The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Morning Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-02, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Morning Show"
CBS morning show just had a brief preview of S4.

They showed a local woman named Tracy Teuira, who gave a crash course of what was edible & what was not on the island, before the Survivors were set loose. From the clips shown, it looked like a hands on course, so they learned how to pick & peel & what-not various fruits. They were also taught how to make their own tackle from available resources. Said fish were plentiful. Wild chickens were also mentioned as possible food sources.

Clip showed Hunter & Gina talking & working on tackle together. He was 'reteaching' Gina how to wrap something to a pole.

Guy who put together report for Jane (didn't catch his name) said do not expect the dramatic weight loses of earlier survivors.

Tomorrow, they will look at island life elsewhere on Nuku Hiva & (I think) the Marquesas.

Swami

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Morning Show wildchickenhunter 02-25-02 1
   RE: CBS Morning Show SurvivorBlows 02-25-02 2
       RE: CBS Morning Show wildchickenhunter 02-25-02 3
   RE: CBS Morning Show Lisapooh 02-25-02 4
       RE: CBS Morning Show bondt007 02-26-02 10
   RE: CBS Morning Show tribephyl 02-25-02 5
       RE: CBS Morning Show wildchickenhunter 02-25-02 6
           RE: CBS Morning Show tribephyl 02-26-02 8
 Wild chickens Swami 02-25-02 7
   RE: Wild chickens wendyp 02-26-02 9
 RE: Tuesday 26th CBS Morning Show Swami 02-26-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
1. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
Yes,this is my first, but I have been visiting this site since early in S1. I thought it was about time to jump in.

I heard this about the wild ckickens last week and was wondering what is a wild chicken. I didn't know they lived in the wild?

Anyway, happy to be here!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
2. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
Well, before they were domesticated they had to live somewhere... but personally my expectation is that these are just "chickens that got away" -- kinda like the "wild cats" that might live in your nearby woods or the "wild horses" of the Old West.

Actually, I think that the "wild pigs" in Survivor: Australia were also supposedly also former domesticated pigs that were let loose...

-SB

02-25-02, 02:22 PM (EST)
3. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
I have heard of wild horses and pigs, as a matter of fact, wild pigs are hunted in much of North America. I just had never heard of wild chickens. When the pilgrims came to North America, the Indians had to teach/show them how to hunt turkey. You never hear of anyone hunting chickens. May be wild chickens are native to this Marquises (sp) islands. May be MB is shipping them in special for S4.
Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Sorry I know this isn't spoiler info. I didn't mean to screw things up on my first post.

Got I hate the newcomers!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
4. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
They are the chickens that smoke cigarettes and ditch school.

Welcom to SB WildChickenHunter - good to have you with us!

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
10. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
Now that's pretty dog-gone funny... !

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
Welcome WCH ... by the way if you've never heard of a wild chicken, What do you hunt? JOKIN'
Just to verify chickens were first domesticated in 6000 B.C., so it's quite understandable to not be able to recall a time when you have seen a wild chicken. But they were believed to originate in the forested tropical areas throughout S.E.Asia which includes the islands that the new Survivor is on. On these islands, which are in the thousands, the chicken has always been wild. From there and throughout the thousands of years of evolution and domestication since, we now only see "The White Fryer".
Anyway, Should be great fun watching the tribe members chase down "wild" chickens. The white ones are hard enough.

Also wanted to add a couple of photos from the show which prove that the tribe members arrive by big boat, then jump into water, and swim to rubber raft, First arrival.

Thank you paratrooper via Survivorfever

02-25-02, 04:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
Thanks for the history lesson tribephyl.It explains why most of us our unfamiliar with wild chickens and why they would be found in the south pacific.
One of the reasons I haven't joined the board earlier was because I couldn't come up with a screen name I liked. Then last week I heard about the wild chickens. My wife "wild chicken cooker" asked me this weekend what they were supposed to eat if MB didn't feed them.I said wild chickens.After about ten minutes of laughing she asked me what the H*ll a wild chicken was and I couldn't tell her.So after seeing this today, it just hit me. Wild chicken hunter...........this could be as good as "tappeeoka" or "coconut phone" was in S1. Of course it may be a dud.I do like to spoil, spoof and bash a little. So may be I can bring a little humor into your lives, as many of you have to mine the last couple of years.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-02, 03:33 AM (EST)
8. "RE: CBS Morning Show"
That was such fun. Thank you for the humor and I hope the wild chicken thing turns out allright for you. Say hi to "Cooker","Cleaner" and "Chase".

Best regards and again, Welcome (to the posting side)! Don't be a stranger. There may never be a Survivor 8.

TRIBEPHYL

02-25-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
7. "Wild chickens"
They showed a rooster scratching to illustrate the 'wild chicken' statement. It certainly looked like a very common type and would be at home on any farm in North America, so I am quite sure it is descended from imported, escaped stock.

However, like most birds and animals, chickens would revert to wild behaviour patterns in one generation so these should be as wiley & difficult to catch as any other bird. They just don't fly very well.

Swami

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wild chickens"
I think it would be fun to watch the survivors run around trying to catch the chickens. Only Mike was crazy enough to continue chashing the pig. Will they try to make a pin to hold them, maybe they will get an egg!?!?

Wonder if it will be a team effort?

Welcome to all the new posters!

02-26-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Tuesday 26th CBS Morning Show"
Not much info for spoilers.

They talked about the no-no insects, 1&1/2 mm biting flies. Said they are essentially the same insect as North American no-see'ums, which as many campers here know have a very painful bite for something so small. Confirmed Survivors are not given any repellant.

Preview guy (missed his name again!) said that waters are infested with sharks and rays and are not a good place to swim. Said there is sharp coral right off the beach, which was news to me--I didn't think this was a coral island. Maybe he meant sharp rocks? But coral sounded cooler? Who knows. Interviewer is not a brainiac, just pretty.

Showed quick photos (2-3 seconds) of each tribe just walking together. Showed longer photo of black bikini Sarah by herself, and Sarah & Rob walking into the water for a swim. Sarah & Rob weren't talking or looking at each other, but they had a sort of 'couple' feel to them--in that while 3 to 4 feet apart, they moved into the water at the same pace. They were both very aware of the camera & looking right at it.

Quick interview with Jeff, who said sex is a big part of the show--he loves watching healthy people in bikinis & bathing suits and assumes the viewing audience does too. Thus in this case he used the word 'sex' as a short form for 'sex appeal' not sexual acts.

Swami

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •