The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP10 IC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-17-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP10 IC"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-02 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

I'm no Bungler, but in an effort to keep all the IC stuff together...

Copied these vidcaps from SFever...I also inserted the SFever speculation for reference.

VoiceOver:
VO: 5 Survivor episodes left.
VO: What happens when the castaways play a game where the winner gets to snuff out the losers torch?
Jake: It's not over til the fat lady sings but I think I hear her warming up.
Ted: <humming>

VO: 5 Survivor episodes left.

VO: What happens when the castaways play a game where the winner gets to snuff out the losers torch?

SF Speculation..."Survivors arrive at night time Immunity Challenge."

SF Speculation..."Jan snuffing a torch or celebrating having her torch to be the last one left that is lit?"

SF Speculation..."Survivors standing with 3 torches. Each contestant will have 3 chances. Most contestants appear to still have all 3 torches lit. Penny is walking to snuff out a torch."

Jake: It's not over til the fat lady sings but I think I hear her warming up.

Ted: <humming>

Definately this seasons version of the "coconut challenge". Should be telling...

Looks like a safe bet that a Chuay Gahn wins Immunity. The Sook Jai are just simply out numbered in this type of challenge. Will any alliances be revealed or are the Chuay Gahn all safe enough that they can let someone else win to keep their alliances hidden?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Truedorktimes speculation Krautboy 11-17-02 1
   RE: Truedorktimes speculation KLicK 11-17-02 2
       RE: Truedorktimes speculation erikman 11-17-02 3
 RE: EP10 IC okonkwo 11-17-02 4
 RE: EP10 IC snoocharoo 11-18-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-17-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
1. "Truedorktimes speculation"
For reference, and to save us from having to reinvent the wheel, here's the speculation from TDT, a respected spoiler. We can shoot holes in this theory or build on it as we see fit...

Immunity challenge: Torch snuffing - Jan wins?

CBS appears to be playing along again this week. The web promo features shots from the start, and seemingly the end, of the IC. The challenge itself appears to be a dumbed-down version of the successful coconut-dropping challenge from Marquesas, in which the Rotu Four's intentions to dump Neleh and Paschal at the final five and six were revealed. In this version, there's even less symbolism for the contestants to think through, since they are directly snuffing each other's torches. There appear to be three per player. Jan is shown approaching a single torch, with the snuffer in her left hand, and the scene closes with a left-handed person snuffing a torch (below, in the boot discussion). Seeing as Jan is perhaps the least likely to be targeted by anyone, this should perhaps not be surprising. Jan wins?

Krautboy

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-17-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Truedorktimes speculation"
I'm really hoping there's a little "twist" to the challenge that may allow Penny and Jake a chance.

"The winner gets to snuff the loser's torch" -- each person gets to challenge another in some sort of quick mental test. Winner gets to put out the loser's torch. So let's say Brian decides to challenge Jake and Jake wins. Brian is down to two torches. Jake challenges Ted and Jake wins. Ted is down to two torches (etc).

That way -- if Penny/Jake is able to win the "mini-challenge" -- she/he could stay in the game. Sure, they'd be more likely to be "challenged", but at least they'd have a chance.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-17-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Truedorktimes speculation"
jan is the best one to win that type of challange. no alliance would be revealed with her win. she looks like she is by herself, so no roto 4

okonkwo 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: EP10 IC"
I know this doesnt have much spoiler value but I have to share. In that one cap where Jan is walking toward a torch doesnt her walk remind you of those "stiff legs out" walk the survivors had in that lame survivor interactive game? Sorry, but I had to tell someone.

Ok, what I really wanted to say is that in individual immunity challenges dont they usually show the winner in the challenge? I remember in Marquesas the one week where Vee won the sling shot challenge, and that all we had to go on was a shot of her standing with a sling shot and the fact that she was in the air force and might have good aim. Does that usually hold through with most individual immunity challenges? The winner is shown in a shot of the challenge?

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: EP10 IC"
Wow Krautboy this is really telling and should prove interesting to see if it plays out like the Coconut Conspiracy.

Some have been speculating on Jan's alliances. It's been speculated that is she a lame duck riding the coattails of Brian and Ted's alliance, but she has also been seen as close with Jake and comiserating with the women. So where do her loyalties lie and will she be smart enough NOT to expose them ala Rotu 4.

I mentioned this in another thread but I'll give the shortened version here. IMVHO, I believe there WILL be a gender division within the tribe. If Jan wins IC and is aligned in some way with Helen, Brian,and Ted then that leaves Clay as the odd man in CG.

Jake and Penny are probably a bit steamed with Clay for not voting in their block to boot Ted. The CG's know that someone planted the Ted seed so now there is suspicion within the CG's, and I bet Jake will out Clay to Brian and Brian will let the others know of his tickery and Clay will be sent packing.

The tribe will be 3 female-vs-3 male (just in time to leave us in ample suspense for the T-day recap). Penny and Jake may have a falling out and Jake goes with his boys and Penny sides with the ladies. How it goes from there I can't begin to speculate.

Jan and Penny's choices in this IC are very important clues as to alliances revealed.

Snoocharoo

"you went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey. Be cheerful, fit in or someone might think you're weird"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •