The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-21-03, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 03:53 AM (EST)

As of 1:57 a.m. Eastern on Friday, there were only 5 Insider clips available. WHAT IS GOING ON?

2 of the clips are just the reward challenge and immunity challenge. That leaves three actual clips we want to watch. Last week, we only had 8 clips (EVERY WEEK BEFORE INSIDER HAS HAD AT LEAST 9).

YAHOO AND CBS, ARE YOU GOING CHEAP ON US?

Usually, I say plunk down the $9.95 for the service, but not for just three new clips.

Could we be getting screwed because Rupert is on All-Stars? It doesn't make much sense why his day-after interview would be a problem, but you never know.

-------------------------------
TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTES

Markopolo's note: In this episode we learned groundbreaking things:

1) Sandra hates Jon.
2) Burton is an asshole.
3) Rupert misses his family.
4) Not giving Rupert your reward challenge prize is as big a regret as sending your child to Michael Jackson's house for a sleepover.
5) We should have flipped over to Friends a lot earlier.

As for the votes, they are extremely hard to hear because of the high winds. I have the volume on my computer set to higher than Tijuana's voice, and I still can't hear them very well. Meanwhile, Rupert, Christa and Sandra really had their heads buried in the sand. Obviously, Sandra thought that even though she voted for Jon, it would be at least a 4-3 vote against Darrah.

Christa (votes Darrah): It's your time to go, you're not part of the drake tribe, and you're the next one.

Tijuana (votes Rupert): First of all, good blessings to you, Laura and (Ryenne?) and your boys. This message goes to you. First of all because you're a threat and obviously you have put the drake tribe members before all of us, including the Morgan tribe members and me. And we don't have a fair shot in any fashion. Yourself, Christa and Sandra, you've been a little too overconfident that you guys have it in the bag. But the drake tribe members came and crawled over. And inside you guys don't. Good blessings to you and I'll see you on the other side.

Burton (votes Rupert): Our island is not big enough for the two of us. And I don't have plans to go anywhere anytime soon.

Sandra (votes Jon): I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. And I know you have it out for me. But guess what, before I go home, you will be going home. (SANDRA, JUST ONE QUESTION, DO YOU LIKE JON?)

Rupert (votes Darrah): A Morgan has to go tonight. (Inaudible) works harder than you do.

Jon (votes Rupert): To be the man, you've got to beat the man. Wooo! (NOTE: ACCORDING TO THE INTERNET, THIS IS A FAMOUS QUOTE FROM, YOU GUESSED IT, ANOTHER WRESTLER....THIS TIME RIC FLAIR.)

Darrah (votes Rupert): Rupert I'm voting for you because there is no longer a drake alliance no more. And I know you're going to be totally shocked by. But thanks for the good fish and (feeding my tummy?).

Lill (votes Rupert): I love you dearly. You're the nicest guy around. But in order for me to stay in this game, I need to get rid of the biggest threats. And you sir, are my biggest threat. Thank you.

WHOA, LILLIAN IS A TRUE BACKSTABBING B**CH. WELCOME TO THE GAME, LILLIAN!

LILL IS ASHAMED?

Clip description: Lill won the Reward Challenge with Burton. Burton decided to give his adventure away to Jon, while Lill decided to enjoy the reward herself. Insider takes you back to the Balboa tribe, where Lill regrets

Markopolo's note: Remember batty granny Janny? Well Lill is MUCH MORE OFF HER ROCKER. In one of the biggest overreactions in Survivor history, Lill actually thinks she is a horrible person because she didn't give up the reward. She also thinks she is "dead meat." WAKE UP, LILL! You just improved yourself from Final 6 to Final 3 or better. Shut up before you replace Kim Johnson as most-disliked older woman on Survivor.

Lill (confessional): It was a selfish move, I should have sent Rupert. He deserves to go. He should go. And I'm just being selfish and I just buried myself right here by going.

CUT

Burton and I won. My hands are all torn up. I just tasted that pizza and wanted pizza. Burton and Rupert sent me on the breakfast the other day. I shouldn't have gone but I did. I should have sent Rupert on this and I didn't (buries her hands in her face).

It’s going to have a big impact on my position in the game. (YEA, YOU JUST MADE FINAL 3). I always carry myself as a kind person, and I just got a little selfish here. I'm not going to enjoy this. It's going to cut at my heart the next two days. And people are going to just call me kind of a scumball, which I am.

LIST OF SURVIVOR SCUMBALLS FROM 1-112
(ACCORDING TO BCS COMPUTERS)

Uh oh, Lill. Looks like you're moving up on the scumbag list:

------------Last week's ranking in parentheses
1) Richard H. (1)
2) Susan H. (2)
3) Jerri M. (3)
4) Brian H. (4)
5) Rob M. (5)
110) Rodger (110)
111) Lill (112)
112) Sonja (111)

BACK TO LILL

Lill (confessional): But I want to be No. 1 or No. 2 in this game. The way it's going, there's still 8 people and they could all turn on me. Which they may.

CUT

Because I went on a breakfast that I didn't win fair and square, I'm not a fishing person. Rupert should go and I want Rupert to go. Rupert would catch fish. I can't catch fish. The whole thing is. I'll be gone, it'll be bashing Lill day among seven people. Jon's attitude is a little wishy washy as is. (Breathes heavily). I'm just...just because you're older doesn't mean you do everything right (YEAH, TELL THAT TO B.B. AND ROGER).

And I know they would come home with fish and we would eat tonight. I just want Rupert to go so badly (DON'T WORRY...HE DID GO, JUST NOT ON THAT FISHING TRIP). I don't want to make anybody mad. Anybody upset. I don’t want to bring anybody down. Whether it was the game or not, it was a selfish move. A very selfish move. Burton did the right thing by sending Job, and he should have whispered in my ear do to the same. And I'm just not that good at the game.

Instead, I got selfish and I wanted to go. I don't go on vacations all the time. I can't afford to do these kinds of things. If I get a chance to sail on a beautiful boat, that's what was in my mind. I've never done anything like that before.

CUT

Lill (responding to a question in confessional): No, because it will just make it worse. T&D would just keep kicking at me. Sandra in her pissy way would be pissed.
Rupert and Christa would say, stop saying that you're sorry. I really, really want to stay. I'm dead meat. I'm dead meat.

CHRISTA BELIEVES IN HER PLAN

Clip description: Did Christa actually know about Jon and Burton's plan to take out Rupert at the next Tribal Council, or was she confident with her alliance in the game? Go Inside the Balboa Camp, where Christa reveals the answer.

Markopolo's note: Christa comes across as dumb, naive and stupid. Then again, when the show is over, I am SURE we'll find out that she has the highest IQ of all the Survivors a la Heidiboobs. YEAH RIGHT.

Christa (confessional): Everything is still going almost as planned around here. Rupert, Sandra and I have discussed a new order for the top six; if we are assuming that our six are still tight and our two Morgans are going to go. Which is Tijuana and good ol' Darrah, Darrah first, Tijuana next. And to keep Lill around for awhile and vote out Jon or Burton at No. 6 and No. 5. Lill doesn't look like she's going to have enough strength to carry on until the end so she’ll definitely be easier to beat in the immunity challenges even the mental knowledge challenges. Whether it be physical or mind, we’ve got it over Lill, so I think we're going to keep Lill around and turn our backs on Burton and Jon.

NOTE TO FUTURE SURVIVORS. NEVER, EVER PLAN AHEAD WHEN YOU ARE SCREWED RIGHT NOW.

Darrah and Tijuana are out as soon as we can get them out. The faster the better. They're very interesting people, (WAIT, HOW DO YOU KNOW DARRAH, SHE'S NOT EVEN THERE, RIGHT?) It was nice having them around for a bit, but they have to go. They are not part of our six-person alliance and most definitely, we don’t want to keep them around so people can bond with them and come up with a different plan. We want to make sure it's executed perfectly till we end up with the six. As far as Jon and Burton are concerned, No. 6 is Lill. I think that's a great idea, but Burton and Jon are stronger than Lill, so I think it would be wise for Rupert and Sandra and I to knock out Burton or Jon at no. 6 and No. 5.

And if the remaining one, whether it be Jon or Burton, happens to win immunity when we're at five, then we’ll take out Lill. Just always have a backup plan, because otherwise we wouldn't have any sort of backup plan. We would end up weeding out one of our own.

I think Darrah or Tijuana might vote for myself or for possibly Jon. (BOY ARE YOU CLUELESS, MUST BE THAT STUFF YOU WERE TYRING TO BUY ON THE INTERNET TO SNORT).

CUT

I don't feel like I'm in danger at all right now. (THAT'S THE KISS OF DEATH. CHRISTA MUST BE GONE NEXT EPISODE) But then again that's not the type of attitude you should have around here, but I’m fine right now. If it were my last day, I would be a happy woman. I don't think it is. I never think it is. I do have a good feeling that I could make it to the top 3, at least top 4. If I just play my cards right. (SORRY CHRISTA, YOU’RE PLAYING WITH FEW TOO MANY CARDS).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... frisky 11-21-03 1
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... I_AM_HE 11-21-03 2
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Markopolo100 11-21-03 3
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Chez 11-21-03 4
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... PepeLePew13 11-21-03 5
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... NTK 11-21-03 6
 What a gyp! pdragonfly 11-21-03 7
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Brownroach 11-21-03 8
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... djandy 11-21-03 9
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Loree 11-21-03 10
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... BrassFan 11-21-03 11
   About that food that gets sabotaged... okaloosajohn 11-21-03 13
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... mtopaz 11-21-03 22
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... lojik98 11-21-03 12
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... AMAZON 11-21-03 14
   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Loquatrix 11-21-03 15
       RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... okaloosajohn 11-21-03 17
           RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Brownroach 11-21-03 20
           RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... toddE 11-21-03 23
               RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... Denalio 11-22-03 26
                   RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... BrassFan 11-22-03 28
 RE: New Info of Rupert pdragonfly 11-21-03 16
   RE: New Info of Rupert Brownroach 11-21-03 18
       RE: New Info of Rupert pdragonfly 11-21-03 24
           RE: New Info of Rupert Denalio 11-22-03 27
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yaho... psydergrl 11-21-03 19
 random observation Oscirus 11-21-03 21
   RE: random observation KObrien_fan 11-21-03 25
       RE: random observation JohnMc 11-24-03 29
           RE: random observation pdragonfly 11-24-03 30
 Lil - backstabbing, regrets, and an... Brat2u 11-25-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-03, 02:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
A few observations:

1. Marco rawks.

2. Sandra/Jon animosity is NOT fake!

3. SHUT UP LIL

And a question for Marco:

When Christameth said "good ol' Darrah" was it dripping in sarcasm? Or was she all smiley and lovey-dovey? Just wondering in case Darrah DOES make the final 2, which way the pendulum is swinging. Thanks.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 02:44 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
LMAO! loved your comments, especially the BCS rankings!

I *heart* Sandra and Lill!

Tijuana also seems like a good person. The others can die.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-21-03, 03:50 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Frisky, Christa's "Good ol' Darrah" didn't seem totally obnoxious. But I don't think Darrah and Christa are buddies after the comments about laziness at the Ep 8 Tribal Council.

We'll find out when Christa is booted next week, right?

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-03, 05:45 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Thank you as always for the clips, Marko.

At your suggestion, I took the trial subscription to Yahoo Platinum last week, but found out it does not work with my archiaic dial up AOL service. Oh well, I'll just have to keep on coming here for your Friday postings. Thanks again.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 06:36 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Great transcription, Marko!

I'd like to get this subscription, especially after seeing the trial version last week -- but it doesn't have captions so no go for me.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Thanks so much. Rotten that there were fewer clips. Lil really is a fruitcake.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
7. "What a gyp!"
Thanks for doing this again. I guess your flu is gone.

If it weren't for your comments this almost wouldn't have been worth it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Marko, thanks as always for doing this.

I think Rupert's day-after interview is what was shown on the Early Show this morning, so maybe that's why it's not here (yet). I posted a little about it in that thread but I wasn't taking extensive notes.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Marcopollo,

Thanks again for doing this. I look forward to reading these every Friday morning. Love your commentary.

>I have the volume on my computer set to higher than Tijuana's voice, and I still can't hear them very well. LOL

djandy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Thanks once again Marko!

So Sandra really does hate Jon. Hmmm? I keep wondering if it is an act. But probably not. Sandra doesn't seem to be able to shut-up and says exactly what she thinks.

Lil is such a contradiction. She can't lie, then she lies perfectly. She wants to be liked, but she takes the reward. I think she is worried how she will look to the scouts back home and that is what is affecting her actions. She is selfish but doesn't want to be accused of it by the audience. So she pretends to act guilty.

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
They've added a couple of more clips (I think they only added Rupert's day after interviews..)

So, here is:

Rupert--The day after part 2
Rupert explains that he never felt comfortable at Tribal Council and never thought he was in jeopardy. How did he feel about voting someone out of the tribe? Find out now as Rupert explains how he was blindsided by the vote.

Tribal council...i did not even want to see Tribal Council until day 21. If i had it my way, drakes owuld not have seen Tribal Council until day 21. Those idiots..idiots..had to go against me and had to throw challenges and to be idiots and had to see Tribal Council early

Going to tribal council in this leaky ass sea vessel that we would paddle thru rough ass seas..to go to this old fort..this old gothic fort..was a little intimidating..I usally never felt true intimidated because i never thought I was in jeopardy...I was too important..I felt in my head that I was too important to the tribe to ever really truly be in jeopardy although I was many times at Tribal Council...I did not truly like..I did not feel comfortable..I did not like Tribal Council at all.

It was a place..Tribal Council is a place that when Jeff would ask me questions about my tribe, I would be brutally honest..and I would tell them at Tribal Council that they were lazy ass bums...probably shouldn't have done that..

Tribal Council was the one time where I tell them..ya know..well you're bickering amongst yourselves because you're all inadequate

It showed me..Tribal Council showed me the ugly side of people..the dishonest...abusive side of people...as I watched us vote people out and then ultimately was voted out it showed me a very ugly side of people...I didn't like seeing that

Day 27 and the seas are insanely hard...insanely rough and there's a conspiracy to vote me out that I don't know about..and I am that kind of arrogant, cocky guy in Tribal Council saying "I would probably fall out of my seat Jeff if I got voted out"..I could not believe that I would be voted out ..could not believe that I would go anywyhere...because no body else in my tribe....we're out of food, we're out rice we've got a handful of lentils and a handful of beans...11 days..12 days 11 nights left to go on day 27, and we have handfuls of food. I thought there was no way in the world i owuld go anywhere.

And then my name comes up...a couple of times...when I walked up and set my torch down in front of Jeff I don't remember him snuffing it out...I don't remember anything....all I remember is looking him in the eye and saying I can't bleive this...and then I walked away

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
13. "About that food that gets sabotaged..."
"....we're out of food, we're out rice we've got a handful of lentils and a handful of beans...11 days..12 days 11 nights left to go on day 27, and we have handfuls of food. I thought there was no way in the world i owuld go anywhere."

I was wondering about this. If Burton doesn't do some bodacious fishing, these folks are gonna be feeling like the Morgans all over again real soon.

And did anyone else notice that they were still passing around the jug last night? I can't believe they still have any of the hootch left!

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-21-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Thank you MarkoPolo and BrassFan for transcribing the insider transcript!

It always surprises me how little current players seem to have learned from past Survivors. And if Rupert, Sandra and Christa were dumb enough to trust Jon and believe he and Burton would be satisfied with 4th and 5th place, well, they deserve to be voted out. I don't like Jon, but he is playing the game.

The game isn't about who is the best food provider, it's about taking advantage of opportunity, paying attention to personal dynamics, avoiding painting a big target on yourself (look at me! I'm the strongest guy here!).

But I'm looking forward to seeing how the remaining Survivors deal with the food issue. Will Burton step up to the plate, wear himself out to provide lots of fresh fish for his competitors? Hmmmmmm, tough call ..... LOL!

A mahvelous! IceCat creation

lojik98 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
As always, thanks Marko. Good news to some folks, as of last week, any of us who are lucky enough to be in the market for SBCYahoo DSL get the Yahoo Insider service FREE. That means I can stop paying 10 bucks for it and enjoy my 3 clips without the wife complaining.

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-21-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
wow. why were rupert and christa being so arrogant?? Power alliances have their obvious advantages but they also come with disadvantages that many survivors fail to realize. part of being in a power alliance is to make sure that the 3rd 4th or 5th wheels FEEL comfortable in the alliance even though they aren't.

I wish that Darrah and Tijuana would realize that they are now in control of the game. If i were them, I would switch alliances every week from here on out. It would really behoove them to market themselves as a pair. Two votes in one. They have so much power and I bet they don't even know it.

and what is sandra's problem?? she had FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE of the ongoing mutiny and she THROWS AWAY A VOTE!! i thought she had the smarts to win the whole thing but last night she just did one stupid thing after another.

i also think rupert is kind of a hypocrite to talk about how terrible everyone was at tribal council. rupert, christa and sandra sealed their own fates by looking down their noses at Jon, the outcasts, the Morgans, screaming at people who vote for them, calling people lazy at tribal council, etc.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
>and what is sandra's problem??
>she had FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE
>of the ongoing mutiny and
>she THROWS AWAY A VOTE!!
> i thought she had
>the smarts to win the
>whole thing but last night
>she just did one stupid
>thing after another.

It was actually a very smart thing that she did. She ensured that Rupert would go, without casting a vote for him herself. She knew that the best possible outcome for Rupert at this Tribal Council would be a tie of four votes each between him and Darrah, like this:

Rupert, Christa, Sandra and MAYBE Lill would vote for Darrah
Burton, Jon, Tijuana and Darrah would definitely vote for Rupert

So that would create a tie, if Lill decided to vote for Darrah.

However, Sandra also knew that she could get Rupert out with only the four guaranteed votes against him, by making sure Darrah could only get a maximum of three votes -- and she did that by casting her vote for Jon.

It ended up being immaterial because Lill voted for Rupert anyway. But even if Lill had voted for Darrah, it would have been 4 votes Rupert, 3 votes Darrah, 1 vote Jon -- and Sandra would have got rid of Rupert without ever having to cast a vote for him. Brilliant move, not stupid.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

Your reasoning makes one huge assumption: That Sandra is actually that clever. That she realized that Jon and Burton were going to vote for Rupert this time.

I question whether that is the case.

I really think she was sucked into the "oh, yeah, the Drakes are all stickin' together and we're gonna get Darrah this week" lie, just like Rupert was and just like Christa was.

11-21-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Yeah, I thought that after their chat in the water, Rupert was convinced that Burton and Jon were on board to vote Darrah out. He seemed sure that Lillian was in his corner too. So he probably told Sandra that everything was cool.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
I'd like to believe Sandra has that intelligence, but no way! She's just a big mouth who either doesn't have or hasn't used her brain to back it up.

I guess that's why Darrah probably wins, she must be the one girl besides, suddenly and surprisingly, Lil, who thinks proactively.

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 02:05 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
I guess that's why Darrah probably wins, she must be the one girl besides, suddenly and surprisingly, Lil, who thinks proactively

Actually, I think Lil doesn't think at all-- she practically begs Burton and Jon to detail every step to her and then says to tell her s-l-o-w-l-y and not use big words.....

As much as I hate Jon, he seems to be calling the shots at least for Ruperts boot....

Dani

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 03:05 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
>Actually, I think Lil doesn't think at all-- she practically
>begs Burton and Jon to detail every step to her and
>then says to tell her s-l-o-w-l-y and not use big words.....

and then she turns around and lies to Rupert, right in his face...then she stabs him in the back with a coldhearted knife between the shoulderblades.

I, for one, believe this whole "I can't lie" act is wearing thin, and it's just that...an act.....I think Lil is playing everyone. I've now seen two people (at least) say that she couldn't lie if she had to (Burton and Rupert), yet she did it with no trouble at all this week.

I'm wondering more and more if Lil will be responsible for the Great Lie this week...after all, if she's capable of serious deception, that would lead to the MF quote by Jiffy....

11-21-03, 02:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: New Info of Rupert"
Thanks Marcopolo.

Rupert fogot his own strategy plan: lie, cheat and steal in order to win.

This game is about that and he blew it. His own arrogance got to him. Did he NOT watch other shows?

I don't like Jon, but he is playing the game the way he should and Lil is finding out that the bi*tchines and scumbagness that she's been repressing has finally come in handy.

Rupert, Christa and Sandra are being put in a bad light. I really don't like this side of them. But not all the winners can be like Tina and Colby. *sigh*

11-21-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
18. "RE: New Info of Rupert"
I know the only stuff we've heard from Rupert has been from immediately after his boot, but based on his comments, I fear he won't have learned much for competing in ASS.

11-21-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
24. "RE: New Info of Rupert"
Right about that, unless he goes home and rewatches all the seasons to refocus. But maybe he can't help who he is.

We'll see on ASS if the survivors make the same mistakes they did the first time around. Imagine Coby taking someone nice to the final two again? LOL He better not go home if he does that.
Colby - take Jerri and you're sure to win.

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 02:19 AM (EST)
27. "RE: New Info of Rupert"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-03 AT 02:21 AM (EST)

edited because this is a long overdue HUGE THANK YOU for these summaries!!! The summaries and your comments are Fantabulous!!

I think people like Rupert understand intially that there is the "lie, cheat and steal" aspect of the game (he even started out saying he would do these things), but being human, get caught up and take things personally and/or start to believe they will win because they are "strong" or "good providers" or "play fair". I suspect it's easy to get caught up in this game and lose perspective. Old issues (sounds like Rupert has been picked on and excluded in his life) can open up like wounds in such a primitive and "Lord of the Flies" environment before a person even realizes they are getting caught up in stuff that skews their ability to see things clearly.

I remember being really amazed and impressed with Kathy O'Brian's shift in perspective and focus during her gameplay (either that or EPNB edited it to make us think that way). Rupert, however, seemed to lose clarity over time and forgot this was about winning the million bucks and not about truly surviving or making friends or being accepted.

I will miss Rupert!

Denalio -
Queen of the run-on sentences

psydergrl 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 9 Yahoo Platinum"
Appreciate your efforts Marko! I really enjoy reading this.
peace-psydergrl

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-03, 03:23 PM (EST)
21. "random observation"
What a hypocrit rupert is he talks anbout convincing people where they get voted out at is a place of honor but yet look at him

Sandra plays the game similar to Jon except with too much emotion and thats what will get her in the end

Christa needed to be knocked down a few pegs

for all those that thought Sandra was faking and knew beforehand about the vote did yall see the look on her face at TC

people who apply need to start watching survivor 4 so they stop make the same mistakes as rotu cockiness and planning to far ahead leads to ones downfall (I mean its happened in survivor 5,6 and now this one)

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: random observation"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 06:49 PM (EST)

I totally agree with you. Rupert's downfall was that he truly thought he was indispensible, and wasn't- at this point in the game. The others were smart to get rid of him, and now it should be a lot of fun to see the last 7 disect each other. We are in for tons of backstabbing, lying, and cheating in the next handful of episodes and as Johnny Fairplay once exclaimed "I'm stoked, I can't wait!"

ETA- Thanks for all you do Marco!!!!!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-24-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
29. "RE: random observation"
Rupert should have held back on the fish, like Rich did in S1. Rupert just went out on his own to fish and didn't take anyone with him. And he made sure that everyone had plenty. He needed to just cut back a little so that they remember who brings home the bacon... or fish. A little bit of hunger can buy you a few days, particularly if you are hungry the day of TC.

11-24-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
30. "RE: random observation"
Yup, I agree. I was very surprised that he went out there and brought back 15 lbs of fish each day. I guess he didn't learn his lesson when Trish tried to vote him out of an empty stomach saying "so we'll starve for 19 days" yeah starve and then say that.
Let's see if ole Burton can put his spear where his mouth is and feed everyone.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-25-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
31. "Lil - backstabbing, regrets, and anxiety attacks"
Okay, I thought in the trailers for this episode, it said something like "one survivor makes a decision they will regret".

Well, we all saw Lil upset about not giving up her reward to Rupert. Pretty lame regret IMO. The VO also said that one survivor has a slight anxiety attack, which was obviously Lil. But, I think the regret the VO was talking about comes to play much later in the game.

Let's say Lil gets to be in the Final 2, and now Rupert is on the jury. He won't forget the "allaince" he and Lil made the night before TC. Rupert was convinced that Lil isn't capable of lying, he believed her with all his heart. (Big mistake) He realized she backstabbed him big time.

The votes are casted, Lil loses by one vote, that one vote being Ruperts -he denies her the title of Ultimate Survivor, no million for her. Regret this Lil!!! Remove knife from Ruperts back, insert in Lil - ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG Pirates are cool, huh?!?!?! LOL =) Rupert gets the last say after all.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •