The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-08-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
What has happened to the Reward Challenge? Anyone hear anything to indicate that there won't be any Reward Challenges this year?

The thing I found most shocking at last night's episode is the disappearance of the RC. As the losing tribe walked to TC last night, I realized that there was no way they could oust there strongest body and felt stupid for picking Ken to go. However, no one even mentioned the loss of the RC during the episode. I found that to be very strange.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What has happened to the Reward... Devious Weasel 11-08-02 1
   RE: What has happened to the Reward... californiablonde 11-08-02 2
 RE: What has happened to the Reward... Brownroach 11-08-02 3
 RE: What has happened to the Reward... OceanSkater 11-08-02 4
 RE: What has happened to the Reward... big idiot 11-08-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
1. "RE: What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
Personally, I figured the Reward Challenge was so boring they chose not to show it. Which considering how boring this season has been, means it must have been REALLY boring.

californiablonde 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
2. "RE: What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
My best guess was that MB avoided the reward challenge to prevent reward sharing. If one team won a reward, they would probably end up sharing it with their "beach mates" out of political correctness.

Although, the reward could have been consumed at a different location, which blows this theory.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
I would chalk up the (temporary) lack of a reward challenge to the logistics of their current living situation. There was no RC last week either, though they all got a ton of food when they moved in together. In this Ep, having to hang out together after the IC caused enough weird vibes that I don't think either tribe was even thinking about an RC.

Which just points all the more in the direction of a merge next week, IMO. The "news from home" is usually a reward thingie, no?

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
4. "RE: What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
The RC was won by the audience. Our reward was that the show was kept under sixty minutes.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: What has happened to the Reward Challenge? "
Esquire, great question, my curiosity also.

I don't think there is any spoiler value here, but trying to understand the editing of Survivor is always good practice.

I think the truth will be revealed in Erin's web chat, until then:

Possibilities:

1) Reward happened, but Survivors messed up somehow and so they clipped it. I doubt this, the producers love it when the survivors look like idiots.

2) No reward challenge. No reason to not schedule one. Or perhaps they could not assemble it in time, or it was preassembled and it blew down, or something of the ilk.

3) It was a boring challenge and not good tv, so they edited it out. <I fell out of my chair laughing while typing that...boring challenges has not stopped them before>

4) Jeff Probst got so angry during the challenge his prostate blew out and soiled his pants. Edited out to save face for Host.

Here is my favorite candidate:

5) Reward happened but the producers screwed up the logistics, so there was controversy over the rules/winner. It was edited out so the PRODUCERS don't look like idiots. Yeah, I like that one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •