The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity necklace?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity necklace?"
I don't even really consider spoiling this thing to be a "real spoiler" -- the only time it might actually help us would maybe be trying to figure out Episode 7's Immunity winner -- but after seeing necklaces like this all over the place I'm wondering if the immunity necklace is going to be a similar style this season.

Would they ever make anything with so small a focus???

On the statue:

On Jiffy: (and zoomed in on)

And what are these on Erin and Jedd -- coincidence???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Immunity necklace? weltek 09-04-02 1
 RE: Immunity necklace? SurvivinDawg 09-04-02 2
 RE: Immunity necklace? Swami 09-04-02 3
   RE: Immunity necklace? weltek 09-05-02 5
       RE: Immunity necklace? PhillyBrat 09-05-02 6
 RE: Immunity necklace? dabo 09-04-02 4
   RE: Immunity necklace? anotherkim 09-08-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 08:22 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-02 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

I think that thang on the idol could be an immunity necklace. It seems ornate enough without being overbearing. We have all voiced opinion on the big ugly immunity necklaces in the past. Maybe MB listened to the masses this time. Is that yellow around it some kind of featherish thing, making it more ornate, thus immunity worthy??

And I think Jiffy has worn that necklace in the past. Surprised there isn't a purple rock on it.

As for Jed and Erin, I don't think we can derive anything from that because Jed is wearing it in his pre-game interview shot. Why would they have a "team necklace" or "friendship necklace" (ala Lindsay & co.) then?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
After that atrocious excuse for an Immunity Necklace in Survivor III, I wouldn't even guess what they might come up with.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
To my eye, the idol is wearing 2 necklaces. One a decorated flower garland (flower garlanding a religious statue is quite common in most parts of Asia), and the other a medallion on a dark cord or beaded cord. I doubt a flower garland could be even part of the immunity necklace, which leaves the medallion as a possible candidate.

The necklaces on Jeff, Jed, Erin, etc. are so similar in style to what people wear on H.S. & college campuses, I think they are just fashion accessories. I've seen Jeff in a similar necklace before. I don't remember Jeff wearing the immunity necklace in the past. Has he?

Swami

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-02, 08:33 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
I don't remember Jeff wearing the immunity necklace in the past. Has he?

No, not that I can recall. I'm staking my money that there is no way in hell that the IN is something as little as the one like Jeff is wearing in the above photo. The yellow thing on the Idol, now that's another story. I may stake a little money on that being the IN.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-05-02, 09:27 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
>I don't remember Jeff wearing the
>immunity necklace in the past.
>Has he?

>
>No, not that I can recall.
> I'm staking my money
>that there is no way
>in hell that the IN
>is something as little as
>the one like Jeff is
>wearing in the above photo.
> The yellow thing on
>the Idol, now that's another
>story. I may stake
>a little money on that
>being the IN.

Weltek is correct.. the IN has to be large and "gaudy" to show off that YOU won immunity.. These necklaces that are on Erin and Jet are just necklaces, nothing more, and why would we have an IN So early in the game.. (Jed's minus to facial hair..) I would say that the Yellow thing is the IN or its well something LOL.

And then there were none....

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-02, 03:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
These necklaces all remind me of the "friendship" necklaces Lindsey made for the slacker crew in Africa. I expect the actual immunity necklace to be something more impressive than what these people could likely manufacture for themselves on the island.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-02, 05:20 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Immunity necklace?"
Yep. As mentioned above, every other kid in high school and college wears one everywhere.

Just because I have standards, they call me a b*tch. Diana Ross

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •