The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zoe hits the media circus"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-26-02, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zoe hits the media circus"
I'm afraid we could lump every interview this nitwit does into one thread and still not have anything worth discussing--except perhaps on Bashers. . .

Zoe's Early Show appearance 4/26--I saw the whole damned thing and came away mystified. No wonder John called her an enigma--who can make sense of someone so completely clueless? The perpetual smirk doesn't help, of course. . .

Upon being reminded (shown clips) of her exchange with Tammy, she pretty much confirmed the "b¡tch" assessment is mutual.

She does not regret lying to Kathy, although she said she did apologize on the island. When asked again if she regretted lying to Kathy, she laughed heartily.

Said Pappy was the "anchor" of the tribe--anyone could go to him for advice.

Said Sean was great. Does it say a lot that she's the only one to say anything really complimentary about him? (I don't think Rob counts.)

Neleh is a sweetheart--says she will go places. . . in the future.

Much talk of how she doesn't bother with teevee much, never saw Survivor, her son thought she did well and had fun, and she flew by the seat of her pants and latched on to some people who knew enough to guide her game-playing strategies. How that jibes with the other statements that she WASN'T in a serious alliance, I don't know.

Lots of discussion of her calendar, which she said was in production WAY before the show. <Basher Alert> Seemed quite serious when she said the calendar (specifically JUNE--a nude beach shot) was "bait" for a Playboy gig. . . Yep, I bet they'll be calling her for the same issue as the Czech gymnastics team. . .

In all, she struck me as cocky, unrepentant, pretty full of herself, and a good candidate for Least Popular at the reunion show. At least we KNEW Gabe might turn out to be a flake--Zoe's lack of a personality or real Survivor qualities has been a real surprise. I've already had my rant on Bashers about how irritated I was to learn she wasn't edited as a mystery in order to hide a contender--she was edited as a nonentity because that's exactly what she was. . .

Maybe her other appearances will provide more clues to work with. The overwhelming message I got from this was that this is a woman who deserves to be slapped silly, for wasting our time.

GT

Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Zoe hits the media circus sweetpea 04-26-02 1
   RE: Zoe hits the media circus steppingrazor42 04-26-02 3
       RE: Zoe hits the media circus leadballoon 04-26-02 8
 RE: Zoe hits the media circus TechNoir 04-26-02 2
   "Developmentally disabled?" George Tirebiter 04-26-02 4
       RE: "Developmentally disabled?" shakes the clown 04-26-02 5
           RE: "Developmentally disabled?" SurvivinDawg 04-26-02 7
               good one dawg shakes the clown 04-26-02 15
           More so than Lamber? magicskip 04-29-02 20
       RE: "Developmentally disabled?" TechNoir 04-26-02 11
 One spoiler to come out: SurvivinDawg 04-26-02 6
   RE: One spoiler to come out: Serendipity 04-26-02 9
   RE: One spoiler to come out: danderoo 04-28-02 19
 RE: Zoe hits the media circus I_AM_HE 04-26-02 10
   RE: Zoe hits the media circus TechNoir 04-26-02 12
       RE: Zoe hits the media circus Teddy_Bear 04-28-02 18
   Disagree with your disagree George Tirebiter 04-26-02 13
       Zoe the Film Star sweetpea 04-26-02 14
           This is too much dabo 04-27-02 16
       RE: Disagree with your disagree I_AM_HE 04-27-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-02, 11:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
I agree wholeheartely with your assessment of Zoe. I almost threw up my Special K when I saw her nude calendar picture and rolled around laughing on the floor when she said she is waiting for a call from Playboy.

However, I found the discussion of Sean to be somewhat interesting. She was asked about the difference in how Sean is being portrayed now--in fact the weatherman (I forget his name) said that he thinks Sean is the winner. Anyway, after she commented on how Sean is being shown now as nice, personable person--she said that is true but it could change. Don't know if that could mean something or not.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
I instantly picked up on the Sean comments...when being asked if Sean was being edited fairly and if he really "shined" that much, she said something to the effect of, "Sean is a great guy, yada yada yada, but you never know what can happen on the island." Sorry I don't have the direct quote, but the "you never know what can happen" part indicates to me Sean definitely either has another blow out with someone or exits soon after T/R.

leadballoon 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 07:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
I thought I noticed when she spoke about Sean. She glanced at Clayson with I know a secret and I wanna tell but can't eyes. You know they kind lit up.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
I too was blessed with the opportunity to see the whole thing. The only glimpses of humanity were when she mentioned her son and when she spoke of taking home shells, making jewelry for her friends, and giving it out for Christmas presents. She was totally unpleasant, had a wretched laugh, and no redeeming social value.

(Yeah, Clown. I know this goes on Bashers.)

Spoiler hint: some folks "guided" her ... but I'm betting that was John, the survivor s1ut.

Worst part was that she thought she looked real good. Pumped for the crowd. And had something written on her belt that they said they couldn't read on TV. The only thing that makes me inclined to beg GT to spare her life is that she is obviously developmentally disabled. (That is what they call it these days, isn't it?)

Pitiful. Expect a rant on contestant selection on Bashers.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

04-26-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
4. ""Developmentally disabled?""
The term that came to me was "socially retarded." Perhaps this can be attributed to her life in a remote place, a livelihood that isolates her from humanity, or generations of inbreeding.

I know--I'm Bashing again. . . (I dare ANYONE to resist!) Will try to justify this by giving a special shout out to chide PagongRatEater, for starting another thread on this topic. . . The official transcript may help clear it up, but I got the feeling that Zoe's "apology" to Kathy was merely the one we were shown on the beach (the scene followed by Kathy whining that "Zoe just lied to my face. . .") not necessarily that they had spoken AFTER TC.

Of course, there's always hope.

GT

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: "Developmentally disabled?""
>I know--I'm Bashing again. . .
>(I dare ANYONE to resist!)

...you can't, its nearly impossible. I watched the Early Show tape and I agree with Sweetpea in that I really really wanted to throw up at several times during her interview. She has two of the worst traits a person can have...one, she is one of those people where every sentence she says is peppered with cliches...and two, she laughs heartily after her own lame assed comments that no one else would even find remotely funny.

She is certifiably the biggest moron in the history of Survivor, and the fact that she actually mentioned posing for Playboy is proof that she is also the most delusional contestant ever, and those are both two categories with very stiff competition.

Now, so I can throw a little spoiler stuff in here....I heard the Sean comment, but I kind of got the impression that when she said that things could change she was referring to how Sean's character already HAS changed in the eyes of the viewer. I don't think she meant that it might change again, but I could be wrong.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 07:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: "Developmentally disabled?""
Zoe seems to be trying very hard to do what shakestheclown suggested Pat was doing: throwing little "spoilers" out to us, on her own, and not doing a very good job.

After Pat threw out that "I hope Hunter wins", it took a whole box of Krispy Kremes to get shakestheclown calmed down again... and it may just be that Zoe is trying to outdo Pat.. excuse me, Tricia, in that department. Throwing out the little Sean stuff, and the Tammy stuff and the Kathy stuff, and the part about making it to the end.... hmmmm.....

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-02, 11:28 PM (EST)
15. "good one dawg"
>Zoe seems to be trying very
>hard to do what shakestheclown
>suggested Pat was doing:
>throwing little "spoilers" out to
>us, on her own, and
>not doing a very good
>job.

...I agree, she has that whole smug, keep my dumbasss in the spotlight at all costs type of thing going on. Although, now that I think about it, she might be too friggen dumb to even think about trying fake people out. That might require some level of abstract thought, and this girl/thing is most likely barely capable of remembering that socks go on before shoes.

>After Pat threw out that "I
>hope Hunter wins", it took
>a whole box of Krispy
>Kremes to get shakestheclown calmed
>down again...

....LOL! Thanks for remembering Dawg, I completely forgot how much I was on her dumb ass the second I read that comment. It was almost insulting as a spoiler to have her try something so blatant.

BTW Dawg, since we've been getting along so well these days I insist that you drop the formailities and call me "shakes". In a way, us gettting along is even more unlikely than the pappy/Sean combo, yet here we are.

magicskip 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-02, 09:35 AM (EST)
20. "More so than Lamber?"
"certifiably the biggest moron in the history of Survivor" ?!?!? Whoa, shakes, that's a big step. I'm not entirely sure ZZZZoe is quite as big a moron as Lamber. After all, Lamber had every sign showing that she was next to go, and still did nothing about it. ZZZZZoe just, well, hmmmm..... is disconnected from reality -- is that a good way to put it? She's at least smart enough to be trying to use her 15 minutes of fame to get (and try to extend) the publicity she wants for Playboy and her calendar.

BTW, the other aspect of this is that she's from Maine. It has been my experience that ZZZZZoe is fairly typical of people who spend their lives in Maine without much interaction in the outside world. I mean, it's another world up there. You cross the Piscataqua river bridge and see that sign "Welcome to Maine -- The Way Life Should Be" -- excuse me? Life "should" be frozen solid six months of the year, mud-bogged the next two, and swarmed with mosquitoes the size of small aircraft the other four? No thanks!!! But yet, to those who live there, they wouldn't have it any other way -- hence, the "disconnected from reality" comment -- at least, "reality" as known by the non-Maine population.

As for Sean, he seems to have a remarkable ability to keep people needing him on their side at one time or another. At this point, I see him going a long way. It's like he's slowly winning people over.

04-26-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: "Developmentally disabled?""
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

Yeah, developmentally disabled = moron ... see the clown, above.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Edited to correct the direction of the clown

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 07:26 PM (EST)
6. "One spoiler to come out:"
After reading her final chat and her Early Show appearance, I've noticed that Zoe doesn't mention Pappy and Neleh AT ALL!

Could See-BS have edited the chat, and controlled Jane Clayson so that these two weren't mentioned? If so, what does that mean?

Or did Zoe just have nothing to say about these two? Maybe they didn't spend jury time with her?

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
9. "RE: One spoiler to come out:"
Don't know what you mean. Someone above mentioned her comments on The Early Show about both Pappy and Neleh.

She said Nelah was a sweetheart, would go far in her life, and finished with something like "she's a real sweetheart".

She said Pappy was the one you could go to for guidance, could always talk to him, etc.

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-28-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: One spoiler to come out:"
She did say those two things about Paschal being the anchor, that they could talk to him about anything and that he was a calming influence. (Although, note that "calming influence" was not her own words, she just agreed with Clayson.)

And Neleh she said was a sweetheart. And that she's "going to go places ...<short pause>... some day."

Reading the transcripts and noting the pause it almost looks like a spoiler, that she threw in the "some day" to fix her slip. But in watching the interview it doesn't seem genuine at all. But I don't know if I could say that it was an intentional attempt to throw us off. I think she was trying to say kind words about her fellow survivors, when she didn't really have kind thoughts about them. In fact in most of the interview she seemed to be someone who was talking with nothing to say.

D

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

can't disagree with you more here GT
i saw none of what you're talking about on the Early Show (at least up till where the CBS clip freezes on me)

moving on, and not sure who mentioned this... about the laugh- i have a good friend who does a very similar thing. its not because she's clueless or self-absorbed or anything else mentioned - its a weird combination of shyness and a bit of unease mixed with outgoing friendliness.

yeah, she probably lacks great people/conversational skills, but that doesn't mean she's lacks a genuinely friendly, if somewhat quiet, personality

04-26-02, 10:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
Boggle. Are we on the same planet? Quiet personality?
She was amazingly self-serving and so very taken with herself.
And the writing on that belt that couldn't be read on TV hardly
speaks of a retiring and shy lady.

OK, time for me to take it to bashers.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-28-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Zoe hits the media circus"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-02 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

For information on the belt and more examples of her "shyness;" check out these 3 links:

For her SFever web chat: http://www.survivorfever.net/final_chat_zoe.html

For highlights of her See-BS, "Early Show" chat:

http://www.survivorfever.net/earlyshow_zoe.html

For more on her Hollywood aspirations, see this article:

http://www.mainelincolncountynews.com/index.cfm?ID=801
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kathy (to Rob M.): Do we have to keep our pants on?
Rob M.(to Kathy): Let's not get crazy.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you
feel inferior without your consent.
http://www.amnesty.org/

04-26-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
13. "Disagree with your disagree"
I-yam, a week ago I expected the same thing, but after seeing her in action my opinion has done a backflip. This was NOT a shy, self-conscious, uncomfortable laugh--she didn't stop grinning at herself the entire time on camera, and frequently laughed like she thought there was never anyone more clever. This was a woman who has become a celebrity in her tiny town in her tiny state and has apparently never had anyone say anything negative to her face (yeah, there IS Tammy, but she pretty much tried the "I'm rubber, you're glue" approach there.) There was an attitude affected behind every smirk, every comment, every laugh, every Hulk Hogan pose--Zoe is very much in love with herself, and thinks the rest of us should be, as well.

I KNOW shy, I've worked with shy--and Yammy, this girl is NOT shy. . .

The only positive thing I can say about her participation in Survivor is that she may have helped shakes rediscover the inner hatred that his LC experience had dulled. (That empathy thing did a real number on him. . .)

I only hope that her subsequent interviews don't yield so little, or her entire tenure on S4 will have been for naught.

GT

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 11:07 PM (EST)
14. "Zoe the Film Star"
Now it can be told--Zoe intends to be a feature film star

From her EW interview:

"Anything else you're hoping to parlay this into?
I'm hoping to get out of the lobster business, and I'd like to get into the entertainment industry and start acting.

I didn't realize that was a goal of yours. Movies or TV?
Obviously, my ultimate goal is feature films, but you gotta start somewhere. I don't want to limit myself."

Read the rest of the interview to see the reporter absolutely make crap out of Zoe.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,233871~3~0~zoesaysenoughof,00.html

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 00:57 AM (EST)
16. "This is too much"
This just kills me!

Did you really not see yourself in an alliance with John, Tammy, and the General?
This alliance thing, boy, didn't it just get in the way? It just kind of put a kibosh on some good stuff. It is what it is. As far as an alliance, I didn't take it as seriously as they did. I wasn't always in on all their goings-on. I was just doing my thing out there and exploring and diving and looking for food.

When John left the island, did you know your days were numbered?
Well, I was one of the votes for John. After speaking with John for a while, you knew a lot about the show and you knew how he was going to be. When he applied for the show, he had seen every single episode.

And you hadn't?
No, I hadn't.

So you didn't go into the game with any kind of strategy?
No, I didn't. It would have been nice if it had worked out, but it didn't.
(Okay, this is me pausing to go: HUH?)
My only strategy was kind of going about my business the way I do it. I was the new kid on the block just trying to see what was going on.
(Let's cut ahead a bit.)

But you played along with them and got caught lying about things also.
What are you talking about?

Um, well, Kathy for example.
I'd tell Rob anything to keep him going. I never really took Rob seriously but the problem is he took what I said seriously. He took it more seriously than it was worth. Sometimes in life you need to just say things.
(Just in case anyone doubted what GT said in the top post, just try to figure that one out.)

So you weren't going to kick Kathy off?
He made a mountain out of a molehill. Christ, she needed immunity that day on the floats. I knew Kathy was in a bad way. I dove in so she would get it.
(Excuse me while I have a giggle fit!)

Oh, my, that was hysterical. The spoiler value here is that if Kathy makes the final two she will get Zoe's vote, otherwise it's just a comedy routine looking for a good writer. Thanks for posting the link, sweetpea.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-02, 03:17 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Disagree with your disagree"
yeah, shy's not a good word GT, taht's not exactly what I meant
but i'm not really sure how to describe it. just that it (the laughing) reminds me very much of a friend, and that there's no negative conotation in it for me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •