The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 3 Hindsight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-04, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 3 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

This thread is for reflecting upon episode 3.
here is a link to the state of the spoiling, the best compilation of what we knew beforehand: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4796.shtml

It now becomes apparent that the reason we didn't get any IC caps was because there was none! chalk one up to occam's razor.
I think we should have been hip to it, considering we knew that Jenna was leaving. (unless someone raised the idea, in which case my apologies.)

We were totally right about Jenna M. leaving, and the the Red tribe winning Reward Challenge, as well as the budding romance between Rob and Lamber.

none of us would have guessed richard to hang on to the attacking shark and bring it in. (i thought it was an eel)

Sleek was right, but it was an easy one. No credit.

Was there anything about how Rupert was so ridiculous? I don't think so, I just remember the fight b/w him and Scerri (who was COMPLETELY RIGHT!)

some Good and bad impressions-
good-
Kathy (talk about narrating!), RobM (practical and ?sexy?), Richard, Jerri (don't you think? compared to her tribe...)
bad-
Alicia (what poor taste, and zen garden was bull) , RobC ("I'm sorry I disappeared like that.) , Rupert (not only 'let's build our home out of sand' but 'jenna, you're a quitter')

big loser- MB with that Enya Return of the Hobbit garbage.

MM

EDIT- I also wanna say that OutFrontGirl's theory was true (again!), the boot is spotlighted during the previews. Jenna was all over them, crying, sitting on a rock.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 3 Hindsight munson 02-13-04 1
   RE: Episode 3 Hindsight Jims02 02-13-04 2
       RE: Episode 3 Hindsight volsfan 02-13-04 3
           RE: Episode 3 Hindsight DoodleBug 02-13-04 5
 RE: Episode 3 Hindsight Oscirus 02-13-04 4
   RE: Episode 3 Hindsight MattyMax 02-13-04 7
 RE: Episode 3 Hindsight wendyp 02-13-04 6
   RE: Episode 3 Hindsight MattyMax 02-13-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-13-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
Sleek was right, but it was an easy one. No credit.

He got the boot right but Sleek's credibility resides in the details he provides and he said Jenna6 would leave via a symbolic TC. That did not happen. Sleek was wrong, IMHO.

Anyone can post a boot list. With the spoiler information from others that was available ahead of time, his list, through the first four boots anyway, wasn't unreasonable. The integrity of the remainder of the list after the fourth boot is questionable since he got the details wrong two weeks in a row.

Personally, I'll forgive the these slip-ups if his list remains on target through the first 6 or so boots but I won't use his list as the foundation of any boot prediction of mine.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
I dunno. In Survivor 2, remember how Kucha had a symbolic one after Michael left, but they ended up editing it out?

I'm wondering if maybe the episode got too long, and they just edited out the TC that the rest of the tribe went to. Strange editing, but it has happened before.

A 2004 IceCat creation

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
Jims, I sort of thought the samething but Jiffy asked Jenna if she could wait until TC and she said no. Then Jiffy said they weren't gonna run the IC and there would be no TC. I don't think there was a TC. It wasn't mentioned this morning on The Early Show either.

Is this what everyone else thinks?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
That's what I think. Otherwise, why would they air Jeff's comments about no TC?

Speaking of that.... how are we with our timeline? Would TC have happened that night or the next night? I guess the tribes just have the day off - like a TC would be going on for one tribe, but no one leaves their camps.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-13-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
Other than the drama of this episode, the things that I noticed were:A)Robc and Jerri's boots were being set up B)Robm made the million dollar quote this time seemingly setting up an amber win.

02-13-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
>Robc and Jerri's boots
>were being set up

RobC was pretty apparent. He was useless, and no one likes him. Also, even though Alicia can't shut her trap, she is much higher on the totem pole. RobC. wasn't snuggling with Alicia. Did this threesome strike anyone else à la Tina "watch who's sitting together?"

Jerri's boot. Hmm, yeah. I don't think it's as apparent, but I think I know what you're talking about. Ethan knows his head is on the chopping block, and he knows that it's good that Jerri and Rupert are arguing, so he's ready to play up a Jerri boot. It's fun to watch Ethan dodge bullets, too.

On the topic, doesn't it seem like JennaL's being set up for a nasty fall? not this ep, so much, but the first too showed her in a quite unflattering light.

Oscirus, what was RobM's million dollar quote?

MattyMax

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
Jerri was right (can't believe I am saying this) About the shelter being dug down. I think this sets up the merge to two tribes ~ Saboga's shelter is dangerous and they go to the other two tribes.

How did Chapera have so much wood?

Notice they do not show Mogo Mogo interacting very much. SI this because they do not get along or obvious alliances?

02-13-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 3 Hindsight"
It was weird how little they showed Mogo Mogo. We never got a clear shot of their shelter, or them building it, and they haven't shown any strategy.

Maybe there wasn't that much scheming going on? I could imagine it. That's a team of individuals, they're all just covering their own behinds, and they were all ready to chuck JennaM. They're all incredibly paranoid.

also, the red herrings of this coming week says it makes a castaway paranoid due to lack of scheming on her tribe. Shii and Kathy would totally feel this way, especially Kathy, who has that Rupert-outsider complex.

MM

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •