The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Target Practice: IC8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Target Practice: IC8"
In the last two Survivors MB has thrown in challenges with the potential to reveal game politics, starting with the infamous coconut chopping IC in the Marquesas. It seems this week we'll see a repeat of sorts of the elimination RC from Thailand which starts with an odd number of players attempting to pair up, leaving one out, and proceeding to three in individual heat requiring cooperation to advance, concluding with a head-to-head of the final two. That leaves the mask-punching for a probable IC. Could this possibly be a variation of coconut-chopping? If so it may be valuable to determine who would target whom in what order (remembering that they have to correctly answer a question or something in order to be able to punch someone's mask). My guesses:

Deena (remembering that Deena functions in a threat-elimination game and would likely go after potential immunity threats first): Dave, Matthew, Alex, Heidi, Butch, Christy, Rob, Jenna.

Rob: Dave, Butch, Heidi, Alex, Matthew, Christy, Jenna, Deena.

Alex: Dave, Butch, Christy, Matthew, Deena, Rob, Jenna, Heidi.

Matthew: Dave, Butch, Christy, Deena, Heidi, Alex, Jenna, Rob.

Butch: Rob, Matthew, Heidi, Deena, Alex, Jenna, Christy, Dave.

Dave: Alex, Matthew, Deena, Rob, Christy, Jenna, Butch, Heidi.

Christy: Dave, Jenna, Rob, Alex, Matthew, Heidi, Butch, Deena.

Heidi: Alex, Matthew, Dave, Butch, Rob, Christy, Deena, Jenna.

Jenna: Dave, Rob, Matthew, Christy, Butch, Alex, Heidi, Deena.

If this is the case then it would seem to me that Dave doesn't have a prayer of winning immunity this time, but the dynamics of the challenge itself could work to alter the politics of the game. Okay, tear it to shreds or fine-tune the target specs, thank you.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Target Practice: IC8 wendyp 04-01-03 1
   RE: Target Practice: IC8 SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 2
       RE: Target Practice: IC8 DoodleBug 04-01-03 3
           RE: Target Practice: IC8 SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 5
 RE: Target Practice: IC8 TommyBoy 04-01-03 4
   RE: Target Practice: IC8 frisky 04-01-03 6
   RE: Target Practice: IC8 dabo 04-01-03 7
   RE: Target Practice: IC8 SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 8
       RE: Target Practice: IC8 Brownroach 04-01-03 9
 RE: Target Practice: IC8 cowboyroo 04-01-03 10
 RE: Target Practice: IC8 DoodleBug 04-02-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-01-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
Butch: Rob, Matthew, Heidi, Deena, Alex, Jenna, Christy, Dave.

I think Alex would be higher on Butch's list. If Roger was that upset at Alex then Butch and Dave would be mad too. I think they will target Rob too, but Alex is the one they trusted.

Jenna: Dave, Rob, Matthew, Christy, Butch, Alex, Heidi, Deena

I also think Christy would be next after Dave if Jenna hit Dave. Reasons, Jenna does not like Christy, christy beat her in log rolling contest and she knows Christy is safe from the boot this week in Deena's list so it will be ala Tom's vote for Clarence in S3.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
Agree that Butch will target Alex first.

I also don't think Jenna will target Dave first. She'll probably target Alex first.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
Don't you think Butch and Dave will be after Deena too since she won immunity last time? I agree that Rob and Alex would be first since they betrayed the alliance.

I think Deena will be smart and not show her pecking order... but maybe I am overestimating her. I look for Rob to not reveal too much and just make light of the whole situation... maybe target Alex first and Deena second.

04-01-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
After the traitorous Alex and Rob are done for, Dave and Butch will probably go for who's left... assuming that either of them are still in the game (usually you sit down after you're waxed).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TommyBoy 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
Long time lurking, first time posting. Could it be possible that Rob, being the "Master" of Survivor knowledge that he is, go after Deena and Jenna first in order to not reveal his alliance?
This could cause friction between Deena and Rob thus beginning their downfall. Sort of like MB's plan working in reverse.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
That was my first impression, too, TommyBoy. Rob will know about the ultimate S4 Gafu and will take a different approach.

Welcome aboard!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
Welcome aboard. You're right, Rob's best move is to blow all the questions, his target of choice should be "none of the above."

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

04-01-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
No, I think Rob is going to make the same mistake that Nurse John did in S-4. Rob is going to very arrogantly and confidently go for Dave's targets, then Butch, and all but call them out on it, as Nurse John did with Sean.

And about that time, quite a few people are going to have little light bulbs going off over their heads... except Heidi, who will just glow underneath her shirt.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
It's not so much that you have to disguise the person you want to boot (which, in S4, was Sean). You do want to make sure they don't win immunity, after all.

It's your "pseudo"-alliance members you have to be careful not to take out too soon. The Rotu 4's mistake was in revealing themselves as alliance of 4 that didn't include Paschal and Neleh. If they had just let Neleh or Paschal win that IC, the game probably would have turned out very differently.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
We must not forget that these Survivors probably, Rob for sure, saw the Marquesas fiasco and will not fall for the same mistake again. It will be...make sure Dave doesnt' win and then it doesn't matter after that.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Target Practice: IC8"
I don't think Rob is cocky to anyone's face - only in his confessionals. He admitted at TC that he liked being a follower and enjoyed people telling him what to do! NOT! He's going to go after his friends so it looks like he's playing on someone else's team.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I have a feeling Deena may just be too cocky and reveal too much during this challenge.

I can definitely see conflicts arise and second-guessings will happen after this challenge. Just what MB wants.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •