The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christy's Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christy's Chat"
Notes From Christy’s Chat

As always, I’ve just combined things into general groups that seem to fit. If I’ve got my mojo working, my comments will be italicized. Direct quotes are in quotes.

She didn’t start taking questions until almost halfway through the scheduled time.

She was surprised she was voted off, surprised Matt and Rob voted against her.

She says she didn’t commit to Rob because wasn’t sure she could trust Rob. She adds that it cost her. Looking back, she says she wishes she had told Rob what he wanted to hear. She says she feels silly that she didn’t. She would also make out with Dave. Editor’s note: I wonder if that means she had the chance to but turned it down? She says she has been surprised seeing the confessionals on the show, especially Rob’s.

She says Jenna gave Heidi the immunity necklace to save Heidi because they are two people stuck in one body. Yes, I think she means one person stuck in two bodies. And yes, it shows that Christy still doesn’t really understand what was going on. She’d pose naked in Playboy with Jenna and Heidi for a million bucks, but wouldn’t take off her clothes for peanut butter and chocolate. She doesn’t think there will ever be a Survivor Antarctica cause you can’t have naked chicks in Antarctica.

She says Alex was wrong, she was portrayed accurately on the show. She says she never watched Survivor before she went on, though somehow she saw Australia and feels she is like Tina. She drank milkshakes and went backpacking to prepare for being on the show. Her hardest challenge was overcoming the communications limitations. She didn’t always wear the hearing aid – she seemed self-conscious about it. She was drunk and passed out and didn’t get to see Rob in the Speedo. I wish I could say the same – seeing Rob in the Speedo made me drink til I passed out… She wanted her boyfriend as the family member to come see her because her mom doesn’t support her. She has no plans to marry him, however. She picked sage as her luxury item because she likes the smell. Her most embarrassing moment about the show is that now her family, including her father, knows she had sex at the Washington Monument. The most interesting thing that happened was her and Matt drinking wine in the rain.

She says she has ill will towards Rob and Matt, but not as much as she has towards Jenna and Heidi. She would be happy if she never saw Jenna again. “I think Jenna was intimidated by the fact that I was different and scared by me. Yeah, they’re (Heidi and Jenna) bad…She didn’t want to have anything to do with me.” Butch, on the other hand, is a special person. So is Deena. She has an idea who brought the granola bar, and she says it wasn’t Janet. “There’s a lot more to Matt than you guys know. He is a sincere guy. He is also creepy.” She thinks Dave will do something big in the future cause he’s so smart. Check out the big brain on Dave… She wasn’t surprised Matt gave up the family visit because he is such a nice guy. She says she doesn’t know who was portrayed the complete opposite of who they really are, so she is looking forward to the finale.

One word descriptions time! Butch = Supportive, Heidi = Goddess, Rob = Snake, Matt = Smelly, Jenna = Spoiled

- A GeorgiaBelle original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christy's Chat Boilermaker 05-02-03 1
   RE: Christy's Chat Devious Weasel 05-02-03 2
       And she says she is still dating he... Boilermaker 05-02-03 3
           RE: And she says she is still datin... Lisapooh 05-02-03 4
               RE: And she says she is still datin... Devious Weasel 05-02-03 5
           RE: And she says she is still datin... snoocharoo 05-02-03 6
               RE: And she says she is still datin... Devious Weasel 05-02-03 7
                   RE: And she says she is still datin... snoocharoo 05-02-03 8
                       RE: And she says she is still datin... AZ_Leo 05-02-03 9
                       RE: And she says she is still datin... Devious Weasel 05-02-03 11
                   RE: And she says she is still datin... gallopingael 05-02-03 18
 RE: Christy's Chat PepeLePew13 05-02-03 10
   RE: Christy's Chat Devious Weasel 05-02-03 12
   RE: Christy's Chat AZ_Leo 05-02-03 14
 RE: Christy's Chat Devious Weasel 05-02-03 13
   RE: Christy's Chat Loree 05-02-03 17
 RE: Christy's Chat AZ_Leo 05-02-03 15
   RE: Christy's Chat Devious Weasel 05-02-03 16
   RE: Christy's Chat Brownroach 05-02-03 19
 RE: Christy's Chat SurvivorJoel 05-03-03 20
   RE: Christy's Chat Witless 05-03-03 21
       RE: Christy's Chat SurvivorJoel 05-03-03 22
   RE: Christy's Chat Connie E 05-07-03 23
   RE: Christy's Chat Shamazon 05-07-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Am I reading this correctly. She would makeout with Dave??? We are talking about kissing and the like right???

I'm glad that the visit from her boyfriend made such a difference in her life.

05-02-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Christy's Chat"
You're reading it right. It was the answer to the question what thing would you do if you could go back and do it all over again.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
3. "And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
Not for long unless they have a very, shall I say (although I don't really think of it this way) progressive relationship.

I thought she was supposed to be the intelligent caring all around good person. Oh well. Someone might want to caution Snoocharoo about having this girl be her daughter's role model.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 03:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
maybe it was tongue in cheek (her cheek not Dave's)

05-02-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
Makin' out's still just makin' out. The number of women I've made out with is much higher than the number of women with whom I have been seriously involved.

That doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."

my daughter thinks "kissing" is gross anyway.

05-02-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
The oldest Weasel boy (he's 5) is that way. The other day when I picked him up from daycare he said the girls were trying to get the boys to kiss them and marry them. He said that when girls kiss you and marry you, it turns you into a girl too.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
8. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
Well DUH!

I see Christy's making out comment as nothing more than a flippant remark. Plus it we shouldn't judge anyone else's relationship because as anyone who's been in a relationship knows there are two-sides to the story.

I still think Christy is great role model.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
The full text is posted on Survivorfever.net.

http://www.survivorfever.net/chat-christy.html

It does appear to be a flippant comment.

By the way, she also confirms that during the Heidi/Jenna "groveling" session, Jenna did just stand there and not say anything and that Jenna never did thank her for letting her get the letter.

05-02-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
Notice I didn't say anything about correcting an incorrect assumption. Although I did correct him when he said kissing girls was icky...

gallopingael 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: And she says she is still dating her boyfriend..."
He said that when girls kiss you and marry you, it turns you into a girl too.

You mean to tell me that it doesn't?!?!?!

Dang it....all those wasted years

Gallopin' Gael

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Christy's Chat"

>Looking back, she says she wishes she had told Rob what
>he wanted to hear. She says she feels silly that
>she didn’t. She would also make out with Dave.

Just a thought. I agree it sounds a lot like she wished she could have "made out" with Dave in a romantic sense, but I wonder if perhaps she actually meant she wishes she could have made out better with Dave in terms of allying herself stronger with him (and others) to solidify herself in the game instead of being left with people such as Jenna, Heidi and Rob in the final six.

If Christy allied herself with Dave, Butch and ?Matt? at a critical point in time around then, who knows, Dave might have gone on further in the game? It's, of course, a what-if situation that we'll never know, but I wonder if this is what Christy could have meant to say.

Deaf people will sometimes type in ASL-speak instead of English so something like "I will go to store" will come out when it was meant to be "I perhaps will be going to the store." So, maybe "she would make out with Dave" was meant to be "She wished she had made out better with Dave?"

Do you have a direct quote of what she said, DW, or did it come out just as you typed it in your original post?

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

05-02-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Although there were points where it seems she was doing what you described, I think here it was purely flippant.

05-02-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Christy's Chat"
I posted a link to the actual chat above.

05-02-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Unlike our last three chatters (and first three members of the jury), I think we can clearly state where Christy would come down on a F2 vote. If it's anyone of Rob, Butch, or Matt against either Heidi or Jenna, then the male is getting her vote. If it's Butch against Rob or Matt, it's Butch. If it's Rob against Matt, it's Matt. And if it's Heidi against Jenna, it's Heidi.

I am so looking forward to her time to speak at the final tribal council.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 05:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Christy's Chat"
I'm wondering how Jenna will be able to handle the final TC. She will finally have to pay attention to Christy and actually listen to her question and answer her. That will be a first time for Jenna.

05-02-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Christy's Chat"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-03 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-02-03 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

Anyone else wonder about her Heidi=Goddess remark? A lot of words come to mind when I think of Heidi but goddess sure isn't one of them (unless she was thinking Medusa but technically Medusa wasn't a goddess, she was a gorgon).

Edited to add spoiler comment as the above slipped into bashers.

Does this mean she had some time with Heidi that lessened her anger but didn't get the same opp with Jenna?

05-02-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Could be - even if what she meant to say was that Heidi thinks of herself as a Goddess, this is still a nicer description than the "spoiled" she gives to Jenna. I thought it was also telling that even though she said she had a great deal of ill will towards both Heidi and Jenna, Jenna was the only person Christy said she would be happy to never see again. Another sign that she didn't have any touchy-feely time at Loser Lodge with Jenna?

Couple that with Deena saying in chat a couple of weeks ago that she never had the opportunity to ask Jenna why Jenna voted against her...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Christy did get to spend some time with Heidi, without Jenna, when they were both on Tambaqui. After Jeanne got voted out, Christy said she wasn't angry at Heidi for flipping. She may not have gotten quite as bad a vibe off Heidi alone as she did off Jenna, or when the two of them were together.

SurvivorJoel 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-03, 02:35 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Jenna did thank the whole group. If one were to review that episode, she whispered 'thank you' to all. Wouldn't that be good enough? Of course not, for people who think too highly of themselves, but more commonly, yes. That would have been enough.

Also, Christy's biases are showing. She's not really that objective, after all. Matt flipped on her in the last Episode, Butch voted for her when the tribe merged, and Dave was just bringing her alsong for the ride. She hates the two Boobsies-- aint it funny and inconsistent? She seems to dislike people she's spent time with, but 'adores' or likes the others whom she hasn't (and in a lot of intstances, voted for her!). Strange indeed.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-03, 05:50 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Christy's Chat"
I'm not a big Christy fan, but GMAB. What exactly did whole group do that Jenna should have thanked them for? Christy was the only one who had the power to allow another auction and she deserved a personal thank you for it. I'm sure Jenna had an excellent reason to be grateful to Heidi for jacking up the price both times, but I fail to see what it was.

And she HAS spent time with Butch and Dave and Matt, as much time as the Boobsies have, so I fail to see your point there, either. It is completely possible to like people right away and dislike others at the same rate, so I don't see how that is any more inconsistent than Heidi and Jenna bonding as quickly as they did, or Deena not holding a grudge against Rob because he engineered her downfall.

Everyone is biased; some are simply more biased than others. Do you think Alex is being objective when he says that he and the Boobsies were edited unfairly and that Christy was not as nice as she appeared to be? If your answer is yes, is that based on actual objective knowledge or merely your opinion of those players' personalities?

I think Christy likes the guys better mostly in comparison to the girls. It seemed pretty obvious to me that she had no friends out there; no one was tight with her and I don't see her being one of the contestants who emails everybody from the show forevermore. If one of the girls is in the F2, Christy will vote against her and it won't be because she likes the guy better; it will be to vote against the girl. It may not be objective, but how many truly objective votes do we see on Survivor?

SurvivorJoel 73 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-03, 06:35 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Christy's Chat"
Thanks witless. I'm no fan of any of the Survivors left. I'm just simply saying that Jenna did address the groups and said HER thanks, regardless of how sufficient or otherwise WE think that was.

I was also just saying that I (just me) found it strange that even during the early show interview and the chat, she had so much to say about the two girls, and so little about those who wanted her booted out earlier in the show. And in terms of number of days, it's still a fact that she's spent more days with heidi than anyone else left in the game so far. For someone who felt she didn't desrve to be booted out, she only focused on the two evil stepsisters (one, the most familiar survivor, again, in terms of number of days) instead of those who voted for her earlier, AGAIN, based on her chat transcripts and early show interviews

I wasn't actually saying that she's the only one who showed biases or that everyone else wasn't. It was just an observation (my personal one for that matter).

I noticed that everyone's so 'touchy' and emotional when something is posted about Christy. I don't know why, but this is Survivor -- a TV Show. So let's not get personal and respect each other's opinion. The subject reads: Re:Christy's Chat, not Re:SurvivorJoel's Chat.

WitLess (which I'm sure you're not), thanks for reacting to my post and sharing with us your opinions. And thanks for respecting ours as well.

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Christy's Chat"
If one were to review that episode, she whispered 'thank you' to all. Wouldn't that be good enough?

Ummmm, not really.....I don't really recommend WHISPERING a thank you to a deaf person.

Shamazon 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Christy's Chat"
I think personal biases are a much bigger factor in this Survivor than in the last one. Christy, in particular likes or dislikes people based on how they make her feel. Butch, Dave and Matt have made her feel included (regardless of how their votes were going to go.) Jenna and Heidi have made her feel excluded (again without regard to voting.) I think the boots last season were frequently personal (We don't like you) but this season they are more strategic. Of course, personal feelings have determined how people treat each other, and for the most part, that has been abominable, all the way around.

Jenna and Heidi (and Alex, and to some extent Rob) seem to think that you should only vote off people you don't like. And you should make it clear that you don't like them as the game evolves. I think they've all been successful in achieving that but it's definitely going to hurt their end game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •