The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rob's website is gone"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rob's website is gone"
I'd been checking it periodically, and as late as last week it was still up with the pictures and the "under construction...stay tuned" message.

I just checked and it's vanished. Preparing for an imminent relaunching, perhaps? "I cannot do any publicity until my demise on the show."

http://www.therobshow.com/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rob's website is gone KeithFan 04-23-03 1
   RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-23-03 2
       RE: Rob's website is gone KeithFan 04-23-03 3
           RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-23-03 4
               RE: Rob's website is gone Krendie 04-23-03 5
                   RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-24-03 6
                       RE: Rob's website is gone mistofleas 04-24-03 7
                           RE: Rob's website is gone AZ_Leo 04-24-03 8
                           RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-24-03 10
                               RE: Rob's website is gone Devious Weasel 04-24-03 11
 RE: Rob's website is gone - It's Ba... Devious Weasel 04-24-03 9
 RE: Rob's website is gone PrettyInPink 04-24-03 12
   RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-24-03 13
 RE: Rob's website is gone Krendie 04-24-03 14
   RE: Rob's website is gone Brownroach 04-24-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
Perhaps, in fact very likely. I still don't think it is this week though. Got to give him time for getting the site set up and then getting shots from the next episode or 2, including his torch being snuffed.

He also has to set up his links to www.naturallymanmade.com, www.drunkfatgirls.com, and www.lumberjackbabes.org.

04-23-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
There was a bunch of stuff on the site originally, which I should think would be relatively easy to put back up. I'm pretty sure I logged onto it last Wednesday or Thursday, so it could be down for almost a week now.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
Relatively easy? Depends on who is doing it If it were me I would be working on S7 site right now! You are probably right, it should be easy for him though.

Perhaps it is down early to throw us off?

04-23-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
I thought of that too.

I know nothing about the logistics and timeframe it takes to set up a website. But since it was already designed and it was operational for awhile, I figured it shouldn't take long to get it back up and running -- it wasn't a very complex site. And he's probably been thinking about what to do with it for awhile, so...

Krendie 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-23-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-03 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

I work for web site design company so maybe I can give some insight? There is no reason for any web site to be down for any length of time in order to make changes to it. Files can be revised before they are uploaded to the server to go live. There must be some other explanation for the site being down.
Bingo!
I just checked the Whois http://www.webnames.ca/whois.asp?wsID=C693AB2B1D3D4E40B29582473FF62690&domain=therobshow.com&luo=1 for his domain name (therobshow.com)and discovered that it expired on April 10, 2003. There's often a bit of lag with the Whois info so he may be in the process of renewing however this would explain why his site is no longer available. Its a necessary link in the "chain" of the web site = Internet.

04-24-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
There's often a bit of lag with the Whois info

Does this mean the site could have remained up past the April 10th expiration date? Unfortunately it is no longer in my cache, but I definitely logged onto it late last week, on the 16th or 17th.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
I just looked at Rob's website and was wondering what the heck that Rob's Sound Board thing is all about? BR, did you see that before the site went under construction? If so...what the hell is it?

--thinks someone should have told Rob that all those pictures of him at the top of the page are really ugly

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-24-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
>--thinks someone should have told Rob that all those pictures of him at the top of the page are really ugly

Considering the subject matter, there may not have been a lot of choices that would be much better.

04-24-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
Yes, Misto, this is the same page that was up along after he removed the actual contents. The soundboard thing was there, too, though I never made an attempt to figure out what it is.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
You press a button, then it plays the sound. At least it did the time I tried it. Not sure what the point is, though...

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rob's website is gone - It's Back"
Maybe it was some system problem that had it down

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
I generally haven't paid alot of attention to the contestants' websites (from S1 all the way through till now), but do they normally have websites up during the game? I would think that would be one of the first things CBS would make them do - take down any personal websites till after the finale airs. My guess is that would be right up there with "You can't fly home after you get booted, even if you're first off".

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but as I said, I never paid much attention to the contestants' websites (I'm online far too much with the fan websites, LOL!!)

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

04-24-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-03 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

I would think that would be one of the first things CBS would make them do - take down any personal websites till after the finale airs

I think that's what happened, PIP. The weight loss spoiler pics of Rob that were circulating came from his website, which was up before the show started airing. Very shortly thereafter, the site was emptied of all its contents, and the "under construction" message has been up ever since.

Krendie 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
The domain was registered by Rob in April 2002. Would he have known then that he would be on Survivor? I wonder what MB's policy is for that. Maybe he WAS told to take it down...but why so late in the show?
I find it very curious that this week (of all weeks) the site was replaced with an "Under Construction" page.
Curioser and curiouser.

04-24-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rob's website is gone"
I find it very curious that this week (of all weeks) the site was replaced with an "Under Construction" page.
Curioser and curiouser.

It wasn't, Krendie -- see my response to Pretty in Pink above. This past week was the first time that the site went down altogether, as far as I could tell, since I'd logged in every so often and the "Under Construction" page was always up.

The stuff that was on the site originally had nothing to do with Survivor. But there were some casual pictures of Rob taken in December, after he got back, that triggered all the weight loss speculation. I believe he WAS told by CBS to remove everything from the site at that point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •