The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matches have been confirmed..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-04, 06:00 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matches have been confirmed..."
I live in the same town as KO, she has a get together every thursday to watch the show and then answer questions about the episode after. The money raised to get into the event goes to charity. A local radio station just reported that KO told the story of Rich transporting and smuggling the matches onto the island, and that it WAS indeed edited out of the episode.

It sounds like I need to find out where the next "get together" is and be there to ask a few questions. What kinds of questions can I ask her without having her give too much away but that may be helpful in confirming some of the spoilers we have?

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Matches have been confirmed... okaloosajohn 02-10-04 1
   RE: Matches have been confirmed... KObrien_fan 02-10-04 2
       RE: Matches have been confirmed... PepeLePew13 02-10-04 3
           RE: Matches have been confirmed... dabo 02-10-04 4
               RE: Matches have been confirmed... KObrien_fan 02-10-04 5
                   RE: Matches have been confirmed... dabo 02-10-04 7
               RE: Matches have been confirmed... VerucaSalt 02-10-04 6
                   RE: Matches have been confirmed... KObrien_fan 02-10-04 8
                       RE: Matches have been confirmed... Brownroach 02-10-04 9
 RE: Matches have been confirmed... idiotcowboy 02-10-04 10
   RE: Matches have been confirmed... katethegreat 02-10-04 11
       RE: Matches have been confirmed... okaloosajohn 02-10-04 12
 RE: Matches have been confirmed... LookeeLoo 02-11-04 13
   say hello to kathy for me ! ivoryElephant 02-11-04 14
       RE: say hello to kathy for me ! KObrien_fan 02-11-04 16
   RE: Matches have been confirmed... okaloosajohn 02-11-04 15
 RE: Matches have been confirmed... Get Bent 02-11-04 17
   RE: Matches have been confirmed... Nameroo 02-11-04 18
       RE: Matches have been confirmed... Blow by Blow 02-11-04 19
           RE: Matches have been confirmed... Fashionista 02-11-04 20
               RE: Matches have been confirmed... KObrien_fan 02-12-04 21
                   RE: Matches have been confirmed... Blow by Blow 02-12-04 22
                       RE: Matches have been confirmed... okaloosajohn 02-12-04 23
                       RE: Matches have been confirmed... KObrien_fan 02-12-04 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-10-04, 06:12 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
Well, I would think a confirmation of where the losers got sent would be a good place to start.

02-10-04, 06:23 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
If she made the jury she may not know that, so that in and of itself could be telling if she doesn't know where they were sent.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 06:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-04 AT 06:48 AM (EST)

You could ask her if that is her hugging Lamber in the opening credits sequence. If she says something about it, then that confirms she definitely lasts a little while longer at least.

Edited to confirm that it is Kathy that is being hugged by Lamber. I checked the tape of the opening credits, it's her pink top.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-04 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

Unless they offer the swipe-a-tribemember reward again, and they pick Kathy over Colby, or they pick Amber over Alicia or Big Tom (yeah, seems real unlikely). Kathy and Amber winding up on the same tribe looks real certain at this point.

KO, you might ask her if she got to pound pizza and beer with the Robfodder again. I'm envious, you have the chance to spend each episode with a player, don't pass it up! Keep an eye out for the first week you can't do that, she might not feel so charitable about sharing the episode in which she gets the boot.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

02-10-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
She did the same thing during Marquesas with the viewings as far as getting together with peeps and watching it in public, and since she was in the final episode she never had the occaision to not host one of these events.

One time she made the event private, we all thought for sure she was going to be booted, turns out it was the family reward episode or something like that.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 09:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
Ah. Maybe you could ask "Purty Boy" if he got to pound back pizza and beers with the Robfodder!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-10-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
Regarding A/K hugging and any questions on it, I am just linking you to my post on it. It may not be a later shot....

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4764.shtml

02-10-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I agree with you that it is a shot from the beginning.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I'm quite sure that's from the post-challenge hellos as well. According to Entertainment Weekly, that reunion wasn't supposed to happen, LOL:

Probst, who has been off conferring with producers, sees the burgeoning reunion and runs in like a one-man riot squad to disperse the crowd. ''Stay with your tribe! Stay with your tribe!'' he yells. ''I'm gonna get fired!''

You could ask Kathy if she was aware during the game of the big romance that's being hinted at in the media. If she say yes, we might speculate she was on a tribe with one or probably both of Rob and Amber.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-10-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
So if the story is correct then why did they not use them? Was he found out or ratted out? Just curious because it was clear no one had fire before they gave them the flints, and once they had the flints starting a fire no longer became an issue.

-ICB

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-10-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I thought I read earlier this season the rumor that Kathy and/or Lex caught Rich using the matches, after he started a fire, and Kathy blew up at him (for cheating?). Maybe he secretly used the matches and started a fire, after the others were resting from their lame attempts. Rich says "I knew I could do it", but Kathy or someone discovered he had cheated (a burnt match). So they had to put the fire out and give up (turn in) the matches, start over, etc. In which case (the point I'm trying to make) Rich was caught cheating but wasn't really penalized by MB and crew (being that he's the King and all . . . ) So they don't want to show the average viewer how they let him almost get away with it (except for Kathy's big mouth or strong morals, whichever you want to call it). Maybe they also don't want other future contestants to start thinking about creative ways to cheat; obviously, many do think this way, but a lot more would consider it, seeing the minimal punishment offered.

02-10-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I think it's also possible that MB and Jiffy KNEW that Rich had the matches. Which would explain Probst's assumption that Mogo Mogo did have fire at the second challenge getogether...

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-04, 01:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
Wasn't there a confessional in the first Ep. from Dique stating something along the lines of "could I have started a fire? Sure, but I didnt."

A Slicey original

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-11-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
14. "say hello to kathy for me !"
I am so jealous that you get to meet Kathy!

Say hi to her for me and ask her if she reads these boards

I don’t really give a damn which one of the two goes, as long as it ain’t me."-Sandra Diaz-Twine

02-11-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: say hello to kathy for me !"
I will

02-11-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I think what he said was "I could start a fire in the blink of an eye. But they (refering to his tribemates) don't have to know that."

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-11-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I for one am interested in how the matches incident went down. If you could find out any details, that would be very interesting!

For Spoiler value, maybe ask about different players and what she thinks of them. From what I understand we do not have a definitive list of the two tribes. So after we hear her comments on each player, and the new tribes are known, we can make some conclusions on how far she gets, whos she's alligned with, who she got to know on the jury, etc.

Nameroo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
Questions. 1) Where would a naked man "hide" matches and 2) Would you want to use them?

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
1) His bum.
2) Yes.

Fashionista 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-04, 10:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I saw Kristen report on E! News Live that Richard did smuggle the matches in and that he would have been disqualified but they didn't catch it on tape...interesting!

02-12-04, 07:10 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I have a hard time believing they didn'y catch it on tape with all the camera's they have around, not to mention after his tribe found out there was some sort of confrontation. They just didn't want to boot King Richard for cheating.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-12-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
I had the impression the cameras don't follow people to the potty. And that's when the matches would have come out. It doesn't seem they were ever used.
-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

02-12-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

Hmmm. If they weren't ever used, then how did anyone else find out about them?

Do you think Richard just pulled out some matches and announcing that he'd be happy to make fire for everybody...

And I sure can't see him starting up a fire at the latrine and then just bringing it back to camp with him. That wouldn't be dramatic enough for Dicque.

Hmmm, again. Come to think of it, though, if he did go off by himself with no cameras around and start up a little fire to bring back to camp, how would they ever have proved that he cheated?

02-12-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Matches have been confirmed..."
BbB,
I wasn't talking about the actual act of him retrieving the matches being caught on film, I was referring to him starting a fire when his tribemates had given up. At least according to what I had read elsewhere on the subject, I think it was from Varner.

Anyway, after he started the fire so quickly it raised suspicion with his tribemates who confronted him to search for the evidence, this is what I am sure is on tape somewhere.

Let's face it, CBS was not going to air this nor boot King Richard for cheating.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •