The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jed's Interview On SNN"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-02, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jed's Interview On SNN"
Here is the link to the complete interview: It is very good into the tribal dynamics.

http://survivornews.net/article.php?id=126

Some interesting comments:

Beth: Ken sat out a lot of the challenges. Was he unable to swim?

Jed: Ken was there to play the game and had a different strategy than I did. He would have been considered a threat, so it seemed to me he didn't want to do anything to get noticed. He did not seem to try very hard in his paddling in the first challenge and he refused to swim in the Lotus Challenge making Erin and poor Penny swim because he said his back hurt. When he sat out the Pyramid Challenge, I could not believe it. Steph, Robb and I obviously were wondering what the deal was with our strong young team. As for being able to swim, I am not quite sure because when Robb and I would go out bodysurfing he would stay up in the fort.

Beth: Please describe your fellow castaways:

Erin is an amazingly thoughtful person. She has such a sweet innocent demeanor about her that draws you towards her. She was too much of a follower of Penny and the group though to really get to know her true self in the game. Erin was always caring about other people's feelings and never wanted to make any statements that would be controversial. The great thing about her was when she got really excited about something it resonated throughout the other members of Sook Jai. This open personality was refreshing and made it enjoyable to get to know her.

Ken- Ha!!! This guy is comical. He wakes everyone up the first night because he is scared something crawled by his foot. Then he is scared of these bugs so proceeds to persuade everyone to build a floor of bumpy bamboo off the ground before the roof. He is definitely strong-willed and wants things done his way. The best memories I have of Ken are sitting around letting him tell stories of what he is going to eat when he gets home and the guys that shoot at him at work. He definitely has an imagination and paints a great vivid picture when telling a story. I think we butted heads mainly over the priorities and duties which in turn caused us to be divided. Sitting out of the challenges irritated me and I lost a lot of respect for his strategy at that point of the game.

Shii Ann was always trying a little too hard to play politician. Her abrasive comments caused friction amongst the tribe members and at times it seemed she was trying to get pity from everyone. I kind of felt she had a chip on her shoulder that unfortunately was guiding her actions a little too hard, and the game was forming who she was instead of being herself. To your face she would be sweet, but little did you know "her horns" were in your back, as she had said earlier. She did go get some leaves and made a conscious effort to look productive which was nice. I am sorry to see that she wasn't able to do the simple logic problem for immunity "in her sleep" as she stated she could earlier, maybe because it is easier said after the fact than actually doing it.

Basically on the island. Penny was the sweetheart next door. The only problem was that she happened to be everyone's sweetheart next door. The innocent face and charm she has makes it hard not to believe her. She was a bubble of excitement to talk when we would be hanging out, but was still caught up in the group dynamics which altered her personality. She was a doll and would always be willing to help out when you asked her to. She had a gentle spirit, but while I was there, wasn't much help usually in the challenges. ;)

"Papa Jake" ..Well he reminds me of a Grandpa that tells old war stories and tells everyone that they are terrific. He is a genuinely nice guy that always tried to be positive and an encourager. His slow and kind nature draws people to him which showed in the game with him starting to be the ring leader amongst the "fort dwellers". He would lead pep talks, but always certain to arrange it in a way that he would always speak last. During pep talks, he seemed to always throw in there that Steph or I were pillars of strength and the leaders of the tribe, setting us up for the ax, as I would later come to realize. He was fun to get to know and a delight to sit around the camp fires and listen to. Jake had many stories of his outdoorsman adventures way back when, but they didn't seemed to ever come out due to his strategy of not wanting to stick out or be noticed

My though when reading this: When did Jed hear Jake's stories if they didn't come out at the campfire? Perhaps at Loser Lodge?

Beth: What did you, Robb and Stephanie have against Shii Ann?

Jed: Shii Ann was like a little school girl that would run around to everyone spreading gossip or her version of alliances forming. She would put on the pity act and cry about how mean everyone was being to her. Everyone was wise to her game plan and so it made her stick out like a sore thumb when she was off kissing up. Some of her comments made us laugh hysterically.

Shii Ann was just too fake, but individual voting strategy comes into play on the island more than who you can get along with . .
Beth: Stephanie mentioned in her CBS chat that Jake was the definite leader of the Sook Jai tribe. Jake seemed very sad to see you go. Were you surprised when he voted for you?

Jed: Jake was chief in his own mind as was everyone else. Never does anyone who is actually still on the island believe someone is in control of their destiny. Everyone is playing out the game in their head and playing their own strategy to win the million dollars. Jake's strategy, via Steph, was that he wanted to kick off the threats and keep the weak. In a conversation in the jungle with him, he asked me if I felt threatened by Ken or Steph and if I thought we should get rid of them before the merge. I unfortunately told him I did not see Ken as any kind of threat and I wanted to be surrounded by people in the end that make it fun and got there by pulling their own weight. Jake and I got to share many stories about our lives and I think his strategy might have conflicted with the relationships that he was building on the island. He even stated before he voted for me, "He loved me and if I was to go he would miss me". Of course he knew at the time he had set up my departure!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN true 10-29-02 1
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN SurvivinDawg 10-29-02 2
   RE: Jed's Interview On SNN dabo 10-29-02 5
       Ken the Player Boilermaker 10-30-02 9
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN fivestarwheezy 10-29-02 3
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN OceanSkater 10-29-02 4
   RE: Jed's Interview On SNN erikman 10-29-02 6
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN anotherkim 10-29-02 7
 RE: Jed's Interview On SNN Brownroach 10-30-02 8
   RE: Jed's Interview On SNN dabo 10-30-02 10
 Overlooked? Q 10-31-02 11
   RE: Overlooked? tattletale 10-31-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-02, 09:12 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
Thanks again sweetpea for posting this here!

Ok, I had heard Jed in another interview talk about SJ's trying to do as little as possible, so they wouldn't be viewed as a leader/target, and this confirms it. I also figured this was why Ken was sitting out challenges. (what a WIMP he is!)

Jake's strategy, via Steph, was that he wanted to kick off the threats and keep the weak

I knew it! The Weaklings Alliance!

He did not seem to try very hard in his paddling in the first challenge and he refused to swim in the Lotus Challenge making Erin and poor Penny swim because he said his back hurt.

Hmmm, wonder if Penny and Erin saw through this too.

Sitting out of the challenges irritated me and I lost a lot of respect for his strategy at that point of the game.

I bet Jed let the others know just how irritated he was.

She was too much of a follower of Penny and the group though to really get to know her true self in the game.

Well, Erin obviously isn't in charge.

To your face she would be sweet, but little did you know "her horns" were in your back, as she had said earlier.

Sounds like he didn't find out how fake Shii was, until he saw the episodes.

The innocent face and charm she has makes it hard not to believe her.
Penny was the sweetheart next door

Couple this with Robb's "America's Sweetheart" quote, and I think we can assume that Penny doesn't betray her tribe. I'm crossing Penny off of the "Dark" players list. (for now )

Jake had many stories of his outdoorsman adventures way back when, but they didn't seemed to ever come out due to his strategy of not wanting to stick out or be noticed.

He was fun to get to know and a delight to sit around the camp fires and listen to.

These two comments contradict each other, so, I don't know if this means that he didn't get to know Jake while in the game.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
The one thing that REALLY sticks out to me is the continuing animosity towards Shii Ann. Jed has nice things to say about everyone except Ken and Shii Ann.

For some reason, the animosity towards Ken seems trivial compared to the (continuing to this day) animosity towards Shii Ann. I suspect that Jed, Steph and Dood might harbor animosity towards Ken because he was likely the guy who kept telling them Shii Ann would be booted (he especially told Dood this, IMHO).

But the continuing animosity towards Shii Ann makes me wonder... perhaps she went VERY deep into the game, and there is lingering animosity for that reason?

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
From the evidence in episode 6, Ken made a point of trying to be truthful with Dood from the outset. By extension I would expect that his policy towards Jed and Steph would have to been truthful with them as well, or to exclude them without having to lie or even interact with them all that much.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
9. "Ken the Player"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-02 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

I think that Ken was trying to get Robb to continue to be a team player at that point and to possibly setup a future alliance if Sook Jai made it to tribal council. If Sook Jai won the IC and had 6-4 going into this weeks episode, then the importance of mini alliances within SJ begin to increase. Ken might setup Robb for a mini alliance depending on the situation at that time. If Ken appears to be a friend to Robb that would also help Ken if Robb lost later and went to the Jury.

I think you are right on Dabo about Ken probably not confronting Steph or Jed, instead of confronting them and possibly lying to them. He is a PLAYER as further eveidenced by this interview. I still think his strategy will fail in say Episode 8.

Edited to correct misplaced names.

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
Thank you Sweetpea!

I went to the entire article (it's quite long--I highly reccommend reading it in full) and wanted to mention too that Jed says at one point that Jake and some of the other hut people tried to build their own fire so they wouldn't have to depend on Jed and Steph for boiling water. He says they tried for about an hour to start a new fire, then gave up. That gives me a slightly different image of Jake. How stupid--first, for feeling the need to have a second fire, and second, was it so bad that they couldn't just say to Jed 'hey, could we use your fire to light our other fire over here?' The actions on this tribe are ridiculous and childish. Of course, this is Jed's side of the story. Maybe Jed had to sleep by the fire to protect it and keep it from getting stolen

Wheezy

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-29-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
I think Jed makes it clear who set up his boot: Jake. And now who's next: Ken. Alliance: Jake and Shii Ann: have always voted the same, and I'm not sure which one is the leader, but they are two peas in a pod. Also, Penny is a little back stabber, proven!

Ken doesn't think anyone caught on to his sitting out? He is probably getting all excited about beating out Jan in the next challenge. He better kiss his booty bye bye. The old man and his harem are going to make a euneuch out of him.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-29-02, 10:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-02 AT 10:55 PM (EST)

they need a recap show called the huts we need to know all this stuff. i will be pissed off if any of them win. i would have loved jake tring to build a fire, they had flint and steel. they needed 2 fires incase one goes out. i would have loved to see sucks stratagy. i hope under the radar winning is over.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 11:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
I think it is interesting to note that Jake and Penny lost the net--not sleepy Jed like the editing made it seem.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
Interesting stuff about Ken. I'd wondered if there was an ulterior motive to his sitting out so many challenges, and here Jed pretty much confirms it. It will be ironic if CG targets Ken as a IC threat, despite his best efforts to lay low. And now I wonder if Jake, Penny and Erin wouldn't rather see Ken, rather than Shii Ann, gone too.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Jed's Interview On SNN"
Two weeks of Banana Cop Ken trying to always get his way would be enough for me, frankly. I've been trying to reconsile Jed's comments about Ken's strategy of laying low with his getting into it with Robb last time (Robb was the instigator, however) and with Shii Ann in the promos (where Ken seems to be the instigator). Perhaps, as well, other Sook Jai have had a similar view of Ken based on his actions.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 01:48 PM (EST)
11. "Overlooked?"
We have been saying (and I beleived) that all the animosity towards Shii pointed to her not spending time at the lodge with the SJ three.

But...

Could they have traveled because Shii joined them, LOL. Shii could have been annoying them at the lodge, as much as, if not more than, in the game? So they only get even more disgruntled towards her. Because not only did she have a say in booting all of them, but her plan did not even work, so shii gets booted as well?

Thoughts?

D.R.

tattletale 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Overlooked?"
Is Shi Ann not the last one on Ghandias smoking list ? I think Shi Ann is not easy to get along with. She is prob. very threating to the other women and Ken, it seems to me that Jake likes her because she is a good worker. Sometimes if you have alot of energy and want to be moving all the time, people take that as being hateful, exspecially women.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •