The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-19-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
The new National Enquirer has a detailed article on Penny's wedding. It is reported that she did not win the Million Dollars, she just lost 10 lbs and the survivors that were at the wedding were Erin, Jed and Clay. I remember reading a thread a while ago on another board from someone who knew someone who was at the wedding. They said that Erin, Jed, Ken and Jake were at the wedding.

The Enquirer was right in their Ghandia story so maybe paratrooper's Penny is the winner is not "on the money"

The following reprints of the article are from

http://www.survivorfever.net/pennys-wedding.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... ZJ 10-19-02 1
   RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... Loree 10-19-02 2
       RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... SaphireLady 10-19-02 5
       RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... Brownroach 10-21-02 7
           RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... Wacko Jacko 10-22-02 12
   RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... SurvivorBlows 10-19-02 4
       RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... SurvivinDawg 10-21-02 8
           RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... Bebo 10-21-02 9
               RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... true 10-21-02 10
           RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... starshyn99 10-21-02 11
 RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not... Drive My Car 10-19-02 3
 Penny Not Winner, nor Clay big idiot 10-21-02 6
 back to doubting big idiot 10-23-02 13
 What about Jed.. PhillyBrat 10-24-02 14
   RE: What about Jed.. Q 10-24-02 15
 Debunked! sweetpea 11-04-02 16
   RE: Debunked! OceanSkater 11-05-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
1. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Apparently, I choose to read this article with a pinch of salt. I'm more inclined to believe another board member who said Ken, Jake, Erin and Jed went. Clay? That seems out of place. Even if they merge, I don't think they will interact much post merge. The article excluded Jake, which was what that made me not believe the article so much. Penny and Jake were so close in S5 that it would be unimaginable if Jake wasn't invited.

Anyway the article says that she got married few weeks after coming back, on the assumption that she was probably voted off. But we all know that the show ended and they all came back together except for Tanya.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
2. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
We always take everything the NE says with a grain of salt. We could assume that both Penny and Clay make the merge and become friendly. Clay may have relatives near Penny's home town or something. Who knows?

I think it would seem odd that Jake wouldn't be there also since they are both from Texas and seem close. But then one of them could stab the other in the back later in the game. Although I doubt that. Jed seemed upset that Penny lied to him about who to vote for and yet he showed up at her wedding. So Jake and Ken were probably there too.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-19-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
5. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Clay is originally from the Dallas area, a ex-texan if you will. The part of the pelican state, sorry can never spell that darn state's name, is not far away. So it would not be unusual or far fetched for Clay to be at the wedding. Come on people, LL people chat and the jury people chat together and they all have experieced this together, we have seen from other shows that they end up, usually, being friends. So, don't diss Clay about this one. On the other hand, Jake and Jeb and Erin are also from Texas. That is the question. Where are any of the other people. Was she really not as liked as you think? Only the locals, basicly, came to the wedding.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 12:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
I think Jake would be there, too. The Enquirer may have mixed the names up -- Jake, Clay, two 4-letter names with a long "a" sound, they're both from the South, etc.

Heck, even people on this board were mixing them up for awhile.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-22-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Maybe Penny stabs Jake in the back. You don't know.

maybe the Enquirer left Jakes name out by mistake. Maybe the source did not mention jake.

Personally I don't see why Clay couldn't be invited to the wedding and make the finals.

Couldn't you see Vee invite Paschal to her wedding. Or if Ethan got married couldn't he invite Teresa. You can't assume because Penny don't make the finals that Clay don't either. the logic makes no sense.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
4. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
>Apparently, I choose to read this article with a pinch of
>salt. I'm more inclined to believe another board member who
>said Ken, Jake, Erin and Jed went. Clay?

Well, remember the article said "among" the guests. Perhaps both lists are subsets of the full list of survivor attendees.

It should be noted that CLAY'S attendance wouldn't be THAT BIG a surprise -- according to Mapquest, it's a five hour drove from Monrow, LA to Plano, TX and the odds are pretty good that Clay and Penny will spend some time together in the game, so I don't see why it's surprising that Clay and his wife might attend the wedding. Clay was even born and raised in Texas, so they might have also made a weekend out of it and visited some other possible family relatives one the trip.

-SB

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Agree with Webby.

In fact, don't make a big deal AT ALL about who is and isn't on that "guest list".

1) Penny's bridesmaid might not have remembered all of the names of the other Survivors she met during that day.
2) At Tammy's wedding, many of her Survivor peeps were there, including Paschal (all the way from Georgia, mind you!). So I wouldn't be surprised to find out that many Survivors went to Penny's wedding.

I'm taking the rest of this with a grain of salt:
1) While Penny probably makes the jury, just how deep into the game she went cannot be accurately determined through this article.
2) The article said that Penny went far BECAUSE she kept her personal life a secret. Huh? How is that going to advance her any? As if the others are thinking "Penny's going to get married when she gets home, so let's vote her off for that reason!" Uh, no I'm not quite seeing that.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
2) The article said that Penny went far BECAUSE she kept her personal life a secret. Huh? How is that going to advance her any?

An engaged woman keeping her engagement a secret could use her sexuality to get ahead.

However, we have no evidence to this point suggesting that Penny does this.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
>2) The article said that Penny
>went far BECAUSE she kept
>her personal life a secret.
> Huh? How is
>that going to advance her
>any?

>
>An engaged woman keeping her engagement
>a secret could use her
>sexuality to get ahead.
>
>However, we have no evidence to
>this point suggesting that Penny
>does this.
>
>

I took this to mean that Penny hid her fairy tale like life. She didn't want anyone to think she didn't need the money.

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
My first thought for her keeping her personal life secret is the fallen comrades quiz or a similar "how well do you know your fellow survivors" like thing. I think that is what is meant in the article about using personal information against them.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-02, 12:56 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New Enquirer Article--Penny Not Winner"
Thanks for the share Sweetpea. It sounds like they got the information from Penny's friend Amber. Saying she goes far but doesn't win could be exactly right. Whether Jake was there or not doesn't stand out as much to me as Clay being there. I guess they got to know each other after the merge. For all we know she invited everyone and only a few came, or only a few were mentioned in the article.

I know people don't give the Enquirer a lot of credit, but hey they were right about OJ wearing Bruno Magli shoes.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 01:34 AM (EST)
6. "Penny Not Winner, nor Clay"
First, the doubt:
It has been mentioned elsewhere that National Geographic had an article during S1 stating that Richard Hatch was not the winner. Perhaps, like cicadas and locusts, this trick 'hatches' every so many years.

But, knowing that, I still believe it. So Penny and Clay had bonding time in the Jury (I don't believe it was during game play - too risky of appearing like creating counter-alliances).

Solid Interpretations:
1) Penny not winner, not in final 2
2) Clay not winner, not in final 2
3) Neither in Loser Lodge

Loose interpretations:
1) Neither are in Final Four - I believe they may need a fair amount of bonding time in the Jury.
2) Final Four = Ted, Helen, Jan, Brian. I think this may make sense because all you need is Helen, Jan and Brian voting him out because he does not need the money.

BI

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
13. "back to doubting"
OK, someone at NE is going to get a fat raise.

Here is why:
NE does not need any inside information to make their opening statement, "...didn't win the 1 million...", and has no fear of being sued.

If they are correct and Penny did (does) not win, then there is nothing to sue them for, what they printed was correct, and their source (or the fact that they don't have one for that statement) could be protected by state shield laws (legal eagles can chatter about malice vs libel vs defamation vs first amendment, beyond me).

If Penny does win, then you have published a false statement, but no malice to CBS, it actually helps them.

So if Penny didn't win, it would be a hard case for CBS to make against them.

If Penny did (does) win, then CBS should thank them for free and potentially effective misdirection.

My latest take anyway.

I'll probably waffle again.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 07:51 AM (EST)
14. "What about Jed.."
OK here's my last minuit thinking about this!... Could Jed and Penny had time to bond at LL?? Out of all the people she "invited" JED?? Dosent make sence if she "backstabed" him in the game.. There could be more to this than meets the eye... But like I said its a LAST minuit Thought...

And then there were none....

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 09:17 AM (EST)
15. "RE: What about Jed.."
I agree with the posts stating that they were "amoung" the guests.

Previous Survivor Cast Members have bonded with opposing tribemembers and former adversaries (not all, but a lot of them). Mainly because they shared common experiences and I know that I would want to find out from "other" tribe members how there game played out compared to mine.

Also, Penny may be "PLAYING" this game dark and strategically, but it is a game, IRL she is most likely very sweet and easy to like, so I can easily see her inviting most of the cast, if not all of them to the event.

What we were given was a partial list of attendees, not the whole list.

Again, just agreeing with other posters.

D.R.

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-02, 10:02 AM (EST)
16. "Debunked!"
Well, since I posted this here orginally, I thought I would point out that it is not accurate. It says that Penny didn't tell anyone about her personal life,but the video on CBS of Erin and Ted shows Erin telling Ted about Penny's upcoming wedding.

So, we can go back to considering PT's claim that Penny is the winner LOL

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-05-02, 08:55 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Debunked!"
The last episode surely blew that theory all to hell!

At all the contestants home publications, not one of them will divulge whether they won or NOT, under strict instructions from the producers. If you go to any of the contestants's media links, everyone is very tight lipped. So I'd have to say the NE article is worthless, they don't know if she won or not, and they have no idea who the guests were, and the wedding was NOT kept secret (unless that part was edited in by MB after the NE came out to really screw with us, because that did come out of nowhere from Erin)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •