The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-15-03, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
These are links from survivorfever.net to articles based on a press conference that seems to confirm the men don't do well (doesn't actually say they lose, however).

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/living/4950501.htm

"Just in case anyone thinks the show will be a mismatch, Burnett showed reporters a clip from one early -- and very complicated -- challenge in which the men charged out to an early lead but the women gradually caught up."

Other interesting info:

``There are two girls for sure on the women's tribe in The Amazon who were anticipating walking around in very small bikinis and utilizing that,'' Probst said. Finding out that their tribe was all women ``was absolutely a re-strategy time for them.''

Probst also thought that with the sexes separated, ``the sexual tension kept building and building and building. And when they did get together, or when they would see each other at challenges... it was like a mixer.''

This link sometimes seems to take a while to load:

http://www.canoe.ca/JamSurvivor5/jan14_survivor-sun.html

"The 16 new players were immediately divided into two tribes by sex in the ten-minute clip shown to critics yesterday. It was interesting to see their reactions.

"There is no way the women are going to beat us in anything," says Daniel Lue, a 27-year-old martial-arts black belt from Houston, Tex.

"We're gonna get ragged big time if we lose," says 56-year-old ex-Marine Roger Sexton from Valencia, Calif.

Exactly. The clip showed the first new immunity challenge, a complicated obstacle course with players linked together. The guys started strong but then stumble badly on the balance beam.

"My grandmother could have walked across that thing," Burnett said yesterday. "But could his grandfather?" wondered the critic to my left. "

Other Info:

"He also suggested that separating the sexes only heightened the sexual tension. "It was like a mixer," added host Jeff Probst, also at the session. Look for a little nudity, too, as a kind of locker-room mentality sets in with the sex split. "

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... Swami 01-15-03 1
   RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... AZ_Leo 01-15-03 2
 RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... Boilermaker 01-15-03 3
   RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... AZ_Leo 01-15-03 4
       RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... Brownroach 01-15-03 5
   Hey Boilermaker... Red Lady 01-16-03 9
 RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... BMH 01-15-03 6
   RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... AZ_Leo 01-15-03 7
 RE: Confirmed that the men don't do... BaquaR13 01-15-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
>>He also suggested that separating the sexes only heightened the sexual tension. "It was like a mixer," added host Jeff Probst<<

Well, we know that MB & staff always try to hype sex because sex sells, but this does make sense. Instead of being "brothers & sisters" in a cooperative camp, listening to each other snore & fart while sleeping, these folks will only meet when they are are primed for competition. A more normal boy meets girl environment. And when the sexes merge they may see it as more of a 'sleep-over' situation than a 'family'.

The women could "distract" the testosterone pumped guys with bikinis ( and vice versa, I guess). Also the guys may be more inclined to grandstand during the challenges & make mistakes that way.

Swami
*Swami, still hoping for sex after 5 disappointments, and hoping it's the hottie guys who get nekkie, not the oldsters*

01-15-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
This could also explain the final 4 spoiler of 2 guys and 2 girls. With the merge, alliance takes on a whole new meaning we didn't see before (and frankly didn't want to with some of them).

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-15-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
Well men vs. women is going to be interesting to watch. It is a bit of a leap for this show, but one that is needed to maintain the ratings.

The second link to the canoe.ca site states that MB thinks that eventually there will be a Celebrity Survivor. That would be the worst Survivor ever, and I probably wouldn't even watch it. Even if they were able to get "A list" stars, I am not interested in watching celebrities survive on TV. I am sure it would be an abbreviated version and they would not suffer very much. PLEASE NO CELEBRITY SURVIVOR SEASONS - EVER. As far as having a Survivor with contestants from previous versions, I am OK with that.

01-15-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
Actually I think MB would want the celebrities to suffer as much if not more.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
LOL, Leo. I agree.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-16-03, 03:59 AM (EST)
9. "Hey Boilermaker..."
Are you a Purdue Pete?

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-15-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
Wow..they are basically screaming in this article that the women do indeed win the first challenge...do you guys think MB would give it away THAT easily..If Chill's spoilers hold true we have our biggest leak EVER for a survivor season

01-15-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
>do you guys think MB would give it away THAT easily

Without a doubt. I think his primary goal has nothing to do with the spoiling community (I doubt if he even cares about that anymore). He wants the first episode to be as high in the ratings as possible and get as many viewers away from Friends as he can. He and CBS are going to push the battle of the sexes thing as far as possible assuming it's going to bring in more viewers, especially that lovely prime demographic of 18-34 females who would love to see their peers kick these guys butts. You also can get those testosterone overloaded 18-34 males who may watch to gloat how if they were there they wouldn't lose to a bunch of girls. That's who most, if not all, previews will be targeted to.

I'm guessing we will also get lots of shots of guys without shirts whacking things with machetes, muscles rippling and the sweet young things in bikinis.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-15-03, 09:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Confirmed that the men don't do well in first challenge"
That Daniel fellow seems really cocky. I bet he is like that around the camp, all the more reason when the boy's LOSE even after he says "there is no way that is going to happen" he is the early boot.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •