The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Red Tribe torch colors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Red Tribe torch colors"
Ok, I haven't seen this discussed yet (maybe I jsut missed it) but I'm wondering if we can get some future possible boot ideas from the color of each survivor's torch.

Remember, we saw the below during Sue Hawk's TV Guide Channel visit:

...I haven't seen the video myself, but the belief is that these were RED TRIBE's torches shown at the RED TRIBE camp -- indicating that by the time of Sue's visit (maybe Day 13 -- assuming you believe there are only 12 survivor's shown in the dock photo) assuming the RED TRIBE stores all their torches together, RED TRIBE has been to council three times (five torches are shown.)

If the five torches we see, TWO are silver, THREE are GOLD.

Now I went through the Ep 1 Tribal Council tape and captured the following, but the bottom line is the following:

JOHN- GOLD
GHANIA - GOLD
TED - GOLD
BRIAN - GOLD
TANYA - GOLD
HELEN - SILVER
JAN - SILVER
CLAY - SILVER

John's GOLD is gone, so that means one (and only one) of either GHANIA, TED, BRIAN, or TANYA are among the next two RED TRIBE boots. And therefore ONE (and only ONE) of either HELEN, JAN, or CLAY are among the next two RED TRIBE BOOTS.

Sure, this doesn't tell us EXACTLY who's going next, or when, but of the two camps I've have to say:

A) GHANDIA seems clear to be the most likely of TED, BRIAN, TANYA, or herself to go

B) HELEN has enormous weight loss spoilers, JAN and CLAY less-so, so perhaps oneof either JAN or CLAY gets booted at the 3rd or 4th Tribal Council

Of course, this all assumes that A) the TV Guide vicap does indeed show all of the remaining RED TRIBE torches, B) that a Switch hasn't occurred by the time of Sue's visit -- so this information might end up being useless, but I figured it doesn't hurt to keep it in mind

For those wondering, below is how I determined each person's torch color:

Ted takes a Gold torch, and you can see the very edge of Jan taking a silver torch

John takes a gold and hands another gold to Ghandia

This is out of order, but after the lighting of the torches, you see Brian taking his gold, Clay placing his silver, Jan her silver, and Ted his gold torch into their holders

Helen is visible holding her silver torch

This shot serves to establish everyone's position -- John, Helen, Clay, Ghandia, Brian, Tanya, Jan, and Ted. Notice John is a little behind everyone.

On the left side, we can see two silver torches in front of Ghnaia's shirt sleeve (again, remember John is a bit behind and out of the photo.) Based on the earlier picture, we know Helen nd Clay are to Ghandia's right, and we already knew Helen was silver -- but we now can also mark Clay as silver.

These last four images can be used to quickly confirm some of the colors (well, maybe not at this 1/4 of their original size, but trust me, in their original size they are handy) but I used the above other images to more definitively confirm the colors. Oh, and yes, we are still missing Tanya -- but her torch is clearly visible in one of the actual size vidcaps I took and I've attached a crop of it below.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Red Tribe torch colors ejm92 09-22-02 1
 RE: Red Tribe torch colors true 09-22-02 2
 RE: Red Tribe torch colors SurvivinDawg 09-22-02 3
 Another thought... SurvivinDawg 09-22-02 4
   RE: Another thought... DiamondK 09-23-02 5
       RE: Another thought... SurvivorBlows 09-23-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-22-02, 00:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Red Tribe torch colors"
Incredible analysis....I had that in my mind when I saw the different colored torch rings...one thing that concerned me, though, is that, unlike past survivor series, I don't see names on these torches. If this is so, torches could easily get mixed up and anyone could have any color....I personally thought their names were engraved in the gold or something, but it looks as if they just grabbed up a torch and dipped it in the fire.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Red Tribe torch colors"
Thank you for putting this together, Webby. I think it is definately something to watch in the next couple weeks. It will be interesting to see if the survivors use the same torches each week, or if they just grab one and go. I'm surprised they didn't make them all identical.

Webby, the quality of your vidcaps is outstanding. Keep 'em coming.

-true *no longer dial up challenged*
P.F.T.P.O.S.E.H
People For The Preservation Of Shakes Enourmous Head

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-02, 11:15 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Red Tribe torch colors"
Several spoilers suggest that Ted goes deep into the game. Also, there is some suggestion that Clay goes likewise (although admittely the scoop on Clay is a mixed bag (pun not intended in any of that)).

So maybe we should be looking at Jan as a possible bootee pre-merge.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-02, 06:22 PM (EST)
4. "Another thought..."
If someone said this already, I missed it, but...

If it's correct that Sue & Co. saw this scene around Day 13... that would indicate that BigRedChewyGum went to TC 3 of the first 4 times. That means they're getting slaugtered in the challenges. It would probably add to any tension that apparently comes up when Ghandia, Clay and Ted have a problem.

Also, we must not forget the potential for a Tribal Swap of people. If there is one, then those 5 torches mean that everyone would likely have one (i.e. both tribes have gone to TC), and BigRedChewyGum still went to the 4th TC (oderwise, everyone wouldn't have a torch, follow the logic there ).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

DiamondK 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-23-02, 01:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Another thought..."
Sue was on the set to see the prep for the challenges in episode 2, probably the same time as the other journalists (during eps 1-2). I seriously doubt she stayed much longer than the others.

In her tvguide interview of JP at the TC, she pretends to be the host of a celebrity survivor, and JP is a player. She questions him as if he were in a TC .... "so jeff, what have you learned about yourself on this day, day 16...." That has nothing to do with which day she was there.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Another thought..."
I think we're still trying to figure out if it's Day 4-6, why there are not 15 survivors visible in the below. The fact that here are only 5 torches shown and that a few more survivors seem to be missing would seem to point to something beyond Day 4-6, and I think that's where Dawg and I were coming from.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •