The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 contestant - Janet Koth"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-03, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 contestant - Janet Koth"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Janet Koth

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Homemaker Krautboy 01-11-03 1
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet K... Booted 02-12-03 2
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet K... true 02-12-03 3
 RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet K... blacknwhitedog 02-13-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
1. "Homemaker"
Janet Koth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homemaker
Hometown:
Manchester, Missouri
(Photo: CBS)

Krautboy

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet Koth"
Don't know the credibility of this. GoAlphaGam posted it on Phoenix.

This is third-hand information, but I found out a few things that Janet told a friend about her experience on Survivor.

She said they all lost weight. They are given tampons but no toilet paper or soap, and she said they couldn't get into the water because of the snakes. She complained about the heat. She also said she is the first one to break down, but then everyone pretty much follows.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet Koth"
Janet is from my town. Our local news did an interview with her husband. Don't know if it holds any spoiler value, but here it is anyway.

Meet 'Survivor' contestant Janet Koth
02/12/2003

Reporter: Anne Steffens, News 4

(KMOV) -- 'Survivor: Amazon' contestant Janet Koth has been married to her husband, Kurt, for 23 years. They have two daughters, Kate and Natalie. News 4's Anne Steffens interviewed Kurt about Janet being a 'Survivor: Amazon' contestant.

Q: What did you say when Janet applied to 'Survivor?'

A: I said, 'Go for it!' But I also said, 'I think you're wasting your time.' And I said, 'You think they're really going to look at your tape out of 65,000 tapes?' But I said, 'If you want to, go ahead.' So she did.

Q: Had Janet watched 'Survivor?'

A: She started watching the first one, and I didn't have too much interest. She said, 'You really have got to watch this. It's really interesting...the relationships between the people and just the environment.' So I watched it one time and I got hooked, too. We've watched every episode ever since.

Q: But there's another reason she wanted to be on the show.

A: She went to a job fair where they were interviewing for a sales rep job. And she had always wanted to be a sales rep. So she went there all ready to interview and they told her that...basically, they told her she was too old. So that got her motivated. That was a few months prior to this, so she said, 'Well, I'll show them. I'm going to get on my favorite TV show.'

Q: Tell us about Janet.

A: She's very competitive. That's why she's on the show. She's very competitive. She's just a lot of fun. She's full of adventure. She's a very good mother and wife and really takes care of the family well. She's just a great person. She is an honest, good person.

I think she will do well because as we would watch the shows each episode, she would have it figured out. She'd know what certain people should do.

Q: She analyzed everybody's moves?

A: Oh yeah.

Q: What will be Janet's biggest challenge?

A: The only thing I thought she'd have trouble with is the environment, her endurance, but she really worked on that prior to going. She walked vigorously for an hour every day. It really did get her endurance up. We went camping a week before she left, and usually we'd go on hikes and she'd kind of be lagging behind, huffing and puffing, but this time she was right up there with me, and she wasn't breathing heavy at all.

Q: How else did she prepare?

A: We spent a lot of time in the hot tub talking about strategies and what it was going to be like and how she should react in certain situations. That was kind of fun.

Q: What advice did you give her?

A: Just be herself and keep it light as much as possible. We talked about alliances a little bit, when she should do that. I thought that she should get into an alliance early on because it seems like people who did get in one early on seemed to go the furthest. That didn't always hold true, but on most of the shows it seemed like it did.

I'm not following spoilers this season, but wanted to add this in case anyone is interested.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/kmov_entertainment_030212_survivorjanet.383a3d1.html

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly" - Mr. Krabs

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 6 contestant - Janet Koth"
Talked to someone from St. Louis (on a completely non-Survivor related message board) that turns out to be the neice of Janet Koth. She (the neice) wasn't too into Survivor but I'll try to see if she has any scoop on how Janet did.

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •