The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
Same source at Sucks.

Hmmmm what could this mean?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... Krautboy 11-26-02 1
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... GuessItRains 11-26-02 2
   Tidal height from SurvivorFever's w... forehead 11-26-02 4
   For you literary types: wepaxson 12-05-02 18
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... Q 11-26-02 3
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... mistofleas 11-26-02 5
   Brian and Clay Wacko Jacko 11-26-02 6
       RE: Brian and Clay Q 11-26-02 7
           RE: Brian and Clay steppingrazor42 11-26-02 11
           RE: Brian and Clay ADKer 12-07-02 19
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... frisky 11-26-02 8
   RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... smrtNsassybnkr 11-26-02 9
       RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... Q 11-26-02 10
           RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... Devious Weasel 11-26-02 13
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... samboohoo 11-26-02 12
 RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides ... okonkwo 11-26-02 14
   Multi-purpose Title... Krautboy 11-26-02 15
       RE: Multi-purpose Title... ShowMeTheWinner 12-05-02 17
 RE:Maybe CG's boat will float back ... janisella 11-27-02 16
   RE:Maybe CG's boat will float back ... dabo 12-07-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-02, 09:38 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
First impression: Jake goes in EP11, then the tides turn as Jan, Ted and Helen take control of the game and get rid of Clay...

Krautboy

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 09:46 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
Well it could mean a "turning point" in the game, as the 5 person Chewie alliance that dominated the game must now turn on each other.

It could also mean that Jake, having won immunity, now finds himself as a pivotal vote in a 2-2 split among the old Chewies, although I would consider that far less likely.

And it could be as simple as the tides, which we know have been unfavorable to the castaways, actually turning, depositing a bunch of crabs for them to eat after they have been starving for 34 days.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-26-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
4. "Tidal height from SurvivorFever's weather chart"
>Well it could mean a "turning point" in the game, as
>the 5 person Chewie alliance that dominated the game must
>now turn on each other.

I agree with this as well as Krautboy's post. However, I couldn't resist commenting on your last comment:

>And it could be as simple as the tides, which we
>know have been unfavorable to the castaways, actually turning, depositing
>a bunch of crabs for them to eat after they have been starving for 34 days.

Interestingly, on the weather chart at survivorfever, TC11 and the first day of Ep12 show the highest "tidal height". Starting Day 35 (2nd day of Ep12), the tidal height goes down...

Makes for a double meaning: CG5 turn on eachother and the tidal height turns as well.

forehead

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-05-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
18. "For you literary types:"
We have the double "T" sounds here, for some nice aliteration, which could point to "Ted" or could point to "Texas", take your pick. However, not since the "ARN" of the first episode have we had an obvious boot clue in a title. Just my 2 cents.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-26-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
To hedge my bets I think both of you make good points. It could point to Jake still being around and now being in a position to change the game, but the wording does not really imply that. I say this because would you refer to the tide turing for a single person. If Jake still had a "team" I would say this would be more of a possibility, but as an individual, I do not see the tide turning.

Krautboys comments in regards to the Brian/Clay/Ted power structure changing with the tides to bring number 4 and 5 Helen and Jan into the top three would definitely fit the title and the way things seem to be moving. We had Brian/Ted shoved down our guts all season, with Clay/Brian coming mid season, now we have to see the "next group" that will ultimitely take control of the votes and bring this baby home.

Later,

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
I'm sure they'd like us to belive that this means the tides are turning away from the supposedly dominate alliance of Brian and Clay and flowing to a less obvious alliance between Jake and one or more Chewies. The speculation that it's 1 CG and 1 SJ in the F2 would have to mean that Jake is in until the end, being the last Sook and all. I don't buy it.

While I do believe that Jake is around for one more TC - I don't believe he makes it past that.

The Ep titles have been revealing this season so it could be as I theorized above, however I'm going to watch the recrap for signs of "hidden" or "potential" alliances and come back to this thought later.

--has from the beginning, now and until the end believed that Brian and Helen are in cahoots

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-26-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
6. "Brian and Clay"
Dont buy it people. Brian is not as close with Clay as the last episode hinted. Brian is using Clay.

I still think Brian is closer with Ted.

11-26-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Brian and Clay"
But will that matter. The Brian/Ted alliance has been in our face since the beginning. This all depends on MBs editing style this season. Will he have handed us the Final Two since the first few episodes, or will Ted grow tired of being Brians alternate. I agree Brian will Drop Clay as soon as it becomes necessary for him to pander to Ted again, but by then will Ted have found "greener" pastures to feed from?

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-02, 02:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Brian and Clay"
I think Brian is playing both sides of the fence, Clay knows it and doesn't care because he's trying to do the same thing. I thhink the turning tide could be Helen becoming a force. All she has to do is realize Brian has her wrapped around her finger and she can boot both Ted and Brian easily. I really hope Helen steps up soon and see her full potential, otherwise she'll just be used and discarded.

The Brian/Ted alliance has been in our face for a long time, either MB is jst going to make us think it blows up on us by giving us the expected wrapped in the unexpected or Ted is going to realize Brian playing everyone and with helen and Jan's help give him the boot back to his psychotic wife.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-02, 05:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Brian and Clay"
From Brian's comments when he voted for Jake, I suspect that Brian may be most closely aligned with Clay. There was no basis for Brian's comments other than the controversy between Clay and Jake. Because Brian appears to see the matter in exactly the same way as Clay, I suspect a very close alliance betweent them.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
Well, it sounds similar to "The Winds Twist." Does anyone remember what that turned out to mean?

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-26-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
I also think this refers both to the Tides turning for Jake, and also a change in the alliances. I believe that if Jan and Helen want a chance to win, they HAVE to side with Jake and oust the boys....otherwise they will be # 4 and 5. If they allign with Jake, they actually have a chance! I truly hope the final 2 are Jake and Jan.

11-26-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
I agree that they could side with Jake to take out one of the boys, but WOULD they. Once Jake is gone, cannibilizing themselves is not an option, it is a must.

They do not NEED JAKE to take out one of the Boys, all they need is Brian and Clay to take out Ted, Brian an Ted to take out Clay, or Clay and Ted to take out Brian.

Jake can either go along for the ride, not needed for the plan to work, or will be gone by then anyway. There are many ways for Jan and Helen to move up the pecking order without Jakes help, and IMO Helen knows that.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
I agree that they would not want to side with Jake. He has three sure votes sitting on the jury, and as such is too dangerous. Therefore, the first time Jake doesn't win IC, he should be gone.

Further, they do not need him. Jan and Helen don't need help taking out one of the boys, they need to make a final three alliance with one of the boys. To me, Ted is the most viable candidate, primarily because he is the most trustworthy. If Ted became convinced that Brian and, to a lesser extent, Clay were using him, he wouldn't hesitate to switch sides. This could make for another level of tide turning, seeing it turn from favoring those who have been playing deceitfully (Clay and Brian) to those who are playing more straightforwardly (Ted, Helen, and Jan).

I think we will see the tide start to turn next week when Clay takes the walk...

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
Brian's kingdom has been thrown in our faces a lot. I think it's time for the women to roar.

Clay goes in 11, Brian in 12. Jake is being kept for the endgame.

okonkwo 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-26-02, 06:19 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep12 (Dec 12) Title: The Tides Are Turning"
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-02 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

Last episode wasnt there a part where all the women were in the water saying how deep it was and how they were so close to the shore but up to their arms in water. Maybe the tide goes out and the water becomes shallow? Why else would they include that part it really didnt have any signifigance, I didnt even remember it until I saw this thread.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
15. "Multi-purpose Title..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-02 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

The episode titles are usually selected to work at many levels. EP12 is no exception.

1. The literal tide which, as mentioned, was a topic of discussion as it related to gathering food, will probably receed.

2. The tide of power, will turn to the Jury, made up of all Sook Jai, if Jake gets the boot in EP11.

3. The tide will turn as the remaining Chuay Gahn tribe will be forced to turn on one of their own, if Jake leaves in EP11.

4. The tide of power will turn within the Chuay Gahn tribe without Jake, as Helen finds herself together with Ted and Jan, able to dethrone King Brian and his Court Jester.

The power shift within the Chuay Gahn is the most interesting to me. Helen seemed to be the least uncomfortable with her place in the tribe (besides Jake) to the point where she considered Jakes offer of an alliance for a moment. I don't believe she will make her move in EP11, but after Jake is gone, she is the most likely to act.

The hidden alliance of Ted and Jan, together with Helen, will have the power to turn the tides away from Clay...once Clay is gone, Brian can only last as long as his immunity run...

Krautboy

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-05-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Multi-purpose Title..."
>The hidden alliance of Ted and
>Jan, together with Helen, will
>have the power to turn
>the tides away from Clay

I don't think there is a hidden alliance between Ted, Jan, and Helen. I recall hearing Helen say that it was very difficult to get close to Ted because he seems to be of the type who'd be much closer to the guys than the girls-- something about Ted having the personality of a macho, washed-up ex-footballer. If the game's power structure were to be shaken up, I don't think it was because of Ted's hidden alliance with the girls. I think it would be because Jake finally manages to convince the underdogs about the pecking order, or because Ted felt threatened enough by Clay's position (his insistence of booting Penny over Jake shows how threatened Ted could feel), or because Clay's actions rubbed some people the wrong way-- and maybe that's where the clue for episode 11 came from, "Fallout from Tribal Council inspires harsh words from one castaway, causing others to criticize the outburst".

Not having a very good spoiling season this time though so I'm probably wrong

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE:Maybe CG's boat will float back in"
and it will be a reunion for Ted and his old friend.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-02, 07:16 PM (EST)
20. "RE:Maybe CG's boat will float back in"
LOL. Obviously it means a new power, like say if Magilla teams up with Betsie and Chuaygal in a take-over of the game!

Actually, I think Krautboy pretty much covered it. Four SJ in the jury, three CG to join them, and CG now has no option but to cannibalize themselves. Possibly if the actual tide goes out and the food situation becomes less drastic, that could negatively impact on the camp contributors (Helen, Jan) by making the endgame more about politics than productivity (which was basically a lie all along anyway, at least on Brian's part).

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •