The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-04, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
I did not see this posted elsewhere. EPMB apparently takes his secrets very seriously.

Loose Lips Sink "Survivor" Ship

By Joal Ryan

An ex-Survivor has been felled by a paper cut.

Survivor: Thailand contestant Helen Glover lost her columnist gig with a Rhode Island newspaper this week after CBS warned the former jungle dweller that she was blabbing too much about behind-the-scenes life on the hit reality series.

The Providence Journal reported that its powers-that-be opted to off Glover rather than have the network take a first pass at her articles.

"What CBS wants is the right to edit the work of a person writing for the Journal. We find that arrangement unacceptable," executive editor Joel Rawson said in his newspaper Wednesday.

Glover, who placed fourth on Thailand, began freelancing a column for the Journal on Jan. 31. It offered running commentary and predictions on the show's latest incarnation, Survivor: All-Stars, which premiered Feb. 1.

Per the paper, Glover's March 11 submission prompted an e-mail from a CBS lawyer. Communicating directly with Glover, the legal eagle told the 48-year-old that she had violated her Survivor confidentiality agreement by describing post-game procedures for castoffs.

"When you are voted off, you go to a base camp, of sorts, behind the scenes and far away from the game," Glover wrote in the paper. "... receive a meal, shower, room and a visit from the staff psychiatrist."

Glover went on to note that the show's psychiatrist checks in with ex-players--some of whom leave the game angry or depressed, she said--even after they return to the real world, "as many people have trouble adjusting to the normal routine of life again."

Glover responded to the CBS e-mail by submitting a column that was to run this past Wednesday to the network before her newspaper bosses got a look. CBS told the Journal it didn't order Glover to do so; Glover told the paper she sure wasn't acting on "a suggestion."

The ex-player said it was never her intention to "ruin" the show via her column.

"I love Survivor and the people who play the game," Glover said in the Journal. "...I tried to be so careful not to divulge anything that would be a secret."

CBS and Survivor producers take their secrets seriously. In 2001, the network sued original Survivor cast member Stacey Stillman for $5 million, alleging she'd broken her confidentially agreement by filing a lawsuit claiming the game was rigged.

Per the Journal, players are bound by signed agreements to hold their tongues for three years. Glover's keeps hers in check into 2005.

While CBS doesn't want insider info spilled, it hasn't stopped insider takes from being shared. Columns by ex-Survivors have popped up everywhere including in the pages of the National Enquirer where Thailand champ Brian Heidik (news) pens one.

I do not see what big secret she revealed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... okaloosajohn 03-31-04 1
 RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... SurvivaBear 03-31-04 2
   RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... Brownroach 03-31-04 3
 RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... Rothschild 03-31-04 4
 RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... Smartycat 03-31-04 5
   RE: Helen Glover fired for saying t... JohnMc 03-31-04 7
 My story from yesterday AyaK 03-31-04 6
   RE: My story from yesterday dabo 03-31-04 8
       RE: My story from yesterday dreamerbeliever 04-01-04 9
       RE: My story from yesterday FrogPrincess 04-01-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-31-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
That story has been up on the Survivor News front page all week. I found the comment by the newspaper: "What CBS wants is the right to edit the work of a person writing for the Journal. We find that arrangement unacceptable," executive editor Joel Rawson said in his newspaper Wednesday.

WTF? They find CBS's behaviour unacceptable, so they fire the writer? DOH. That'll teach 'em won't it?

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
What is the big secret? Is it that the cast sees a psychiatrist immediately after being booted? This "debrief" might explain some of the attitude changes (by Rudy and Sue, for example)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
Is it that the cast sees a psychiatrist immediately after being booted?

I thought we'd already been told this, maybe not using the word "psychiatrist", but that there was "counseling" or something like that. Anyway, I guess Christy can expect an email from CBS too:

http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/30/406a66ba5f470

She kept in contact with the show's psychologist for four months and has since recovered from all injuries, both physical and emotional.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
Since All Star Survivor is a complete bore, CBS needs to provide help for the viewing public ... Between ALLSS and AI3 and Kerry and Bush the public needs immediate HELP .... Will the Book of Job be Oprah's next book club selection ????

Smartycat 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-31-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-04 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Maybe they were afraid that she would end up revealing that she was really just one of an army of robots led by Brian. That the whole twist that season was man vs machine. Brian found out that by inserting his p**** into Helen's oral orifice that he could control the whole army of robots. UGH!!! I HATE HELEN GLOVER!!!!! Worst. player. EVER!! My hate for her was the whole reason I found this board, so I could find someplace to complain about her. I was too shy to post then and I have had this pent up rage ever since. Sorry, probably off topic, but my quest has now been fulfilled.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Helen Glover fired for saying too much"
Congratulations, Jerri, your revenge is complete.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
6. "My story from yesterday"
I looked at all of her columns ... nothing of spoiler value, but it's interesting nonetheless:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2425

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 10:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My story from yesterday"
In fact, after reviewing all of Helen's columns for Survivor: All-Stars, we were unable to identify even one piece of information that wasn't widely known among online Survivor spoilers. Thus, if Survivor would be damaged by Helen's column, it has already been damaged.

CBS seems to be on a rampage lately, it's really just ugly and pointless.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
9. "RE: My story from yesterday"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 02:37 AM (EST)

Here Here dabo! Jeez MB let these people use their quasi fame to make a buck or two. Believe it or not Markie, your not going to control everything and everyone at all times. The Lex website shutdown was what really chapped my thighs like Colby sitting by the fire on day four.

FrogPrincess 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
10. "RE: My story from yesterday"
i agree dabo and dreamerbeliever,
is MB really delusional enough to think everything about his little survivor world is a huge secret?
plus, some of these people need a little shot of redemption. he can paint people however he wants through the magic of editing. those phone calls from the Survivor Counselor just aren't enough ... oops ... that's a secret, too!

FROGPRINCESS
"We got an overweight, gay, naked man walking around, and no one seems to let it bother them" :-D

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •