The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"shell in opening sequence"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volnteer 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-02, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"shell in opening sequence"
hello, long time reader first time posting (haha)
I taped last nights recap show,and found something that could be very interesting when I was reviewing it.
Quite some time ago there was a posting on surviorfever (I think) that showed a number of vidcaps, and at the end of the posting they said
"take a close look at the shell in the opening sequence...you'll be glad you did"
Well, I did.
I have a VRC that allows you to pause and go forward frame by frame, viewing a very clear picture. This is what I saw when I did that with the fleeting glimpse of the shell that they show.
1st clip - only letters showing clear VOR
2nd clip - only letter clear S
3rd clip - full word SURVIVOR clear
4th clip - only the letter clear S
5th frame begins the Island fly over shot

I took about a minute to think " V or Sean Survivor? Answer Sean"
I don't know if this could mean the ultimate winners, or who gets booted next show. I taped over the other shows, so cannot go back and check to see if this has been running for other shows or if this is the first time. I will tape again tonight and check.
Is this a deliberate clue? Hard to believe its not for a number of reasons.
Burnett's telling us to look closely at the recap episode.
Why would they show 4 seprate shots of the same shell that is only onscreen for a very brief flash, when they could just show one shot of the shell with the full word SURVIVOR on it?
I don't have the capability to show the vid caps on this board, does anyone else? Can they have a closer look and post if they think this may be important?
Happy Hunting
Hugs and Kisses,
Vol

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: shell in opening sequence volnteer 04-25-02 1
   RE: shell in opening sequence dabo 04-25-02 2
       RE: shell in opening sequence volnteer 04-25-02 3
 RE: shell in opening sequence I_AM_HE 04-25-02 4
   RE: shell in opening sequence RDIheath 04-25-02 5
 RE: shell in opening sequence George Tirebiter 04-25-02 6
   RE: shell in opening sequence DarkLotus 04-26-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-25-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: shell in opening sequence"

>Quite some time ago there was
>a posting on surviorfever (I
>think) that showed a number
>of vidcaps, and at the
>end of the posting they
>said
>"take a close look at the
>shell in the opening sequence...you'll
>be glad you did"

Hello again,
I am not trying to bump up response #'s. I went back and found the quote. It was Paratrooper who posts on Survivorfever.net.
The quote is
"BTW, the final answer to Mr. Burnett's game this time, is in the Silver "Survivor" Sea Shell that you will see in the opening sequence tonight. Be sure to take a close look! You won't regret it!"
So I guess that means they think it does refer to the final two. I kind of hope not because I origionally had Zoe or Kathy as the winner. Oh well...
Thank you
Vol

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
2. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
Welcome to Blows, volnteer. This shell thing may be worth looking at but it doesn't seem to have much value going into episode 9, which is the immediate concern today. It would be a good thing if you provided a link to Paratrooper's post.

SMILES ARE FREE

04-25-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
3. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
I'll try Dabo,
Thank you for the welcome. Any place that I should have posted this instead?
Here is the link. Scroll down, the reference is almost at the bottom of his page as it was from way back.
Vol
http://www.survivorfever.net/prediction_paratrooper.html

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
4. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
well...Zoe's neckalce has a shell on it...don't know if the shell you're refering to is the same type (or if it matters) but this could indicate that Zoe wins?

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-02 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

This is a cut and paste of a post elsewhere that I put up

Ok everyone FLAME AWAY...Im a BIG BOY and can take it!!!!
I just read another post...on another board by someone revisiting the Shell images in the opening credits and the Paratrooper claim that these hold the key to the entire survivor season.
I dont know if this has already been discussed but is it possible that rather than there being something hidden in the images within the shell...i.e. a shadow, or initials of the winner or something of the like that the shells are a mere representation of the winner? There was a BIG push by MB in the first 2 episodes about Kathy finding all the "SHELL" fish and feeding the tribe, and then in last nights re-crap episode it was heavily played up there even to the point that we were shown MORE footage than in the original episodes themselves.
Im not sure if I believe this or not but what else do we have to go on at this point.

Please BE KIND

Half the world IS Half the world WAS
Half the world THINKS while the other half DOES

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
I don't understand what's supposed to be relevant. Paratrooper's pix (and it appears he posted this at the time of his Ep. 1 predictions--he is NOT always on the mark) don't show anything in particular, and he doesn't say anything but the cryptic promise that it is the clue to Burn-it's game.

I went back and looked at the opening, frame by frame; my VCR gave me eight frames of the shell with the lens flare. To say the shif'less Sean must be the winner because at one point you see the first and last letters, which happen to be his initials? Sorry. Seems like we have enough straws to grasp at, without trying to work this hard.

GT

All constants are variables. - Murphy's Twelfth Law

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-02, 07:58 AM (EST)
7. "RE: shell in opening sequence"
I agree. I checked this myself when I got home this afternoon, and while I agree it *is* there, couldn't you also say that it's actually just focused on the "VO" of Survivor instead of "VOR"?

VO= Vavrick O'Brien

Just shows that you can read what you want into this... I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Although it does support my "Kathy wins" theory.

- Dark Lotus
"My balls... my balls... my balls..." - Sean

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •