The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official announment date?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-05-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official announment date?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-04 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

Is it today or tomorrow when they tell us exactly who will be there?

Cin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official announment date? weltek 01-05-04 1
   RE: Official announment date? pmspml5 01-06-04 2
       RE: Official announment date? weltek 01-06-04 3
           RE: Official announment date? pmspml5 01-09-04 4
               RE: Official announment date? Brownroach 01-09-04 5
 RE: Official announment date? Drive My Car 01-09-04 6
 Casts Finally Revealed Goooey_Alley 01-10-04 7
   RE: Casts Finally Revealed pmspml5 01-12-04 8
       RE: Casts Finally Revealed SurvivorBlows 01-12-04 9
           RE: Casts Finally Revealed mistofleas 01-12-04 10
               RE: Casts Finally Revealed PepeLePew13 01-12-04 11
                   RE: Casts Finally Revealed mistofleas 01-12-04 12
                       CBS site is up! PepeLePew13 01-12-04 14
                           RE: CBS site is up! buckeyegirl 01-12-04 15
                           RE: CBS site is up! frisky 01-12-04 17
                               RE: CBS site is up! Brownroach 01-12-04 26
                                   RE: CBS site is up! Lisapooh 01-12-04 27
                                       RE: CBS site is up! Brownroach 01-12-04 28
                                           RE: CBS site is up! okaloosajohn 01-12-04 29
                       Poor Misto samboohoo 01-12-04 16
               RE: Casts Finally Revealed okaloosajohn 01-12-04 13
                   Thoughts on the cast and tribes! volsfan 01-12-04 18
                       RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... buckeyegirl 01-12-04 19
                           RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... volsfan 01-12-04 20
                       RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... VerucaSalt 01-12-04 21
                       RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... Brownroach 01-12-04 22
                           RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... Swami 01-12-04 23
                               RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... Brownroach 01-12-04 24
                                   RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes... udg 01-12-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-05-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Official announment date?"
Last I heard it's Monday the 12th.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Official announment date?"
I really thought the CBS football playoff game would have tons of survivor mentions but didnt - maybe this weekend?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Official announment date?"
That's true. We watched A LOT of football last week/weekend and didn't hear a peep.

01-09-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Official announment date?"
They will have an official announcement on Mondays early show - with a week long special on survivor the week before the start. It seems that the monday early show should be good and not just a quick - little - by the way last 5 min of the show announcement. Hope so

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Official announment date?"
Here's the copy posted on SurvivorFever:

THE "SURVIVOR: ALL STARS CAST ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE BROADCAST
ON CBS NEWS’ "THE EARLY SHOW" JAN. 12, 2004

CBS News' THE EARLY SHOW will provide the first look at the 18 new castaways of SURVIVOR: ALL STARS on Monday, Jan. 12 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Several of the survivors will reveal their strategies for the eighth installment of the hit reality series, which debuts after the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 1 on CBS.

In addition, in a five-part series to be broadcast the week before the SURVIVOR: ALL STARS premiere, beginning on Monday, Jan. 26 (7:00-9:00 AM, ET/PT), EARLY SHOW Correspondent Tracy Smith will report on each contestant's approach to the game, the plans of the producers and the secrets that have kept SURVIVOR atop the ratings for seven seasons.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Official announment date?"

Monday!?!?!?

I am so excited I could pee my pants!

(oops, that was an overshare, wasn't it?)

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
7. "Casts Finally Revealed"
TV Guide released the info 2-days ahead from the official announcement of CBS. It includes some interesting facts during the game and the preparation of some players for the game.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article3958.art&page=1

01-12-04, 07:45 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
Anyone watch the morning show - has it been on yet - I'm at work and forgot to plug in my DVD recorder

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
It aired just after 8:30... nothing new there, except for the CBS reporter Traci Smith making Harry Sminth blush by saying "some of the players know each other... intimately" during her closing (an allusion to, among others possibilities, Ethan and Jenna I'm sure.)

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
Thanks webby. I had to be into work early this morning so I missed it (damn lawyers!).

So I take it the cast is exactly that which we've had for a while?

I'm assuming they gave just the cast list and not which tribes or anything but if we've had the right cast list for a while then we can most likely safely assume (how's that for hedging?) that the tribes will be broken down the way we have them.

--jazzed that we should now start getting new previews with the real cast

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
Oh they did have the tribes grouped -- I didn't watch the Early Show, but I did click on the "Photo Essay" on the Early Show website where they have pics of each of the Survivors.

Is it just me or is CBS late this year in putting up the official S8 site? Have they always been this late?

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
I haven't looked at the official site yet so thanks for the update. Once I wade through the pile of work Mr.Boss put on my desk over the weekend, I'll be free to take a gander at any new tidbits that have been put up.

--wants the Superbowl over already

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
14. "CBS site is up!"
Ack, as I was typing the above post, it popped up on CBS!

The CBS Site for S8:ASS

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS site is up!"
Thanks Pepe! You're the best. The tribes are as we thought. I can't believe that Rob. C and Rob M. are on the same team. That should be entertaining to watch.

I.Heart.Pepe.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS site is up!"
And just so nobody gives the CBS webmaster too much credibility this spoiling season:

"The only time two Survivors of the same sex were voted off first and second was on SURVIVOR: AFRICA, which was one by a man Ethan Zohn."

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division

01-12-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
26. "RE: CBS site is up!"
I'm sure there will be tons of errors. Already, in the contestant History section they neglect to mention that Rob M was on the Maraamu tribe in S4; they only have him on Rotu and Soliantu.

And Kathy's "best pal" was Paschal?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: CBS site is up!"
apparently he was Lex's best pal too. Morons.

01-12-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: CBS site is up!"
Bwahaha! Good find, pooh.

And they just keep coming. Currently popularity poll:

Most popular -- Rupert 84%
Second most popular -- Rudy 75%
Third most popular -- Rudy 75%

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-12-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
29. "RE: CBS site is up!"
Their scripts must be foobar. I looked at the polls right before lunch and it was Rupert 85%, Rudy 76%, Colby 74%.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
16. "Poor Misto"
Boo Hoo for you Misto. I remember all too well those days back when I worked for the lawyers, Mondays were hell especially when one of them had been there all weekend (and he even looked and smelled like it).

At least you have internet access there. The cheapos I worked for would have never spent money on internet service -- our computers worked "Bedrock" style.

Can't wait to get the season started! See you on the boards.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-12-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Casts Finally Revealed"
The TV Guide article included who's in which tribe AND the tribe names. Named after the islands as speculated here and elsewhere.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
18. "Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
On The Early Show the cast was revealed and I didn't pay close enough attention to see if they were revealed in order by tribe. However, the specific tribes were not mentioned! As Pepe has linked, the web site is up and running.

If you notice on the CBS site, they have not given us the three tribes! Unless the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. The way they are broken down into tribes in the TV Guide article has three men and three women per tribe. However, they are in alphabetical order on the CBS site.

Sorry bout the work load Misto...do they not know we have Survivor to spoil?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
The tribes are up...if you look under the link "survivors" the pictures of the players are done by tribe.

-hands Volsfan some coffee

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
Thanks Buckeye! I need more than a cup evidently! lol!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-12-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

I actually think some of the ES quotes (not so much revealing) but are interesting

Rudy: The oldest player of the game has aged three years. Now at 75, Rudy has conceded that the physical aspect of the game may not be his thing.

Rupert: The pirate from "Survivor: Pearl Islands" is back in his element and ready to claim his prize. Though a sentimental favorite, Rupert is definitely not the most well-rested of the returning contestants

Amber: Best known as "Jerri’s shadow," Amber is the most questionable All Star, though she has been called delightful by host Jeff Probst

Tom: Big Tom made it to the final four while in Africa. Maybe his original alliance with Lex and Ethan will reignite.

Alicia: The fitness trainer wasn’t very good at confrontations in the Outback, but made for some of the series' most memorable moments

Rob C. Though he won only one immunity challenge, many believe Rob is the best "Survivor" player ever, including Richard Hatch Huh??? Hatch is giving someone else HIS title

Colby: On during a season in which the show became the number one show in America. Many believe Colby’s biggest mistake was bringing the likable Tina to the game’s end with him. Of course, Tina won.

Hatch: He is the winner of the show’s original installment. He also is probably wearing the biggest target on his back. But Richard still believes he can win Of course you do

Sue Hawk: The former truck driver turned reporter for TV Guide says she’ll try and keep her mouth shut this time out. But it’s that mouth that’s made her an All Star

Shii Ann: Known to fans as the "She Devil," Shii Ann is the only contestant from her series to return, and she didn’t even make the jury! (Interestingly I read she said on ES, she didn't think she could beat the past winners but was just thrilled to be there)

Jenna L. Featured on the cover of Time magazine during the show’s debut, Jenna became the cover girl for reality TV. Her emotional gusto for the game is what has brought her back

Jerri: Australia’s femme fatale admits she got a bit cranky last time out, but insists she took time to better prepare for this adventure. A preparation that included dropping coffee (Again, we can't presume an early or late boot for someone based on PAST behavior; these people are going to tweak their strategies unless of course you are Rudy)

Rob M. Survivor"'s would-be "Godfather," Rob played well enough to keep his feet up and enjoy the labors of others. He insists he has learned from his mistakes and will win this time.

Jenna M. Jenna won "Survivor: The Amazon" with the greatest margin of victory. She’s also the youngest to win and the player with the most challenge victories

Kathy Kathy (shown here at left with "Marquesas" winner Vecepia Towery) worked with a corporate psychiatrist to better her chances. Despite being told she could not lie, she may try. (Can a leopard change her spots?)

Lex: Lex made it to the top three in Africa. He did so by playing the game straight and honest. Things may change this time out (obviously these are all nice little teasers but again remember, what we saw them do the first time may not be this time)

Tina: Not necessarily chasing another win, Tina is ready to see where this adventure takes her (Interesting to me that her motivations here may have changed; if that is the case, she would have no bones about not worrying if voted out or not since her motive is strictly for the adventure. Makes you wonder why she held out for more money)

Ethan: As the only "Survivor" champ who went an entire season without a water challenge, Ethan is looking forward to playing in Panama

ETA: I reviewed the ES article again and just picking out some potentially interesting stuff

“I thought it would be tougher initially,” Hatch says, “And, you know, I have no ego. But I’m thinking maybe I’m wrong, maybe the game is going to be even easier because at this point, I know the contestants. I know those little game pieces that I’m going to be pushing around the board.”

Manthey points out, “The last time I didn’t know what I was into and I got cranky.“

Buchanan says, “My word is my bond.” (And this is on a tribe with Rob and Rob?)

Mariano says, “I know these people and how to play and know the difference between winning and losing.”

And the "she-devil" Huang humbly says, “I don’t know if I can beat all the winners but to get the chance to play against all of them is amazing.”

Rob Cesternino, who points out, “You don’t always get a second chance in life, but I do get a chance to rewrite history.“

Rupert says, “I went into it wanting to show I was the best 'Survivor.' This might be the platform for me to show them all.”

Show host Jeff Probst says, “Well, the whole season for the 'All-Stars' is about familiarity, so we’re going to have familiar challenges, obviously familiar survivors, so we picked a familiar location. This is one of our favorites.”

Another proven success on Pearl Islands was the brief summation of three tribes, which is how the all-stars will be divided to begin the game, a game in which past winners will ultimately have to lose.

So whose torch is Probst most looking forward to snuffing?

“Probably Richard Hatch’s,” he says. “He’s one of the few people whose torch has not been snuffed and probably the guy who needs it most.“

Richard Hatch knows he’s going in with a huge target on his back. But remember last season when some of contestants voted off returned to the game and one of them, Lillian Morris, nearly won? Hatch is still confident.

The decision on who was invited to the All-Star game was done in a sneaky way. Smith reports the producers asked all 112 if they were available, then ruled out people who weren’t, looked at everybody else, paired them up and decided whom to ask. Two said no.

Strangely, they didn’t invite all the winners back.

01-12-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

Volsfan, the Early Show revealed the contestants in chronological order from S1's participants through S7's.

They had a little pre-game confessional clip for one person from each installment: Rich (1), Jerri (2), Tom (3), Rob M (4), Shii Ann (5), Rob C (6) and Rupert (7).

**Edited to remove paraphrasing since VS has all the exact confessional quotes posted above.

Traci what's-her-face was interviewing Jeff Probst on the beach and asked him whose torch he most would like to snuff. Jeff laughed, "that's an interesting question", thought for a bit, and finally said, "I guess Richard Hatch, because he's the only one whose torch I never snuffed (sic)..."

Can we infer anything from this? Would Jeff "give away" the first boot, just to get it over with? Or is it more likely that Richard doesn't go first because Jeff singled him out?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
Why does Jeff say that Richard's torch is the only one he never snuffed? When did he snuff Tina or Ethan's torch?

I love you Richard, but don't unpack.

01-12-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
VS has it quoted differently in the post above -- that Richard was "one of the few". But I'd swear Jeff said he was the only one. I'd already had two cups of coffee by the time it came on, so I was wide awake.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Thoughts on the cast and tribes!"
He said "only one" at first, then back tracked to say a "few" that had never been snuffed, but Rich needed it the most.

---
UDG

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •