The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
""One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
This must be so obvious that no one has returned to the matter. But who exactly is allied with hated tribemate? Does this refer to Rob/Matt or Rob/Deena?

I saw the episode last night, and am still not sure. I guess CBS is using their time-honored tactic of greatly exaggerating what actually happens.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... ElroyJetson 03-20-03 1
   RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... kdzgon 03-20-03 2
   Let's look it a different way JohnMc 03-20-03 11
       Second thoughts - another theory JohnMc 03-20-03 13
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... DoodleBug 03-20-03 3
   Sweet Irony Krautboy 03-20-03 4
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... magellanscross 03-20-03 5
   It's an over exaggeration. Wacko Jacko 03-20-03 6
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... Thaibeach 03-20-03 7
   RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... Brownroach 03-20-03 8
       Overblown Teasers? Krautboy 03-20-03 9
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... SurvivinDawg 03-20-03 10
   RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... Thaibeach 03-20-03 12
       RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... Krautboy 03-20-03 15
       RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... LeftPinky 03-21-03 17
 RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... jkokoj 03-20-03 14
   RE: "One castaway makes an alliance... Kokoro 03-20-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
1. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Todd

Of course they are exaggerating!

Now, it appears there is a merge or possibly a fake merge. The most obvious "Odd Couple" would be Rob/Roger. Although Rob/Matt is possible but that alliance already appears made. Let's see, who could each person hate:

Roger - Rob
Butch - No one
Dave - No one
Heidi - Christy
Christy - Heidi, Jenna

Rob - Matt, Alex, Roger (Rob has issues...)
Matt - Roger
Alex - No one (he appears clueless and longing for LL)
Jenna - Christy
Deena - Heidi, Jenna

Just my take.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
2. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Deena Heidi and Jenna were an alliance before the switch, no?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
11. "Let's look it a different way"
Instead of looking at the "hate pairings," let's look at the "alliances", as weak as they seem to be in this installment.

Deena/Heidi/Jenna

They just booted Shawna, and Heidi is in the other camp. Heidi and Jenna will probably come back to their alliance at the "merge". Heidi will do better when she gets back with them, but...

Deena/Rob

Rob is emotional, and Deena only hooked up with the Boob Sisters for her own good. She may stay w/Rob, she may go back to the BBB alliance after the assumptive "merge", or she may bring Rob and maybe even Christy back into her "power group." Deena will definitely do what is good for Deena.

Rob/Matt

This is all temporary. Plus, all of the "Matt is clueless" comments may indicate that he really knows what's going on? I don't really think so, but I do think that the possibility for misdirection exists.

Dave/Butch/Roger/Heidi

Dave's group, and we don't really know who Dave thinks is disposable.

Butch/Christy

A true and genuine fondness. Something about Butch, particularly the fact that he is a principal and as a result understands appreciating people for who they are and believing their potential, says that he may find a connection, possibly even a friendship w/Christy.

If I left other alliances out, please let me know.

Now, with that said, an alliance is really only needed in TC, so we are talking about boots. Now, we already are assuming that Alex is next because of his Shawna tie. He has to be booted now so that they can hook up at LL. So why would you form an alliance to boot Alex?

The all guy alliance!

Entering the merge 6-4, the guys do have a disposable member, kind of like Clarence in Africa. Because the alliances are so mixed in terms of guys and girls and withing their own "factions" of guys and girls, everyone has to be looking out for themselves.

So what motivation do you have for combining your vote with someone else to get rid of Alex? For right now, that could include Christy getting back with the girls so that they have an edge. Not likely because of, for one, Heidi's backstabbing, and for two, she doesn't like the girls.

Since it's not the girls, it has to be two of the guys. Butch likes everyone and is liked by everyone. Dave is one of the male leaders. While this might not make him liked, he isn't necessarily an outsider. This leaves Roger, Rob, and Alex. Since Alex is the outsider, I think the "unlikely alliance" is Roger and Rob, but I doubt it is for more than one vote...although you never know!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-20-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
13. "Second thoughts - another theory"
So many possibilities. That's why I love this show, you can speculate all you want, but ultimately you don't really know until you watch.

So I was thinking, "Who is the unlikeliest to form an alliance?" Is it the people who hate each other, or the people that don't know each other? If you hate someone, at least you know something about them and know why you don't like them. You have spent enough time with them to form your opinion and decision.

However, who really doesn't know each other? All the guys know each other, and all the girls know each other. And the people in the new swapped tribes know each other. But which pre-merge people haven't actually lived together yet? Rob, Alex, and Matt have not lived with Christy and Heidi.

Could it be some combination of one of those guys with one of those girls? The least likely would probably be the pretty Heidi with the geeky Matt.

Any other ideas?

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
I thought this was covered in last night's episode. Rob made a deal with Matt. In his confessional, he talked about how he doesn't like the guy but he's useful.. he catches fish and provides for the tribe (didn't you see Rob rolling his eyes at TC when Matt was talking?). Matt is the hated and clueless tribemate that Rob has alligned with and will dispose of him when he feels the need.... at least that is Rob's game plan.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
4. "Sweet Irony"
Rob's comments about Matthew will become sweet irony when Rob's strategy comes back to bite him and when Matthew ends up in the F2...

Krautboy

magellanscross 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
5. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
i dont exactly think heidi and christy hate each other. but if that's the case, then maybe heidi-christy can be a possibility since they have spent moer time with each other.

by the way, didn't anyone notice in previous episodes before the switch that there were two shots of christy and heidi sitting (and possibly) talking to each other in Jaburu (right after they wake up while jeanne and joanna were already working early? a foreshadowing of this alliance perhaps?

roger-rob? hmmm... roger has said that rob is annoying, but he does not hate him and vice-versa. deena and rob, also do not hate each other... and has already been address this episode. same is true with matt and rob.

so the most logical un-easy alliance (next to heidi/X'ty) is jenna and X'ty.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-20-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
6. "It's an over exaggeration."
Because no one really hates anyone. Even Rob said that he has grown to like Matt. George Bush hates Saddam Hussian. Nobody here hates anyone. That statement by CBS means nothing.

I am still trying to get what they meant by Butch and Roger have a disagreement with Dave about who is to get voted out next meant.

I am also still reeling from that injury Alex got a couple weeks ago. I don't know about you but I am surprised he was able to continue with that cut to his forehead.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Yep they are exaggerating.

It was Rob making his temporary alliance with Matt. Rob plans to use Matt then "get rid of him when he's no longer useful to me" or some such crap.

Please please please, let some of these knuckleheads use their brains & form another alliance to boot ROB.

If I have to look at him in a marble bag again, I may never recover from the shock and horror.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
8. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Yes, the teasers are overblown again this season.

Dave's strategy "took a tailspin" last night? All we saw was that Roger told Christy the "incorrect" -- to Dave -- reason why Jeanne was booted. (And if you ask me, Roger's reason made more sense anyway).

And we see that Butch likes Christy very much. But nothing was said about Roger and Butch not going along with Dave's boot order, yet.

03-20-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
9. "Overblown Teasers?"
It seems to me that the people who write the teaser's may have access to more of the story than we see on the show...

Matthew is another example...a few episodes ago a big deal was made about "Matthew's new strategy for survival". We speculated that it was his role as food provider, but in the episode he was shown catching just one spotted bass. The Survivor Insider talks about Rob's envy of Matthew's fish catching skills, but it wasn't until this week that we were shown Matthew as successful food provider.

So, I guess my point is that the people who write the teasers may losse track of what happens in each episode and may on occasion overstate or exaggerate a tribal dynamic because they see the bigger picture...

Krautboy

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
It's gotta be Rob/Matt.

CBS never really exaggerated this badly before... although sometimes what they put down was unimportant fluff, and of course they're trying to use it for misdirection. But this season, they're definitely going in new directions.

The "injury" to Alex (or was it Matt, see how my memory goes?!?!) that turned out to be nothing but a cut... the blurb for it was clearly misdirection... but it was SO exaggerated that it irritated me. And now we have a "hated" tribe member... the only persons I can remember who might qualify as being truly hated are Dicque in S-1, Jerri in S-2, and Brandon in S-3 (after switching sides).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-03, 12:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
Another example of likely exaggeration is that "Alex is distraught" in the upcoming E7.

In fact, I believe that this was originally worded as "a CASTAWAY is distraught" making us think Alex went in E6, leaving Shawna distraught in E7.

Is it you, Krautboy, who keeps reminding us not to believe anything CBS says, EVER? You got that right! Yes indeedy. If hosanna were still here, she'd say, "Amen! Oh glory! Hallelujah!" and then we'd have to hit her with a 2x4. But I digress.

03-20-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
>Is it you, Krautboy, who keeps
>reminding us not to believe
>anything CBS says, EVER? You
>got that right! Yes indeedy.
>If hosanna were still here,
>she'd say, "Amen! Oh
>glory! Hallelujah!" and then we'd
>have to hit her with
>a 2x4. But I
>digress.

That would be the big Dawg from Georgia...

Krautboy

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-21-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
17. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
How about "Jenna is distraught when Alex ignores her advances"

Thinking that now Shawna is gone and Alex will need someone else to scratch his back, Jenna tries to replace Shawna and is pushed away... Meanwhile as the tribes put on their red buffs from the box, Rob decides that he needs to remove Alex so he can get Heidi and Jenna's attentions, so enlists in Roger (+ his group of Butch/Dave/Christy) to boot Alex

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-20-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
I believe it will be Christy and Jenna. These 2 have obviously been at odds from jump. Also, there is another thread asking how Christy gets to F4/F3.

I believe Christy will bring Butch and Jenna will bring along Matt. I believe Jenna will want to save Heidi at one point but will be unable to b/c of Butch, Roger and Dave.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-20-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: "One castaway makes an alliance w/hated tribemate""
I also believe it'll be Christy, since Rob has already outwardly stated he's working with Matt and they built up a "Christy-dislikes-Jenna" vibe in the last episode. The point is that Christy isn't dumb and she'll take the majority and go where she knows. Butch, Dave and Roger are all very loyal and will probably try to get back in with the men, and Heidi and pals will expect Christy to start following them around again, so it's not like she'll have too much choice in the matter, at least for this episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •