The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Obvious Boot"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Obvious Boot"
Every season we are handed the bootee on a silver platter, and we almost never see it. Why? We call it "too obvious". Think about Africa for a moment. The episode in which Linda was booted, she was shown in the previews acting like a freak -- "Thaaaaannk Yoooooou!" and sure enough, she was booted. Same think with Frank's boot. He was shown in the previews going off about the liberal media, and blam, he's booted.

Every once in a while, my overly-analytical friends , it is obvious there is only one person who can be booted. This is one of those times. Gahndia is the only choice. Her story arc is ready for its climax. She will be isolated from the tribe, and the revealed strategy of men vs. women will once again fail. CG will go to TC and the women will vote with the men to oust Gahndia.

Notice that the information we have coming in for post ep.4 mention nothing about gender division, nothing about lingering hostilities -- nothing but life as usual on Survivor. Someone gets stung, a tribe loses a valuable item, the ocean reveals a surprise, but absolutely nothing about the CG scandal. Why? Because it is resolved in this episode.

Stephanie and Robb are red herrings. I'm not saying they're long for the game because I seriously doubt they are. But Gahndia is our boot this week. I'd bet money on it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Obvious Boot snoocharoo 10-09-02 1
 RE: The Obvious Boot true 10-09-02 2
   RE: The Obvious Boot bondt007 10-09-02 8
 damnit scribe! idiotcowboy 10-09-02 3
   RE: damnit scribe! Brownroach 10-09-02 4
       Jake Wacko Jacko 10-09-02 12
 Not as obvious as we think... Krautboy 10-09-02 5
   RE: Not as obvious as we think... FesterFan1 10-09-02 6
       RE: Not as obvious as we think... Bebo 10-10-02 25
       RE: Not as obvious as we think... sweetnvicious 10-10-02 27
   RE: Not as obvious as we think... Brownroach 10-09-02 9
       RE: Not as obvious as we think... SurvivinDawg 10-09-02 11
           RE: Not as obvious as we think... Brownroach 10-09-02 16
           RE: Not as obvious as we think... sleeeve 10-10-02 22
               RE: Not as obvious as we think... SurvivinDawg 10-10-02 24
   RE: Not as obvious as we think... Wacko Jacko 10-09-02 13
 RE: The Obvious Boot Granvil the 4th 10-09-02 7
   RE: The Obvious Boot Brownroach 10-10-02 28
 The only issue is.... SurvivinDawg 10-09-02 10
 But is it Obvisious? Wacko Jacko 10-09-02 14
   RE: But is it Obvisious? Bebo 10-10-02 26
 RE: The Obvious Boot GuessItRains 10-09-02 15
   RE: The Obvious Boot Outfrontgirl 10-09-02 19
       RE: The Obvious Boot GuessItRains 10-10-02 36
 RE: The Obvious Boot Outfrontgirl 10-09-02 17
   RE: The Obvious Boot NightScribe 10-09-02 20
 RE: The Obvious Boot Devil Advocate 10-09-02 18
   RE: The Obvious Boot bergdogg 10-10-02 23
 Thanks, Scribe! Spidey 10-09-02 21
 RE: The Obvious Boot jkokoj 10-10-02 29
 IC Info? SurvivinDawg 10-10-02 30
   RE: IC Info? ulalame 10-10-02 31
 Final Piece of the Puzzle SurvivinDawg 10-10-02 32
   RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle jkokoj 10-10-02 33
       RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle SurvivinDawg 10-10-02 34
   The f*#@ing purple rock! steppingrazor42 10-10-02 35
   RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle smrtNsassybnkr 10-10-02 38
 Snewser agrees Bebo 10-10-02 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
1. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
It may very well be that Ghandia is booted this week, Steph next week and the Dood stands alone when they mix it up in Ep.6.

Darn! Now I don't know whether to vote for Ghandia this week and Steph next or vice-versa. Guess I'll just wait until Snewster posts his picks and hop on the lemming bus.

Snoocharoo

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
I agree with you completely, Scribe. While I think that a case can also be made for Steph, and to a smaller extent, Robb, as obvious boot choices this episode, you bring up a point I hadn't yet considered.

Notice that the information we have coming in for post ep.4 mention nothing about gender division, nothing about lingering hostilities -- nothing but life as usual on Survivor. Someone gets stung, a tribe loses a valuable item, the ocean reveals a surprise, but absolutely nothing about the CG scandal. Why? Because it is resolved in this episode.

I think you may have just provided me with my final piece of the Ghandia goes puzzle.

Thanks!

-true,still spoiling the old fashioned way.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-09-02, 05:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
...congrats on the 2k, true!

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-09-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
3. "damnit scribe!"
Why did you have to wait to post this, until AFTER I came up with a long-winded diatribe that it would be someone else!

Seriously, I think you are on to something here. Well thought out as usual, and at this point... I give. It really is what it is, and I'm back in the Ghandia camp where I started at the end of last episode

cya GDiva! I just wish I knew how you got to know Jake, cause he sure looks like he will make it past the merge.

-ICB

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
4. "RE: damnit scribe!"
ICB, I have an idea about the Jake thing. This is what GDiva said, courtesy of Jeff Gator's comprehensive post:

"Jake is not gay; I don't think there are any gays on the cast, but I am not sure.... However, I know that Jake is happily married; he loves his wife madly, which I have MUCH respect for Jake for that!"

It's the use of "I know that" that sticks out to me. People often preface a statement with "I know that" when they don't know very much about something, but they do know this one particular fact.

That could be the case here. Maybe she found this out second-hand from one of the other SJ's, or it's something she knows from a single conversation with Jake, say, on the plane ride back.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-09-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
12. "Jake"
Couldn't she of gotten to know jake on the plane back from Thailand? Don't they hold all the contestants over to fly back together to one location LA? Also could of possibly gotten to know him on the way out there - samething.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-09-02, 05:32 PM (EST)
5. "Not as obvious as we think..."
If we look at the results of the CBS website "Who's next poll" we get the following results:

Erin is in first with 37 percent of the votes.
Stephanie is in second with 25 percent of the votes.
Total number of votes: 55666

So, MB's editing will surprise at least 62% of the general viewer population if Ghandia goes...not obvious to most.

If you visit the Spoiler websites we see that they are well over 50% for Ghandia...obvious to us spoilers.

I think MB's priority is the millions of viewers, not the hundreds of spoilers...

If Ghandia goes this week MB will be happy, and I'll be happy as well...

Krautboy

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
If Erin is in first on the CBS website with 37% of the vote, then there are a bunch of weed-smokin' idiots out there, or the fix is in. ERIN?! Who among the non-spoiling/non-fanatic community would even recognize Erin, let alone pick her as the next one to go? She's gotten exactly ZERO face time, and 37% of the people who login to CBS.com think she's next? Not hardly.

This just points more to a Ghandia boot, IMO.

Fester

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 09:55 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
Who among the non-spoiling/non-fanatic community would even recognize Erin, let alone pick her as the next one to go?

Well, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of the non-spoiling, non-fanatic community didn't look past her bOObs and see her as another Sarah and jump to the ill-founded conclusion that Erin will be an early boot like Sarah was (who happened to go in E4).

sweetnvicious 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
i agree
erin has been so vacant this entire season

10-09-02, 05:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
Erin? ERIN??

Did these people not hear Erin say last week, "We want to get rid of some people?" "WE" -- as in, "I am part of a majority alliance and WE are going to vote out the people WE don't like."

Idjuts.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
Don't call them "idjuts" too quickly, Brown. I've never believed the CBS poll to be clean; i.e. I think they manipulate it.

And I've been looking very, very askance at the editing of Erin lately.

It is obvious that the CBS poll wants us to concentrate on Erin. While I don't think she's the boot, I more and more believe that she is going to be central and pivotal to Episode 4.

27-25
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

10-09-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
Well I must admit I've almost never looked at the CBS poll. I just tried now and couldn't pull up anything for week 4, but I see Erin led for week 3 and Stephanie for week 2.

But I get your drift. Vote leaders are adjusted to fit editing of the upcoming episode? I'll be watching to see if Erin, uh, sticks out more than usual in Ep 4.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
>I've never believed
>the CBS poll to be
>clean; i.e. I think they
>manipulate it.

And I have always maintained that this conspiracy theory of yours is utter bull sh!t. Why would CBS manipulate the polls? To trick the 1.5% of their viewers that read the website?

Do you really think that it's a conspiracy that the good looking and/or good natured people are always the leaders in these polls?

That's not called poll manipulation... that's called human nature.

If you wanna claim that CBS is manipulating polls on thier site, at least blame the obvious source of this manipulation: the editing!... To the average viewer, good looking and seemingly good-natured people like Ken and Erin are the obvious picks for favorites to win... it's no conspiracy that the polls reflect this.

Now, if you wanna start to talk about the conspiracy behind editing certain characters in ways to pull at the audience's emotional strings, then I'm all ears, and if you wanna relate the general public's response to this editing into your theories, then this is definately valid under your "Hollow Theory"... but do not keep claiming that these polls do not reflect an average cross-section of Survivor's young viewing population (who are more likely to seek additional information about the show online).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

10-10-02, 06:30 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

Edited to remove strongly worded response to sleeeve telling me what I can and cannot say or claim...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

10-09-02, 06:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Not as obvious as we think..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

Seems like ballot stuffing (www.cbs.com)is going on because not only is Erin favored to be the next boot she is also favored to win the whole thing.

I think Erin was also favored to get booted last episode.

The percents are too high for someone who is not so obvisious and if you add Erin with the second favored boot (it's almost 80% of the vote) so only 20% for the other 11 contestants.

The answer is the poll is rigged. Somebody likes Erin.

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
I agree, NightScribe. Thanks for writing a much more articulate thought pattern than my one liner in my vote, "We're getting the obvious boot this week."

I also agree with Brownroach about Gahndia not necessarily getting to know Jake at LL. Remember she posted on the boards (we're pretty sure) as GDiva. That means she surfs and keeps up on Survivor stuff. She could EASILY have looked into other contestant's personal lives. Add on top of that what's going on this next episode, "Family Values," it's when Gahndia goes, and she's all big on, "He shouldn't be doing this - he's married with a newborn!" She attaches importance to people staying true to their spouses - whether she does or not. In this context, her statements make more sense and could easily have been researched outside the show (if she didn't talk to him on the plane or something).

Granvil

10-10-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
28. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
>She attaches
>importance to people staying true
>to their spouses - whether
>she does or not.

Exactly, Granvil. I missed the psychological factor, but you hit it on the head. Of course Jake's loving his wife would resonate with Ghandia, vis-a-vis the Ted incident, however she happened to find this information out. But it may be the ONLY impression that she carries with her of Jake.

And -- she was obviously responding to a poster who had a specific question or comment about Jake being gay. She said nothing else about him, and he is not one of her SJ stars.

10-09-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
10. "The only issue is...."
If CG goes to TC, then I totally agree: Ghandia is a virtual lock to be brooding and intensifying her unappeasable hatred in Loser Lodge.

HOWEVER, the issue, and the KEY issue, is who wins the I.C. Unless the challenge with the dummies IS the I.C., then I would like to see if it's more physical or mental. The physical challenge with the dummies is, IMHO, a SJ victory if they don't throw it.

27-25

10-09-02, 06:04 PM (EST)
14. "But is it Obvisious?"
Isn't Burnett trying to tell us SJ is going to throw the challenge?

10-10-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
26. "RE: But is it Obvisious?"
Isn't Burnett trying to tell us SJ is going to throw the challenge?

Here's the nutjob question...could CG throw the challenge to get rid of Ghandia?

I seriously doubt it, but it could be worth some debate.

Jeff's quote about throwing challenges leads us to believe it happened more than once. He also implied that throwing a challenge in a timely fashion was a successful strategy. So far, we've seen SJ throw one. However, the spoiler evidence suggests that CG is the more successful tribe in the long run, with 5 of their members going far. If that is indeed true, then SJ throwing challenges is not really a successful strategy.

But would CG throw a challenge? That would take them down to 5 members, and while they know they work together better without the drama, they still at best come out even in a traditional merge. Worst case scenario, they would go into a merge 7-3, with 2 more of their merry band joining the diva in the lodge. This would also set them up for a pagonging, should the other tribe remain strong. Would they be willing to risk it?

The only reason I could see them being willing to risk it is if they were sure that Ghandia would turn on them in a merge and get them pagonged anyway. But I do think it's too early for them to consider doing it.

Ghandia's still my pick this week, though.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-02, 06:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
I am perfectly happy to go along with the Ghandia Bootwagon. As Nightscribe so cogently points out, once or twice a season the boot is really obvious. In fact, I think EPMB's feeble attempts to show that the Chewies are splitting apart is really meant to hide the fact that the split is 5-1. If the Sookies win immunity, everybody on the board could turn off the TV at the point and we wouldn't miss anything in terms of outcome.

HOWEVER, we have reliable spoilers indicating that the 5 non-Ghandia Chewies make it far into this game...jury members at the least. I'm still trying to come up with a theory for how a Chewie tribe outmatched 7-5 after this episode turns itself into a 5-4 majority by the end of E7, especially if there is a switch or early merge. Ogakor did it by having Mike fall in the fire, but I don't see that happening again.

Thoughts?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 08:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
>> I'm still trying to come up with a theory for how a Chewie tribe outmatched 7-5 after this episode turns itself into a 5-4 majority by the end of E7, especially if there is a switch or early merge.

GuessItRains--
I always enjoy your logic...

I see your point.

One theory, SJ loses a member in Eps 5 and 6, and there's a regular merge at 5-5 and an SJ gets the boot--perhaps because someone switches loyalties at the merge. (Who knows what the dynamics will be by Ep 7?)

I believe the 5 CG's left will have a reasonably tight alliance, whereas the SJ don't. They have 2 or 3 people they want to lose, if you cound Shii.

Basically, CG would get ahead because SJ, like Samburu, is too fractured to come together as a team until it is too late for them to hold a majority and sweep the finals.

Is a team down 5-7 disadvantaged in the challenges? Well, not if they have axed their challenge liabilities and learned to work together. SJ has to sit out some of its strong members from time to time. It can even out--only takes two IC losses in a row to get to 5-5.

That's not to say I don't share your concerns that SJ could lose the IC. As Dawg points out, that's the key, but we have no IC challenge info and it doesn't look like we're getting any this time.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
Hi OFG,

I always appreciate your insight and I think you are right. There's nothing illogical about two more SJ losses especially since Chewie has eliminated its weakest members and will probably be stronger in the ICs with more food, etc. Even with an early merge at 6-5, a defecting Sookie (possibly Steph or Robb) could still take out Shii Ann. I could see Robb in particular pulling just such a bonehead move.

One thing I am convinced of is that if Ghandia goes, there is no swap. I can't come up with any logical way for it to work out otherwise. But with our spoilers tending to indicate no swap next episode, I'm less worried about that than I was a week ago.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-02 AT 07:23 PM (EST)

Scribe,
Your posts are always so cogent, so logical. I hope you are right.

I had made a post about "obvious boots" on the Misdirection thread, so I hope people will forgive the repetition. I'll just copy it over here and add the link to the whole conversation.

At the time I posted I hadn't seen the full teaser for Ep 5 and none for Ep 6, but when I saw them the same thing you mention jumped out at me--that the Ghandia issue had fallen off the radar. I mentioned this in an email (didn't post it) and was reminded that the same thing could happen if Ghandia got switched to SJ in Ep 5 (without Ted)--that Burnett might even have engineered the separation if she didn't get booted just to stop all the harassment complaints and forestall legal problems.

However, I don't believe there's a switch in Ep 5, as there's zip in the promo about destinies or the game going through changes. Here's the earlier post, omitting thoughts about the switch because I decided against it:
--------------------
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3057.shtml#6

I have reservations about Ep4. Yes, it could be misdirection. However, in the past we've had pre-merge episodes where the previews centered on the boot.

Most obvious examples are Kimmy/Alicia and Mother Africa.
Now on both of these I picked the wrong boot.

With the Kimmy previews, I decided to go with Ogakor going to TC. I followed the misdirection rule and lost.

With Linda, I went with Samburu to go to TC, but decided Linda was too obvious given that the preview focused on her acting bizarre and obnoxious. I think I voted for Tbird. Duh. Whiny emotional Lindsay's boot--the previews focused on her dilemma, so some of us assumed Boran was going to TC.

Another example (post-merge) is Frank. The previews showed him going all right wing on the group. Sure enough, Frank was history, and for many people, they went away from the Frank boot and went for Kim P--again the misdirection theory fell through in the case where the boot was the result of a personality conflict that MB wanted to hype.

Jerri's boot in Ep 9 met this pattern, with the promos giving us her saying that she wanted Colby and making herself even more negative COA than usual. (I missed that one too, figuring that Nick was getting pagonged and we were being misdirected to think something interesting would happen.)

I have a history of missing the obvious boots.

So now we have Drama Queen Ghandia, and I tend to think this is the non-surprise boot, for which we are given misdirection by having the previews throw it in our face so we're afraid to pick the obvious. If the previews focused on SJ, wouldn't we all be saying that the Ghandia boot was a sure thing? I think we would.

I'm not convinced I'm right, but that's my counter-argument. I'm still open to being persuaded. For right now, I like the argument given by others that the misdirection going on within the CG focus is in leading us to think there's a true gender divide, whereas Ghandia gets the heave 5-1 when it all boils down at TC.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 08:29 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
Hey OFG! <waves>

And I hadn't read that post; isn't that spooky? I guess great minds do think alike

Hey, we even thought of the same examples. I honestly believe this one should be obvious to us, the spoiler community, whether or not it is obvious to the general viewing public. Let's not over-think it.

I really don't know what to make of those CBS polls. I guess my problem is trying to apply logic, which, of course, is silly of me.

Devil Advocate 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 07:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
Is it possible that the reason we hear no more about the drama is because a swap takes place and the two are moved into different tribes?

Maybe not. I can imagine Ghandia going off to the other group and telling the whole story over and over (and over) again ...

Don't get me wrong, I believe Ghandia will be booted before Ted as well. But I am rarely right in this game and am trying to anticipate possible alternatives or surprises this season. (I have to beat my room-mate at this game!) How she gets to know some of these other people enough to talk about them post-game continues to haunt me.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-02, 02:29 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
Easy!!! She met them at Loser's Lodge!!!

Can my Twins win the WHOLE THING??

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
21. "Thanks, Scribe!"
I have been going round and round all week with some (albeit far fewer than you!)of these thoughts, yet the never managed to get them together in a cogent manner. Thanks for solidifying what has been pecking at me all week.

Sometimes there is just one that can't be "hidden" Ghandia's breakdown is too good a viewer pull not to emphasize in the previews, even if she is the boot. So throw us a lame women v. men scenario and call it a wrap.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Obvious Boot"
Didn't Tanya say in one of her interviews that she did not know about the Ted/Ghandia incident?

If that is the case and Ghandia was booted and at LL with one of her stars why would she not have ran and said "Ohhh girl you should have seen him grinding all over me"! If Ghandia and Tanya had bonded that much why would she not have told Tanya HER side the story?

I am being stubborn. MB's editing this year is just odd and not consistant with the past. I am not so sure she is the obvious boot. But alas time will tell!

10-10-02, 12:20 PM (EST)
30. "IC Info?"
The thing that is bothering the hell out of me is that there is NO Immunity Challenge info. Either the dummies ARE the IC (in which case there may have been a swap and no RC), or the dummies are the RC.

I cannot remember if the S-2 triage race was RC or IC... I *think* it was RC.

But IC is what we need to know. Then the bootee gets obvious.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: IC Info?"
Here is the info on the similar challenges from previous survivors (posted in the Challenge Thread):

In S1/E3:

Rescue Mission

Description: A cooperative effort to rescue an "injured" tribe member from deep in the jungle. Starting on the rocky beach near Bird Island, tribes dash into the jungle carrying a stretcher. The first team to locate their injured tribe member, load her onto the stretcher, and carry her back to the beach to the first aid station, wins.

Winning Tribe Gets: Immunity

Winning Tribe: Pagong

In S2/E5:

Challenge: Triage

Description: Each tribe selects two members to become "rescuers." The other members are placed at predetermined accident locations. Using a triangular-shaped stretcher called a "travois," each tribe must locate their tribemates at the accident locations and bring them back, one by one, to the "first aid tent." First tribe to rescue all of its members and cross the finish line wins.

Winning Tribe Gets: A crate from Target filled with various creature comforts, such as shampoo, toothpaste, spices, soup mix, and warm blankets.

Winning Tribe: Kucha

10-10-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
32. "Final Piece of the Puzzle"
I just voted for Ghandia, THEN realized that the bleeding answer has been slapping us in the face all along!

Ghandia lists TANYA as her "most definitely" star. Now, if this is a friends list, it means that Ghandia got to liking Tennessee Tanya really well.

John is a preacher, and Jed has been described as a deeply religious person. Let's say these Bible thumpers hang out together at Loser Lodge.

It would be MOST natural for Ghandia and Tanya to hang out together at Loser Lodge! If someone goes before Ghandia, then Ghandia's Tanya-time is shared with that other person.

Based on this comment, THIS episode becomes the logical time for Ghandia to go!

And therefore, this is probably all the more reason we're wrong and Brian picks the purple rock...

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-02, 01:39 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle"
I have just been flamed and will bow out.

10-10-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle"
No flame intended. I didn't see anyone else saying this, but if you did, my apologies for blatantly stealing your idea.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
35. "The f*#@ing purple rock!"
I had briefly erased the damn purple rock from my memory, man I pray that purple rock doesn't come into play again this season, and if i does I definitely hope Brian doesn't pick that dreaded thing out of the bag!!!

Oh and I agree with you about the Tanya being Ghandia's buddy at the LL, Ghandia's toast this week.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Final Piece of the Puzzle"
I agree that Ghandia is the obvious boot, but Here's an alternative theory that COULD play out.....Perhaps Ghandia IS swapped? Perhaps the lack of vidcaps out there of SJ could be because the switch happens early in the episode. Ghandia would be glad to NEVER have to see another tribemate again (Ted) and continues her "Drama" over at Sook Jai. No matter how split they are they could STILL throw IC and choose to boot Ghandia over Duuuuude. Also, that would also provide opportunity for Chewey to lose some IC's in the future, taking out a few of the former Sook Jai before the merge? This would provide the element of surprise for both the spoilers and viewers (also going along with some of the interesting people getting booted early in the show--ie if Jake or Ken were to be swapped and then booted by CG)

Any takers?

10-10-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
37. "Snewser agrees"
Figured I'd go ahead and report that Snewser is calling for Ghandia to go this week. No need for the people who followed Nightshade's excellent logic to switch votes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •