The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vee's chances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

the snitch 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vee's chances"
of all the survivors that we've meet so far this season, vee continues to be the one that beguiles me the most, and i can't fight this gnawing feeling that she makes it really far in the game... there are several factors that support this thinking, so bear with me as i lay them out here:

on all three seasons of survivor so far, the eventually final four alliance has always been revealed pre-merge and then covered up during the first few post-merge episodes... on S1, rich revealed his alliance plans early on and cemented them with rudy/susan/kelly in E6, then the alliance wasn't mentioned in the fisrt few post-merge episodes, even in private interviews, and EPM tried to point us towards a rich boot until all the pagong's were dead... in E 4 of S2 we saw jerri's alliance of five young ones and tina fall apart, and then the eventual final 3 of k/c/t emerged in E5&6, only to be covered up post-merge by EPM's misdirection of kucha trying to get someone to deflect and vote ogakor... before the merge in S3, the l/e/t/mamakim alliance was made blatantly obvious, and was then hidden beneath many a red herring until the final episodes... this leads me to believe that the john/tammy/zoe/robert alliance that we've seen in the past few episodes is the one that will take us to the end, and we won't be hearing much about their alliance for the next little while...

now, to get to what this has to do with vee... on all three other survivors, the final four (or three) alliance has brought along a member of the pagonged tribe that they liked and respected further than members of their own tribe... on S3, l/e/t/mamakim avoided voting for teresa until the end, even though she was an early immunity threat; on S2, k/c/t brought rodger and elisabeth further than amber and jerri because they liked them and respected them both as people; and on S1, the only one that doesn't fit the pattern, rich/rudy/susan were planning to vote out kelly and bring colleen into the final 5 until kelly won the endurance immuntiy challenge... so on S4, it seems most likely that vee will fill this role... aside from being the only OM left who anyone could possibly like, vee is an intelligent, interesting, spiritual woman who fits in well with the rotu four and has made the greatest effort to fit in and work hard in the new tribe... i think once rob and sean are booted, the animosity that was created between OR and NM when gabe was booted will surface and vee will be smart and fly under the radar while the love shack comes crumbling down... then once kathy (the domineering one who has clashed with all of the members of the rotu four) and neleh and paschal (the rodger/elisbeth-esque duo that could win any jury's heart over any other contestant) are voted out by the un-trusting former tribemates, vee can hopefully stake an immunity claim or make a move within the already seemingly unstable rotu four... tammy seems a likely candidate to team up with her and it has always seemed to me like tammy and robert are close, so maybe vee can grab those two and knock off zoe (oh no!) and john and make a run for the final two, where she could sweep the jury... she would have rob or sean's votes over any of the rotu's, plus neleh, paschal, kathy, john and/or zoe would respect her for getting as far as she had and choose her over either tammy or robert, both of whom would have stabbed any of them in the back at one time or another... and vee wins!!!!!!!!! i know it's a pretty out-there theory, but it could work... right?

another factor that works in her favour is the fact that a straight WASP male has never won survivor... rich was gay, tina was a woman (obviously), and ethan was jewish... and if EPM's past patterns mean anything at all, a woman is set to win S4... and who better to add even more diversity to the survivor winner's circle than a young black woman... namely vee!

so there's my thoughts on vee, and i would be least surprised if she won... but i would be least LEAST surprised if zoe won... but that's a whole different theory...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vee's chances Teddy_Bear 04-08-02 1
 RE: Vee's chances I_AM_HE 04-08-02 2
 RE: Vee's chances Loree 04-08-02 3
   RE: Vee's chances SurvivinDawg 04-08-02 4
   RE: Vee's chances managerr 04-08-02 5
       RE: Vee's chances Cosmogirl 04-09-02 10
 RE: Vee's chances esquire 04-08-02 6
   RE: Vee's chances hearkittykitty 04-08-02 7
   RE: Vee's chances Teddy_Bear 04-08-02 8
 RE: Vee's chances JohnMc 04-09-02 9
   RE: Vee's chances Teddy_Bear 04-09-02 11
       RE: Vee's chances JohnMc 04-10-02 12
 RE: Vee's chances Teddy_Bear 04-11-02 13
   RE: Vee's chances ShowMeTheWinner 04-11-02 14
 RE: Vee's chances wildchickenhunter 04-11-02 15
   RE: Vee's chances Teddy_Bear 04-12-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-08-02, 00:16 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Vee's chances"
I think she could win too, and although Rob and Sean aren't too happy with her right now; she could always win them over the Gang of--(I mean) Rotu 4. I also think that K/N/P would vote for her over both Rob/Sean and the lies tribe (OldRotu).

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-02, 00:37 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Vee's chances"
i don't know that she'll win the whole ball of wax (or the mil ) but she could definitely sneak into the final 5 or so

i think it depends on if Old Rotu comes back together, which right now isn't looking too good (at least for the next couple episodes)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Vee's chances"
I think Vee is safe for the time being because she is very UTR. MB hasn't really developed a story for her yet. So it isn't her time. Patricia did say that she never really knew the real Vee. She said she was obviously plotting and she didn't realize it. If Vee and Zoe ever hooked up we would have no idea what they were up to. We rarely hear either of them talk.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Vee's chances"
Of course, Vee may end up being like Amber and NOT have her story developed at all. Then she takes the walk of shame and we're left saying "Vee, we hardly knew ye."

Of course, Vee might make it to the end, too, but that's another story....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-08-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Vee's chances"
I wouldn't be at all shocked if Vee went pretty far. She's non-threatening physically or mentally (doesn't like to plot) and is pleasant to be around. But based on the editing, I would be shocked if she wins right now. The Survivor she reminds me the most of however, is Amber. Nice girl, hooked up with the wrong alliance, will eventually pay the price for it. Won't scheme or plot to save herself when she has to. Will do well, but won't make an impact in the game.

Cosmogirl 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Vee's chances"
I think Vee is a lot smarter than Amber was, and she's playing a better game. Amber was just a sheep, following Jerri around, and once Jerri was gone, it was only a matter of time until Amber was sent packing. Vee, on the other hand, may have been aligned with Rob and Sean at an earlier time, but she is enough of a free agent now, that her earlier relationships MIGHT be forgotten (or at least forgiven). At this point she is in an excellent position to market herself to the other alliances. Everyone will be scrambling for that extra bit of leverage, and Vee could be in the driver's seat.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vee's chances"
I'm sorry, but its too far out there. Vee has vertually no chance of winning this thing. A member of the loser tribe that is well liked may be kept around for a while (i.e., Colleen, Liz, Roger, T-Bird), however eventually the alliance in controll in power uses their power to eliminate everyone but themselves. Unless, Vee goea on an immunity challenge run (i.e., Kelly or Colby, or Mamakim), Vee will only last as loing as the alliance in control wants her to last.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Vee's chances"
That, plus as far as winning immunity will take her.

She's no slouch in the athletics department, and it would not be inconceivable for her to have an immunity run of some sort, depending upon the competition and her will to win.

04-08-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vee's chances"
What makes you so damn sure that she's on the LOOZING tribe, and not the other way around? She's the only one left since Gina that the remaining NewMoos and OldMoos vould vote for--especially if the Robfather topples the evil Rotu Gang of 4, IMHO.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Vee's chances"
That would be awesome if Vee won, because a win by her could ONLY happen by either switching alliances or by not forming an alliance at all. She has an unspoken alliance w/Rob and Sean, but they haven't made any type of a "pact" and she has in fact distanced herself from them since the swap. Good strategy!

She may be able to attach herself to a Rotu group to stay alive, and she may actually be a challenge threat in a TBird-like way. Not physically imposing, but perhaps is very enduring. If she's paying attention, she could also win a fallen comrades challenge.

On the other hand, she also has to play an end game in order to win. While she has to do what she can to stay in the game, she also has to work on getting jury votes if she makes F2. Quite frankly, if Rob were to make F2 (gawd forbid), then he deserves to win because he's played the game to outplay, outwit, and outlast. I don't see Vee doing that yet and is actually too much UTR to win, though she could totally pull off a MamaKim.

I love watching V play, and she definitely deserves to go far!

04-09-02, 06:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Vee's chances"
Vee might have be too UTR for past Survivor seasons, but s4 is anybody's game--exept maybe for John, who has hung himself. He still could redeem himself, however; I just don't see that happening IMO. Due to his apalling arrogance, paranoia, and incredulous lack of vision and foresight he has demonstrated thus far; I don't see this changing. Since their are 3 "tribes" or factions instead of just 2: OldRoto, OldMu and MaraRotu; any 2 of the 3 groups could allign together and become the majority--taking out and pagoning the 3rd. In no Survivor season before this one, is FUTR become more important, and there is no one more UTR right now than Vee. She has yet to severely burn any bridges; she could easily blend in with whomever is in the reigning alliance. The major concern I have with Vee is, that although she has avoided seriously alienating anyone; she has yet to firmly commit to any one of the 3 alliances. If she continues to play the game as brilliantly as she has been--John are you listening???--She will play her cards with exteme subtilty and cautiousness until the main alliance is formed, and cleverly blend in, IMHO. Is she is able to do this, I forsee her making it far in the game.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-10-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Vee's chances"
Didn't I see her in another reality show??? Oh, yeah, it was Survivor 3 and her name was TBird.

I LOVE TBIRD AND I LOVE VEE!!!

But seriously, Vee is really doing what TBird did. She maintained her Samboohoo alliance, but also befriended her new tribemates. What Vee needs to do is start doing that as soon as they merge. If she forms no bonds, then she won't get any farther than the remaining moomu's.

04-11-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Vee's chances"
On the ,"The Early Show," Richard Hatch is predicting Vee to be the winner. IMO, No understands and played the game better better than Dicque!

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-11-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Vee's chances"
Being the smart guy that Richard is, he failed to take one big thing into consideration for his pick: stupidity. "Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large numbers". I'm betting $100 that we'll see plenty of stupid moves in episode 7.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Vee's chances"
I think there is one scenerio that you may have forgot.

Vee wonders off into the woods in episode 7. She gets lost and winds up in a hotel on the other side of the island. The tribe, thinking that she was voted out in episode 4, doesn't go looking for her. Jiffy Probe, not even remembering that she was ever on the show, also forgets about her.
In episode 13 she sneaks back into camp, finding her way with the help of some locals, and then claims that she was there all the time. Jiffy, not having remembered her in the first place, and having no film of her prior to her disapperence allows her to compete in the finals. She loses to Pappy 4 to 3.

04-12-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Vee's chances"
Jiffy can find her in the Bistro, in the hotel's main lobby; sharing a pizza and beer (Coors Light, perhaps?)--with the Robfather and Sean Farrakhan . LOL.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •