- it's so important right now. So important to just have that extra push (crying).

And if I don't sleep for the next 11 days, if I don't eat and if I don't drink water, just have this little bit of encouragement, love from back home, I think I can do it. I think I have what it takes to keep going now.

CUT

This morning I was ready to quit. (OH GREAT...ANOTHER ONE). I was ready to say to the Chaperans who are so strong right now. All of them, there's six of them. Only Kathy and I are from Mogo Mogo, the original. And I know they're going to try and pick us off one by one. And I thought, why even bother trying to pick a deal with them? (YEAH, WHY BOTHER?) To let them see the logic in keeping me over someone else.

I'm tired. I'm done. I'm ready for a bed and a cup of cocoa, some croissants. But having these letters (I DIDN"T KNOW THEY HAD PAPER AND PENS IN HELL?) gives me something to keep going and trying to win the same and keep trying to go out fighting. So I'm not giving up. It just reminds me, I came here for a reason. Your family and friends are cheering you on. They love you, just go win. Just win.

CUT

Before I saw the video, just knowing that I was about to see their faces made me break into teats. I never cry during the game. I try not to cry during the game, because I didn't come out here for a good time (HEY, WE'RE NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME EITHER).

I didn't come out here for rewards, to make friends. I came out here to win a game. So I've been playing this game very quietly, trying to hold it all in. Just knowing I was about to see the videos made me start crying. Then seeing my sister and my mom and my stepdad and my car, I was filled with this incredible joy. It made me cry. It wasn't sadness. It wasn't sad, it was just so happy to know that they were there waiting for me at the end of all us this. They're only a few days away fro me. And it's so important at this point, because emotionally and physically, I'm at the end.

(SOUNDS LIKE SHII-DEVIL IS TOO TIRED TO STIR UP TROUBLE)

And I never thought I would get to this point where I would be at the end of my ropes. But, ya know, I've think I've lost half of my body weight. I haven't slept in days. And now I feel like I'm a huge target here. I've just about given up hope until I saw my family. And I miss them so much, and just knowing that they feel the same way, right now, gives me what it takes to go on.

------------------------
Kathy Speaks
3 min : 21 sec

------------------------
Clip description: What makes Chaboga Mogo tribemates teary-eyed? Kathy explains the reasons behind the tribe's intense emotions.

Markopolo's note: This clip has nothing special worth noting. Kathy does mention that she thought Jenna would crumble at her video, but she wasn't excruciating or broken down. And it shows she's strong as an ox mentally.

Shii Ann was free-flowing and she's more of a sensitive person.

Alicia wanted to break down, but with a tough exterior, she wouldn't break down, which Kathy says is a weakness. If she played more open, she might have gone farther.

Yet she says Rupert's emotional outburst could be his downfall. (SHE'S CONTRADICTING HERSELF SLIGHTLY).

------------------------
Kathy final words
------------------------

Markopolo's note: I liked this paragraph the best.

I know how to play this game, and that's why I came back, with great reluctance for the physical. ... I wanted to take what I learned and see if I could bring it to fruition. There's nothing better. It's like taking a class."

Kathy (final words): Damn, I had it going, too! I was working both sides, and I was doing it okay. I think people didn't catch on, they didn't mind it, they weren't asking questions. I had that down. Jesus! I can't believe it. I thought Rob was going to be there for me. It was stupid, actually; it was a stupid play. But that's what happens when you put too much trust and loyalty into your thought process out here. You can't let it happen.

You know, I came into this with a lot of hesitation, and I think the hesitation was just… I remember how beat up I got. I go so beat up that it affected my decision-making. So I came in here, and I just wanted to play the game. I came in like going to a new job, trying to be effective, as effective as I could. The thing is that it beat me to a pulp in the first six days. I had that pounding dehydration feeling day four. I had that feeling--honest to God--day 20, 25 last time. So it threw me off in the Challenges, and you know what? It threw me off in bonding with people. That robust feeling of this great adventure wasn't here, because I was just hurting physically.

The other thing that was totally missing was that on Marquesas, we were truly building a little society. I think the players did it. Whether it was Gabriel or Pascal, because it was all new. We were like big-eyed kids at Christmastime or at a holiday: "Wow! This is like Robinson Crusoe!" So, we did this bonding thing that actually makes you win. We didn't have that at all in the tribe that I was on. In that tribe that I was on, Mogo Mogo, it was business. They were all into the business of it. Hatch, Colby, most of us didn't have that wide-open, adventure feeling. So that was the killer; we didn't win. Teams have got to have spirit to win. Even thought that other tribe, Chapera, had all that goofy rah-rah stupid stuff that I didn't think was team spirit, it was enough spirit for them to make it, to win. That's why their alliance is strong.

Why did I want to do it? Because I learned. I started learning last time at about day 15, day 20, and I knew that if I brought back that knowledge, that I could have won. You know what? I could have won. I made that ridiculous decision not having enough facts. That guy wasn't in front of me, you know? I didn't have the pawn or the chess player in front of me. It was stupid. I was going based on knowing the person compared to having him in front. So I really thought I could do well. And you know what? I think I was doing well.

I know how to play this game, and that's why I came back, with great reluctance for the physical. The only thing I knew was I was going to come out and I was going to look younger again, because when I get skinny I look younger. I wanted to take what I learned and see if I could bring it to fruition. There's nothing better. It's like taking a class or learning something new. I went through such an experience last time, a personal growth experience, and just the knowledge of the game. So this time around, I knew just taking the knowledge that I acquired from the first time around that I could really win it. I felt that I was on a good course. So that's why I did it: I wanted to win! It's about winning; I love to win. We all do. And who knows? Maybe there was going to be some new enlightenment that was going to occur. But that didn't happen.

I walk away feeling good that when I am down in the dumps and I'm going down for the count, what I rely on is trust and loyalty and the better qualities of life. And you know what? Maybe I just don't have it in myself to make it all the way to the million and be semi-corrupt and lie like everybody tonight at Tribal Council said you had to do. And you know what? In essence, I don't think I have it in me to do that. I was trying to do it the other way. I feel really good about myself. If I made a mishap and I'm not winning that million bucks because it was based on trust and loyalty, and I keep rearing back to that, I keep going back to that, wanting it. I don't think you can find it here. If you find it, it's in little, short doses, and you should be satisfied with that. And you know what? I'm not. I want the big, big Kahuna loyalty and trust, and I don't think you can win it out here with just that.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... LeftPinky 04-16-04 1
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... Flowerpower 04-16-04 2
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... pmspml5 04-16-04 3
 Best Typo Award ElroyJetson 04-16-04 4
   RE: Best Typo Award EMT135 04-16-04 21
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... SurvivorMack 04-16-04 5
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... rosesarefree_lover 04-16-04 6
 Kathy's an IDIOT!! SouperStar 04-16-04 7
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... buckeyegirl 04-16-04 8
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... Breezy 04-16-04 9
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... nailbone 04-16-04 18
 Fifth night udg 04-16-04 10
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... Loree 04-16-04 11
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... CantStandToLook 04-16-04 12
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... samboohoo 04-16-04 13
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... beesknees 04-16-04 14
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... emydi 04-16-04 15
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... geg6 04-21-04 24
       RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... emydi 04-21-04 25
           RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... geg6 04-21-04 26
               RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... emydi 04-21-04 27
                   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... geg6 04-21-04 28
           RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... ManateeBob 04-21-04 29
               RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... emydi 04-21-04 30
                   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... ManateeBob 04-29-04 31
                       RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... emydi 04-29-04 32
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... Monicanada 04-16-04 16
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... Brownroach 04-16-04 17
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... dajaki 04-16-04 19
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... toddE 04-16-04 20
 Tribal council words JohnMc 04-16-04 22
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRA... zazzy 04-16-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-16-04, 05:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks Marco! Your version is always better than watching the videos!

created by the amazing JSlice!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-04, 07:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Awesome job as always, Marco! Don't see how Kathy would vote for Rob in the finals either.....unless he was against Jenna perhaps.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-04, 07:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Awesome, Awesome - and a Piston and Wings fan to boot - wahoooooo go Detroit (I'm in Chicago now so I dont get to say that often)

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-04, 08:13 AM (EST)
4. "Best Typo Award"
Before I saw the video, just knowing that I was about to see their faces made me break into teats

I think she can get a salve for that once she's booted this week.

Thanks for another great transcript Marko!

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-16-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Best Typo Award"
For a minute there, I thought I might be reading about Tom's goats.
Agreed, best typo ever.

Some weird stuff in there about Tom and his family. His wife sounds like quite a prize... not.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. There's always something interesting and for me this time it was getting a true glimpse into Kathy's perceptions of herself, other players and how to win the game.

EMT

SurvivorMack 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Tom really freaks me out sometimes

He needs to stick to the dancing and try not to get into the heavy philosophical discussions!

Agreed, Rupert has not been the same this season. I'm not sure... he may have come back too soon, not enough recovery time mentally or physically. He needed more time to let his last performance soak in and think about what to do differently.

~ The Mack

rosesarefree_lover 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks Marco!

BTW, shouldn't that be Martinez? ;)

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 08:28 AM (EST)
7. "Kathy's an IDIOT!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Kathy (final words): Damn, I had it going, too! I was working both sides, and I was doing it okay. I think people didn't catch on, they didn't mind it, they weren't asking questions. I had that down. Jesus! I can't believe it. I thought Rob was going to be there for me. It was stupid, actually; it was a stupid play. But that's what happens when you put too much trust and loyalty into your thought process out here. You can't let it happen.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, I'm a frickin' IDIOT!!

You just go on a two day rant about the Rahbfaddah and how he can't be trusted, and you thought he "was going tp bet there?"

How people see you as a smart player is beyond me! On TES, you take Lex off of the hook and said it was your call to keep Lambah. You're still upset that Rahb broke his promise to you. When in the heck did he promise you squat? Did MB edit out your "negotiation" with Rahb at the History IC? You made a stupid choice. You tried to bring outside the game into the game. You got burnt. Step off of the high horse. Sit in the jury box and have a Punk Pity Party.

It's just a game.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
You had me at the title. Great job as always Marko! Thanks for posting! As a non-Rupert fan my favorite quote was:
IS THERE ANY SURVIVOR OF WHICH YOU ARE MORE SICK?--No!!

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 08:45 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks Marko!!! Kathy is one of the best players ever.

She's right about Survivor and friends don't mix.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Kathy is one of the best players ever.

You forgot to add the after that statement.Somebody might actually take you seriously otherwise.

ETA: Marko, you rock!

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
10. "Fifth night"
Rob says, "This is our fourth night on this beach. It's our fifth night without sleep." So, that tells you when it was recorded.

---
UDG

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks again Marko!

Tom does scare me. And his son sounded just like him on the video.

According to Kathy on the Early Show she is still friends with Rob. She said the relationship between Lex and Rob is rather prickly.

I like Kathy. But she really came off rather arrogant on the Early Show. She acts like the expert of Survivor telling all the others how to play and trying to guide them and yet they outlasted her. She was the one making stupid decisions with Lex. So I think her trying to tell them how to play was a little arrogant on her part.

From her words in here it sounds like Alicia does not make it far at all.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Great Job Marco....

It's hard to like Rob cause he's just a huge arrogant a$$ but I have to give him ultimate credit for playing the game every second of the day. Even through tears and emotion about the letters and videos...he still manned up and said...yeah, it's part strategy. He is not letting emotion no matter how strong it may be deter him from the game at hand (well maybe with the exception of all his blathering on about Lamber when she was gone)

He may be the most hated player in the game...but if he makes it to F2, there can be no denying who played the best game.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
blatantly causing cross-threading confusion since..eh..today

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
As always, thanks Marko for all of the hard work and the extra add-ins!!

Samboohoo

beesknees 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-16-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
I just want to say how much I enjoy your transcripts. I look forward to reading your comments every Friday morning.

Thanks so much!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

ETA THANKS MARKO!!!

(I HATE AMBER MORE THAN EVER. NOW THAT THE APPRENTICE GIRLS
ARE ON FHM, I REALLY HAVE NO USE FOR AMBER OTHER THAN MAKING JOKES ABOUT HER HOMETOWN OF BEAVER, PENN., WHICH IS NEAR BEAVER STADIUM AND PENN STATE, WHERE JOE PATERNO IS SO OLD, HE
WOULDN'T KNOW A BEAVER IF IT BUMPED INTO HIM)

Hey Marko, don't be dissing JoePa along wiht Lambah. Beaver Stadium is a nice 2 hour drive from lovely downtown Beavah and it is an awesome place to see a game. I'm a Pitt Alum but still love PSU!!

Ask gut, "What shall it be, fruity pebbles or lucky
>charms?"

Wait a minute... I had Fruity Pebbles this morning (really, I did)

Wow, almost seven minutes of Kathy, and unlike EVERY
other Survivor exit interview, this one is a pleasure to
listen to. Kathy is an amazing player, an amazing person,
and she has a fantastic utlook. Some of her quotes
are perfect analyses of the game.

I agree Marko. Hey, KOB_fan, can you get us all tickets to next week's viewing???

emydi

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
emydi, what can I say except, "Pitt is IT!!!" Class of '89, baby. And, for the record, Beaver Stadium is exactly 3 hours and 15 minutes from Beaver, Beaver County. How do I know this? I'm from Beaver County and travel regularly to Happy Valley due to my job at Penn State Beaver (the local branch campus). I know, I know, it's the enemy camp but it's a job. As far as JoePa goes, even the rabid PSU alumni are getting restless.

Not a big Ambuh fan on the show, but have run into her in public and she is the "nice" girl everyone says. Can't hate such a sweetie, can't respect her game play. As a Beaver girl, I'm torn.

04-21-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
geg!! another pittsburgher en 'at!!!

Class of '90 BA we were there at the same time!! and '93 JD

I know about JoePa, but you gotta cut him some slack, he's a legend!!

I actually love PSU, the campus is beautiful. My little sister is alum Class of '00.

I guess my timing was off cause when I make the trip, it's from Pgh and I am a leadFOOT!!

emydi

04-21-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
OMH, I might have even been in a class with you. I notice you have a BA and your JD makes me suspicious that your BA might be in the same field as mine: political science, by any chance? I think that's why I so love Survivor...it's an opportunity to put my undergrad education to work for once by analyzing political maneuvering in an emerging society. Or, at least, that sounds good when our CEO catches me talking about it.

04-21-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Close....Sociology with conc in criminal justice (so where else was I gonna go but law school!!!)

I've been a people watcher for ever and then some!!! Survivor (esp. spoiling it) also appeals to my analytical side.

You probably saw me in Hillman--i did work-study there at reserve and check out desk!!

emydi

04-21-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Oh god, Hillman! I practically lived in that place for my last two years. We've undoubtedly gazed into each other's eyes, probably blearily.

ManateeBob 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Isnt this looked at like incest? BA and post-grad at same school?

So did you elect to fight to uphold the american way of life and our nation's most precious values or did you become a prosecutor?

04-21-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Not so much for law school, there were a bunch of us Pitt alums in my law school class.

Neither.... I decided I couldnt do either, too liberal to be a prosecutor and too nice to be a defense attorney Do civil work now

emydi

ManateeBob 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
As to the issue of academic incest, some say yes, some say no. I never gave the folks in my class who came straight up from undergrad any breaks.

Second, just because the clients are almost always dirtballs doesnt mean you cant be "nice" and do criminal defense.

Finally, there are of course "good guys" and "bad guys" in civil practice as you know.

Totally off topic, but I always wonder about the motivations of folks who go into law.

And yes, I use the male as the generic, Im unrepentant.

04-29-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
M-Bob check your PM

emydi

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
This: Welcome to Survivor Insider, where if you lost the first time because of an exposed boob, you can lose this time to two boobs and a boob-brain. is the funniest thing I've ever read. Great job, Marko!

Created by the amazing J Slice!
Go Habs Go!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks as always, I think this is your best one yet, Marko. Of all the numerous laughs I think this made me laugh the hardest:

(JENNA IS LIKE A CHEERLEADER, MINUS THE HOT, FRISKY SIDE. ALL THAT IS LEFT IS THE ANNOYING, PERKY OPTIMISM. WORTHLESS.)

I love reading these!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks Marko! You're the best! And I would never dream of dissing you, not with such dire threats each week!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Thanks for your work, Marco. I enjoy reading the transcript with your hilarious commentary sooo much more than actually watching the episode.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-16-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
22. "Tribal council words"
Marko,

First off, thanks a ton for doing this each week. I look forward to reading your transcripts for both the insight and for the humor. Have I told you lately that you rock!?!

I wanted to add this to your transcript on Shii Ann and Rupert that you couldn't decipher. The sound balance was AWFUL, but I think I picked out a little more.

Shii Ann: Amber, I'm voting for you, because not only did you lie to our tribe, (then some more stuff you just can't understand, then)This prevents me from having to vote for Kathy, who I love, and who you are stabbing in the back.So, good move on your part, unfortunately, I have to cast this vote against you.

Rupert: Kathy, I'm sorry..... You know, maybe it would have been different if we’d have started out together. ... But I'm sticking with my alliance. They have shown me that they are loyal to me. I'm not going to betray them, even if it hurts me.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-16-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 11 TRANSCRIPT"
Marko,

Thank you for the insider clips every week! I just read your summaries and don't even go to the CBS site. You have tons of lurker-readers who appreciate all you do.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •