The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"

Episode Five

Previously on Survivor: Devious Weasel wrote an awesome SOTS, it rained a lot, Tom got hit in the head a lot, and RobC dug his own grave, making him the 4th ASS to leave ASS. Afterward, Markopolo100 transcribed the Survivor Insider video clips for us. And, VerucaSalt pointed out a few interesting tidbits from Rob C. Web Chat.

It seems that the real work began this week. The Patagonia Spoiler has played out. It has been determined that the Sleek "boot list" is/was a hoax. So, we’re back to doing things the old fashioned way - with our video capture software and high speed internet connections!

THE TITLE & CLUES
"I’ve Been Bamboozled!" Not only is that what all you folks said when you realized that I was doing this week’s SOTS, but Goooey_Alley also kindly pointed out that it’s the title of this week’s episode! Volsfan noticed that "Bamboozled" was a reward challenge in Season 1.

Our beloved Webbie brought us VIDCAPS from the preview at the end of Episode 4.

JSlice passed on this week’s See BS Mirdirection, which says:
· The Reward Challenge promises a great reward for the winners and a shocking development for the losers!
· Two men battle for supremacy: who's the better man for the tribe?
· A triumphant party is short-lived.
· Deception, revenge and confusion reign as one tribe prepares for Tribal Council. Who is next to go?

The CBS.com Video Preview has Jeff telling contestants that "The tribe that finishes last (in the RC), will be dissolved." As for which tribe finishes last and what "dissolved" means in this context, well, that’s up for debate, and debate it, we did. We also discussed how the teams would be reshuffled, who would end up where, and how it would effect alliances. It seems likely that Rupert and Richard end up on the same beach, fighting to be the provider, "King Neptune."

THE REWARD CHALLENGE
The Reward Challenge involves building rafts out of bamboo. Building things doesn’t seem to be Rupert’s forte this season, which could mean that Saboga loses (again) and is "dissolved." The CBS press release hints that Rupert ends up sharing a beach with Richard and competing against him to catch fish. Cheshire Kathy could be pleased with a Mogo Mogo RC win.

THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE
Pmspml5’s thread on the IC is full of pictures and speculation. This week is a balance beam challenge where tribe members try to get from one end to the other without being knocked off. Tom falls down without any help from the opposing tribe. Richard takes on someone that looks vaguely like Jenna L. Ethan gets hit HARD, but Rob may be disqualified in the process. If Ethan is injured, could he osten later in the game? As for who wins immunity, that’s a good question, and the answer is probably Mogo Mogo or Chapera.

THE BOOTEE
So, who’s going home this week? Krautboy started a great thread for EP5 Boot Speculation, and the consensus is clear! Someone from one of the tribes will definitely be voted off this Thursday! Wasn’t that helpful? Well, how’s this? We’ve got "from" Richard Hatch, which suggests that Rich may have gone to Patagonia with Rudy, Tina and Rob C. Unfortunately, no one else saw him there, so we don’t know if Snewser was just messing with us, or if he knows something we don’t know.

Many have speculated that a Mogo Mogo IC loss means that King Richard will be dethroned, while Sue seems most vulnerable if Chapera goes to Tribal Council (would Mark Burnett give us yet another boot without much face time & character development ahead of time?). Lex has already said that he wants to ax Richard as soon as they have another food source (rice from their reward box or Rupert fishing for them, take your pick), but next week’s episode title, "Outraged," has some convinced that Richard lasts at least one more week.

Less popular picks include Jerri ala the supposedly debunked Sleek boot list and Ethan as a past winner.

FUTURE
Episode 6 is titled, "Outraged!"
We have a date for the finale - May 9.

PATTERNS, RESOURCES AND RUMORS
Trying to predict future performance based on past results? There are a few threads analyzing the patterns.
The Players, The Game, The Editing by VerucaSalt
Ass Key Confessional by tribephyl

You may also be interested in Blow by Blow’s summary of prior challenges and Krautboy’s analysis of SNN’s Scorecard.

Finally, there’s an interesting thread discussing Gossip Columnist Kristin’s article and the rumor that a Survivor employee was fired for giving Jenna M information about her mother’s condition.

There you have it. One bamboozling State of the Spoiling by me. When I previewed this post, I got an error message. "This document contains no data." Ain't that the truth?

---
UDG

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 02-24-04 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... CaptainP 02-24-04 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Blow by Blow 02-24-04 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 02-24-04 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... volsfan 02-24-04 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Krautboy 02-24-04 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Get Bent 02-24-04 7
 Nice job TeamJoisey 02-24-04 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... tinybubs 02-24-04 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bobstew617 02-24-04 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 02-24-04 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... RudyRules 02-24-04 12
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... bdemoney 02-25-04 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Breezy 02-25-04 14
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... VerucaSalt 02-25-04 15
 Great Job! GuessItRains 02-25-04 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 02-25-04 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Tinman 02-25-04 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... LookeeLoo 02-25-04 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... reef_stokes 02-25-04 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... robindobindoodledoo 02-25-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Let me be the first to say: Great SOTS, udg! And you've been posting all day too -- how'd you do it? I'm very impressed!

CaptainP 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Hey UDG! Great job! You even got in there somewhat new information such as the "King Neptune" press release! Great read!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Great SOTS! You managed to get all the crucial details that came out today into there. I'm impressed.

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Very nice UDG! You hit all the critical areas and did so in a nice compact way, and this:

When I previewed this post, I got an error message. "This document contains no data." Ain't that the truth?

Just aint the truth!

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Next in line to say...GREAT JOB!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-04, 08:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
UDG: That's my kind of SOTS! A nice clean, concise, well organized place to gather your thoughts, in what has turned out to be a very complex, confusing week...

Great work!

Thanks.

Krautboy

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 08:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
udg,

Thanks! Very nice. Short and sweet, and included the main points. And you mentioned something I hadn't noticed in a thread which really helped!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-04, 10:07 PM (EST)
8. "Nice job"
Hey, the first four SOTS writers had it easy, what with Sleek and all.

Now this, this was work!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-24-04, 10:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Very well done. Tough week with all the speculation and lack of concensus on what is in store. And your wrong, there is plenty of data, I'm just not sure what to do with all of it. Take Care.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 10:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Great job, udg. Loved your starting with "Previously on Survivor"--just gives me goosebumps thinking about the beginning of another episode!

Your summary was great and makes me want to read even more of the specific threads--esp. about the crew member being fired re: Jenna M's leaving Hmmm...

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-04, 11:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Great summary! I am so glad to see that the Sleek spoilers may be falling through and we can think for ourselves. (And hopefully mean that Ramber won;t be F2 lmao)

Three is the perfect number.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 11:07 PM (EST)
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Really nice job!
Things were clearly put out there and in a humorous way.

Your 2003 College Football Pool Ultimate Prize Winner!

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Thanks UDG for a great SOTS! It helped to clarify some matters for me.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Great job!

So who gets voted out?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-25-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Let me add on to the praise of your SOTS

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
16. "Great Job!"
Excellent SOTS, udg. You have set a high bar for us future SOTSers to follow.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Fantastic SOTS udg! You rock!

Flowerpower

Tinman 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Plenty of good info all wrapped up in a pretty little package! Thanks, udg, for a great SOTS!!

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-25-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
A really good SOTS for a really confusing Survivor week. Thanks UDG!

A Slicey original

reef_stokes 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Thanks for the 'summary'! I was really lost with all those threads. This week seems to be a really interesting one! I wonder if it's Sue or Richard.. Hmm.. Thanks again!

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-04, 10:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Five"
Fantabulous job...was a tough week to do & you did it well! Can't wait to chek out some of your links that I missed.

Thanks, UDG

rddd

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •