The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sean on Letterman 8/21"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sean on Letterman 8/21"
Not much to point to from Sean's comments on Letterman just a little while ago. There was a small slip. I wouldn't really call it a slip but here goes:

They bantered about a bit and then it comes to the point where he says something that might be read into:
Dave: How long does number one get to stay on the island?

Sean: Not too long, about 24 hours.

Dave: So is the guy, the survivor, is he ever left alone on the island?

Sean: I can't say Dave, I don't know if it's a guy or a girl.

Dave: Alright, I'm so tired of this. Alright, Let's just...For the sake of the conversation and to help you avoid litigation...

Sean: Yes, precisely.

Dave: Let's just say it might be a man or it might be a woman, in either case would he or she ever be on the island all alone as the Survivor? Don't they get the island? I mean, Isn't that the deal? What has this all been about? Thank you very much, congratulations, we'll see ya, we're on the helicopter. Goodbye, and then...

Sean: Believe me, part of me wishes that that would happen. But no, no.

Dave: Ohhhh, well, ahhh...
Paul: What does that mean? What does that mean?
Dave: Yeah, What does that mean?
Dave: Oh, I guess, oh I know what that means. Now I know who it is. It's Richard the naked fat guy. That's who it is, Richard the naked fat guy.

So, it sounded like Sean wasn't real happy about who won. You can't really read a lot into it though. Because he wasn't real serious or anything.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 Vampkira 08-22-00 1
   RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 jurymember 08-22-00 2
       RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 Vampkira 08-22-00 3
   RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 Rat Chef 08-22-00 4
   Dave dangerboy 08-22-00 5
       RE: Dave xtine 08-22-00 6
           Dave doesn't know dangerboy 08-22-00 11
 Sean did make one comment/slip that... DivaByTheSea 08-22-00 7
   RE: Sean did make one comment/slip ... xtine 08-22-00 8
       Sean on Letterman flying squirrel 08-22-00 9
           RE: Sean on Letterman Vampkira 08-22-00 10
 RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 snappler24 08-22-00 12
   RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 dangerboy 08-22-00 13
       RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21 xtine 08-22-00 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-00, 00:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
I love David Letterman. I think he is brilliant!! I'm still laughing. God!.. Do you think Rich will go on his show?? Just IMAGINE!.. LOL

"Hey, we ARE on a game show!"- Colleen

jurymember 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-00, 00:42 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
If dave were smart he'd have the Naked Fat Guy on the same nite as Richard (another Dicque) Simmons. They can talk about how Rich lost 80 pounds.

08-22-00, 00:47 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
OMG! I can't take it..too funny.. Please, Dave, please!!

Rat Chef 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-22-00, 07:17 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
<<Do you think Rich will go on his show?? Just IMAGINE!.. LOL >>

If he doesn't, then he and his agent are too stupid to live ... and, if Letterman doesn't put him in the chair, he's missing a great opportunity.

From a PR POV (OK, everybody, let's speak in acronyms and abbreviations!), Diquie should not spend a moment trying to mend what he perceives as his negative image. Instead, he must learn to play the celebrity game and play it for all its worth. If he hopes to cash in at all on his brief window of opportunity, he has to not waste time trying to convince people he's not the person CBS edited him into ... we all know that. Just move on and have fun with it ... that's my 2 centavos.

08-22-00, 09:19 AM (EST)
5. "Dave"
I agree, Dave has been just great about this whole thing. I like his show but lately, when he talks about Survivor, he's just been hysterical. They had a quick 15 second spot during episode 12 where Dave looks at the screen and says "That fat naked guy...Please, In the name of God! Why hasn't someone voted HIM off?"

Classic.

xtine 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-22-00, 10:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Dave"
Dave claims that he knows the winner and I wouldn't doubt that... so if the winner was Rich... I doubt Dave would blurt that out either.
I thought it was funny when Dave asked Sean what his plans were now and if he was going to keep practicing medicine. Sean gave a vague "well I have a lot of opportunities that have come up so we'll see" and Dave replied "Oh God. He's going to Hollywood." Tee Hee...
I get the impression that Dave doesn't really like the show or the survivors...
I also have the feeling, as Dave put it, that everyone is sick and tired of the show. I think the castaways 15 minutes of fame is almost up.

08-22-00, 01:59 PM (EST)
11. "Dave doesn't know"
Nah, I don't think Dave knows who's won Survivor. I think he's just having fun with it all as he always does. I don't know if he likes the show or not. He's definitely stayed on top of things in order to make more fun of it though. Every day seems to have a new joke in the monologue in reference to the show. You have to admit, it is ripe for shots. Hell, if it wasn't, this and other boards would be empty. Half the fun of the show is being able to make fun of it. I don't think their 15 minutes of fame has even started though. Wednesday will be the highest rated show in the last few years. Then will come endorsements, guest appearances, and the rest. It's only just started.

=:-o

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-00, 11:28 AM (EST)
7. "Sean did make one comment/slip that I caught-"
Dave asked him about the winner....then he made a comment about it being Rudy "the old guy." Sean cracks back, straight-faced, "you know Dave you may be on to something there." BUT no one picked up on it.

Any thoughts?

08-22-00, 11:31 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Sean did make one comment/slip that I caught-"
If sean is as dumb as he looks on survivor then i'd think it wouldn't be rudy or rich... because sean dealt with dave's speculation really well...

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-22-00, 11:36 AM (EST)
9. "Sean on Letterman"
Yeah, Sean probably hasn't gotten any smarter, but he didn't give anything away by his actions or his comments when Dave asked about Rudy and Richard. But it was still very funny TV!

08-22-00, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sean on Letterman"
" My,oh my, we're having some fun now!"- David Letterman
circa 1985

snappler24 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 02:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
sean's not happy about who the winner is because it's kelly.

08-22-00, 04:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
Sean's not happy about the winner becasue it's not Sean.

08-22-00, 04:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Sean on Letterman 8/21"
right again dangerboy
i agree 100%

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •