The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Closeups of torch and tribal council ruins vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Closeups of torch and tribal council ruins vidcaps"
I'm posting this off in a little thread of its own for size reasons (I figure 55 images in the other thread was enough.)

There are seven different images because I took them using a couple of different resolution settings and rendering methods (I wasn't sure which might turn out the best.) These are only at half-actual size but the quality at full size seems to degrade a little bit.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Is it the women? tribephyl 02-06-03 1
   RE: Is it the women? TDT 02-06-03 2
       RE: Is it the women? cowboyroo 02-06-03 5
           RE: Is it the women? Q 02-06-03 6
       RE: Is it the women? Krautboy 02-06-03 8
 RE: Closeups of torch and tribal co... Brownroach 02-06-03 3
   Deena jkokoj 02-06-03 4
       RE: Deena Brownroach 02-06-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-03, 04:53 AM (EST)
1. "Is it the women?"
SB Thank you for posting the blow-ups, and that there are more of them, as in a series, all the better.
I had posted in another thread that it looked like Matthew to me...but I think it's actually Christy, now follow me.

These two shots show a person (IMO now, much more feminine than Matthew) wearing a black/dark tank top, with light, almost white(would that be taupe? ecru? eggshell?) pants. NOT shorts like I had thought before. They resemble the zipper pants that seem to be a popular item for the survivors. (E)Specially on the women's team. Plus it looks like the "person" is wearing a buff on their head. Dare I say a yellow buff!?

It got me thinkin'.

When I compared those observations to some other pics of the teams, I noticed that there were some matches...a couple anyway.

Here is Christy in said outfit. Black tank. Creme pants. Zipper pants.

and here she is with same black tank but with buff on the head.

Granted, this all may be a stretch a.k.a.lotsa speculation. Plus, if I am right, they still could be from a future episode. OR a stand-in crew.
But I figured I would just point out a similarity to y'all. It can't hurt, and it might mean we would have to toss out the CO spoiler.
Anything to NOT BELIEVE!

tribephyl

TDT 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-06-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Is it the women?"
Thanks for posting these, SB. I was hoping you'd gotten this one this time, because the quality of your caps is near-perfect.

As for positive identifications, there are a few points I'd like to throw out: It's probably difficult to draw solid conlusions on color from these images, because the contestants are lit largely by torchlight, which may shift the color palette. But light-dark judgements should hold up.

tribephyl, I agree the person in front looks to have a (yellowish-looking) buff on his/her head. And that's not necessarily a tribe match, because the blue buff looks fairly light when it's worn inside-out (the Jaburu buff almost looks blue when it's inverted). Also, I don't think the dark (black?) top matches either of Christy's, due to the straps. The front person's top has wide straps, whereas Christy's in the group (of 16) shot has almost spaghetti straps. The one she's wearing in the Jaburu shot is more of a dark green (but would probably still look black in the TC pic), but it fastens around her neck, making the straps pull inward as they go up, not outward, over the shoulders as in the pic. Here's another shot of Christy's top, for comparison:

I think this new cap shows some of the best detail of the other people:

To me, from the apparent height and color, that looks like Roger's light gray shirt on the second person in line. Could also be Butch.

I think the overall point is: it's hard to draw a solid conclusion about who's there. There's no smoking gun for tribal mixing, a presumed bootee clearly being present, or anything like that. The front person could be Matthew (no clear shots of him in long pants, but he has some, and they could be light-colored), Daniel, Joanna, Deena, or even Ryan. The second person could be Roger, Butch, or maybe one of the women. Maybe we'll have a better idea after the MTV preview airs, or after ep1.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-06-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Is it the women?"
The clip where you can see several arms look all male to me. i don't think its a yellow buff...Just think its the bright lighting...

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-06-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Is it the women?"
My first impression and gut reaction is to agree with you roo. They look like males to me. I will reserve further comment until I can scrutinize them more.

Thanks for the post guys.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-06-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Is it the women?"
The front
>person could be Matthew (no
>clear shots of him in
>long pants, but he has
>some, and they could be
>light-colored),

Matthew wearing his light colored long pants...

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Closeups of torch and tribal council ruins vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-03 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

SB -- thanks, this is great!

Tribephyl, I think the person in front is a woman, too, from the waist-hips-legs proportions and the relative slimness of the left arm -- this just does not resemble the physique of any of the men, imo. And I see the "yellow" buff now too.

I also think it looks like Christy -- she does have khaki convertible pants (but then practically all of the men and women do.)

TDT, in caps 8 and 7, it looks pretty clear that "Christy" has nothing in her left hand, so she must be carrying her torch in her right. Thus, what looks like the tank straps may be a combination of them and the ropes of her bag, either worn backpack-style or slung over one shoulder. Regarding the second figure, it might be Janet in her button-down khaki shirt.

But you are right that it doesn't give us much at the moment. If we could clearly identify anyone, we could infer that that person is not voted out first from their tribe, since the lit torches implies a later TC, but that's about it.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-06-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
4. "Deena"
The build of the first person looks more like Deena to me. In the pic that TDT provided Deena has a tank on that closly resembles the one in SB's caps. Deena also has more of a guy posture and build.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Deena"
Could be, jkokoj. Her tank does appear to be a better match. But Deena looks a little pudgier than the TC enterer. The arms and shoulders in particular look more like Christy's to me.

Who knows? There's no shortage of dark tank tops and khaki pants on either team.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •