The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-16-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-02 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling - Episode 8

Well, here goes my first try at some major post on this board. I hope all of you, my dear friends, will find this helpful. In writing this, I have gained immense respect for all those who have done this before me. Obviously, the trick is to boil down everything into a coherent summary (a nearly impossible task). I had some crisis regarding when to post the SOTS, as much of the really good spoiling is done on Wednesday and Thursday. I decided to go ahead and post this on Tuesday night, in the hopes that it might spark a Grand Unified Theory discussion. Here is my round-up of all the major and minor spoilers, speculation, theories, and discussion.

First off, I would like to start with the spoiler board guidelines as a reminder for us all. If you are relatively new to this board and have not read them, please do so immediately.

Night scribe laid-out the pros and cons for each remaining contestant in his boot speculation. However, we have "spoilers" that indicate Kathy and Sean make it farther into the game.

The early spoiling discussion centered on what happens if there is a tie and the, perhaps, related who would give up immunity? This led to some posters concluding that the tribe member that wins immunity may determine the outcome of a tie vote. This may be important as we seem to have vidcap proof that Tammy wears the immunity necklace this week (Does she win immunity or is she given immunity?).

We had discussion of the title-"The Jury's Out", the CBS Preview, and the Preview Vidcaps. Bungler posted a second round of preview vidcaps on Monday. The previews seemed to indicate that the RC would be a kite flying competition, the reward would be a scuba diving excursion (and a Snickers bar) , and the winner may get to bring along a partner. Since two divers were shown holding hands, some speculated that it was not two males and perhaps either Sean and Vee or Paschal and Neleh. The CBS Preview also focused on Sean and Vee vowing to "fight to the end," but John having his own plans, as well as Kathy confronting Zoe regarding the "truth." The general consensus was that Kathy and Zoe would probably work things out. Some felt that John's "plan" was to use Sean and Vee to get rid of Kathy/Paschal/Neleh, but this may backfire and K/P/N or Zoe/Tammy/Robert may recruit Sean and Vee to get rid of John. VanQ brought us Tammy's Quote from the SeeBS site: "...I feel like I have formed, you know, bonds or alliances or whatever you want to call them, with the right people. Those 5 people will take me into the final 5...." There was much speculation regarding whether this meant the "Rotu 4" had been enlarged to include Vee or maybe Neleh and Pascal.

I started a discussion regarding how S'Dawg's "hollow-theory" relates to Episode 8. I believe the EPMB often tries to distract us from the most obvious answer (Sometimes using our own emotions to do it). Additionally, there was discussion of post-merge trends (or munson's law) and suvivorerist pointed out that the next two boots are typically the biggest threat to the leader (Sean or Kathy?) and then the loudest or most obnoxious (Kathy or John?). Zeneth18 pointed out that the bootees have alternated genders this season and this pattern gained some credibility with speculation about next week's episode and the Episode 9 RC. The boy/girl pattern combined with the post-merge trends could make things look shaky for Kathy. However, the SeeBS EYEmail 4/15/02 and surrounding discussion point to it being Neleh's turn to go.

As for the more "out there" spoilers, MakeItStop takes an interesting astrological approach and Maraarotu has another controversial chart. Also, if you are looking for a good laugh, do not miss a typical spoiler's post and EPM Contestant Source Revealed over on Bashers. These are hysterical.

I was not able to come away with a clear consensus for the next bootee, but I have diligently attempted to condense all the discussion into a cohesive piece. We have a pretty clear picture of what the RC will be and what the reward will be. We may know who will win immunity this week. Now all you have to do is interperet all of this information and decide for whom you will vote. Again I hope this is helpful. Don't forget to read sleeve's guidelines! Good spoiling to all!

Edited to give Bashers a plug.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Woohoo! IceCat 04-16-02 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling for Episo... Naked 04-17-02 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling for Episo... samboohoo 04-17-02 3
 Good effort, Bear! George Tirebiter 04-17-02 4
 Bravo!!! Punkin 04-17-02 5
   The Story of "thresd" shakes the clown 04-17-02 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling for Episo... smiles 04-17-02 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling for Episo... katem 04-17-02 8
 Thanks! idiotcowboy 04-17-02 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling for Episo... true 04-17-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-02, 06:20 PM (EST)
1. "Woohoo!"
Great job, Bear! Outstanding!

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-17-02, 06:20 AM (EST)
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
I am standing up and saluting the Bear. Excellent work...

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-02, 08:54 AM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
Way to go Bear!!! Thanks.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-17-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
4. "Good effort, Bear!"
Not always an easy thing to make sense of all this, and it's always helpful to have a synopsis of each topic.

(Buuuut. . . psssssst--NightScribe is a SHE!) Damn these nonspecific/misleading screen IDs!

bwahahaha
GT

Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. -Goethe 

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-17-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
5. "Bravo!!!"
Excelente! You da man! I can't possibly make my anti-bootee picks each episode without picking the brains of all you amazing spoilers. And thanks for the links to Naked and TechNoir over at bashers. I don't go there often and those threads were truly funny. I'll have to go there more often.

P.S. This has nothing to do with spoiling, but since I'm here maybe someone could solve a puzzle for me. I notice that a number of posters spell thread as "thresd". Now at first I thought it was a typo or maybe their "a" key was broken. But it seems to be somewhat widespread. Is there an inside joke that I have missed in all my lurking?? Please forgive me for asking on this spoiler thresd. In my few tentative posts I have not been flamed yet, but if I deserve it here I'll take it like a Punkin.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
7. "The Story of "thresd""
>I
>notice that a number of
>posters spell thread as "thresd".
>Now at first I thought
>it was a typo or
>maybe their "a" key was
>broken. But it seems to
>be somewhat widespread. Is there
>an inside joke that I
>have missed in all my
>lurking??

....you are correct Punkin, it is an inside joke and not just a widespread rash of coincidental typos. The way it started was a number of months back (not sure exactly when) VampKira posted something on one of the boards and innocently typo'd thread into "thresd". I responded to her post and made a comment about her typo and also started using the new spelling as well. Since then, the rest is SB folklore as the new spelling seemed to be picked up by several posters until it became the cult classic that it is today on the boards.

There are obviously many typos on the boards and about 45% of them are from me, but for some reason this one in particular struck me as funny and that is why I made a big deal out of it. Obviously, a lot of other people found it funny as well as evidenced by how many people still use it.

>In my few tentative posts
>I have not been flamed
>yet, but if I deserve
>it here I'll take it
>like a Punkin.

...you won't get flamed here, but don't worry, your time will come. It always does....

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-17-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
Kudos to SurvivaBear!

I don't have time to read all of this stuff. Thaks for putting it all together!

smiles

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
Bear, I don't know why you were so worried, you did an excellent job. Kudos to you !!!!!

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-17-02, 07:44 PM (EST)
9. "Thanks!"
Thanks SurvivaBear, you did a fine job! This has already helped me as I've been a bit back-logged this week.

Thanks again!

-ICB

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling for Episode 8"
Excellent work SBear. You put it all together beautifully. I can just imagine, all the effort you put into this. A clear and coherent summary, for us one stop spoiler shoppers.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •