The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-23-02, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
On the vote thresd (#75) rocklover posted this:

In the first early show promo we received in August showed clearly Jan riding Robb's board in camp (possibly Ep. 7 merge .)

Anyone else remember anything about this? Are there any vidcaps? Just wondering as this was the first time I had heard it and don't recall reading it on any other thread.

If accurate it might mean Robb will be with us another week, any additional info would be appreciated!

-ICB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Is this the pic? IceCat 10-24-02 1
   Too hard to tell strone 10-24-02 2
   RE: Is this the pic? true 10-24-02 3
   RE: Is this the pic? Boilermaker 10-24-02 7
 RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Brownroach 10-24-02 4
   RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Q 10-24-02 5
       RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Brownroach 10-24-02 6
   RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? tribephyl 10-24-02 8
       RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Brownroach 10-24-02 10
           RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? tribephyl 10-25-02 13
               RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Brownroach 10-25-02 15
 RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? BMH 10-24-02 9
   RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? Wacko Jacko 10-24-02 11
       RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? corcam 10-24-02 12
 RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard? addictedtoSB 10-25-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 01:22 AM (EST)
1. "Is this the pic?"

I don't think that she is on a skateboard, although her shoulder position and the angle of her front foot make it look like she is pushing off on a skateboard. A zoom in on her front foot shows nothing under her foot but a shadow:

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-24-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
2. "Too hard to tell"
Why would she be trying to move a skateboard on the beach. With her weight the wheels would simply sink into the sand. I guess its still possible if we could see the image better?????

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Is this the pic?"
I see nothing but a shadow under Jan's foot in this picture. (Thanks IceCat) So, if this IS the picture in question, I'd say no skateboard.

I did watch all the Early Show Survivor previews on their site. I couldn't see Jan near anything resembling a skateboard on any of the Early Show segments. Hope this helps.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Is this the pic?"
Damn Icecat. 2 hours later with the pciture. Impressive.

That is very interesting. First of all I believe that this is on the island. Does anyone remember the context of this picture? It had to more than just a single frame. I do believe that this has to be from the island, however since the contestants are usually prohibited from interacting much prior to leaving for the island.

If this is indeed the island this probably would eliminate most doubt that Jan gets booted this week. That is unless this happened before they split into tribes, though I don't think they had enough time to interact on the island.

I also believe that Robb might not take his skateboard to tribal council. By this point the skateboard can't be in pristine shape with sand lodged just about everywhere. Also most tribal councils seem a very long distance from camp.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

I very vaguely remember a Jan-with-skateboard picture too -- not sure if this is it though. In any case, Steph's fuzzy slippers were left behind, if the Snickers lady is to be believed. So it's possible the skateboard will be also, and everyone gets to ride it after the merge.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
I'm not sure about him leaving his skateboard behind, ON PURPOSE (his skateboard seems more personal than ratty old slippers that have been out on a beach for two weeks).

However, I could see him being utterly clueless about his boot (or simply refusing to beleive he is going = COCKY), IF HE GOES, and therefore would simply not carry his board with him because it is awkward to bring to TC. Also, I did not see him with his board at any previous TCs (anyone else see if he brought one to other TCs?) And although he has not been in danger of being booted yet, he has been out of the loop as to who is going.

He could then simply get it back after the game closes, as I am sure due to the location (national park) they have to keep up with all items brought on location.

Just my thoughts?

D.R.

10-24-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
I don't remember seeing it at the TC' s either, but we probably wouldn't unless there was a shot of him carrying it in with him. He sat in the back row both times so it could have been on the floor next to him.

I agree he wouldn't leave it on purpose, he just might not feel like bringing it with him, and he'll probably never think he's gonna be voted off until it actually happens. And then he might say in his exit interview, "Hey dudes, I left you my skateboard, take care of it and have fun with it. Just don't let Shii Ann ride it, okay? Later, dudes."

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Steph's fuzzy slippers were left behind, if the Snickers lady is to be believed. So it's possible the skateboard will be also, and everyone gets to ride it after the merge.

Not that I don't believe the "Snickers Lady" as far as what was visible from her vantage point of SJ's camp while the tribes were AWAY at a challenge. (while at a challenge Tmates don't carry their belongings.duh!)But, it would follow that she is already wrong in her assumption that both Stephanie and Robb are still on the island. I don't blame Stephanie for leaving her slippers behind, if she did.
But, I've seen Robb with his skateboard, in EP.5's TC.It seems to be an item of great importance to him. Robb would only forget his skateboard, if as Q says:
I could see him being utterly clueless about his boot (or simply refusing to beleive he is going = COCKY)

I agree but disagree as well. Robb may still act cocky and may indeed be a bit dim, but with that kind of personality comes that attachment to his "board". He won't be leaving it behind. I guarantee that after tonight, the only thing "Snickers Lady" will be correct about is the chickens.

10-24-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Well, I said "if the Snickers lady is to be believed". I'm not sure I do believe her about the slippers, I think she might have been put up to that by...someone. In any case, her visit will have occurred during tonight's episode, so the skateboard will be there, whether she saw it or not.

Unless it floats out to sea, in keeping with the running motif of S5. Maybe that's what Ken and Robb argue about -- Ken was supposed to watch the skateboard but took a nap instead. And Dood is so traumatized he bursts into tears. Then, when the Chuay men are out looking for the boat, they come upon the skateboard and bring it back to CG camp, where Jan takes it for a couple of spins around the cave.

This is the Ep 6 that I would like to see.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 00:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Well, I said "if the Snickers lady is to be believed".
I know and I'm sorry for coming across to you in a way where you felt like you had to defend yourself.
You are a great poster with, intelligent discussion, a great sense of the "spoiler", and I usually agree with you. All of this from someone who is a "virtual" new-comer. That is admirable.

Ken was supposed to watch the skateboard but took a nap instead. And Dood is so traumatized he bursts into tears. Then, when the Chuay men are out looking for the boat, they come upon the skateboard and bring it back to CG camp, where Jan takes it for a couple of spins around the cave.
And there's that sense of humor... I just loooove that too.

10-25-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Oh no, Tribephyl -- I was not being defensive and I apologize if it seemed that way. I was just musing in response to your thoughts, which I basically agreed with, and about the shoddiness of the Snickers spoiler. Anyway, we now know that Robb's skateboard went with him. You were right, there was no way he'd intentionally leave it behind.

And thanks for the compliments -- I like your posts mucho, too!!!

-- br

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
I remember that picture!..That picture was from the early show before survivor 5 even started!..and There is def. no skateboard she is riding that is her foot..lol..the pic is just really blurry..maybe there is another picture you guys are referring too?

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-24-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Need a better picture than that.

First of all I think that is just foot shadow.

Secondly, how can you be assured that is even jan. Looks more like Jake than Jan. Unless Jan grew a beard and shaved it later. LOL.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-24-02, 06:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
Gosh it does kind of look like Jake.... and it looks to be that he is wearing Jan's overalls... could it be that she left them behind and Jake decides to walk around in drag... *snicker cough snicker*

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-02, 08:17 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Jan on Robb's skateboard?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-02 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

I too remember reading about that pic you are talking about.

I don't know how important it might be now that Robb and his skateboard are gone. He did take it with him when he was voted off last night, tied to his backpack.

Hmm...I've never seen loser lodge pics before but could that could be the only explanation.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •