The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Locked chests"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-06-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Locked chests"
Well, the chest (which showed up in the Mogo Mogo vid caps) threw most of us off the scent as to the winner of the RC, but can we make some assumptions from the fact that all three tribes have chests with three locks?

JP said that part of future RC would be another clue to the whereabouts of the next keys.

Is is safe to assume that the original plan was to keep three separate tribes at least thru the next two episodes? Or would they have put the third chest out there just for the symmetry?

If so, this would match with the Sleek time line of a symbolic TC next week, followed by Chapera going to TC the next week and then the merger on the 5th show.

At least MB seems to have learned a lesson about burying a treasure. I can't remember, was the second chest every discovered?

I wonder what would have happened if they had followed RobM's suggestion that they bust open the chest?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Locked chests katethegreat 02-06-04 1
   RE: Locked chests okaloosajohn 02-06-04 6
 RE: Locked chests Blow by Blow 02-06-04 2
   RE: Locked chests okaloosajohn 02-06-04 5
 RE: Locked chests Brownroach 02-06-04 3
   RE: Locked chests Blow by Blow 02-06-04 4
 RE: Locked chests KeithFan 02-06-04 7
   RE: Locked chests speedyforme 02-06-04 8
 RE: Locked chests JazzyJax 02-06-04 9
 RE: Locked chests KObrien_fan 02-06-04 10
 RE: Locked chests samboohoo 02-06-04 11
   RE: Locked chests speedyforme 02-06-04 12
   RE: Locked chests Molaholic 02-07-04 21
   Another little question strid333 02-08-04 27
 Mistake in editing... KObrien_fan 02-06-04 13
   RE: Mistake in editing... okaloosajohn 02-07-04 14
   RE: Mistake in editing... udg 02-07-04 15
       RE: Mistake in editing... KObrien_fan 02-07-04 16
           RE: Mistake in editing... Flowerpower 02-07-04 17
               RE: Mistake in editing... TeamJoisey 02-07-04 19
                   RE: Mistake in editing... Flowerpower 02-07-04 20
                       RE: Mistake in editing... TeamJoisey 02-07-04 22
                           RE: Mistake in editing... Flowerpower 02-07-04 23
                           RE: Mistake in editing... okaloosajohn 02-07-04 24
                               RE: Mistake in editing... Flowerpower 02-07-04 25
                                   RE: Mistake in editing... volsfan 02-08-04 28
                                       RE: Mistake in editing... okaloosajohn 02-08-04 29
                                           RE: Mistake in editing... volsfan 02-08-04 30
                                               RE: Mistake in editing... Get Bent 02-08-04 31
                           However... Jims02 02-07-04 26
                               RE: However... Magic Fingers 02-08-04 32
                   RE: Mistake in editing... ShowMeTheWinner 02-09-04 33
   RE: Mistake in editing... Loree 02-07-04 18
 RE: Locked chests kykate 02-11-04 34
   doubtful cqvenus 02-11-04 35
   RE: Locked chests okaloosajohn 02-11-04 36
       RE: Locked chests Brownroach 02-11-04 37
           RE: Locked chests okaloosajohn 02-11-04 38
               RE: Locked chests thetick 02-12-04 47
                   RE: Locked chests TanNymph 02-12-04 48
           now this? cqvenus 02-11-04 39
           RE: Locked chests Get Bent 02-11-04 40
               RE: Locked chests okaloosajohn 02-11-04 41
                   RE: Locked chests Brownroach 02-11-04 42
                       RE: Locked chests udg 02-11-04 43
                           RE: Locked chests udg 02-11-04 44
                       RE: Locked chests Scarlett O Hara 02-11-04 45
                           RE: Locked chests Flowerpower 02-11-04 46
 RE: Locked chests Brat2u 02-12-04 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-06-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Locked chests"
I would have loved to see them bust open the chest, despite the sign - Do Not Open. We said the same thing at home like one second before Rob M. As much as I dislike him, I had to laugh at his suggestion. I wonder what happens when you cheat??? Do the contestants know, or do they leave it up to JP to surprise them with an appropriate consequence?

I was also wondering why they didn't show any other tribe try to locate their keys. Maybe only Mogo Mogo ends up with three keys? Last season re the Treasure Chest, they showed the one team searching for it a lot, and they eventually found it. Not so much from the other tribe.

But could Mogo Mogo win the next RC, and another? Perhaps, if there is a reshuffling, but not likely in the current configuration, IMO.

02-06-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Locked chests"
You got me to thinking about something else, Kate! When the first merge does come, if the third tribe gets absorbed into two different tribes, (which seems highly likely at this time), how do they decide how to split up any left over rewards that might be 'community property', so to speak? Like rice or keys or even the machete, masks and bowls? That should be interesting, too! And give us something to try and look for in vidcaps a few weeks from now...

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-06-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Locked chests"
I was kinda surprised no one tried to bust a chest open. There must have been head-shaking from the cameramen.

I have a hard time believing that any of the tribes are going to get a chest open in the current three-tribe configuration, unless there are more shared rewards like we just had. I suppose that's likely. Maybe when it comes time to merge the tribes will pool their keys. I dunno. The whole treasure chest thing was kinda lame last time around.

-BbB

02-06-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Locked chests"
"I have a hard time believing that any of the tribes are going to get a chest open in the current three-tribe configuration, unless there are more shared rewards like we just had. I suppose that's likely."

Yeah. I thought about that, too, BbB. It would be a nice bit of lagniappe for the second place tribe in the reward competition to get at least a clue to a key, wouldn't it?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Locked chests"
Is is safe to assume that the original plan was to keep three separate tribes at least thru the next two episodes? Or would they have put the third chest out there just for the symmetry?

Good observation, okj. The former makes sense. MB would probably plan the two-tribe reshuffling for a juncture when there's an even number of players. And nothing suggests it's going to happen this week, imo, despite the use of the word "twist" in the misdirection.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Locked chests"
Well there might be some tribe shuffling (I hate that) but no merging. I doubt they'll shuffle.

-BbB

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Locked chests"
If they made a group decission to open it, what could they do about it? Send the whole tribe home?

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Locked chests"
they could TAKE the entire box away, not letting them participate in even getting a shot at having whats in the box (if they dont finish the rice first)

OR

punish them by not letting them compete in a RC (lose out on good items?)...

ANY KIND OF PUNISHMENT IS FAIR...

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Locked chests"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

Well, it's just my two cents, but the convenient crate pic at Mogo Mogo and the statements of ChillOne (and continued scrambling) tells me this guy definitely met up with a plant.

I would agree with the rest of you that it is likely there will continue to be two more episodes with three tribes from the premise that all three tribes would likely repay the favor Saboga gave them and share in the reward by providing all three tribes with clues to keys each RC until the first merge.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Locked chests"
First of all, there was a vidcap of Jenna M and Shii Ann lounging with the crate in the background, plus what looked like a camp chair and some sort of blanket or clothing on top of the chest. So the 2 together tended to lean towards them winning RC, not to mention the 3 rungs on each plus the other vidcaps. So I don't know if we "gave up" on trying to find another scenario any more then what we had for compelling evidence that was facing us.

That being said, we found out from Jeff that what is in the crates is rice. I bet that if one tribe tried and busted open the crate, it would have spilled out all over and then would have no seal for any remaining rice and it would get wet and useless very quickly.

The other possibility if the producers found a tribe had tampered with their crate is to not reward them the pot and flint, just give it to the others.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Locked chests"
Are they allowed to search for keys on their own without a map or clue to the key?

What happens if they happen to just stumble upon a key?

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Locked chests"
they SHOULD be allowed to search for it....no reason not to allow them, just like in Pearl Islands...

but the chances are hard to find the key...

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Locked chests"
Are they allowed to search for keys on their own without a map or clue to the key?
What happens if they happen to just stumble upon a key?

Like Richard said, the key was well hidden and would have been missed unless you knew exactly where to search. But I agree, if somehow they do stumble across a key -- it's theirs.

My thought on a tribe busting open the crate -- they lose all contents until the other tribes have opened theirs legitimatly.

a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-08-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
27. "Another little question"
Now I am assuming that MB thought about this so it would never be a problem, but what if the the key numbers went from left to right, and one team got the first (left), and second (middle) key, couldn't the team technically open the crate enough to get a hand in there? But knowing MB, the last key will be for the centre lock.

Three is the perfect number.

02-06-04, 09:54 PM (EST)
13. "Mistake in editing..."
I think this thread is as good as any place to post this, but did anybody else tape the show? If so, go back and watch the very beginning where Saboga is talking about Rudy and his experience in Vietnam. They cut away after that and show Rudy drinking the yucky water out of a mask while Jerri talks about the parasites again and that they haven't even boiled the water yet.

The pot that Rudy dips the mask in has writing all over the side of it...This is the pot they win during RC, and RC hasn't happened yet. The tribe has 2 pots in this scene, and the original one that they received did not have any writing on it.

I'm not sure if they have ever edited the show out of order before, or if this was done by accident or on purpose. But check it out and let me know what you think.

02-07-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Good catch, KO!
This one is from the first camp scene...

Here you can clearly see both pots...

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-07-04, 04:13 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Yeah. Someone pointed that out earlier, as well (in the East Coast thread?). I don't think it means anything, though. It didn't show up until the show had already started, so no real spoiler value. We already know that they show clips out of order.

---
UDG

02-07-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
I hadn't seen it pointed out earlier, and I know that in previews they have recycled old caps or used future ones to throw people off, this is the first time I had seen it happen during a show. So while no it isn't much spoiler value, I did think it was worth pointing out, and why I did it here I didn't think it was worth a new thread.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-04 AT 09:01 AM (EST)

>there was a vidcap of Jenna M. and Shii Ann lounging with the crate in the background, plus what looked like a camp chair and some sort of blanket or clothing on top of the chest<

Here is the pic of Jenna lounging, I could'nt find the one that showed what was on top of the crate and the chair, but could it be possible that this is a picture from episode 3, and that Mogo Mogo does indeed win the reward challenge, and the parachuted supplies in episode three?

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-07-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Here is the picture with the chair and blanket...
I guess this implies that Mogo-Mogo wins another reward challenge before Jenna goes home.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

02-07-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Mistake in editing..."

Yes, I can not see any other way that the Mogo's could get that chair, they must win the reward challenge before Jenna leaves, therefore they must win the RC this week in episode 3. I don't quite make out what is crumpled up on top of the chest....looks like some material of some sort to me, perhaps also won by the RC, included in the parachuted supplies. Thanks Joisey.

Flowerpower

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-07-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Mistake in editing..."

Don't discount the possiblity that another tribe wins the actual challenge, and chooses to share the reward, as Saboga did last week. For all we know, they all have lawn chairs and a jacuzzi.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

02-07-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
I hear you loud and clear TJ, Roger that!

02-07-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Or it might just be a chair that belongs to a camera person or interviewer that got left in the frame?

02-07-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
D'oh....you could be right Okaloosajohn!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
I tend to think that "chair" is a camerman's or someone else. How strange to have a chair as a reward!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

02-08-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Yep. Which is why I made the remark. I can't recall an aluminum camp chair in any of the past shows, can you?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
No, I am pretty sure that a tribe has never gotten a chair as a reward.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Not to mention that a chair wouldn't be that great of a reward at all. They can sit in their shelter, on a log, the ground, etc. It isn't like a blanket, or another item they would really need this early in the game.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 09:20 PM (EST)
26. "However..."
This week's teaser mentioned the reward would be parachuted, indicating an S.O.S challenge. So it's not as likely that Mogo Mogo would get supplies if Saboga/Chapera won the RC.

Just my $.02

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-08-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: However..."
But....maybe the reward is offered to all like last week, as in "Let's Make a Deal"...you can keep what is under this box or trade it for what is behind the curtain for all to have. The reward is only won by one team where the IC is won by two teams, at least for now.

Magic Fingers

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 04:47 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
I don't think the crate necessarily meant that Mogo Mogo won the RC. What if the crate contained supplies needed for the RC or IC? Ie. the crate could contain paints and whatever materials that might be needed for the SOS challenge since they were given so few materials this season to make a good SOS signal. I agree that the chair was probably used by the producers/cameramen that accidentally got left in the frame.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Mistake in editing..."
Yes, I mentioned this over on the East Coast thread Thursday night.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Locked chests"
Has anyone thought of the possibility that one key opens all three locks?

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
35. "doubtful"
i may not like MB but he's usually purposeful in these things. if there were to be 3 locks, there should be 3 keys, else why not just have 1 lock?

~ cq

-- hates wednesday the most b/c of the waiting

02-11-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Locked chests"
Well, I would hope Mogo Mogo tried that, since they have the first key already.

What did cross my mind was whether the three sets of keys are identical or not. If they were, that would make more sense that the chests will come along with the tribes and be useful after the merge(s). Otherwise there is gonna be a lot of wasted rice!!

02-11-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Locked chests"
Maybe if no one gets the crate open, they will be given the keys as a "housewarming gift" at the merge into two tribes. Each tribe could get to keep one crate, with the third being repossessed by the crew.

02-11-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Locked chests"
I broached the subject in another thread and got no response, so I'll throw it out here again. What do you suppose will happen to the tools of the third tribe when they merge into two?

It's gonna be mighty hard to split up 1 machete, for instance...and it doesn't really seem fair to make the third tribe give up any rewards they may have won or additional tools/utensils they may have fabricated, either.

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Locked chests"
how about this

the underlying assumption has been a merge with even numbers so the two teams ended up equal. suppose you merge with odd numbers, the remnants of the losing tribe(saboga) are up for grabs playground pickem style, and the crate/pot/machete combo is also eligible to be taken as one selection. i know it'll never happen but wouldn't it be great to see robfather tell jerri, "nah, we'd raather have a paaht than you"

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Locked chests"
lol - would love to here him say that!!!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
39. "now this?"
makes sense.

~ cq

Well, Rob...you do not have Stupid written on your forehead. Hypocritical, Ignorant, Confrontational, Homophobic, Obnoxious, Arrogant, Nauseating, Manipulative, Bully, yes, but not Stupid. Stupid is written on your penis. In little, tiny letters. -- dangerkitty

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Locked chests"
The three tribes does mess all the future property ownership possibilities. Maybe they have to leave all the items gathered / won at the camp. And only use what they have at the new camp. I am sure MB and crew would select the team that won the most (or at least had the best camp) Rewards as the new site.

As for the crates... You need three keys. It looks like the teams merge into two after three RC. So what were the odds that one team would win the next two RC's and get to use all three keys? MB seems to want to make them suffer worse this time. I would think that the key reward to continue to the next round. But, if one tribe has more keys, how would this work? Maybe they make things even upon the first merge key-wise. Or like Brownroach suggested, just gave one open crate to each tribe.

02-11-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Locked chests"
There's another good question. Who does have the best camp?

02-11-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Locked chests"
Well, Saboga has bananas and Chapera has lemons. (I'm talking about the flora, not the contestants ). I don't know what Mogo Mogo has.

From the Winged Monkeys' report:

The two merged tribes were now the Red and Green Tribes and they either both merged on Mogo Mogo or one tribe on Mogo Mogo and another one on Chapera.

As far as what happens to Saboga's stuff, it might depend on how the merge is done. If they are all called to a central location like in S4, and then have to report immediately to their new tribal camp, it seems Saboga wouldn't get to take anything along. But even if they can, it's doubtful they'd all get on the same tribe, so how would they divvy their stuff up?

I think they will have to make do with whatever is already at Chapera and Mogo Mogo. Maybe at the ultimate merge into one tribe, they'll get more stuff (like the third crate of rice).

02-11-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Locked chests"
I think Saboga may have more than just Bananas. They were shown cutting up fruit last week (I THINK when Rupert was catching the fish...?), and I could have sworn they had two different types of something. Honestly, I thought one of the things was a CUCUMBER, but maybe it was a lime or something? It looked like it had green skin with white(ish) inside.

---
UDG

02-11-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Locked chests"
Never mind. I rewatched the tape, and I think it was just unripe bananas that they were cutting up.

They've also shown at least 2 tribes with Coconuts.

---
UDG

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Locked chests"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 07:24 PM (EST)

>Well, Saboga has bananas and Chapera
>has lemons. (I'm talking
>about the flora, not the
>contestants ). I don't
>know what Mogo Mogo has.
>
Sugar . . . Mogo Mogo has bamboo . . . and, Richard's matches too.

Scarlett knows

02-11-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Locked chests"
the Mogo Mogo camp is located just 200 yds down the beach from where the Drake tribe was located....and they really liked that site as the fishing was really good.

FP

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Locked chests"
They are using favorite challenges from seasons gone by. I'm not clear if it's favorite IC or RC. I do expect(hope) to see at least one looting, and or a kidnapping incident.

Steal a tribes chest - regardless if it's still locked. No soup for you!

If that happens, could they break open the second chest without getting into trouble?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •