The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Entertainment Weekly Article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

rnabring 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Entertainment Weekly Article"
At www.ew.com (Entertainment Weekly) they post an analysis of which survivors to watch this season. I can't access it, since I don't subscribe to EW or AOL, but I figured that I'd give a heads up to anyone.

Keep in mind that I realize that this doesn't necessarily provide much, but there may be some information that potentially assists in spoiling certain parts of this season.

If anyone has access to this, please provide any relevant info.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Here's the article drawde236 09-17-03 1
 RE: Entertainment Weekly Article VerucaSalt 09-17-03 2
   RE: Entertainment Weekly Article Brownroach 09-17-03 3
       RE: Entertainment Weekly Article bebekid 09-17-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
1. "Here's the article"
The article on EW.com is the same that is in the current issue. There is no real spoiling information, but it is curious to note that the first one to watch is none other than Darrah. The whole purpose of the article is to point out those who have interesting professions or may the nut job of the season.

Here's the entire article...

Executive producer Mark Burnett pulled out all the stops with his battle-of-the-sexes edition of ''Survivor: The Amazon,'' but he claims the latest installment, ''Pearl Islands'' (premiering Sept. 18 on CBS), tops it courtesy of ''a very dynamic cast. We didn't want to lose anybody.'' With that, here are a few of the contestants to keep an eye on.

DARRAH JOHNSON The Southern belle tolls for thee. This Mississippi mortician/funeral director should know how to put the competition on ice. Then again, she made the incredibly disturbing assertion that she's competing ''to meet new people from all over the world with different personalities.'' Whatever, Darrah. You can buy friends with a million bucks!

RYAN SHOULDERS If Ryan takes home the loot, it will be a revenge of the nerds unseen since the heyday of Lambda Lambda Lambda. That's what happens when you're a produce clerk. And your favorite sport is capture the flag. And you're hanging out at the National Forensics Tournament. And you actively read magazines titled PC Gamer and Nintendo Power.

LILLIAN MORRIS It'd be easy to lump Big Lill with ukulele-picking Sonja from Borneo and she's-not-but-she-sure-looks-like-she-is ''Mad Dog'' Maralyn from Australia because of her relatively advanced age (51) and quirkiness (she walks around in a Boy Scout uniform, which would be considered square for a teenage boy, much less a 51-year-old woman named ''Big Lill''). But then this saucy enigma goes and rattles off Nelly and AC/DC as her favorite musicians. For those about to starve, we salute you.

RUPERT BONEHAM Not only does he score points for sporting the most excellent name of Boneham (say it with me, people), but Rupert just looks like he was made for the outdoors -- coming off as a cross between Hagrid and the Brawny paper-towel guy. Need more proof he's ready to bury the competition? How about the fact that homeboy used to work as a gravedigger? Maybe he can form a killer alliance with the mortician.

SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE You'd think Diaz-Twine's experience as an employee of the Army and Air Force Exchange Service might have her tasting victory already, yet considering she lists Honeycombs, Fruity Pebbles, Trix, Froot Loops, Sugar Smacks, Cocoa Puffs, and Frosted Flakes among her favorite cereals, we're not sure she has an appetite for anything that isn't presweetened. It also raises the question: Just how much cereal can one woman eat?!?

JON DALTON Sure, Johnson and Boneham may have worked with dead people, but did they ever serve at the knee of a man in a kilt? Dalton did, doing time as a production assistant for -- brace yourself -- ''Rowdy'' Roddy Piper! So one should assume that Jon has come to the Pearl Islands to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and since producers don't let you bring along any food, it's safe to say he's all out of bubble gum

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Article"
Link: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,485278~3~0~contestantstowatchon,00.html

Article:

Isle Be Seeing You
The contestants to watch on the new ''Survivor'' -- This year's batch of castaways include a mortician, a bona fide nerd, a wrestler's assistant, and a gravedigger by Dalton Ross

INSERT PICTURES OF BELOW HERE:

SIX PACK (Clockwise from top left) Castaways Darrah, Rupert, Ryan, Jon, Lillian, and Sandra

Executive producer Mark Burnett pulled out all the stops with his battle-of-the-sexes edition of ''Survivor: The Amazon,'' but he claims the latest installment, ''Pearl Islands'' (premiering Sept. 18 on CBS), tops it courtesy of ''a very dynamic cast. We didn't want to lose anybody.'' With that, here are a few of the contestants to keep an eye on.

DARRAH JOHNSON The Southern belle tolls for thee. This Mississippi mortician/funeral director should know how to put the competition on ice. Then again, she made the incredibly disturbing assertion that she's competing ''to meet new people from all over the world with different personalities.'' Whatever, Darrah. You can buy friends with a million bucks!

RYAN SHOULDERS If Ryan takes home the loot, it will be a revenge of the nerds unseen since the heyday of Lambda Lambda Lambda. That's what happens when you're a produce clerk. And your favorite sport is capture the flag. And you're hanging out at the National Forensics Tournament. And you actively read magazines titled PC Gamer and Nintendo Power.

LILLIAN MORRIS It'd be easy to lump Big Lill with ukulele-picking Sonja from Borneo and she's-not-but-she-sure-looks-like-she-is ''Mad Dog'' Maralyn from Australia because of her relatively advanced age (51) and quirkiness (she walks around in a Boy Scout uniform, which would be considered square for a teenage boy, much less a 51-year-old woman named ''Big Lill''). But then this saucy enigma goes and rattles off Nelly and AC/DC as her favorite musicians. For those about to starve, we salute you.

RUPERT BONEHAM Not only does he score points for sporting the most excellent name of Boneham (say it with me, people), but Rupert just looks like he was made for the outdoors -- coming off as a cross between Hagrid and the Brawny paper-towel guy. Need more proof he's ready to bury the competition? How about the fact that homeboy used to work as a gravedigger? Maybe he can form a killer alliance with the mortician.

SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE You'd think Diaz-Twine's experience as an employee of the Army and Air Force Exchange Service might have her tasting victory already, yet considering she lists Honeycombs, Fruity Pebbles, Trix, Froot Loops, Sugar Smacks, Cocoa Puffs, and Frosted Flakes among her favorite cereals, we're not sure she has an appetite for anything that isn't presweetened. It also raises the question: Just how much cereal can one woman eat?!?

JON DALTON Sure, Johnson and Boneham may have worked with dead people, but did they ever serve at the knee of a man in a kilt? Dalton did, doing time as a production assistant for -- brace yourself -- ''Rowdy'' Roddy Piper! So one should assume that Jon has come to the Pearl Islands to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and since producers don't let you bring along any food, it's safe to say he's all out of bubble gum.

(Posted:09/19/03

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Article"
''...to meet new people from all over the world with different personalities.''

I guess that would be better than meeting new people from all over the world with the same personality. Does Darrah think this is the Miss Universe contest?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Article"
That does sound like a stock answer to a beauty pageant question. And we know she has been in pageants.

Obviously, I have a special interest in Darrah. I'm curious as to how they will portray her. The "Southern Belle" stereotype, IMHO, is a young, pretty, helpless girl sitting around fanning herself all day and throwing hissy-fits like Miss Scarlet. I don't think that's how Darrah will be.

Have You Forgotten 9/11/01?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •