The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1 Challenge "The Early Show" vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1 Challenge "The Early Show" vidcaps"
I've uploaded these in a little bit of a larger format than normal due to the short window in which that we have to work with. The quality might be alittle lower than what I'd have expected otherwise (and there are a few "digital snow" effects here and there) because I apparently had some other CPU-intensive process running on my machine at the time that the show aired (woops!)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Teamwork Rain Crow 09-19-02 1
   RE: Teamwork weltek 09-19-02 2
       RE What I am curious about is... VerucaSalt 09-19-02 3
           Clarification...I hope Rain Crow 09-19-02 4
               RE: Clarification...I hope pancho 09-19-02 5
                   RE: Clarification...I hope SurvivorBlows 09-19-02 7
                       Jiffy's Blue Shirt Rain Crow 09-19-02 9
               RE: Clarification...I hope Yogi 09-19-02 11
           RE: RE What I am curious about is..... SurvivorBlows 09-19-02 6
           RE: RE What I am curious about is..... pancho 09-19-02 8
               You bet your sweet... Rain Crow 09-19-02 10
               RE: RE What I am curious about is..... VerucaSalt 09-19-02 12
               RE: RE What I am curious about is..... SurvivorBlows 09-19-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-19-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
1. "Teamwork"
The red tribe is much more organized and coordinated in their paddling, at least in the images we see. All 8 of them are paddling pretty much in unison. On the other hand, the purple tribe has only 6 primary paddlers and one person in each end of the boat, which is not as efficient. Perhaps they are using one as a steersman and one as a coxswain, but it is still ineffecient. The 6 purple paddlers are not in sync at all.

Of course, this may be a non issue since this challenge is not entirely about strength. I still think purple wins. However, this may reveal how tribemates work with each other as a team.

Just for fun, note the Immunity Idol on the box in photos 2 and 3.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Teamwork"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-02 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

Number 24...
Logic that red/orange tribe out in front at that point: The flag would show up against the rock if the boat in front of it had were redish, whereas purple would blend (as it does). Any other takers on analyzing that pic?

Edited to add that the middle boat looks to be a crew boat since the other two have that front swoop (I'm sure there is a name for it, but hellifIknow).

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE What I am curious about is..."
if this is the first challenge which I believe Early Show said (correction?) where are the big flowers that we saw in the other video caps where JP pulled out the Immunity Idol? Are these two different challenges? He is wearing the same clothes but in the flower challenge his hat was off. I'm confused. If the flower challenge is a different challenge, the Survivors on the dock in the pic where he pulls the II out of the crate should only have 15 people then.

Can anyone clarify?

09-19-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
4. "Clarification...I hope"
Yes, this is a bit confusing. Let me offer the following evidence to indicate that they are separate challenges.

In this photo, the box is in the center of the platform. Jiffy has on a bright blue shirt as he bends down to untie(?) one of the boats. The idol is on top of the box.

In this photo, Erin has a buff on her head and a loose shirt. Jiffy is seen wearing a ball cap.

In this photo, the box is near the edge of the platform and Erin has on a bikini. Jiffy is in the center of the group with a light blue shirt on. No idol on the box. You might want to review my post on the SOTS thread regarding this photo about who and who is not identified.

In this photo, most of the people are prepared to swim, Jiffy has on a light blue shirt with no cap, and the Immunity Idol is sitting on the box.

Analysis:

(1)Two different box locations, two different styles of dress for Jiffy, and different clothing for the survivors. CBS says the boat race is the first IC and I do not believe CBS would lie to the general public. The boat race WILL be the 1st IC.

(2) Regarding the activities in the last two photos, it seems to me that perhaps Jiffy is recovering the Immunity Idol from the purple tribe (from Stephanie or Jed?) while most of them still have shirts on, sets it on the box in the last photo which also shows the contestants after they have striped off their shirts in preparation for the coming lotus flower swimming.

(3) Finally, I do not think the lotus flower challenge is part of the "mental" part of the 1st IC because the big boats are not present and the challenge map showed the 4 flag sites (the mental part) to be on land.

At least that is the way I read it.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Clarification...I hope"
Although it would make more sense for those to be two different days something that I read in Jeff's live transcript posted at survivornews stuck out.

Why do you wear the same shirt and shorts on every show?
JP: *laughs* I'm laughing because it's funny - you're right. The truth is, those shirts only come in khaki and blue so this season we actually dyed some a different color because I (like you) was sick of the light blue. But just to be sentimental I did wear a light blue shirt on the first episode as a goodbye.

The differnet looking color of the shirt could just be the differences in the card that captured the images. The water looks really different in color as well but I doubt that it really is.

Maybe the boat race is to get to the best camp?
pancho

09-19-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Clarification...I hope"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-02 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

>But just to be sentimental I did wear a light
>blue shirt on the first episode as a goodbye.

He never says it was the only episode (although the "goodbye" certainly implies that) nor does he say that he only wore it for only one challenge. Perhaps the flower challenge thing is part of how the tribes are selected??? The other choice is that the TVGuide Channel stuff is from some future episode (there do seem to be some foks missing from the group photo) and that Jiffy is playing with us again.

09-19-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
9. "Jiffy's Blue Shirt"
Jiffy is never very clear about this sort of thing. To him, a light blue and a dark blue might be different or one and the same. I don't think it matters to much in this case because there are other factors.

I don't think the lotus flower challenge is how the tribes are chosen because because the big boats are not there, the big square box is located near the edge of the floating platform, the Immunity Idol is present, and Jiffy has no cap on. This is because on the 1st IC, the contestants started the boat race with buffs present, the big box was in the center of a floating platform and Jiffy (wearing a cap) pulled out the Idol for its first appearance.

I still think the tribes were chosen as follows:

1. Contestants walk in to beach area with no buffs, no lifejackets, and all their personal gear.
2. Contestants take seats where life jackets are waiting for them.
3. The seating order noted by other spoilers determines the tribal membership.
4. Contestants are now seen wearing life jackets in the ornate motor boats, but no buffs are seen.
5. Contestants find buffs in their life jacket linings or are given buffs based on life jacket lable colors or some such scheme when they arrive at Taratao, probably at some beach where they are issued basic cooking gear, etc. and are assigned their campsites.

Boy, I better stop before I REALLY get off the subject of Jiffy's blue shirt.

Chalk it up to opening night excitement I guess!!! Only 3 hours and 16 minutes by my watch! Yeeeee-haaaaa!!!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Clarification...I hope"
Question about the Lotus Flower Challenge.
Where are the 'buffs'?

09-19-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
6. "RE: RE What I am curious about is..."

- Image 3 clearly shows Stephanie, Erin, Shii, and Jeb on the Purple team, with possibly Tanya up front

- Image 6 & 8 show John and Jan in Red

- Image 9-12 seem to show Brian, Helen, Clay, Jan in RED, and 4 people on the right side of RED

- Image 13 seems to show Ken in the back of Purple, but regardless clearly shows 8 people in the boat

- Image 17/18 clearly shows Brian and Ted in the back of RED without likely Ghandia in front of Ted, but clearly 4 oars are on the left side

...so clearly all 16 survviors are in the boat.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-02, 04:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: RE What I am curious about is..."
I haven't been around here for the beginning of a season before. Would they really show a group photo like that from any episode other than the first one before the game began?
It does not seem likely to me. Of course I am often wrong, just ask my kids.
pancho

09-19-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
10. "You bet your sweet..."
potato they would! Very common to insert photos or video clips from future episodes. They try anything to keep people guessing and confused. See how people are confused even now about the 1st IC being boat race/lotus flower challenge, canoe paddling event, etc. Simplest to see (and the producer Mark Burnett knows it, but doesn't seem to care too much) are the guys with heavy beards, obviously not from day one. Likewise, if they have a full or partial group shot from episode 2,3,or 4, where it may be hard to identify everyone, Burnett will have no compunctions about dropping it on us. Constant vigilance is the key, trust no one, the devil is in the details, etc., etc.

By the way, welcome aboard.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-02, 05:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: RE What I am curious about is..."
Pancho, MB just looooves tweaking his spoiling audience; he has had misplaced caps from prior seasons just to screw around so it is a high possibility. In fact, the only thing that really bothered me was Jeff's shirt/shorts being the same. I'm not even going to say for sure that whoever posted that question in his chat about his short and shirts was from an "authentic" person and wouldn't be surprised if it was a "planted" question for him to answer the way he did just to screw around b/c they knew what they were going to show us. Sound farfetched? Not for Survivor, IMO. Remember the famous TC photo from Survivor 1?

09-19-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: RE What I am curious about is..."
Sure, in S2 they showed footage without Debb and Kel (and we were struggling to figure out which would go first.) In S4 there was a shot of the tribe walking where it was possible to tell Peter was not seen.

...typically Burnett has not made such a big secret of the first bootee as he has this time, it's unclear if this is a sign of much tighter upcoming security.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •