The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shawna or Joanna?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-28-03, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shawna or Joanna?"
The previews gave us the fact that Shawna gets sick. I thought this was very curious if she was actually the one to go in EP4...this seems like part of the smoke screen that will be used when the women go to TC in EP4.

Joanna, Christy and Shawna are possibilities. Christy has ChillOne and weight loss on her side, Joanna needs to go to complete the first four ChillOne boots, and Shawna leaving pre-jury fits with Snewser's prediction.

It seemed like Joanna going was a done deal, and then MB throws Shawna getting sick into the mix...at first glance seems like a cheap attempt at misdirection.

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? ejm92 02-28-03 1
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? wildchickenhunter 02-28-03 5
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? snoocharoo 02-28-03 17
 Do we now know all Loser Lodge dwel... smokedog 02-28-03 2
   RE: Do we now know all Loser Lodge ... BMH 02-28-03 3
 Prep SurvivinDawg 02-28-03 4
   RE: Prep Bebo 02-28-03 6
   Someone quitting jkokoj 02-28-03 11
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? wendyp 02-28-03 7
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? Brownroach 02-28-03 8
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? Boilermaker 02-28-03 9
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? GuessItRains 02-28-03 10
       RE: Shawna or Joanna? Q 02-28-03 12
       Joanna? Wacko Jacko 02-28-03 13
           RE: Joanna? Brownroach 02-28-03 14
               Did you see JoAnna after the 3rd Im... TribalTex29 03-02-03 35
           RE: Joanna? VerucaSalt 02-28-03 15
               RE: Joanna? Brownroach 02-28-03 19
               RE: Joanna? ElroyJetson 02-28-03 20
           RE: Joanna? spacey 02-28-03 18
               RE: Joanna? Loree 02-28-03 21
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? Chez 02-28-03 16
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? smrtNsassybnkr 02-28-03 23
   Deena the reluctant leader pooryorick 02-28-03 25
       RE: Deena the reluctant leader Chez 02-28-03 30
       RE: Deena the reluctant leader BMH 02-28-03 31
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? GuessItRains 02-28-03 22
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? VerucaSalt 02-28-03 24
       RE: Shawna or Joanna? snoocharoo 02-28-03 27
           RE: Shawna or Joanna? VerucaSalt 03-02-03 34
               RE: Shawna or Joanna? snoocharoo 03-03-03 40
 A message from the 8 ball? colleenwannabe 02-28-03 26
   RE: A message from the 8 ball? jennk 02-28-03 28
       RE: A message from the 8 ball? PepeLePew13 02-28-03 29
 Shawna=Flo? KeithFan 02-28-03 32
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? VanQ1 02-28-03 33
 RE: Shawna or Joanna? dabo 03-02-03 36
   RE: Shawna or Joanna? Survivorerist 03-02-03 37
       RE: Shawna or Joanna? dabo 03-04-03 41
 Shawna makes Merge? Wacko Jacko 03-03-03 38
   RE: Shawna makes Merge? samiam 03-03-03 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-03, 01:02 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Yep, a very cheap attempt....he made this week's outcome pretty obvious, but that is just a little too obvious of a boot. I think a sickness right now would maybe set up Shawna for a boot in episode 5 or 6. If the "Hot Girls" alliance is all together, and we have Christy and JoAnna, who were at odds in episode two....Also, we have heard from various sources that Deena is in the "Hot Girls" alliance, so I'll just call it the "Hot Girls...And Deena" alliance...lol...Jeanne and JoAnna are clearly in an alliance together, and that is going to make them a target of this big alliance.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-03, 08:05 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-03 AT 08:05 AM (EST)

No questions about your logic, but the alliance you speak of was rightfully name the 'Boobie alliance'. It would be wrong to call it anything else!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-28-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
I have a problem lumping Deena into the Boobie Alliance, just because Shawna said Deena is good at delegating tasks does not an alliance make!!! Alliances revealed NEVER succeed in SURVIVOR!!!!!

Deena is a free agent, so is Christy. Joanna and Jeanette are aligned (poor jeanette) Shawna, Heidi-Ho and Jenna have their silicone alliance. Jeanette will re-align with Deena and Christy once Joanna is gone. Jeanette will play whatever side benefits her the most, without Joanna she has no choice but to shmooze Deena and hold tight to Christy. I believe that Deena and Christy have the hidden power alliance and Jeanette jumps in an makes it stronger. I fully expect to see Christy with either Jeanette or Deena in the F4.

IMHO, Joanna goes next not because of some Silicone alliance but because she freaking drives everyone nuts.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, there are so many other reasons"

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-28-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
2. "Do we now know all Loser Lodge dwellers?"
With 3 already in, we need 4 more. Are they:

JoAnna: per Chillone.
Shawna: per Snewser, and now promo evidence.
Dave: per the 'did not lose weight' tip floating around.
Alex: allegedly dating Shawna, and as seen tonight, viewed as sneaky.

I think we have weight loss reports or Chillone covering everyone else, do we not?

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-28-03, 07:07 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Do we now know all Loser Lodge dwellers?"
No, there are no recorded weight loss spoilers for Jenna or Roger but there is no evidence really for both..positive or negative

16.Ryan
15.Janet
14.Daniel
13.Joanna (probably)
12.Roger (I just don't see him lasting much longer)
11.Shawna (girls go back and give her the boot)
10.Alex?? (target at the first merger vote)

For some reason I tend to believe that Roger,Shawna,and Alex are the next 3 boots but I could be wrong

And at this time I definitely think MB is trying to trick us...Shawna isn't going anywhere next week..we have had too many easy boots already..It is going to be Joanna or Christy

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-03, 07:16 AM (EST)
4. "Prep"
If my memory serves me, someone quits during this series.

It is likely that MB is "prepping" us to see Shawna quit... but not in Ep. 4. Perhaps Ep.5 or 6. It's misdirection in terms of Ep. 4, but not for later.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 08:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Prep"
I think that this is part of preparing us for Shawna going pre-jury, just not now.

There will be a lot of pressure for Shawna to hold on, at least through one more TC vote, so that the young ones don't lose their power. Right now, here's how things are shaping up alliance-wise:

- Young ones (Heidi, Shawna, Jenna) plus Deena - I'm including Deena based on Shawna's comments about admiring how she's been handling the leadership. Besides, with Jeanne and Joanna hoping she'd mess up, that means Deena's definitely not with them.
- Jeanne, Joanna and Christy - Christy was their bathing buddy, plus she and Joanna were working together on the keys.

So right now, it's a 4-3 split. If Shawna leaves before they can vote out one of the other three, there's a balance of power and a potential tie vote. They need her to survive one TC before she gives up.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
11. "Someone quitting"
I have a thread regarding JP's opinion on a few players including Shawna wanting to quit.

I do not think she does and I think the young alliance will oust Joanna. For 2 reasons, she is loud and over-the-top about her religion, and she is very strong. There is no way Jeanne will stay associated with her after this week.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-03, 10:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Keep in mind last season the first boot was John even though (name escapes me sorry) the young girl was throwing up all day long. I do not think they will boot Shawna. This also goes with the JP comment on my local radio station (see other thread) that Shawna wanting to quit and beign able to quit were two different things. I think she wants to and asks to be voted out but her alliance says no and votes out Joanna.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
One thing that set my radar off last night was when Rob said, in confessional I think, that he didn't like Joanna. It seemed like they went out of their way to show this -- the men were full of compliments for Heidi, Shawna, and Jenna, and nothing negative was said about anyone else (that we saw anyway).

I took it as another signpost that she's not gonna be around much longer. It's still possible she goes next, but it got me wondering if she might be targeted by the men after the merge. There is that enigmatic "TC" vidcap with both genders that a lot of people see Joanna in...

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
I took it as a sign that Joanna will make the merge or at least a swap and will be eliminated fairly quickly at that point in time. I might be completely wrong and be on an islancd by myself, but I don't think (at least today-Friday) that Joanna goes next week. Not that this means that Shawna goes next either.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Good point, Roach. I think (at this point) that either Shawna or Joanna is likely the next to go, and my decision between them will probably be based on whether we think there is a swap or merge before the "normal" E7 or not.

If we think there is a swap or merge, then I'd pick Shawna to go. Joanna would be a clear target among the men (per Rob's comments, as well as the TC comments that she is strong and a leader, plus I think she would really annoy the men). On the other hand, the men love Shawna, and would likely have bigger fish to fry in their votes. Shawna could still give up voluntarily after a merge, but I think that is less likely.

If there is no merge, then I'd bank on Joanna going. In that case it would make sense that Deena, Jenna, and Heidi would need to use Shawna to maintain their majority to boot either Jeanne, Joanna, or Christy. I'm not sure why they would pick Joanna over a clearly weaker Jeanne and moody Christy, but it seems possible. Then with a 4-2 edge in numbers they could make Shawna a mercy boot in E5 or E6, assuming the tribes to still be split at that point on gender lines.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
I'm not sure why they would pick Joanna over a clearly weaker Jeanne and moody Christy, but it seems possible.

Why would they target the stronger one? Simple, because she is a threat to them. That and she could be annoying them more than we are seeing. Perhaps more idol crap and more singing/yelling all night. Thats what I would do. I would take out Jeannes lackey first, thus leaving Jeanne with no strong ally. That leaves her weak and under their thumb.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-28-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
13. "Joanna?"
The reason for Joanna going is twofold. Who has the immunity idiol this week? The women. Joanna will probably over-react to having the idiol and go all religous. I mean even the guys notice Joanna all religous in the little time they spent with her. As much as the religous thing has been displayed. I realy think it has been down played and the women experience it more than is shown.

02-28-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Joanna?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-03 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

>>Joanna will probably over-react to having the idol and go all religous. <<

I expect so, too, Jacko. I think Rob's comments were shown for a reason. He said Joanna's always saying that Jesus loves Jaburu, and (to paraphrase) well, Jesus was a man, shouldn't he favor Tambaqui, if anyone?

Perhaps we will see Jesus favor Tambaqui at the next IC and, ironically, Joanna will get the boot.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
35. "Did you see JoAnna after the 3rd Immunity?"
She was all too happy to grab that idol with the rest of them. I think she is a hypocrite to say the least, but if her theory holds true, the idol will bring her bad luck and she will be booted away.

I still think that Rob may go before JoAnna, but I am alone in this theory. His mention of her at the reward challenge got me suspicious as to whether that would be re-capped when and if he does get the boot.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-28-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Joanna?"
It all depends on how the votes go
Prefacing this speculation with the assumption that Janet's indication of a Boobie plus one (Deena) is accurate AND lasted longer than when Janet was on (I'm considering she does B/C Janet was very harsh about Deena and very kind about Joanna)

We know J/J are together with a potential Christy

We know D/H/J/S are together however, not everyone knows this I don't think. I don't think J/J and Christy know Deena is aligned with them plus they have Deena in a target mode too.

Considering the riddle about the new alliance thinks they are unstoppable, I'll attribute that to the Boobies and Deena alliance, however with Shawna getting ill, the power MAY be up for grabs. Now, MAY doesn't mean it will but I think, maybe J/J see this as an opportunity to deflate the Boobies (not knowing Deena is part of them) and perhaps woos Christy (we know Christy can't stand Boobies) and may even rethink targeting Deena (who is already alligned with the Boobies and J/J don't know that) If J/J think that they can get Christy and Deena with them, they'll believe it will be then 4 - 3. What they don't know and we do is that Deena alligned with the Boobies

Deena may, in fact, lead them to believe whatever they want BUT if they go to TC, the votes will be the Boobies and Deena vs. C/J/J with C/J/J not knowing their upper hand did not occur. I can see Shawna being a potential target B/C she is sick (although personally I think they'd rather get rid of J or H) and for the Boobies plus one, I suspect it would be Joanna which could tie in with Janet fondly talking about her considering I didn't see much bonding between Janet and Johanna on the island itself.

Plus I find this quote interesting:

On Shawna: "Well, this is the first time we've had to deal with the question "What happens if someone wants to quit?" Usually I will try to encourage them and tell them that they will get a second wind, so just hang in there. But this is the first time we've encountered this, and we can't make them stay in the game.

But with Shawna . . . just let me say that wanting to quit and being able to quit are two different things, and when you see the episode next week you'll see what I mean"

That kind of nags at me that Shawna doesn't end up the victim of the boot if they go to TC; couple that with the power MAYbe up for grabs doesn't mean it will.

I'm hedging on Joanna right now based on my spec but this is only the beginning of the new week anyway

02-28-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Joanna?"
>>That kind of nags at me that Shawna doesn't end up the victim of the boot if they go to TC; couple that with the power MAYbe up for grabs doesn't mean it will.<<

I agree, VS. I posted in another thread that I think Shawna may agree to let the women formally boot her in a TC vote rather than just bow out of the game. But when TC comes around, her alliance partners don't vote for her, and of course she cannot vote for herself. So one of Jeanne, Joanna, and Christy gets the plurality of votes, and Shawna must stay because she agreed to abide by the vote.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Joanna?"
I'm guessing Shawna begs them to vote her out, but they don't.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Joanna?"
I agree with your thoughts that the women probably experience Joanna's religous out pourings more than we are being shown.

One thing I noticed last night was at a couple of commercial breaks we were lead into them with her "hallelujah" sing song yelling for a lack of a better way to explain it, just her voice no face time. It sounded like natives calling out but I recognized it as Joanne. I take this as probably being a constant sound around camp and I am already sick of it so I can imagine how they feel. Did anyone else notice this?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Joanna?"
Yes, and if we were annoyed at home. Imagine how it must annoy her tribemates. I was really surprised at the guys talking about Joanna's religious rantings. They see so little of the other tribe. If they know already, the rest of the Jaburu tribe must be tearing their hair out listening to Joanna.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
The posts I have seen on weight loss indicate final 6 may be Deena, Matthew, Butch, Christy, Heidi, Rob. This fits with your idea of alliance between Deena and Christy.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-28-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember ChiliOne's spoiler mentioning that one of the final 4 was Jana- which we all assumed would be Jena. However, after clarifing the dialect, it was determined Jana was pronounced Shawna. She is the one who, according to the locals, became better looking by the END of the game. Everyone thinks Shawna will go soon,but I have to disagree. I think she will toughen up and make it. Her comment "I don't see myself making it another 34 days" is misdirection. Not only will she make it, but I think she will win.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure JoAnna goes this week. I also agree with those that are saying that Deena is not truly "in" with the boobie alliance. Somehow, I think Christy gets in there later in the show. It is rumored that she makes it pretty far, (along with the spoilers for Heidi). I think the boobie alliance is going to NEED Christy's vote and therefore take her under their wings closer to the merge.

BTW.....Did everyone notice all that MERGE talk last night? I felt like the merge was definitely a focal point in last night's show. Is this forshadowing the Early Merge theory. I think it may be!

pooryorick 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
25. "Deena the reluctant leader"
Good call, Chez--and very likely in that exact order, too. I'm beginning to think C1's "something like Jenna or Jana" is in fact Deena and his source simply got the names confused (I'm having a hard enough time keeping them straight myself). She is the only one of the women, imho, whose "hotness" quotient would be improved by weight loss, and Brazilian men, remember, may appreciate a more "mature" woman than the big bOObie girls.

In which case, the arc begun last night--Deena as the reluctant "delegator," set up to fail but triumphing--may be our winner's theme this season. At the merge, the boob club and the 8-ball boys pair up, and, thus distracted, are picked off by the fringes of their alliances. Sigh. Yet another Survivor season with all the colorful and/or charismatic characters voted out midgame.

I still think Shawna will last at least one TC longer than Joanna, though.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 08:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Deena the reluctant leader"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-03 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Yes, thanks, pooryorick --

as soon as I read C1's posts about the winner being Jena or something such, and later read about Deena's significant weight loss, I came to the conclusion that Deena might be the person who was meant - for all of your reasons including the potential Brazilian appreciation of a more "mature" woman. That thought has been with me since, and you have captured it well. This helps us put together various of the spoiler strands.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Deena the reluctant leader"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-03 AT 10:06 PM (EST)

Actually this is my honest opinion

I SERIOUSLY doubt the so-called Jana is actually Deena...I can't possibly see how in a million years even after losing weight Deena would look "hot"...She is just disgusting..she is ugly

C1 even specifically said that these Brazilian men are naturally attracted towards beauties like Jenna,Heidi,and Shawna and it would make perfect sense for one of these 3 to be the woman the men were describing

I just can't see the men finding Deena or Jeanne attractive enough to call them hot and the "best looking female" It just doesn't make sense...

I'm not saying Deena doesn't go far..because I am sure she does go pretty far in the game but I serioulsy doubt she makes the F4

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
I thank everyone for their earlier thoughtful responses to my post above. I can see good logical reasons for Joanna getting the boot. Most people seem to think we are looking at a 4-3 boot with Deena and the Boobies voting for Joanna. I agree it's highly possible but I have a few questions that I still need answered for me to be comfortable with that.

1. Why would Deena ally with the Boobies?

She would clearly be the fourth wheel of any such alliance. I guess it's a little too early to think end game, but she would at least want some kind of partner to even things up. There's no indication she is close to Heidi or Jenna is there? We know she has issues with Christy and Jeanne can't stand her. I can't figure out what incentive she would have to join such a group and then boot Joanna instead of a clearly ill Shawna who would be near useless in any physical challenge. Just because Janet says it's so in a CBS-sponsored chat doesn't make it so, folks. We should know that by now.

2. Why keep somebody around who doesn't want to be there?

You have to have teammates/allies who you think are going to be with you in the end game. If Shawna is truly sick, she isn't going to last even to the jury. What is the strategic advantage to keeping her? Great, you win a vote and get rid of the annoying Joanna on Day 12. Then Shawna finally quits on Day 13. Suddenly you are down to the men 6-5 despite winning most of the challenges.

02-28-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-03 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

Guess, the alliance of Deena and the BBB's was mentioned by Janet in her chat, therefore I suspect anyone discussing that alliance (myself definitely) are stating the four of them b/c Janet said they were aligned at her CBS chat. Why are they aligned when you make a valid point, who knows? Politics make strange bedfellows I guess Deena is a pretty smart cookie, I suspect she has reasons.

As far as Shawna, she gets "sick" this week or "depressed" or what have you. You are right about why would you want to keep her then. Well I'd keep her because she is firmly in my camp and even if we lose immunity, we still have majority voting power that could be the main reason OR depending on how sick/depressed she is. This could be a brief episode where she is just ragged and just needs to regroup. There are too many variables to really know that but you brought up some good questions and I'm sure others will have various opinions besides me as well.

Smrt regarding what you questioned with regard to the Jana issue, some else can correct me if I am wrong (and please do, I've been wrong too many times to count ) but speculation was that the name could be pronounced Shawna just as there was speculation it could be Jeanne and some even suggested Deena but I don't believe there was any conclusive evidence that it was mispronounced from Shawan.

02-28-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
With all due respect Veruca, you cannot take those chats as gospel. It's highly suspicious that Janet would allow a successful alliance to be mentioned so openly. IMHO, that is a HUGE MB misdirection, he has had prior contestants do the same.

I don't see the boobie alliance allowing ugly duckling Deena into the tea party. Not to mention that Deen has nothing to gain by aligning with them, they are not a dominant alliance at this point, they are 3 against 4 or three against 2 and 2 etc. If Deena is as intelligent as I think her to be she already has an alliance and what we are seeing with the Boobies is smoke and mirrors...fakes for fakes.

ChillOne's "Jana" is so ambiguous that it could be applied to any of the females names out there except Heidi and Heidi's physical attributes are so striking they would make her memorable in any man's eyes. Who are the women that weren't hot at the beginning...Deena, Christy, Jeanne. IF this spoiler holds water we can deduce that Christy fits the "deaf girl" definition and either Deena or Jeanette is the ugly duckling turned swan F4 with Butch and one other man.

03-02-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Snooch, just saw your thoughts, and you are absolutely correct. However, Janet's chat, IMO credible with certain things and I'm taking what she said with everything else combined as good clues. She did state that Daniel and Ryan were her "Neros"and that was one thing that clued me in that she got to know both well; she is in LL with both of them.

The fact that she speaks so warmly of Joanna when Joanna was so nasty to Christy and Janet loved Christy sends a signal to me also.

I found it interesting as well that Ryan mentioned Christy, Janet, Joanna and Shawna as the four women he'd want on his team. Christy we believe goes far due to CO but I can see him saying her b/c of the fact that it takes a lot of cajones to have an impairment and get on Survivor and deal with everything. Shawna who may go early and was admired by a lot of the boys I can see him mentioning. What I found interesting was Janet and Joanna mentioned. Young Ryan mentions Janet? Personally I wouldn't pick Janet; is it a mom thing or did he say this because he got to spend a lot of time with her, which we know now he did. And Joanna? Now on the surface, I can understand him arbitrarily picking her b/c she looks so strong but I still find the choice a little suspect. Does he also get to spend time with her.

People tend to mention people who they just recall almost subconsciusly. I could meet 10 people and unless someone REALLY stands out, I'd probably typically remember the last couple of people.

So while I agree with you about chats can be suspicious, sometimes they do yield some valuable information combined with other information out there which is why I am relying on some of these chat comments.

But of course we can agree to disagree

03-03-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
We don't disagree at all...that MB is a wiley one, ya never know what he's up to

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
26. "A message from the 8 ball?"
There is also the little interchange that Shawna and Daniel had at the EP3 RC. Daniel says something like, "I'll probably see you soon," and Shawna says something like "No doubt."

Was this foreshadowing that Shawna will find her way to the Loser's Lodge?

There is a vid cap and recap of the dialogue in Bungler's Late breaking Ep 3 RC & IC vidcaps thread.

In fact, now that I think about it, No doubt is one of the 8 balls messages, isn't it?!

Good heavens...

Colleenwannabe

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-28-03, 06:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: A message from the 8 ball?"
I don't think Dan would have foreshadowed his leaving at this point in the game... the comment was made at the RC.

I personally feel like Dan is pretty full of himself and that he thought he was going to make it a merge and see her there.

Even if he did think he was leaving.. what would he base her leaving soon on? (And, that just doesn't seem like a good pick up line either... 'we're both getting kicked off.. see you in the loser camp.')

~~Jenn

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 08:15 PM (EST)
29. "RE: A message from the 8 ball?"
Welcome to our Spoilers community here in Blowsville, jennk!

I think what was meant was that this could be an editing trick to foreshadow what may happen in the future -- Daniel and Shawna didn't know it at the time but Mark Burnett and his editing crew did while they were putting the episode together. They may have thrown that in as a yuk-yuk -- just like the speculation going around that Heidi may knock Rob out of the game in some manner which is why MB showed so much of Rob jabbering about how hot Heidi was in the recent episode. Few people love irony as much as MB does.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 10:19 PM (EST)
32. "Shawna=Flo?"
I realize it's another show (at least the same network) but maybe they are showing Shawna in the same light as Flo...always whining about wanting to quit? I don't think Shawna will make the merge but she will make it past E4, thus providing us the drama of "who will Jabaru Junction vote out- the sick girl or the holy roller?"

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
It seems that Shawna may not have been the only one getting sick. This is from an interview with JANET:

-----------------------------------------------
"But I do think some of the younger women didn't realize the seriousness of this," she says. "They thought that if anything happened, a doctor would come out from behind a tree. But SEVERAL women fainted, and all the producers did was bring the cameras in for a close-up. It has to be extremely serious before they intervene."
------------------------------------------------
It looks as though Shawna may have fainted here:

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Shawna's statement in the promo was that she didn't think she could last another 30 days. I take this to mean she says it on day 10, well before the TC on day 12. Jaburu is up 1 going into this cycle, so if RC is on day 10 they will probably be able to sit her out, no problem, all she has to do is hike to the challenge area with the rest of the tribe. Failure to appear for a challenge is grounds for expulsion from the game, according to the rules of Survivor, but that is a situation which MB & co. will do their best to avoid (it couldn't be avoided with Skupin in Australia, his injuries were just too severe). The other members of Jaburu, as well, have a direct investment in not allowing Shawna to just quit on them, so I expect they will do what they can to help Shawna recover and continue in the game (regardless of how their alliances stand).

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-03, 11:48 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Good point, Dabo. And one more thing I'd like to add; don't necessarily count Shawna out yet either. All this talk has me thinking back to S3 when Lindsey fainted, and she recovered just fine. Maybe the whole injury isn't as bad as MB is making it out to be?

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
2. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)
4. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Shawna or Joanna?"
Wouldn't it be ironic if Shawna makes F2! MB loves irony! She is a model, right? She's used to a strict diet, it's the severe environment she's having trouble with.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-03-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
38. "Shawna makes Merge?"
In an interview conducted by Teresa Cooper from Survivor Africa with Daniel. She asks Daniel if he thinks he stood a chance with the women. Daniel answers that if he made the merge he thinks he do well. If none of this was fabricated, I would think that would indicate that Shawna makes the Merge. Now when is the Merge is a different question. Could it be this week? I would think after this episode, but I also think she makes tribal council because I don't think Daniel and her met. The interview excerpts are on SurvivorCentral.com.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Shawna makes Merge?"
She asks Daniel if he thinks he stood a chance with the women. Daniel answers that if he made the merge he thinks he do well.

Actually, what I get from this is that there is no mingling of tribes (i.e., a swap or fake merge) until the tribes actually merge. But then, I've not taken my drugs today.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -- Chekhov

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •