The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Tensions and nerves plague both tribes as they wait for an outcast to rejoin their camps.

At the first-ever Outcasts Tribal Council, Nicole, Skinny Ryan, Lillian, Burton, Michelle and Trish all have a chance to plead to be voted back into the game. Will Sandra face her worst fear of having Burton return? Or, will Skinny Ryan have the opportunity to face his former Morgan tribe once again? Watch and see.

Two castaways make amends, while another shows resentment at the turn of events.

Johnny Fairplay believes he has a great master plan. But will it play out in his favor?

Goodness, even CBS is calling him Skinny Ryan. Damn them all for mocking the nerd of my dreams!

Official OT lifeguard - Let's keep things PG-13, people.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... J Slice 10-30-03 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... true 10-31-03 2
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... TeamJoisey 10-31-03 3
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... true 10-31-03 5
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... J Slice 10-31-03 4
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... true 10-31-03 6
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... redbeard103152 10-31-03 7
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 8
                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... VerucaSalt 10-31-03 9
                           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... jkokoj 10-31-03 10
                               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... FarmBoy 10-31-03 11
                               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... blacknwhitedog 10-31-03 12
                                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... LeftPinky 10-31-03 13
                                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Spanky68 10-31-03 14
                                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... jkokoj 10-31-03 15
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Brownroach 10-31-03 16
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... frisky 10-31-03 18
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Jims02 10-31-03 17
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... VerucaSalt 10-31-03 19
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Cin 10-31-03 20
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Bebo 10-31-03 25
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Brownroach 10-31-03 21
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... true 10-31-03 22
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... VerucaSalt 10-31-03 23
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Brownroach 10-31-03 27
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... ExInterper 10-31-03 24
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 26
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... VerucaSalt 10-31-03 28
                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 29
                           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 31
                           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Devious Weasel 10-31-03 35
                               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 36
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... LeftPinky 10-31-03 37
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pdragonfly 10-31-03 38
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Blow by Blow 10-31-03 30
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... VerucaSalt 10-31-03 32
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... Loquatrix 10-31-03 33
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... O2dawg 10-31-03 34
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... pmspml5 10-31-03 39
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What ... aethelstan 10-31-03 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-30-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
To add my other remaining $.02

The "tribemates that make amends" are probably Burton and Shawn, and the one showing resentment's almost certainly Andrew.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
The "tribemates that make amends" are probably Burton and Shawn

How can they make amends if Shawn is gone? I'm thinking it is more likely Jon and Rupert, and one of Sandra/Christa (I'd lean Sandra) doesn't like it. Or, the ghosty makes up with someone, and the other tribemembers don't like it.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-31-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Hey, maybe Shawn comes back next week!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

10-31-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LOL! Naaa, not until final 2, when he replaces someone who survived the whole 39 days. Gee, won't that kick it up a notch? *insert rolleyed smilie here*

10-31-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Duuuhhhh....

Hit me please, True. PLease.

10-31-03, 00:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
There will be no hitting in this forum. heehee

I think you're correct about Andrew showing resentment, and I think he was set up for the boot in this week show. If they don't merge, and even if they do, I think he's most likely next to go.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-31-03, 06:03 AM (EST)
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 06:06 AM (EST)

I see the same thing happening to Andrew and forsee Lil returning and being a major player in it. She is still angry at Andrew for not living up to his word about telling her she was going to get the boot. At a time where trust is important and choosing an alliance that will carry you to the endgame should be your primary goal untrustworthness cannot be a characteristic that will help you.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-31-03, 08:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I think the resentment is Burton - and the two players that make-up are Trish and Tijuana. Thus - Burton switches sides after the merge and Andrew goes next - Lill/Darrah - final 2 - Everyone hates that Lill got back and they all vote far Darrah -

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-31-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

My personal belief is that the returning members will see new tribes. I find it interesting that Jeff commented on Osten leaving may be the best thing that happened blah blah and about players who really want to be there. Burton has certainly shown he wants back in this game and could be the person Osten was supposed to be and who Morgan/Andrew forced him to be.

Considering also that Morgans appear to be the prevailing team nearer to the end, Burton could very well be the reason for this. Revenge is sweet isn't it?

I am seemingly always one week off of a boot pick as I selected Andrew to go this week due to the fact there was no justification for Rhino to go and did not think, again, that Andrew, et al would grant Osten his wish although they had no choice in the matter. His obvious issue with the returning members reeks of vulnerability. If Burton is to be the man aboard, the assets he brought can now be replaced.

Rupert's leadership like Andrew's is slowly coming to an end as well but I still think there is a bit of life in him yet. Sandra and Christa are no dummies here; secure yourselves first then you can leave Rupert behind. If Lillian comes to roost at Morgan, she will be a welcome presence in such a tumultuous tribe and Burton will be one at Morgan in such a apathetic tribe. Rupert keeps mentioning his women, well Lillian may end up being the woman to take his place.

However, if Burton is returned to Morgan and not Drake, I think we may be facing yet another Drake TC if they haven't merged by that time.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-31-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
My theory is also that the 2 ghosties that return go to the opposite tribe. I believe Burton will go to Morgan and Lil will go to Drake.

I think the 2 that will make up and become closer will be Jon and Rupert and Sandra will not like it. She will not like it so much so that she may be the next boot for Drake, if Jonny Fairplay has it his way.

I also think we are being set up for an Andrew boot next week. I think he has overplayed the leader role which T and D will be tired of.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
11. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""

Ditto!!!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I don't think it's going to matter what tribe they return to because I think the merge is next. However I think Andrew is turning into a large target.

Burton is almost certainly a candidate to return. I think it's one reason why Shawn got voted off last night and not Jon. If Burton returns Shawn could have reformed an alliance with him (even though he voted for him) they were friendly at the beginning. Same for if Michelle returned.

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Burton could take control of this game. If the tribes merge following the GT's return of two members, we know that Burton and the other GT are immune at the next TC. What if Burton helps someone else win immunity at an individual contest as he doesn't need it for this week? He then would be firmly tied in an alliance and could boot those with the strength to beat him (Andrew, Ryan O, Rupert)...

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I agree that Burton will go to the Morgan tribe. And as hard up as that tribe is for anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time, Burton will like Rupert-esque in his ability to save them from starvation.

While Burton didn't seem to do a lot for Drake when he thought he controlled them, he will work his butt off here, trying to get back into the game. I think he's in to stay and that Andrew is out.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
15. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
What if Burton helps someone else win immunity at an individual contest as he doesn't need it for this week? He then would be firmly tied in an alliance and could boot those with the strength to beat him If Burton is the strategy genuis that he believes he is this is a good scenerio for him.

However, we will not see the merge next week. MB and JP want to build that tension within the tribes by landing these ghost players firmly back in the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Andrew has already shown more resentment at the turn of events than anyone else. I'm with everyone above who thinks Andrew is going to become a problem shortly. We saw Tijuana remark on his self-image as leader of Morgan last night.

I see the two castaways that make amends as probably Jon and Rupert in a continuation of what they hashed out last night (although we will find out that Jon has a Great Master Plan, bwa-ha-ha).

My other choice for the amenders would be Burton and Rupert, if Burton goes back to Drake -- but as others have said, I have a feeling the returnees will be switched to their former opposing tribe.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
18. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I agree that if Burton goes to Drake than he and Rupert are likely candidates for kissing and making up, with Jealous Jon feeling threatened at their new partnership.

However, I also agree that Burton probably goes to Morgan, in which case the only other conflict that would require making up is the Rupert-Jon relationship. I can see either Sandra or Christa being upset about this. They were the deciding three at the last TC and both ladies are probably hoping that their strong threesome would make Jon the next logical boot. With a stronger Rupert-Jon bond, that next boot is not so certain.

I am beyond disgusted with CBS for using "Skinny Ryan" in their BS. After a few weeks of starving, the other Ryan is no beefcake, either. How are we supposed to distinguish the two Ryan's if they use "skinny" to differentiate between them?

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
17. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

At the first-ever Outcasts Tribal Council, Nicole, Skinny Ryan, Lillian, Burton, Michelle and Trish all have a chance to plead to be voted back into the game. Will Sandra face her worst fear of having Burton return? Or, will Skinny Ryan have the opportunity to face his former Morgan tribe once again? Watch and see.

I think Burton and Lil are coming back. I really don't see TWO Drakes getting back into the game, especially not Trish.

Two castaways make amends, while another shows resentment at the turn of events.

Hmmmm... very, very interesting. It sounds like Lillian goes back to Morgan and Burton goes back to Drake briefly. How else would two make amends?

This is hard to sort out.

Burton made fun of Rupert on many occasions. I feel like Burton and Rupert will finally make amends, over the heckling. I could see Rupert being resentful though. Right now, I'm leaning toward Rupert and Burton making up.

Andrew promised to tell Lillian about her boot. Will they make amends? I really don't see how this can be called "amends" though. It takes two people to apologize, and I really don't feel like Lillian did anything to apologize for.

Also, remember who was most bitter about the ghosties coming back. Andrew!

Lastly, I'd like to point out that I could see Lillian allign with Rupert, Christa, and Sandra very easily. After being with Morgan, I think Lillian would really get along with Rupert.

Right now, I see Rupert/Christa/Sandra/Jon/Lil/Burton voting out Andrew. But I'm still not too sure.

70% Andrew
30% Rupert

Oh yeah, almost forgot. The only thing I'm still trying to piece together is Jonny Fairplay's strategy. I can FEEL the Big Lie coming...

Edited to point out that Jiffy said that the two ghosties would get immunity. That, to me, suggests a merge.

JSlice is off da hizzle, yo

10-31-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
19. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
If Drake revisits TC provided that Burton is the new revengeful hero at Morgan, Jon may in fact try to make a play for someone else to go. Jon is the safe bet to leave and we are either going to have misdirection at someone else leaving as the days go on, or he may pull this bugger off. Sandra has been asked two TC's in a row about her vulnerability and she has been emphatic in her responses that was shown to us. She was also there during the boot Rupert meeting which Jon is fully aware. Lillian, if at Morgan, could be a replacement vehicle if Jon tries to get one of the woman off before him.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-31-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
20. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I see Burton and Rupert making amends about Burton always picking on Rupert.

Technically Rupert does not have to make amends with Burton for voteing him out because Rupert was NOT at that TC, and technically had no part in the Burton vote.

I really think the bitter person will be Savage. He was awful nasty last night about the returning player coming back.

Cin

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I see Burton and Rupert making amends about Burton always picking on Rupert.

This would fit in well with Rupert's words during his vote to Shawn. What was the deciding factor for him was the fact that Shawn never apologized for what he said about Rupert behind his back.

It would be a smart move on Burton's part to come back and apologize. After all, Rupert is the only person there who didn't vote for Burton. If Michelle or Trish clued him in on how Rupert felt about all of the kidding, it would be a good first step on working his way back in.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-31-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
21. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Edited to point out that Jiffy said that the two ghosties would get immunity. That, to me, suggests a merge.

Maybe someone can post Jiffy's exact words, but I actually got the opposite impression -- no merge, not yet. He said something about the automatic immunity allowing them to get integrated back into their tribes.

I think the next IC is going to be tribal, very possibly the next two. (And Rupert gets booted right after the merge at the Ep 9 TC?)

10-31-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
22. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I agree with you BR. No merge quite yet. I think there will be at least one more tribal TC.

Oh, and now we have the web preview which states- Don't miss the first 10 minutes, and then Jiffy saying that the game changes yet again. So, we can expect another twist next week? Maybe they'll tell us they were just kidding about bringing the losers back. LOL. There is also challenge footage, and I was trying to make out buff colors, but it goes pretty fast. They did show a shot of Tijuana with her Morgan buff, but who knows if it was from that episode or not.

10-31-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
23. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
In terms of the show itself, what would be the point of bringing back two people just to throw them all in a merger? It makes no sense. Bringing them back should at least instill the time frame where they can start building on relationships and having the tribes develop with them in it. If you are going to all the trouble to bring back two players (who have their own motivations as well) to automatically throw both tribes together where that part of the story isn't developed is almost worthless IMO. Plus it really makes more sense for them to visit one TC where they are immune as opposed to one big TC where two are immune plus the II winner (if not won by the returning member) AFTER all this, merging time, where they are no longer "safe" OTHERS may be targets therefore insulating them a bit longer.

10-31-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
27. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Plus it really makes more sense for them to visit one TC where they are immune as opposed to one big TC where two are immune plus the II winner (if not won by the returning member) AFTER all this, merging time, where they are no longer "safe" OTHERS may be targets therefore insulating them a bit longer.

Exactly, VS.

I'm also not sure that either returnee will be immune at the second tribal IC, if there are two tribal IC's before the merge, and a different tribe goes each time.

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
24. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Oh lord. I thought of this last, and I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but it might fit.

Something happens that changes the game again, right?

And it is kinda unfair that the first 6 ghosts get a chance to get back in the game, but not those who were voted out just after, right?

What if the next element is giving our last two 'outcasts' a chance to get back in the game??

And this could make the big regret, that everyone thinks is Osten quitting, even BIGGER, because they won't let him back in the game because he QUIT.

That would be why Jeff spent so much time harping on Osten quitting.

That could be why his pronouncement of "go home" is different.

Yeah, I know: kinda out there. Flame away!

10-31-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
26. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Look at the clips there are at least 14 people running into the water - but the pic is fuzzy so could be 15 - I think they get to try AGAIN - 15 would be everyone but OSTEN - and I think they pushed the quitting thing so that he wasnt voted off but quit so he cant try and get back on.

10-31-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
28. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
pm, from the glimpse I got there was a blue flag there and the separate mats.

10-31-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
29. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Yeah - at first I though ahh no merge but then I hit stop and all of a sudden I see 14-15 people running to the beach - I even called a co-worker over to verify. 14 for sure but sooooo fuzzy could be 15.

10-31-03, 12:50 PM (EST)
31. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I have tried for 1/2 hour to try and stop in the right spot and cant - maybe shadows - sometimes looks like 8 - sometimes 14 uggg But there are two mats Morgan Drake with a flag behind them - and a third flag - doesnt look like any mat in front of that one.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
35. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Looking at the vidcaps on Survivor Fever, I only count ten people going into the water. Specifically here:

I see Jeff, the Immunity Idol, a Morgan mat and a Drake mat, (which means no merge yet), four flag posts by the mats, and ten people running into the water.

10-31-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Ok that one way to the left doesnt look flaggy to me but - then again I saw like 4-5 shadows lmbo - OK now someone blow up these pictures and figure for sure who got back in. Also do you think there is any chance they now "shake up the tribes" - mix them all up???

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
37. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Can anyone post the vidclips from the CBS online preview? My computer only gives me the audio portion.... PLEASE!

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-31-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
38. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Hmm...

Well, it would be a bigger twist if the Outcasts went to oppposite tribes, but then how does one make up **cough** kiss up **cough**?

So I'd have to say that Burton and Trish have it out as to who comes back. Since Burton's been there longer at the outcasts camp, and Michele and him are already friends, I'd say he gets to go back to the team for Drake. And snaky Jon runs up to him and jumps in his arms:
"Oh Burton, I missed you so much! You are the man, we lost every single challenge since you left. It wasn't my idea to throw the challenge. I didn't vote for you. I hope you never leave me again."

I think Lil gets to go back for Morgan. And Ryan S. puts on 200 lbs and joins Weight Watchers.

Oh, yes, just one more thing: Osten joins the All Stars... NOT!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-31-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
I agree with your thinking about the next IC being tribal. Here's how I see the next day or two for the survivors.

Night of TCs - Outcasts vote back two players. One Outcast arrives at each camp. I assume it'll be Lill arriving at Drake and Burton arriving at Morgan. I think the Drakes will be gracious with Lill's arrival and I think her personality will fit in better with Sandra, Christa and Rupert than it did with the Morgans. Over at Morgan, Burton shows up and Andrew is pissy. T, RyanO and Darrah are a little more welcoming.

The Outcasts live with their new tribes for maybe one day and then the next day there's a tribe vs. tribe IC. The Outcasts will have a decent chance to gel with their tribes and each tribe should be motivated to work as a team.

In a tribal IC, I can't help but think that Morgan will win with the strength of Andrew, RyanO and Burton versus the strength of Rupert. However, I think MB is probably aware of this and will make the IC more of a 'survival skills' challenge which might favor the industriousness of Rupert and Lillian (and to a lesser degree Jon).

Regardless, one of the tribes will lose and go to TC. The Outcast is automatically immune so the tribe has to boot one of their original four. I have absolutely no idea who would get booted at each tribe. But based on this week's episode I think Andrew, Rupert and Jon are all decent targets. I think spoilers are going to be mighty thin this week because they won't want to show us who comes back into the game.

Here's my thinking:
Andrew was portrayed as more of a bitter, pissy, non-leader than in the past. He also spends a lot of time griping about food, but we never see him with even a toe in the water.
Rupert came off as a major ass in his fight with Jon. I mean, c'mon, did he honestly think no one would ever vote for him? Did he think being physically intimidating (ala Shawn) was a slick way to behave?
Jon - a**clown extraordinaire week after week, but his image is getting softened up a bit with the constant assaults by Shawn and Rupert.

And then after the TC we're down to nine players, the tribes merge the next day, the outcasts don't have auto-immunity (it's like a video game), and the game proceeds as usual. It would be great to see Morgan get pagonged by Drake with Lill in their ranks and I can completely see Lill, Christa, Sandra and Rupert making final four.

Here's my rant of the day - Sandra - I just don't like survivors who float under the radar and don't contribute in ICs. Doing one or the other is fine, but not both. I know, the game includes an "outsmart" component, but I find it annoying to see her sitting out challenges, being in the last cage, choking on fish shake, carrying the flag instead of the cannon, etc. And around camp, I don't see her taking the lead on any work, motivating people, etc. She just sits back and lets other fight rather than stepping in and saying, "Let's just all pitch in and get this done." Argh. I know everyone loves her. I don't care. She's not going to win.

-P

10-31-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
32. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-31-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
33. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

>Regardless, one of the tribes will
>lose and go to TC.
>The Outcast is automatically immune
>so the tribe has to
>boot one of their original
>four.

Non-spoiling editorial, but I have to get it off my chest: I really dislike the handing of such a huge advantage as automatic immunity to someone who has already lost the game. That strikes me as just plain wrong.

Anyway, to my point. Last week, we pondered the old spoiler that seemed to indicate that one of the returning Outcasts immediately won another challenge. Now that we know the returning Outcasts get automatic immunity rather than having to win it, are we assuming that the old spoiler was a little off on this issue? Or do we think it remains a good indicator that one of the returnees wins another challenge after the TC in which they're automatically immune?

(Edited because I included a character in my original post that messed it up.)

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
34. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

JP describing the twist:

"..And the stakes are severe. If Morgan or Drake lose to the Outcast tribe, you will go to Tribal council tonight and you will vote somebody out. The Outcasts will then go to Tribal council and vote somebody in And REPLACE the member you lost.
If both tribes lose to the outcast, you both will go to Tribal, separately, both will vote somebody out, and 2 outcasts will come back into this game.
In addition, if any outcast makes it back into this game, they are immune at the next tribal council. To give them a fair shot at integrating with their new tribe, and getting back into this game.
If the outcasts kick your ass, you may be going home..."

There you go BrownRoach, I didnt transcribe the whole speech just the part that related to the immunity for the Outcasts.

JP said integrating with their NEW TRIBE, and not TRIBES..
That could mean the one large merged tribe, or could also mean that the outcast voted back into the game, goes to their opposing (formerly) tribe. The only thing that was clear was that the Outcast is to replace the voted out member.

Edited to add.. boy when you are slow posting everything can change! So it will be at least one more challenge as tribes according to the pics.
Sorry..never mind.. hehe

10-31-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
39. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
Are the returnees immune for the next tribal council or the next one they are involved in - ie. If there is no merge and one tribe wins - that returning player would be immuned for another TC. Is that right?

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
40. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 8 "What the...""
They are probably immune only for the next 3 days. Jeff had to say that both were immune to cover his bases since he didn't know who would win the next TC.
If the merge happens with 9 left, (it's possible, Jeff will say welcome to the jury, don't worry, no one can come back from the dead twice, here are your new buffs), then everything from then on is II and there's no way, IMHO, that the ghosties will still be immune for that.

-aethelstan
I am a moth. The OT board is the flame.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •