The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Editing of Mark "DA Devil" Burnett -- a case for Rudy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-17-00, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Editing of Mark "DA Devil" Burnett -- a case for Rudy"
The Editing of Mark "DA Devil" Burnett

The out come is a forgone conclusion, the events all happened in the past. The main and only control MB has over the show is the Editing and perceptions he spoon feeds the American/Canadian public. We have seen since episode 1, out of sequence events, illogical timelines, editing blunders, and false information.

The Public perception of the eventual winner has changed a multitude of times. There was the Gretchen, Gerv-x, Colleen, Sean, and Rudy "bandwagoniers". With the outcome being a foregone conclusion, to make statements such as "Rudy can't win because of too much popularity" or red herring is a stretch. At this point there are only 4 left. Susan, Kelly, Richard, Rudy. Prior to my Lurking and Internet activity I was a Rudy fan. There were not many Rudy followers. There has been little support in the camps of any of these final Survivors. To throw out Rudy as the sole survivor because everyone expects him to win is a bad logic trap! The evidence or lack their of, can lead us on 4 different paths. The interview blunders by Booted castaways could still be part of MB's manipulation however. Both Dirk and Gervase used the male " HE" pronoun in recent interview about the final winner. Gerv also implied Sue would not win when he made a reference about not liking SUE and that her strategy like his, "didn’t work". We have a Statement that Rich did not win from a National Geographic Article and the infamous child Abuse article about his 45k winnings going towards legal fees. We have the Sue tidbit about making enough money to not work for 3 years and he moving to a new community and building a house. There were sound bites of Jenna not liking the final winner pick or some reference to imply that.

Rich tidbits - did not win national geographic article, & reports after child abuse
Sue tidbits- won enough money to not work for 3 years, did Wisconsin proud, Husband makes winner comment
Kelly-- there has been no leaks except her past legal problems and her health issues
Rudy-- no leaks, but the potential red herring of too much popularity of winning

How do we use this information? Rich and Sue don't win? The " he" slip ups could lead to Rudy. The lack of Information and Kelly's hiatus since her return to the U.S, could be either she won or trying to avoid all the negative publicity about her troubles with the law.

A strong case for a RUDY win is there. However there are still 3 TC's and 2 IC and the way the chips fall is anybody's guess.

The "shocking" MB Statment could imply anything. A old man wins or a lawbreaker wins!! I don't trust anything from DA DEVIL .

Thoughts?

BA

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Editing of Mark "DA Devil" ... finner 08-17-00 1
   Exactly, finner BadAs 08-17-00 2
       Bump, for AK BadAs 08-18-00 3
           RE: Bump, for AK AyatollahKhomeini 08-18-00 4
               Jenna Quote was not a "HE" it was a... BadAs 08-18-00 5
 This quaint obsession with "him" ..... RavinDave 08-18-00 6
   very good point!! BadAs 08-18-00 7
       RE: very good point!! champagne_supernova 08-18-00 8
           C-nova don't take any offense by th... BadAs 08-18-00 9
               RE: C-nova don't take any offense b... castaway 08-18-00 10
           RE: very good point!! RavinDave 08-18-00 11
               You must be an English teacher!:) castaway 08-18-00 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-00, 08:33 PM (EST)
1. "RE: The Editing of Mark "DA Devil" Burnett -- a case for Rudy"
Good post Badas.
I've been in the Rich corner from the beginning, and while the bandwagon has grown, we're still a minority. Right now it's pretty much anyones ballgame except for maybe Sue's. I just can't see her winning in the final vote against anybody. There's a ton of evidence on why certain people can't win and why people will win. Whether you believe any of it is another matter.
When MB and others have thrown out statements like "the winner will shock you" and such, you can make a statement about how this pertains to all 16 survivors that started the game. I don't take much credence in these generalized statements. So what do we got...Not Much. We can make speculations on psycholgy, and thought processes of certain survivors, but when you throw in the ammunity challenges, this makes it extremely diffucult. I guess all we can do is form certain scenarios about the outcome, but like a house of cards, they can easily come crashing down.

08-17-00, 08:46 PM (EST)
2. "Exactly, finner "
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-00 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-17-00 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

I tried to use logic, as well as others have in our false Sue boot scenerio. ANTI-BA flamed me hard for that one . The house of cards and the IC's as you state makes it anyones guess.

The most recent theory I can give weight to, is the Access Hollywood theory, since AH is owned by NBC. I am NOT 100 % sure where that leads us (Kelly winning I think) but it has merit as a theory. (AK, Me-Lisa,) and others have provided reasonable logic and is definitly something to explore.

finner, I would like to see more of your posts and thoughts.

BA

08-18-00, 02:37 AM (EST)
3. "Bump, for AK"

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-18-00, 03:13 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bump, for AK"
Thanks. I hadn't read this post. The "he" evidence is even more suspicious if Jenna said it too, as ss.com reports. And the Gervase and Dirk quotes seem to be dropped in (I haven't seen the context of what Jenna supposedly said), unlike Gervase's quote about Susan, when he said that she hadn't approved of his strategy, but, well, her strategy didn't work either ... uhh, I mean my strategy didn't work. And both of Stacey's blunders have sounded real, because she's been talking about the people when she said them. But these quotes don't sound real.

Rich didn't win, and Susan didn't win: a given.

"He" won? Show me. Remember Rudyrox's EXCELLENT research last week on the voice-recognition company (Protonesis?) being a shell? The Rudy action figure? MB's getting his last GervaseX.

If I'm wrong, the Anti-AK flame will be something to behold. Like you, I promise to start the thread myself!

08-18-00, 03:51 AM (EST)
5. "Jenna Quote was not a "HE" it was a "THE""
I saw this live on Early show. Gumble asked if Jenna liked the eventual winner. Jenna hesitated, and implied she didn't like the eventual winner. No genger reference. (this was all a paraphrase and my recollection of the what happened 3 weeks ago)

I didn't see any of the "HE" comments and you informed me in an earlier post that they all came out about the say time. This week or last week!!

the Potonesis thing
being a long time Lurker, I too looked into this thing. There website has made a remarkable "transformation" for minor league HTML to a now Professional looking site. True, the Number for company is not registered on any Trace info, 411 etc. I don't put much weight in it either as being a legitamate organization.

The Rudy doll. Again in my Lurker days the first and only source I saw of the RUDY DOLL was on the sarcastic summaries on Mighty big TV. The doll is suggested real early in the reviews, well prior to the BS that was reported as MB making a DOLL. URban MYTH????

http://www.mightybigtv.com/index.html?/survivor/index.asp&0

TANGENT *** TANGENT****
HOLY CRAP!!!
GO there NOW, is that a picture of wigglesworth on the top left corner. IT has been there since week 2, that I have been reading their witty summaries (spoiler?) I alawys saw the pic but never gave it a second thought.

See how we interate the most minute peices of crap!!

I lost my train of thought, after getting the URl and seeing a potential pic of the "wiggle-one"

OH well BA

RavinDave 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 08:24 AM (EST)
6. "This quaint obsession with "him" ...."
>"Both Dirk and Gervase used the male " HE" pronoun
>in recent interview about the final winner."

This isn't pointed at you, BadAs -- Your post simply gives me an opportunity to voice my amusement at many who have seized upon these various blunders (ie: the accidental use of "him") and are clinging to them with such tenacity; imagining they have found a definitive clue. This is to be expected, I suppose, given the lack of bona fide spoilers at this point. And though it is quite likely that a male will win this, it is really silly to base one's guess on such flimsy evidence.

A phrase which sounds like: "I wish him well" could just as easily be: "I wish'em well" (with the neutral and non-gender-specific word "them" elided). Even if they actually said "him" or "he" (which appears debatable), that is linguistically insignificant, since there are times when conversational English allows for such ambiguous usage (thanks to the fact that we lack a word meaning "him or her" and generally default to "him" in rapid speech).

In short: it is a poor barometer getting way too much attention.

08-18-00, 08:43 AM (EST)
7. "very good point!!"
I also awhile back when first hearing of a "HIM" thought of "em", but since I give little weight to Post Booted interviews I never elaborated. Nor could I have done it with your eloquence!!!

Please Post more of your thoughts and start a thread. I look forward to seeing them

BA (T-5 hours til beach for a week)

champagne_supernova 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-18-00, 10:00 AM (EST)
8. "RE: very good point!!"
I am responsible for the Dirk referring to the winner as a male post. I never said that it was accurate, only that it happened. I just thought that it could possibly be pertinent information. At this point in the game, I'm very skeptical about any "spoilers" that pop up, but I'm still interested in reading them.

08-18-00, 10:05 AM (EST)
9. "C-nova don't take any offense by the post"
All posts are welcome. The is the Pagong Message board!!

Keep your post a' flowing!!

BA

castaway 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 10:15 AM (EST)
10. "RE: C-nova don't take any offense by the post"
OK, I'm gonna flow somemore... how could so many 'HE' slip ups occur? I don't think they were told to do that. Even if you think it might have been an "em", it sounds like more were pretty close to the mark with a definate "him." I know this is thot of as a petty thing to dwell on, but slips of the tongue are about the only way those people are going to blunder the 'winner' info. In their minds they know who won & surely when they talk to people about this, that's what is going thru their head. How could they not help but let a 'HE' slip out when thinking about the winner if it really is a HE? ~flow~flow~flow~

RavinDave 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 10:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: very good point!!"
>I am responsible for the Dirk
>referring to the winner as
>a male post. I
>never said that it was
>accurate, only that it happened.
> I just thought that
>it could possibly be pertinent
>information.

Please believe me ... I mean no offense. I'm not even dismissing it out of hand (it might very well be accurate). The "silly people" I made reference to are those imagining that it is a slam-dunk clue -- that it is self-evident and not open to interpretation. "He" = "he", "his" = "his" and that's that. I meant only to show that it is by no means cut and dried.

See, those people (and I've dealt with several) are basing their entire argument on those slips. That's what I'm attempting to guard against. If you (or anyone) does consider it a valid clue, then by all means use it -- as "supporting evidence". But don't use it as the entire foundation of an argument. It's more shakey than it appears at first blush and needs to be weighted accordingly.

castaway 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-18-00, 12:09 PM (EST)
12. "You must be an English teacher!:)"
I also value your skepticism RD & by no means think that these possible blunders are 'written in stone' clues, just another means by which to look for them. Not only should we look at the logical clues, but the psychological ones as well. The mind-set of the booted players has to be carrying the image of the winner with them mentally, & surely when referring to "him/her/em" they visualize the winner as they speak. Short of grabbing at straws, I think right now we want to explore every possible piece of evidence as we wind our way thru the maze of perplexity that this 'game' has turned into. Hopefully every piece of the puzzle will have it's own merit & provide insight for some conclusion as to who wins the frigging million dollars!
(thanxs for da grins ya left me BA)

And RD, please continue. I love reading your posts, which are certainly challenging MY gray matter!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •