The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
The popularity polls... pictured are Christy and.....

DEENA.

Being popular in the CBS Survivor Site poll is frequently the Kiss Of Death for a player. Could Deena be a candidate for booting?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 1
   RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... amylynne321 04-01-03 2
       RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... toddE 04-01-03 3
       RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... Brownroach 04-01-03 4
           RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... amylynne321 04-01-03 5
               RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... Brownroach 04-01-03 6
                   RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... VerucaSalt 04-01-03 7
                   RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... miggins 04-03-03 10
                       RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... SurvivinDawg 04-03-03 11
                           RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... miggins 04-03-03 12
       Does Jenna realize? Loree 04-02-03 8
           RE: Does Jenna realize? Dude Man 04-03-03 9
       RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS s... cindyhale 04-03-03 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-01-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
1. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
Yeah, I'm such a shameless DAW that I'm replying to my own post.

I don't think Deena's going this week, but it has occurred to me that she might win immunity... and therefore really be seen by the others as a threat, setting her up for next week...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
2. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
I thought it too! I posted this on another board (what's worse, replying to your own post, or posting the same spec. on two boards?) but I thought it has a home here too. What do you think?

My post from the other board:

Is Jenna more tight with her Deena alliance, or with her Heidi alliance?

I wonder this for two reasons...First, if Jenna and Heidi are actually closer allies than Jenna and Deena I can see E8 as an excellent opportunity for the two of them to easily get the numbers to boot Denna.

Second, Jenna and Heidi both still believe that their best game results will come directly from their abilities to manipulate the MEN around them. I don't think either of them are necessarily worried at a male majority within the tribe, because for the two of them, I think they really believe that they would have an advantage in a tribe full of men (it's been their contention from the beginning.) This being the case, isn't their smartest move to boot Denna before Dave (and also Christy before Dave for that matter)? Also, I'm sure Jenna is wary of Deena's alliance with Rob, and I wouldn't be surprised if both Jenna and Heidi feel that they can take control of Rob more easily if Deena were gone.

Like I said before, it would be easy for Jenna and Heidi to get the numbers to take out Deena, and I don't think that keeping a gender majority on the tribe something they even consider. Dave and Butch know they are in trouble = desperation voting, the last two people standing at the last immunity were Christy and Deena= IC threat ,and what would make for better TV then for Rob (who I really like, but...) to have his whole world crash down around him when Deena is booted out from under him= EPM.

Maybe I just don't want to see Dave go (but I'd like to watch him walk away...).

Never underestimate the combined stupidity of two women who took their clothes off on national television for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!!!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
That sounds awfully believable, and unfortunately makes Dave/Rob #7, Deena #8 and Alex #9. If this theory holds, the leftover Dave/Rob will be #6, Heidi #5, Christy#4, Butch #3, Matt vs. Jenna, and Jenna wins, a horrible example of Girl Power Gone Wrong.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-03 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

Second, Jenna and Heidi both still believe that their best game results will come directly from their abilities to manipulate the MEN around them. I don't think either of them are necessarily worried at a male majority within the tribe, because for the two of them, I think they really believe that they would have an advantage in a tribe full of men (it's been their contention from the beginning.) This being the case, isn't their smartest move to boot Denna before Dave (and also Christy before Dave for that matter)?

I think if Jenna and Heidi were totally operating in this mode they'd want to get rid of Christy before Deena. Christy was popular with the men in new Tambaqui, she's not really in their alliance, and they don't really like her and she doesn't really like them.

Jenna/Heidi know Deena will never be as popular with the men as they are, so there'd be no harm in keeping her around longer. Plus there is some trust between the three of them that is absent with Christy.

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
5. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
I agree that if Jenna and Heidi could take out Christy first, they would...however, I think they have a better shot at convincing Butch and Dave to vote out Deena before voting out Christy.

Except for Rob, and Deena (of course) Deena's boot is a good thing for everybody on the tribe.

Also, I think Jenna and Heidi don't worry about Christy because they really believe that when they want to manipulate the men, then the men will be manipulated- They don't see Christy as a threat because they don't think she's "on their level"- you know what I mean? On the other hand, although Deena is maybe not as "attractive" to the other men as Christy might be, Deena is a big immunity threat and the men would like to see Deena go.

Another question- If Deena felt any kind of trust happening between Jenna, Heidi and herself...why did she jump at Rob's offer of alliance so quickly- and why is she still sticking to it? As I remember it, during Rob and Deena's strategy meeting, Jenna was the only name that Deena mentioned. Could Jenna be feeding Deena a different story about her relationship/ alliance with Heidi?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
Deena, Heidi and Jenna (along with Shawna) formed an alliance way back when, so there's a level of trust that came from that.

But I'm sure Deena feels that Jenna and Heidi are closer to each other than she is to either of them. She wouldn't want to be in a Final 3 with both of them, because if she didn't win that last immunity neither one would pick her for Final 2. So she knows they have to be broken up at some point.

That's where Rob comes in. And for all Rob's "fantasies" of being in a Final 3 with Jenna and Heidi, I'm sure he knows they can't both be allowed in F3 either.

I do agree that Jenna and Heidi don't think Christy's "on their level", but I could see them being pissed because she was accepted by the men whereas the women more or less ignored her -- and of course Christy has a "sympathy" edge for being deaf.

And yes, Deena is a bigger challenge threat. But I really don't see Jenna and Heidi turning on Deena just yet.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-01-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
7. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
Don't forget also that Deena and Rob made an alliance while they were in new Jamburu, Deena was in a vulnerable position there as it was equal men vs. equal women and she felt that she'd be kicked off first b/c she was the oldest. Rob's and hers meeting of the minds was not IN PLACE of her alliance of J/H but in addition to make sure she survived till the merger. She also knew going into the merger at some point, the men could win individual immunity and get rid of the women.

I do believe there will be a situation with Deena resulting in her demise but I don't think it will happen this soon.

miggins 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-03-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
>And for all Rob's "fantasies"
>of being in a Final
>3 with Jenna and Heidi,
>I'm sure he knows they
>can't both be allowed in
>F3 either.
>

Sometimes I wonder though, from his admitted desperation to have sex, whether he might lose sight of the million dollars for even a chance to have a threesome (or even one of the bimbos).

Yes, I'm a newbie so please don't flame me.

04-03-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
No flame from here. Welcome to the board.

And yes, I couldn't agree more: I think for Rob, a threesome might be worth a million dollars!

miggins 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
Thanks for the welcome. This is my second season lurking on the board, but I've watched almost all the survivors ( I only caught the first one during the repeats and missed some of them).

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
8. "Does Jenna realize?"
Does Jenna realize how close Deena and Rob's alliance is? Deena and Rob made their alliance privately. Jenna thinks Rob is on their side. But does she really know he is in tighter with Deena than Alex or Matthew? We saw Deena telling Jenna that they have to boot Alex to break him and Rob up so Rob has to come with them. But Rob has already told Deena that he didn't feel that tight with Alex anymore and that was why they should maybe drag Matthew along. Was Deena saying the part about breaking Rob and Alex up just to protect her tight alliance with Rob from Jenna? Or does Deena really fear that Rob was lying to her and he is still closer with Alex than he is with his new alliance partner Deena?

Heidi also has to feel vulnerable and out of the loop with the new Jabaru group. Heidi has never been on a tribe with Alex, Matthew and Rob. She has to feel on the outside. Will she want Jenna and Deena to prove to her that she is still in a tight girls group and didn't get left behind when the boys arrived. I can see Heidi still wanting Dave around for her security. Jenna and Deena have the 3 guys. Who does Heidi have?

Dude Man 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Does Jenna realize?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-03 AT 07:27 AM (EST)

I think Rob and Deanna are extremely tight right now. Rob came up with the plan to fool B/D/R and got Alex/Matt to buy into it. I dont think anyone on the island know how strong the Rob/Deena alliance really is.

I have to agree with you that Heidi doesn't seem comfortable with the new Jaburu group and I think her and Dave became much tighter at Tambuqui than we were shown the last couple weeks. Remember when they merged last week Heidi was the one who insisted they should boot Roger instead of Dave and that will come more into play this week as Heidi will try to save Dave again since he is next on the chopping block.

I believe The Heidi/Jenna alliance is still strong so what I see happening this week is Heidi convincing Jenna to join her along with Dave and Butch if they can get one more person. They decide to target Rob thinking hed be the easiest to manipulate with their feminine charms and not realizing how tight his bond is with Deanna. After some convinicing by the girls (and possibly a little nudity) Rob tells them he is on board. However he stays true to his alliance with Deanna/Christy/Alex/Matt and they boot Heidi for being the traitor who was "sleeping with the enemy".

edited to fix grammatical/spelling errors

cindyhale 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-03-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: OUCH! More new info from CBS site..."
My head is spinning! Every one of you makes a good argument for your cause!

<Is Jenna more tight with her Deena alliance, or with her Heidi alliance?>

I think Jenna will go whichever way the scales tip. I don't see her being more (or less) loyal to either of her original allies. She is smart enough to let the game make that decision for her. If you start getting too rigid, you get burned. I also can't imagine why Jenna and Heidi would team up now to get rid of Deena. Deena hasn't wavered from her word to them. Deena has sat back and all but orchestrated the antics of those girls. We aren't shown that exactly, but from the satisfied and conspiratorially comical looks on Deena's face, I believe all that "monkey grooming", communal bathing, bikini tops off stuff was a deliberate attempt to keep the men preoccupied with making sure the Jungle Barbies stayed as long as possible, thus assuring Deena's stay as well....at least until close to the end when Deena must have a different strategy. That's where Rob comes in. She knows Rob lusts after the "cute girls" and she has promised him a trip to the final four if he goes along with her. He isn't about to go against Deena because that would mean his chance to be the only male left and he could somehow become filling for the Barbie-sandwich. Him, sleeping between Heidi and Jenna. No. I think Rob would do just about anything anybody said to ensure that!

So Deena finds herself in the F4 with Rob, Heidi and Jenna. Do I think that will happen? No, I don't, but I think that was the plan. Personally I am whole-heartedly routing for Christy!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •