The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Four Challenges?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-03, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-03 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

It appears that we may have vidcaps from four different challenges. Look at the various combinations of buffs and shirts and see if you agree or can shoot holes in this theory.

Episode 1 Immunity Challenge: (Ryan and Janet still present)

Matthew wearing his buff wrist style. Daniel in his gray tank-top. Butch wearing his hat. Rob (out of the picture) wearing his green shirt. (Men lose and vote out Ryan)

After a second Challenge? EP2 Reward Challenge? (Ryan missing)

Matthew wearing his buff skull cap style. Daniel wearing his tank top. Rob not wearing his buff on his head. (Men lose second challenge?)

The third Challenge? EP2 Immunity Challenge? (Ryan missing)

Matthew with wrist buff? Rob head band style. Daniel wearing tank top. Butch without his hat? (Men win and Janet gets voted out?)

A fourth challenge? EP3 Reward Challenge? (Ryan and Janet missing)

Daniel now wearing a black t-shirt and blue shorts. Matthew wearing his buff wrist style again. Rob now wearing his blue tank-top and buff skullcap style. Butch not wearing his hat.

So, if we can conclude that these are pictures from the first four challenges and Ryan and Janet are the only survivors missing, then Ryan and Janet must be the first two boots…

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Four Challenges? SurvivorBlows 02-12-03 1
   RE: Four Challenges? Krautboy 02-12-03 2
       RE: Four Challenges? VerucaSalt 02-12-03 3
       RE: Four Challenges? SurvivorBlows 02-12-03 7
 RE: Four Challenges? Brownroach 02-12-03 4
   RE: Four Challenges? Krautboy 02-12-03 5
       RE: Four Challenges? Brownroach 02-12-03 6
           RE: Four Challenges? SurvivorBlows 02-12-03 8
               RE: Four Challenges? Brownroach 02-12-03 9
               RE: Four Challenges? erikman 02-12-03 10
 RE: Four Challenges? Booted 02-12-03 11
   RE: Four Challenges? Brownroach 02-12-03 12
   Teamwork... Krautboy 02-12-03 13
 RE: Four Challenges? Brownroach 02-13-03 14
 Fifth challenge tribephyl 02-16-03 15
   Fifth challenge - Pole/Tree climbin... LeftPinky 02-16-03 16
 Four Challenges Updated... Krautboy 02-18-03 17
   RE: Four Challenges Updated... phonarr 02-18-03 18
       RE: Four Challenges Updated... Krautboy 02-18-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Four Challenges?"
Kraut, I've been so busy vidcap'g I haven't had time to do much proper spoiling... refresh my memory, we're sure #2 is from a challenge why -- is that the one with Jenna's shirt barely visible on the far left?

Thanks,
SB

02-12-03, 01:19 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

This is the one that also shows Jenna's shirt off to the left in a different frame.

This one that I've got listed as the second challenge has all the guys together wearing their challenge buffs and looking dejected. In addition, Matthew wouldn't normally wear his buff on his head if it wasn't a challenge...

Does that make sense?

Krautboy

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-12-03, 08:05 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 08:08 AM (EST)

SB, the one with Jenna's shirt peeking out I believe we tried to establish it was just prior to a challenge where the guys were having a pre challenge huddle with Ryan missing. Kraut thanks for the post because Janet is missing from that group walk along, no question about
that.

Joanna is also wearing the same outfit in that pic above as the one where we see her standing with Jeff in what appeared to be a challenge

The girls are either walking to or walking back from a challenge which would be the third challenge as you indicated with the group shot of the men walking with no Ryan. If we can definitively find a pic of Janet from what we believe is Episode 2, she is still there. If no pics of her from Episode 2, I agree she is gone.

With the title of three being about the Girls, perhaps they win the third challenge and THEN Daniel goes?

02-12-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Four Challenges?"
Ya, my bad, it was the third image, not the second -- I just wanted to make sure that we have some evidence that the shot of the men huddling is indeed from a challlenge location and not someplace back in their camp.

Thanks,
SB

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

KB, I see what you're saying about the "despondent men" cap.

I can imagine that Rob would take his buff off his head after IC 1 was over. What's harder to figure is why Matt would put his ON his head when he was wearing it on his wrist at the beginning of the challenge. But otherwise the clothes -- their tops at least -- are a match for IC 1.

I'd do this myself, Kb but I always have trouble -- can you go to SB's thread entitled "Vidcaps for full MTV Preview (lots of images!)" and pull over Cap 102? It seems to occur seconds before or after this cap.

There is a right arm coming up between Roger and Matt. I can't figure out whose it is, it looks too far forward and right to belong to Butch, who is standing partially behind Dave. This may be Ryan, obscured behind Matt, putting his hand to his head.

Edited to add:
Also, in the cap you posted, that might be Ryan's left eye above Matt's left tank strap. It looks like his blue buff on his head. I think Butch's face is totally obscured, all you can see is his hat.

02-12-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Here you go BR...

This is the one that I find even more interesting. It shows Daves shoulder (on the right side) wearing a blue t-shirt with sleeves. This is different that the dark sleeveless shirt Dave wears during the EP1 Challenge.

So, between Matthews buff and Daves shirt, it seems clear that we are looking at different challenges...

Edioted to respond: That's Butch's eye. His hat is clearly visible in the othjer vidcap.

Krautboy

02-12-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Four Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Hmmm... Is that Butch's arm, then? In any case, you're right, that is not the buff of "Ryan"; Butch has his buff around his head under his hat. But that is consistent with IC 1. He has his buff around his head during the challenge.

So once again, Ryan seems invisible. Is he out of frame or gone completely?

You are right about Dave's shirt. At first I thought this could be Alex's tee shirt with the color distorted. But it's definitely Dave's Day 1 two-tone shirt -- blue on top, gray from the armpits down. He's the only one whose shirt does not match IC 1.

So the biggest question marks are the placement of Matt's buff and Dave's shirt. We don't have caps of Matt near the end of IC 1. He might put his buff on his head before he does the zipline, so it doesn't interfere with his grip.

And in these caps we see that Matt, Daniel and Dave have already strapped on their bags; in the last one they are starting to walk back to camp. Could Dave have brought his two-tone shirt with him to IC 1 and put it on while the women were celebrating?

Just considering the possibilities, Kb. They do look incredibly bummed out, so I could totally buy that this is after their second straight loss, at the Ep 2 RC.

It's frustrating that there's so little variance in the men's clothing in the previews we've seen.

**edited to fix typo

02-12-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Four Challenges?"
>It's frustrating that there's so
>little variance in the men's clothing
>in the previews we've seen.

Hey, they're men living out in the woods with other men... we'll be lucky if they're bathing, never mind changing their clothes every few days

-SB

02-12-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Four Challenges?"
It seems like they made a tribal rule that only one of them is allowed to change into a different shirt each day.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Four Challenges?"
>>It's frustrating that there's so
>>little variance in the men's clothing
>>in the previews we've seen.
>
>Hey, they're men living out in
>the woods with other men...
>we'll be lucky if they're
>bathing, never mind changing their
>clothes every few days
>
>
>-SB
yeah hopefuly we won't see the men takeing any nude baths, but we allready seen the women skineydipping. on the men we allways see roger, matt and alex togather could they be an alliance.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Four Challenges?"
Krautboy:

I can not believe the incrediable work that you do on this stuff... Ahhh... If I was only half as good.

Being new to the spoiler community, only posted late last year, I have a question. It is obvious that Janet is the first woman out by all the vids that we have. And Ryan for the guys. Would MB show us Janet missing this early and then it really happen in the EP 3 or did I miss the tie between Janet being gone and seeing both tribes together with just Ryan and Janet missing? There have been so many vids to go through I may have missed that tie in.

If there is a pic showing both Ryan and Janet missing in a vid could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Everyone Boot Ed

02-12-03, 03:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Four Challenges?"
Booted --

There is no single pic (not yet anyway) that shows both Ryan and Janet missing. There are the caps of the separate tribes converging for the same challenge. In the caps of the women Janet is missing. In the caps of the men Ryan is missing. That is what the speculation is based on so far.

02-12-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
13. "Teamwork..."
Welcome Booted!

Thanks for the kind words, but it's really a group effort. We all build on each others ideas and speculation. That's what makes this board such a great place to spoil.

As you can see, Brownroach, our partner in spoiling already answered your question...

Hope you'll join us this season!

Krautboy

02-13-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Four Challenges?"
Krautboy, TDT incorporated your observations into his Ep 2 speculation (with credit, of course)! He also notes that Roger's buff logo is placed differently.

We'll have confirmation tonight...

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
15. "Fifth challenge"
I've been using this thread as a guide to help with challenge clothing. I also think this thread will be useful for a couple more episodes. So, I'm bumping.

We have pictures of a blindfold challenge, from EP.2.

Alex in grey tank and greyishgreen shorts, Daniel(or Rob) behind him with a blue and grey baseball style long sleeve t-shirt and grey shorts.

Here we have Deena in her shorts but she is wearing a blue denim shirt as is Jeanne.
Not one person is wearing the same clothes as the shots contained in this thread. Does this mean we have shots for a fifth challenge, as well? I can't tell if it's Immunity or Reward yet, but it's gotta be snuggled in between Day3 and Day6. Therefore all the other pic's will have to be shifted down a bit.
I can't believe we have been treated to so much footage, so early.

tribephyl

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
16. "Fifth challenge - Pole/Tree climbing?"
Did anyone see the "picture in picture" type preview during the golf tourney? It appeared to show a challenge involving climbing a pole or tree. Unfortunately, it was a very small shot in the lower left hand corner of the screen - and very quick. There was a voice over by the golf analyst telling us to watch Survivor on Thursday. Love to see it caught on tape!

02-18-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
17. "Four Challenges Updated..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-03 AT 01:22 AM (EST)

Incorporating the new EP2 RC vidcaps, the current challenge sequence appears to be:

EP2 Reward Challenge:

“The Blindfold Challenge”

Alex and Matthew dejected after the challenge

Christy cheering for her tribe. The Jaburu women win the RC.

EP2 Immunity Challenge:

Pre-Challenge huddle.

Janet competing in the “physical” IC. The Tambaqui men win the IC. Janet is voted out…

EP3 Reward Challenge:

Men appearing upset after another defeat?

EP3 Immunity Challenge:

Janet is not present (voted out in EP2)

The “game show” Immunity challenge.

Ryan is not present (voted off in EP1)

Men lose and vote off Daniel…“Girl Power” is evident after an EP3 Challenge sweep by the Jaburu women.

Krautboy

phonarr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-18-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Four Challenges Updated..."
Krautboy,

<Rob and Matthew dejected after the challenge>
...uhh, make that Matthew & Alex

<Heidi cheering for her tribe. The Jaburu women win the RC>
Looks like Christy to me, sitting out the blindfold challenge

02-18-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Four Challenges Updated..."
Oops! Thanks Phonarr, I made the corrections. Need more sleep

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •