The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""

Episode Four

"Gender Bender"

or

“Sex, Lies, and Dummies”

Welcome my friends and fellow spoilers to a thrill-packed State of the Spoiling for Episode Four of Survivor Thailand. I almost called this SOTS “A Tale of Two Dummies”. Lots of appropriate symbolism there, but then, there is an equal amount in “Sex, Lies, and Dummies”. However, like any good DAW (or EPMB for that matter!), I’ll go for the lure of sex to attract my audience. Without further ado (or adieu, for that matter!) let’s have a fanfare (TA-TA! TA-TA! - TA-TA! TA-TA!) and see if we can pull the curtain back on the sordid lives of our castaways as they try to deal with their highly promoted gender-based difficulties.

CBS Mis-Direction for Episode 4:

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR
Version #1:
“Gender Bender” – One tribe begins to divide along gender lines, on SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, October 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

With lingering tensions and accusations, infighting begins to surface between the men and the women of one tribe, to the point where one particular castaway hope to never see their tribe mate ever again. Meantime, one lucky tribe wins valuable food items at the reward challenge.

Version #2:
Lingering tensions and accusations spill over, pitting the men against the women.
One castaway hopes never to see another castaway again...forever.

A fourth person is voted off the island.

There was speculation in a couple of threads that the survivor who hopes to never see another survivor might be either Doood or Ghandia, with the preponderance of the evidence pointing toward Ghandia. There has been a major effort by MB to focus on the apparent gender conflict which began in Episode 3 and carries over into Episode 4. In general, most posters believe this to be an effort at misdirection to disguise Ghandia’s obvious separation from the tribe and likely boot. There was some discussion on the term “begins to divide” which indicates that the division may never get past the starting gate.

CBSEYEmail for Episode 4 was provided to us by George Tirebiter:

Jed Junked!
Jed Hildebrand
became the first person voted out of Sook Jai, the victim of perceived laziness and growing tensions between the male and female members of the tribe. And tensions continue to simmer at Chuay Gahn and threaten to erupt into a full-blown battle of the sexes on SURVIVOR: THAILAND this Thursday, October 10, 8PM ET/PT.
SURVIVOR Profile:
Ted Rogers, Jr., 37, is a married computer software developer from Durham, NC. A graduate of Morgan State University, Ted played briefly in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys. He and his wife are the parents of a newborn baby, Morgan. His luxury item is a shaving kit.

Most posters believe the “tensions between the male and female members” of the Suckie tribe is simply more smoke and mirrors by MB. It is used in tandem with the much more obvious and more likely gender-based tension between the Chewies, which is, once again, thought to be nothing more than misdirection to disguise Ghandia’s obvious separation from the tribe and likely soon-to happen boot.

Reward Challenge

Some excellent vidcaps are presented by Bungler in this thread. Each tribe is provided a heavy dummy accompanied with tree mail on top of a wicker basket. The dummies are hauled off to be painted, dressed, and decorated by each tribe. There was lots of speculation by various posters at to the purpose of the challenge, most of which centered around some sort of rescue, hostage exchange, or obstacle race. All we know right now is that five castaways from each tribe are carrying their dummies to some unknown end. The challenge is currently presumed to be RC, but some posters speculate that it may be IC due to time necessary to paint the dummy.

Language used in the CBS preview quoted above seems to indicate that one tribe (most posters believe it to be the Suckies) wins "valuable food items" in the RC. This would lead one to believe that this RC will not involve the traditional gross food. Since the preview specifically mentiones the RC, it also appears that we can expect an IC, but one for which we have not yet received any information. However, one astute poster (ahem…that would be me ) noted that in pre-game interviews MB and/or JP commented that this season they would mess with the minds of the players by changing up the challenges such as putting the IC before RC or possibly combining them. Due to the time needed to paint the dummies, a combination challenge could be the case here. They could also possibly use the dummies in two challenges, which would also be a new twist.

Immunity Challenge

As of this posting, we only have the previews and information on the dummy challenge. I wish I had something to put here, but I'm afraid we must wait for CBS to give us some more previews, videos, or comments from MB or JP.

Bottom line...we have no evidence to indicate that the dummies are used in RC, IC, or both. We simply need more data. Perhaps I will provide an edited and updated version if new data warrants it.

Bootee

In this thread, we have discussion by Shakes, Nightscribe, and others on the body language shown in Bungler’s vidcaps of the Chewies. Ghandia is at the end of a line of contestants and is facing the other way. Ted says he only sees 5 people in the tribe. It is pretty obvious to almost everyone that Ghandia is isolating herself from the others.

Another thread here discussed the potential for a switch and how it might effect the boot chances for Ghandia versus Stephanie. (see more discussion below regarding a possible switch)

This thread contains some really great analysis by several posters including Munson, ulalame, OFG, Jims02, and Krautboy. The general gist of the discussion is that CBS has an obvious bootee this week and must disguise it in some way. This need to disguise the obvious results in the "men vs women ploy". Further evidence offered on why Ghandia is an obvious boot for Episode 4 is the question on why CBS is focusing on the gender conflict two Episodes in a row. Several posters believe this is necessary to milk all the drama possible from the Chewie tribe before the Ghandia boot. Afterwards, the Chewies may be considerably more boring than all the trouble going on over at the Suckie camp and the drama focus will then shift over there.

There are various other discussions intermingled in several threads on who gets the boot in Episode 4. Most of these theories involve Doood and the She-Devil. From my reading of the posts, those favoring either Doood or the She-Devil are about equally divided. Stephanie is another likely boot candidate according to some posters, but others believe she is too obvious and has not played out her story arc. Some of the boot scenarios involving these three Suckies rely on either a Switch or the Suckies throwing another IC and I was unable to find any widespread consensus.

Miscellaneous

The Switch?
Will it happen or not, that is the question being extensively discussed. Boy-o-boy and girl-o-girl, is it getting discussed! In fact, it is hard to find a thread that doesn’t mention it directly or subtly weave it into the discussion. Let me try to pull some of the more cogent discussions into some semblance of order.

Speculation on a possible switch heated up with the appearance of the dummies in these vidcaps. Most discussions by SmokeWilliams and others centered on the possible switching or swaping of the dummies for live persons. This idea was fueled by the absence of Chewie Jan in the vidcaps, but with three Suckies setting out the challenge, it is hard to come to any real conclusions.

Some posters here have suggested that the title of Episode 4 “Gender Bender” hints of a switch in this episode, i.e. bender=twist. A few posters believe the switch will involve some gender-based swap, perhaps going so far as to divide the tribes into male/female for one or more episodes. Others believe the switch will happen in Episode 5 “The Ocean’s Surprise”.

Still others in TechNoir’s thread are of the opinion that the switch will not happen at all in Survivor Thailand. SurvivinDawg provides a great summary and analysis of switches (or lack thereof) in previous Survivor seasons. In this post on that same thread, Sleeeve offers excellent arguments in favor of the switch and how it might interact (interfere?) with the strategies revealed (see next topic).

”Strategies Revealed…”
Krautboy’s thread reminds us once again that, in Survivor, “strategies revealed do not succeed” and provides a in-depth discussion on why the currently revealed strategies will not succeed in Episode 4 (and possibly may not succeed in Episode 5). SurvivinDawg adds another reminder of “The Clown Rule” where Shakes postulates that "MB never reveals a winning strategy until it becomes absolutely necessary." Specifically in Episode 4, Ghandia’s men vs women strategy will not work. Erin’s revealed strategy to eliminate those who are not unified with the majority of the Suckies has worked once, but may or may not continue, particularly if there is a switch.

Mediator or Richard II?
SurvivinDawg notes that Brian is being edited as a mediator between the men and women in this thread. Snoocharoo has labeled Brian as Richard the Second in this post. Brian’s new starring role is the tribal confidant, counselor, “puppetmaster”, and sounding board. He is obviously playing a very skilled game and flying way, way, way UTR. Of course, even Idi Amin would be flying UTR in a group containing the temper-tantrum prone Ghandia, but that being said, most people think Brian is in for a good long run and will continue to do very well.

Long Term Spoilers

The Despondent Underdog
I will take this opportunity to welcome a new spoiler and poster to our boards, Brownroach, who used his DAW number 3 to boldly initiate a thread to discuss “The Despondent Underdog”. In a pre-show interview, Jiffy says "One man starts off cocky, then becomes despondent, and he'll be an "underdog" to viewers, rooting for him to get back in it." The thread contains extensive discussion on which survivor this person might be. Brownroach and OFG believe the most likely candidate is Doood. They are opposed by the ever-ponderous…oops, I mean…ever-pondering Spinning Clown Head , who favors Ted. Whichever one it may be, they appear to be safe for at least a few episodes if the viewers are going to have time to root for them.

Torches
In this post, SurvivinDawg revisits a previous thread by Webby and discusses the gold and silver colored bands on the torches. Both Dawg and Webby believe the colored bands may have some future significance in the game, and may even decide the swap.

Various Theories
In this thread, Survivormitsx and others discuss confessional theories, significance of fire and water to various contestants and generally come to the conclusion that nothing makes much sense. In previous Survivors, EPMB has thrown the soon-to-be bootee a bone by focusing on them in previews, confessionals, etc. That this may not be happening in Thailand is emphasized in this thread by observations from SurvivinDawg and Outfrontgirl that the OFG Theory may have been spiked by EPMB and is no longer valid.

The Most Outlandish Theory EVER
This link will take you to a discussion of "the most outlandish theory EVER" on another discussion board. The gist of it is that some people believe that the photographs of Erin's various body parts indicate that she is some sort of male turned into a female. They even tie this in with the Episode 4 title, "Gender Bender". I have always tried to keep my redneck mind open to all reasonable thoughts, but this one is stretching my limits. Oh well, as FOX NEWS says, "We report, you decide."

What have we learned? As usual, we have less than half the data we need at this time of the week. I urge all readers to keep eyes and ears open and your brain engaged as we get a few more clues scattered our way. This season of Survivor is really giving us a workout. We need all the help we can get.

Sex? You say you were waiting for the sex part that I hinted at? Well, I gave you more than I intended to. After all, this is a family-oriented website. I guess, you’ll just have to wait for Episode 4 on Thursday night!

Well, that’s it folks. Thanks for wading through all this with me. It has been an educational process. As always, I look forward to your observations, comments, and criticisms.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message. Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... jkokoj 10-08-02 1
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Bebo 10-08-02 2
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... bondt007 10-08-02 3
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Q 10-08-02 4
   RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... smrtNsassybnkr 10-08-02 7
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... ulalame 10-08-02 5
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Krautboy 10-08-02 6
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Outfrontgirl 10-09-02 8
   RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... SurvivinDawg 10-09-02 9
       RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... GuessItRains 10-09-02 11
   more from the outlandish theory pl... George Tirebiter 10-09-02 16
       RE: more from the outlandish theory... snoocharoo 10-09-02 17
           RE: more from the outlandish theory... Outfrontgirl 10-09-02 18
               RE: more from the outlandish theory... snoocharoo 10-09-02 19
               RE: more from the outlandish theory... PepeLePew13 10-09-02 20
                   RE: more from the outlandish theory... George Tirebiter 10-09-02 21
                       What kind of freak am I????? snoocharoo 10-10-02 22
                           RE: What kind of freak am I????? Bebo 10-10-02 23
                               RE: What kind of freak am I????? snoocharoo 10-10-02 24
               RE: more from the outlandish theory... SurvivinDawg 10-10-02 25
           RE: more from the outlandish theory... sorgee 10-10-02 26
           RE: more from the outlandish theory... Brownroach 10-10-02 29
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... wendyp 10-09-02 10
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Granvil the 4th 10-09-02 12
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... snoocharoo 10-09-02 13
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... SurvivaBear 10-09-02 14
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... mistofleas 10-09-02 15
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... MatineeIdol 10-10-02 27
 RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender... Brownroach 10-10-02 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-08-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
1. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
THANKS! You have summed it up very nicely. Unfortunatley no info on the IC/RC kinda sucks at this point. I look forward to an update once we have? more info!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
2. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Excellent, comprehensive, and witty - thanks oodles.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-08-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
3. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Thanks RC... very helpful SOTS!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-08-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
As usual you come through for us.

Thanks, but I still have no idea who will go. Are we beign Mis-Directed, or are we overanalyzing.

D.R.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-08-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
I have read soooo many threads that it was SO refreshing to see all the data in one place. Thank you! Let's hope we get some additional information to help with the anit-bootie contest!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-08-02, 05:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Great summary! That thread on Erin was the funniest thing I've read in a while! Oh what will they think of next?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Thanks Rain Crow! Great summary, but based on your thorough summary, who are you voting for to go this week?!

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 02:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Most excellent Sots, Rain Crow. Kudos to you!

Um, I'm sort of buying the Erin theory--that she was probably born with both and bent in the female direction. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I also read that more than 1% of the population can be born with dual sex characteristics, so that's hardly rare!

She has struck me as WRONG in the packaging since Day One only I didn't know what it was about her. However, that doesn't mean it comes out in the plot line of Gender Bender.

I would expect Shii Ann to notice if there's anything unusual about Erin. I checked her academic record last night and she spent some time studying gender theory which would include cross-dressing and hermaphroditism.

Plus as a member of the Gay, Lesbian, and Bi Alliance at Berkeley (Shii was in my department (English) at Berkeley same time that I was, so I do know the climate there) there would definitely be discussion and membership by transsexuals and transvestites and every variation of gender bending.

Shii would know the signs, and the She Devil might try to use the info to her advantage somehow. Yeah, it's wild-assed spec. I go now.

*slinks back to the outlandish theory playground*

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it until I find a spin I like better"

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 07:22 AM (EST)
9. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
I am totally with you on this, OFG. When I read that theory, something didn't just click, it clanged! and a lot of pieces fell into place.

I've had my eye on Erin as a possible bootee THIS episode, anyway. But maybe this makes more sense.

Last, but not least, it explains GT's Eyemail that there is male-female tension in SJ... which before now I simply couldn't understand.

27-25
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
11. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
LMAO at you guys! In all bashing seriousness though, I think we finally have the full explanation of why Erin was the very last contestant picked...Jake and Jan were REQUIRED to alternate boy/girl selections, which left no room for poor Erin!

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
16. "more from the outlandish theory playground"
I was surprised not to find a similar thread here, so will jump in this sandbox where I find it.

I'm certainly no expert (does a Discovery Channel addiction count? didn't think so. . .) but from the start, it has bothered me that this girl had such a BAD bOOb job. . . This is not augmenting something, it is a SUBSTITUTE. And the early bikini photo:

I'm sorry, but that is in no way a female form--where are the hips, the thigh padding. . . and what the hell is up with that ADAM'S APPLE? After perusing the goofy discussion elsewhere (please look over the other pix for better detail), I have to agree--the overly-plucked eyebrows (the prominent brows themselves), the v-shape, the Frankenstein mammalian protruberances. . . it all adds up to something not-quite-right.

Add in the ShiiDevil's (probably) militant background, and I have to think the whole "gender bender" angle is more likely to revolve around these two than a male/female role-playing argument. As with John in S4, is someone going to commit a huge faux pas and "out" Erin? or Shii Ann? I'd think that would make them both immediately expendible, lest those men succumb to the macho willies. . .

As for this topic being "too much" for Primetime? I've seen much worse. What better way to maintain interest in a series criticized for its stale plotline than to inject something "scandalous?"

Or maybe it'll be done in such a way that the average conservative type won't recognize it--kinda like Subaru's ad campaigns, y'know?

GT

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. -James Thurber

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
We need to see her hands and feet...telling signs of gender.

Also, I assume that when one undergoes a transgender operation or is actively transexual they need to take hormones daily. Not to be freaky, but wouldn't she be developing a beard?

I can't believe that I am actually considering this scenario but you're right GT, that is the WORST.BOOBJOB.EVER. And *eating my words* TV has been known to show worse,remember the X-Files inbreed episode? (granted that was Fox but times they are a changin').

Erin is a man and Shii Ann is a lesbian. Way too Victor/Victoria for me!!!!

Snoocharoo

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
18. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
I think it's more likely that Erin was born with both characteristics (as I said, it's not that rare) and had some surgery (possibly in childhood) to define her gender but then had to add breasts to make her look female.

As opposed to consciously deciding to switch sexes (like a transsexual), this would be something she couldn't help, and I don't think even conservative people should have a problem with it.

In other words, we're not talking The Crying Game--not a man masquerading as a woman, but someone born a bit of both.

However, I think it could shock the average man on the tribe to find out she wasn't all girl. Add to that the male freak out if it turns out he was attracted to someone with same-sex characteristics. She would not want to be outed.

My spec on how this plays out in Ep 4:
OUT in the open? I doubt it. I don't think we're going to see this story line unless it totally erupted and there's no way to hide it. For one thing, Erin has weight loss spoilers and Shii Ann does not, so it doesn't look like Erin takes the heat.

However, it could be affecting the game without our being shown AND the episode title could be partly an inside joke making a reference to some tension we're not going to see. Of course we will see the tension in CG and assume that's the whole meaning of the title.

If we do see it, well viva la surprise!
N
evertheless, I think the theory that Erin is male/female is not at all farfetched. It's more like once you start looking, the attributes hit--especially the Adam's apple, lack of waistline indent, and overly plucked out eyebrows coupled with face and voice. Put your hands over the funbags and fill in the eyebrows and take collagen out of the lips and trade a man's bathing suit for a bikini, and you've got a young man. Then watch the walk and recall the most awkward dive ever... compare that to Sarah who moved like a woman, even though she was top heavy.

10-09-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
19. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

OFG and GT have convinced me. Plus the whole "What you see isn't what you get"/"don't judge a book by it's cover" speech. I often wondered why everytime they mentioned Erin we got a courtesy boob shot, now I know. Thanks for the enlightenment ladies. Now I will be sure to watch for subtle clues that Erin's been "outed". This should be a hoot. I can just imagine the look of horror on manly man Ken's face when this little skeleton comes out of the closet. Ahhh...to be a fly on the wall in the SJ fort.

This Survivor series is turning out to be better than most porn flicks out there. Shii Ann the Lesbhian/bi, Brian the Porno stud, Erin the hermaphrodite, Ted the Grinder, Ghandia the Screamer...makes me cringe to think of what part Granny and Dood might play (Harold and Maude?)

God I love television!

Snoocharoo

"just one thing before I quit I never wanted anymore than I could fit into my head I still remember every single word you said and all the shiit that somehow came along with it but there's one thing that comforts me since I was always caged and now I'm free...don't wanna be your monkeywrench!"

Foo Fighters

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
I personally don't think we'll see any hint of a rift between Erin and Shii Ann over the gender issue in this episode because you can't tell me that CBS isn't going to put out ads with a big splash saying something like "SCANDALOUS!" or "SHOCKING!" or "UNBELIEVABLE!" just to make the average viewer anticipate this show without knowing ahead of time what it's going to be about. They'll do anything for ratings as evidenced by false advertising in the past such as "BIGGEST SURPRISE" yadda yadda yadda.

IMO, it's either to do with Ghandia-Ted or a gender split between the legit men and legit women in SJ.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
21. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
No, no, no, Pépé--when they use the MOST SHOCKING PROMO EVER, they're always referring to something that doesn't pan out to be much more than a throwaway scene at the beginning of the episode (human bones, anyone?) I think it would be entirely in character to have a REAL shocker like this one totally downplayed.

GT

The gods too are fond of a joke.

10-10-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
22. "What kind of freak am I?????"
**LOL** I cannot stop staring at that picture of Erin...

Snoocharoo

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
23. "RE: What kind of freak am I?????"
It's not your fault, sweetie...it's the power of her cleavage.

OMH, just got an idea on that Power of One title...will post on appropriate thread.

10-10-02, 10:18 AM (EST)
24. "RE: What kind of freak am I?????"
You did it Bebo...you spoiled MB's pathetic attempt to subdue us into a state of submission with the power of cleavage!!!

Maybe the title should be "The Power of Two"

Snoocharoo

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
25. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

Let me add to all this by telling you what's convincing me:

When they were showing the SJ Five gathering food out of the surf (and Shii Ann was narrating how Jed/Steph/Robb weren't helping), I was watching the way Erin walked... and it didn't seem quite right.

At first, I was thinking "That's some fashion model walk." But after all that, it hit me where I'd seen this walk before:

Marcellas!.

BB3's Marcellas, a Fashion Consultant, walked in that effiminate fashion around the BB3 house. And that is how Erin was walking around the surf.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
26. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
1) at a prior job, i had a client that was a male who decided to turn woman. "she" took what she called a "hormone cocktail". i know "she" said it had mainly female hormones. and "her" facial hair stopped growing. "she" also told me that her leg hair had thinned and slowed in growth. i was amazed at how feminine she became over the years. it really was amazing. "she" was very open about the whole thing. said "she" had to do extensive couseling and all kinds of other stuff. "she" wouldn't bring it up, but if you got on the subject "she" would tell you anything you wanted to know in a very no-nonsense manner.
2) that x-files episode was the BEST ever.

Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
29. "RE: more from the outlandish theory playground"
>Erin is a man and Shii
>Ann is a lesbian.

And not only is Shii Ann a lesbian, she is a lesbian with multiple personality disorder. That preview where we hear her say, "She hates us!"? It's not what it seems. This is actually two of Shii's alternately-named personalities talking, and they are saying, "Shii hates us!" Perhaps Shii will vote one of herselves out.

God, what a bunch of freeeks.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-09-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
10. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Great summary Rain Crow!

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Outstanding!

Thanks for the great summary - and thanks for the clue-in on the Erin spec. I'm with OFG and the Dog too that this is very possible, but absolutely nothing wrong with it. That being said, it certainly could affect things over at Sucky and explain the Eyemail gender issues that we're hearing about. If the castaways this time are playing the game a lot more, I can see a couple of the Suckies playing this one up a LOT more to their benefit, no matter what they really think about it (Jake, Penny, Shii).

Granvil

Edit to say - That's HILARIOUS GuessitRains!!

10-09-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

Thanks RainCrow for the outstanding SOTS. I always enjoy reading your witty, entertaining posts and this SOTS is no exception!

As for the Erin hermaprodite issue, c'mon people this IS a family show. Prime time TV audience isn't ready for such taboo subjects, the average viewer simply cannot comprehend this concept, it too foreign and far removed from their trailer park living, mayonaise sandwich eating lives. Remember we are talking about the very shallow end of the gene pool.

Snoocharoo

"cows giving kerosene, kid can't read at 17, the words he knows are all obscene but it's all right. I will get by...I will get by...I will get by...I WILL SURVIVE"

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Excellent SOTS. Thanks! I especially enjoyed your bringing the outlandish "gender bender" theory to our attention.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Rain Crow muffin pie!! Superb SOTS baby. Everything available at a click of a button and humor to boot. Bebo stole my "thanks oodles" line so I'll just tell you your the cat's pajama's and leave it at that!

--thinks that outrageous Erin theory is sooooo silly

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
27. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
I may be falling for the greatest Survivor rumor of all time, but I tend to believe this story about Erin being a man - I too thought her breasts looked like they were just "sitting" on her chest when I first saw the brown bikini picture. I thought the girl must have been a victim of a botched boob job, but this new theory seems to fit better. If you look at that picture and look past her chest, you do see a figure (shoulders, hips, pecs, other muscles) of a young man.

I tend to believe though if this is true that she most like was someone born with both genders, not a man surgically altered. I knew a girl in college who wrote an article for the local paper about being born with both sexes, and while she was very, very young her parents made the decision to raise her as a woman and had her surgically fixed to remove her maleness. She was angry that the decision had been made for her without her consent (but that's another story...)

I mean c'mon, if you were Mark Burnett, could you resist this potential ratings smash?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
28. "RE: SOTS - Episode 4 "Gender Bender""
Hey Rain Crow -- many many thanks for the gracious welcome, but I am going to have to kill you for making me go to that Erin thread. I couldn't even read past the first 6 or 7 posts because my eyes teared up from laughing so hard and now my glasses are all wet and smudged and I can't even see what I'm typing here.

Excellent, and thoroughly comprehensive SOS summary. And waaaay funny too. Here's my fave:

"Of course, even Idi Amin would be flying UTR in a group containing the temper-tantrum prone Ghandia"

T'was a pleasure wading with you!

-- br

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •