The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Zoë the Enigma"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Zoë the Enigma"
Zoë has proven to be quite an enigmatic force throughout Survivor Marquesas, but we still have very little insight into the kind of player she is. Until the last two episodes, Zoë was virtually invisible, and it was unapparent whether she was a force to be reckoned with or simply one who would swim with the current, play a supporting role and be voted out without us ever fully getting a grasp of her character.

Because we’ve been given so little actual air time to allow us to perform a well-informed character analysis of her, I’ve decided to do as thorough an astrological analysis that my little experience will offer in hopes of understanding the kinds of moves she may make in the game (For basic information on all members of Soliantu, check out the astrology thread on Bashers). For those of you who scoff at astrology’s spoiler or even speculative value, I urge you to simply look at this with an open mind; for those who believe in this stuff and have worlds more experience to add (ahem, OFG ), I encourage you to jump in. However, I think we can also put to use what we have seen of Zoë to try and figure this elusive woman out, and I encourage people to add further non-astro information and to connect any of this to what we’ve actually seen on the show.

I’ll do my best to explain the lesser known influences—feel free to pose questions for one of the astro-experts if I’m to ambiguous.

Sun Sign
Zoë’s sun sign, Pisces, is a water sign, which makes her emotional and intuitive. Pisces is also a mutable sign which makes her receptive, intuitive, impressionable, adaptable, and changeable. Ultimately, Zoë is not one to firmly stand her ground; rather, she’s likely to go with the flow, in an effort not to upset the current trends. This can easily explain her decision to change her allegiances with the shift in power last week—she doesn’t want to swim against the tide.
Because Neptune is the ruling planet, however, she will also be seen as mysterious and even deceptive (read: liar).

Pisceans generally are rather mystical and intuitive people. They are pretty good at reading others, but despite this ability, they have a penchant for picking the wrong companions. We obviously saw evidence of this with her “alliance” with J/T/R. However, this can be attributed to the fact that Pisceans tend to be enormously influenced by those who are close to them. Ultimately, they have a very hard time saying, “No,” and this can often lead to them being the creators of their own demise. Pisceans tend to be very unsure of themselves and thus prefer to work alone. Especially in Zoë's position in Pisces, she requires solitude and periods of withdrawal from others in order for her to think things through, review and meditate. Without that, she is likely to become far more aloof, and may go with the flow, even if she disagrees with it.

These are the very things that led to Zoë’s portrayal as a deceptive liar. Although she may have known that she didn’t agree with the J/T/R/Z alliance, she couldn’t say no to it, and also didn’t have time to really think it through. Because of this, her response, although still affirming her commitment to J/T/R, was committal, but not specific. More than likely, this is because she wanted to go with the flow and take the easy way out. Her tendency to want to flee the trouble the foursome caused at the IC was typical, and very much explains any new allegiance she may have begun to form with K/N/P.

Another key component of Piscean personalities is their elusiveness—considering her editing, and people’s general inability to know where she stands, we can see that she exudes this elusive quality. This may prove to her benefit, in that no one will even know her true strategy, but it can also prove to hinder her relationships with others, as not knowing where someone stands certainly doesn’t lead to a level of trust that most want in an ally.

Some other things we can expect of Zoë based on her sun sign: strong intuition, impractical, capable of great sacrifice to attain a goal, an instinct to look for the path of least resistance (my guess is we’ll continue to see this a lot), loyalty, unselfishness, generosity, sensitivity and strong sense of devotion toward friends (Kathy?).

Because Zoë was born on March 17th, she’s considered a cusp Pisces, which means she has a strong Aries influence. The sun sign Aries is very different from Pisces, and brings with it keen powers of observation that compliment that already sharp intuition, a strong personality that makes a huge impact on others, and an ability to execute plans despite obstacles. She is capable of very intense devotion, and my guess is her original devotion was to Kathy (and perhaps even Neleh and Paschal), thus making it a little easier for her to abandon her less-well-thought-out alliance to carry out her allegiance and devotion to the people she really cared about. What are the obstacles here? Possibly Tammy, Sean, Vee, even Robert—we’ll see how that plays out. Something we haven’t seen, that may surface soon is an innate ability to persuade others through her ability to speak—this may be happening behind the scenes, and we can see some of this in the extended version (on CBS site) of her discussion with Kathy on the beach.

Moon Sign

Zoë’s moon is in Aquarius, which makes her not only idealistic and tolerant, but also unpredictable, contrary, and aloof. Add this to her Pisces sun influence, and we get one very hard-to-read woman. Her moon sign adds an extra notch on her intuitive abilities. Zoë’s Aquarian moon leads her ultimately to deal with situations with an open-minded approach (i.e. J/T/R/Z alliance, re-alliance with Kathy, etc.). This moon influence also heightens her persuasive charm with other people.

Planetary Influences

Each of the planets and their placement in a person’s chart influence a person in a number of different ways. The following are the placements of each of the planets in Zoë’s astrological chart, with brief lists of how they affect her:

Mercury in Aries
-Makes her eager to get things done her way
-She may be too impulsive, with little planning going into her actions, but she tends to have luck with her first instincts being right on target
-She can be argumentative

Venus in Aquarius
-Contributes to a kind and loving nature toward others.
-She will walk away from emotional scenes.
-She has a strong belief in fairness and openness.

Mars in Aries
-Contributes to self-confidence (counter-balances her Piscean tendency to be less sure of herself)
-Open about how she feels about matters
-Has a domineering will to win and is able to make others respond to her ideas

Jupiter in Gemini
-She will profit where communication is prominent—if she has open communication with other tribe members, she is more likely to get her way

Saturn in Pisces
-Leads to a tendency to make personal sacrifices and even take inferior positions, even if her talents, ideas, etc. are superior. So, although she may be worthy of a leadership position, Zoë may take on a supporting role to someone like John or Kathy.

Uranus in Virgo
-Seeks complete autonomy when carrying out her own ideas and may rebel against the restrictions of others. This is in direct opposition to the above Saturn influence, but may explain her unwillingness to keep up with an alliance she doesn’t necessarily agree with.

Neptune in Scorpio
-She has a need to let the truth be known, especially truths that have been hidden.

Ultimately, I think we can expect to see Zoë continuously portrayed as an elusive, hard-to-read, yet loyal player in this game. She had an early connection with all the members of original Rotu, but had a strong friendship with Kathy, and most likely one with Paschal and Neleh. Based on all of her influences, Zoë has the will, drive, and sheer ability to win this game, and with her inclination to always go with the flow, may go far still. However, her elusive nature may also continue to lead to distrust from the other members of the group—whether that leads to her ultimate demise is yet to be seen, but if she can put to use her strong persuasive abilities, we may, in fact, see a new leadership emerge.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Zoë the Enigma shakes the clown 04-21-02 1
   RE: Zoë the Enigma Frau Hexe 04-21-02 2
       not exactly shakes the clown 04-21-02 3
           RE: not exactly Frau Hexe 04-21-02 4
               RE: In Defence of Astrogoy as a mea... Teddy_Bear 04-22-02 5
                   RE: In Defence of Astrogoy as a mea... jkokoj 04-22-02 6
 RE: Zoë the Enigma Outfrontgirl 04-22-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Zoë the Enigma"
Do we really need yet another Zzzzz thread on spoilers? Wouldn't this post be more appropriate here....

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2600.shtml

....where there is already the very astrological discussion going on that you speak of in your post. Or maybe this should be in Fanatics altogether.

04-21-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Zoë the Enigma"
Do we really need yet another Zzzzz thread on spoilers?

Well, considering there is so little long term analysis here of late (and when there is, it's bumped off the page by senseless drivel), and considering there is truly no in-depth analysis of Zoe herself, it seems perfectly appropriate to start a new thread here. I'm talking about new theories and new concepts, both of which generally warrant new threads.

Wouldn't this post be more appropriate here....
....where there is already the very astrological discussion going on that you speak of in your post.

It has not been uncommon in the past to start new threads that deal with in-depth character analysis of individual Survivors, especially in terms of astrology. Because that post you speak of is not only on Bashers, where people do not go to speculate about the show's outcome (and thus out of place in the first place, as far as many of us are concerned), but is also a general post regarding the entire tribe dynamics--not Zoe specifically--this does not quite fit it.

Or maybe this should be in Fanatics altogether.

Considering my post does not seek to celebrate Zoe, and in addition may reveal a greater understanding of her more deceptive sides, I see no place for it on Fanatics at all. Had you read my analysis, you might have found that this is not a horoscope from the back of Woman's Day but rather something that requires thought, time, and effort.

Additionally, compared to much of the meaningless, unfounded nonsense that appears on Spoilers lately, this should be the least of your concerns. Plenty of our seasoned spoilers here find value in the astrological analysis people like OFG have made, and while you may take issue with it, there are plenty who believe the analyis done so far has been valuable in predicting the behavior and actions of the contestants. The bottom line is, if you aren't interested, or if you don't believe in astrology, don't read it--it's really quite simple.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
3. "not exactly"
>Well, considering there is so little
>long term analysis here of
>late (and when there is,
>it's bumped off the page
>by senseless drivel),

....no, its bumped off the page cause long term analysis is generally a big fat waste of time. Let's do this one show at a time, that's the only way we are successful here. Don't tell me what Zzzzzz is gonna do if she gets to the final 4, tell me what she is gonna do next episode.

and considering
>there is truly no in-depth
>analysis of Zoe herself, it
>seems perfectly appropriate to start
>a new thread here.

....Zzzzz has no in-depth analysis because there is absolutely nothing to work with regarding her character that would warrant such analysis.

I'm
>talking about new theories and
>new concepts, both of which
>generally warrant new threads.

..no you're not. You're talking about the exact same stuff that generated a whopping 8 replies last week in OFG's astrology thread. You're comments would be better served in that thread cause it would also serve to bump the original thoughts.

>Because that post you speak
>of is not only on
>Bashers, where people do not
>go to speculate about the
>show's outcome (and thus out
>of place in the first
>place, as far as many
>of us are concerned

..no, the post I linked to is on Spoilers.

>concerns. Plenty of our seasoned
>spoilers here find value in
>the astrological analysis people like
>OFG have made, and while
>you may take issue with
>it, there are plenty who
>believe the analyis done so
>far has been valuable in
>predicting the behavior and actions
>of the contestants. The bottom
>line is, if you aren't
>interested, or if you don't
>believe in astrology, don't read
>it--it's really quite simple.

...when did I say I had a problem with the astrological threads? I've read all the threads you speak of and find it very intersting in terms of spoiling. But, that doesn't change the fact that this post should be in that thread due to the over proliferation of Zzzzz threads on spoilers the last few days. The reason I suggested Fanatics is because I have noticed a small fanatical Zzzzz following on the boards so far, and I think a lot of Zzzzz spoilers tend to choose to forget certain spoiling truths in shaping their Zzzzzz speculation. For instance, and I'm not saying you are in this group, anyone who speculates that Zzzz has a chance at winning this game without mentioning her utter lack of character development/screen time as a deterent is clearly in this group.

04-21-02, 11:31 PM (EST)
4. "RE: not exactly"
I have no desire to waste my energy arguing with you. You're simply out to try to prove yourself right, me wrong, and generally make a fool out of me, none of which appeals to me.

However, I would like to correct one point of information.
Yes, the post to which you linked was on Spoilers--it was a thread started by MIS, which was used to supply links to and remind people of not only OFG's thread on Bashers, but also my update thread (to which I referred in my post), on Bashers.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-22-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: In Defence of Astrogoy as a means of spoiling"
Frau hexe, I really like your threads; especially this season.
I feel this type of speculation doesn't get enough respect.
I find your threasds very impressive.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-22-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
6. "RE: In Defence of Astrogoy as a means of spoiling"
I found this thread intersting, easy to read and helps me better understand how Zoe may be using strategy.

Sorry Shakes but I think the astrology threads are a good source.

Thanks Frau.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-02, 06:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Zoë the Enigma"
Hexe this is beautiful analysis!

I think the contrast between Aries (open, direct, impulsive) and Pisces (hates confrontation, goes with flow) indeed offers a key to Zoe's contradictions.

Mercury rules how a person communicates. With Mercury in Aries, a person prefers to let it all hang out. Maybe Zoe can do that comfortably at home, maybe not, but certainly not in Survivor. Mercury in Aries are BAD liars and they hate to sweep stuff under the rug. (I relate to this, because I have Mercury in Aries, that's why I chose my particular screen-name).

Zoe's basic nature (Pisces) has been stifling her natural tendency to communicate in an "outfront" manner. That's my theory on why she's been so quiet.

Survivor comparisons:
Born on St. Patrick's Day--Mitchell and Zoe.
Mars in Aries: Ethan and Varner.
Mercury in Aries: Tbird, Kelly G.. Diane, Nick (who?), Joel.

A reverse of the Aries/Pisces mix.
Varner and Dicque are Aries with Mercury in Pisces.
Their Mercury's allow them to be "flexible" with the truth even though they are brash, egotistical Aries males ...

Zoe's mix bodes less well for her. When her directness finally manifests, it may be seen as too little, too late, and suspected as devious.

When I have more time, I want to add some about the Aquarius Moon and the importance of her Mercury conjunct Mars, and the Sun conjunct Saturn. Maybe someone will beat me to it, please, please!

If we only had the birth time, we could figure out their Rising Signs and other precise stuff and really kick ass with this. Sigh.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •