The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-27-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
I just saw on CBS the new preview for S4. It showed alot of the survivors including a woman in a red bathing suit standing up on the rocks while a man dove into the water. There were others watching this. Seemed to be in leisure. They also show the survivors walking through the jungle.

You could see some of their faces really well. There has to be a list out there or there have to be some in the audience that recognize these people!

Lets get spoiling.

WHERE IS BUNGLER. I NEED THOSE VID CAPS!

This preview was on at approximately 4:10 p.m. Eastern time during the Steelers - Patriots game.

I was playing with my son so I did not concentrate hard enough on what I was seeing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02 sleeeve 01-27-02 1
 RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02 rwj3eb 01-27-02 2
 RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02 Krautboy 01-27-02 3
 RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02 Krautboy 01-27-02 4
   RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02 dabo 01-28-02 6
   RE: yellow buff? Ogachu 01-28-02 9
       RE: yellow buff? Krautboy 01-28-02 11
           RE: yellow buff? lroy 01-29-02 16
 RE: February 6th Loree 01-27-02 5
   Winner jkokoj 01-28-02 7
       Tatoo Krautboy 01-28-02 8
           Pretty People jkokoj 01-28-02 10
           RE: Tatoo TheWanderer 01-28-02 12
 Setting up Camp Krautboy 01-28-02 13
   More nice work Outfrontgirl 01-28-02 14
 Jeff at Tribal Council? Krautboy 01-28-02 15
   RE: Jeff at Tribal Council? Krautboy 01-31-02 19
       RE: Jeff at Tribal Council? IceCat 01-31-02 20
 2-hour finale will air on a Sunday Loree 01-30-02 17
   RE: 2-hour finale will air on a Sun... Outfrontgirl 01-30-02 18
       RE: 2-hour finale will air on a Sun... dabo 01-31-02 21
 Time to ID these Outfrontgirl 02-07-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
1. "RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
Yeah... I saw this too... I hope someone was taping it!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

rwj3eb 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-27-02, 05:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
yeah i saw it too and it showed a lot more than i thought they would. One of the young guys in the water looked like he had hair just like Ethans and at least 2 or 3 of the girls looked really hot.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-27-02, 08:14 PM (EST)
3. "RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
There are vidcaps posted at Survivorfever...

Some of these appear to be a continuation of the same footage we saw in earlier previews (those of the "husky guy" jumping into the pool wearing his buff and sneakers)...

The guy doing the swan dive could be the same guy whose arm we see off on the right in the picture below. The woman watching is probably the same woman watching the "husky guy" jumping in the picture below. The new picture is shot from a differnt camera angle (further to the left than in the earlier previews). The water cascading seems to be the same as well.

Based on the new footage, these seem to be either leisure time, or celebration after a challenge, but not a challenge itself.

Krautboy

01-27-02, 08:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
Here are Paratroopers vidcaps in case Bungler wasn't able to catch the preview...

Krautboy

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-02, 00:55 AM (EST)
6. "RE: NEW PREVIEW 1/27/02"
Thanks again, Krautboy! Great stuff, Paratrooper is a wonder as well. Someone's luxury item must be the football.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-28-02, 02:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: yellow buff?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-02 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

If this has already beend discussed somewhere else, I'm sorry, but is that a yellow buff around the curly haired guy's neck????

>

01-28-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: yellow buff?"
Ogachu, looks sort of yellow on my screen to, but it's probably the light/lime-green color that's been reported, just washed out in these vidcaps by the bright sun. This is probably the "other tribe", not the one seen jumping and diving into the pool at the base of the waterfall(Turquoise/Aqua Buffs).

The timing seems right that MB would give us a glimpse at the two tribes, about a week before revealing the contestants, as Loree points out. It also makes sense that MB would show the tribes in a casual setting, saving actual challenge footage for a little closer to Feb. 28th.

Krautboy

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-29-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE: yellow buff?"
Can't tell if this is a buff/bandana or not, but the cloth sticking out of this Survivor's backpack is lime/light green in color.

I can see this being a similar color to the yellow bandana in the water shots, so that in different light it would look darker or lighter. I really can't imagine that he would have yellow be a color again, but only EPM knows how EPM thinks...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-02, 08:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: February 6th"
According to Zap2it TV listings they will have the S4 preview show and announce the cast list on The Early Show on February 6th.

01-28-02, 09:42 AM (EST)
7. "Winner"
Do you think they are showing us the winner this early on? I believe we should watch the "black bikini girl" closly. I also think they are showing MB's favorites for this season. Pure speculation but I seem to remember seeing alot of Lex and Ethan early on in the S3 spoiling and the beginning of the show.

In regard to the above pics does anyone else notice the dark haired guy watching the husky man jump into the water. Next to the CBS eye there appears to be a tatoo. But that could be editing.

01-28-02, 11:08 AM (EST)
8. "Tatoo"
jkokoj, I noticed the tatoo as well,(at the base of the neck of the person watching the dive) it was covered by the CBS eye in some of the footage.

At first I thought it was the same person we saw in the earlier footage, but you are probably right. The person with the tatoo and ears exposed, is probably standing next to the woman with the longer hair of the same color watching the husky guy jump. The swan dive probably takes place just be fore or just after the husky guy jumps in.

Not sure if black bikini girl is foreshadowing anything more than an increase in the amount T&A we will see in "Back to the Beach". The previews of the group frolicking in the water, tossing the football around, is more of the same. MB is trying to send a clear message that we will see more interesting interpersonal dynamics, and less hunger and suffering...more clean wet skin, fewer elephant dung facials.

Krautboy

01-28-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
10. "Pretty People"
Hey Krautboy thanks for the vid caps. It seems that most of the players are going to be very attractive. I love the beach therefore I think this S4 is going to be much better than S3.

I am surprised that we do not have any new spoilers as to the faces in the promos. You would think someone out there would recognize some of the survivors from the new commercial. I have seen on a few other boards that people are trying to match the vid caps with pictures from the fake lists on the web.

Oh well I guess we will have to wait another few days.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-28-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Tatoo"
Although I don't know who the chick in the black bikini is, I love her walk! shake it baby!! I just hope she has a decent looking face to match!
If she does... I hope they kept her around for a while... eye candy can make surviving so much better.

01-28-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
13. "Setting up Camp"

This is the new and improved version of the "camp" picture. It is a bit clearer and shows what appears to be one of the two camps being set up...

This shot may be taken from the shoreline looking inland. The palm fronds, coconuts/breadfruit, driftwood, look like stuff that has washed up on shore and been there a while. If this is one of the camps, located near the ocean, it may belong to the tribe pictured playing in the ocean with the football.

In the upper left we can see the early framework of a lean to type shelter. We can see what look like wet clothes hanging to dry and several people walking around carryin backpacks?

No spoilers, just more background info...

Krautboy

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
14. "More nice work"
Krautboy, as I couldn't see the early pic's details at all.
I am so bad at deducing from vidcaps, but with the benefit of your analysis, you seem to have nailed this as at least one camp that gets set up just above the beach.

Of course, the presence of flotsam and driftwood and sand also marks the top of the beach as the high water mark, doubtless set by storms. In the tropics the difference between high and low tide is rather slight; it is storms that bring the water and driftwood up there. I wonder if they get one. Well, we didn't hear about any hurricanes this year. Too bad!

From the photos I posted last fall, the valleys narrow down significantly as they head inlands, to where it appears much of the valley floor is the stream running through it, so one can see why they would camp near the beach, even aside from the obvious recreational, bathing, and fishing aspects.

01-28-02, 08:34 PM (EST)
15. "Jeff at Tribal Council?"

The pictures of Jeff at night appear to be him at Tribal Council. The presence of the torches is the obvious clue, but off to the left, in the shadows, there also appears to be a "carved trunk" described in the Tahitipresse articles:

“According to several Marquesan witnesses, the "Survivor court" (Tribal Council) is a huge rectangular construction. Three lines of four carved trunks support a roof made of coconut tree palms.”

The waves in the background, lit by moonlight, are also consistent with the aerial photos of tribal council, showing the shoreline of Collete Bay just off to the left.

I'm sure Icecat could diagram this showing where Jeff is standing, the trees behind him, at one end of the "Survivor Court" with Collete Bay behind him...

Krautboy

01-31-02, 06:39 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jeff at Tribal Council?"
Icecat posted these on one of the other threads. Thought I would add them here…they seem to confirm that the night time pics of Jeff are at TC and at this location.(Colette Bay)…

Krautboy

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jeff at Tribal Council?"
Caption for First Pic:

Entièrement démonté, le "tribunal" de l’émission télévisée "Survivor-Marquises", qui comprend douze poteaux sculptés, a été acheminé vers les Etats-Unis afin d’être remonté dans les studios de CBS, à New York. Il servira de décor à la présentation des aventures de "Survivor-Marquises".

Caption for Second Pic:

Interdite durant deux mois, en novembre et décembre 2001, la baie Colette, à Nuku Hiva, est aujourd’hui de nouveau accessible aux visiteurs.

Caption for Third Pic:

Le "tribunal" de Survivor reposait sur une plate-forme de pierre, reproduction des constructions ("paepae") dédiées jadis au guerrier légendaire Pakoko.

I think the fact that Collette Bay is mentioned in between the two pics of the TC disassembly is pretty strong confirmation that the TC was at Collette Bay.

I am working on an annotated zoom of an aerial shot that adds some confirmation evidence as well. Krautboy, I am certain that your observation of the water behind Probst as being Collette Bay is right on the money.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
17. "2-hour finale will air on a Sunday"
It has been announced that the 2-hour finale will air on a Sunday in May to take advantage of sweeps.

http://www.canoe.ca/JamSurvivorAfrica/jan30_surv-can.html

01-30-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 2-hour finale will air on a Sunday"
Thanks, Loree!

A couple interesting things about the schedule.
The penultimate episode on Thurs May 16 and the finale on Sun May 19? That will suck for Spoilers! Only 3 days for final picks and voting.

>>"Survivor" will be forced to air against the final episode of Fox's "X-Files," the report said.

The X-files is still running? I used to watch that show, but when Mulder left it was all over for me. Sounds like small competition. So the Truth will be Out There on 2 networks at once? Scary!

The other scheduling news is two Wednesday episodes in March.
Just when I thought we were clear on Sacred Thursdays in my house...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 2-hour finale will air on a Sunday"
Ugh, two Wednesdays and a Sunday finale! I much prefer the fall schedule of sticking to Thursdays. So, no recap show? And what about a prevue show. Is CBS backing off support for Survivor a bit or will the schedule be subject to change? Hey, they got 18 hours of network broadcasting out of the Africa series, what gives?

02-07-02, 04:27 AM (EST)
22. "Time to ID these"
BUMP to talk about these now we know more.

1)
We see now that Rotu is the tribe diving off the rocks.

The heavy guy diving is Robert.
Red bathing suit blonde who is diving and applying sunscreen is Nelah.
Dark-haired girl watching across stream must be Tammy.
Dark-haired guy with tattoo on back is John.

Gabe, Kathy, Zoe, and Paschal not shown; may be participating.

My thought on these pics has been that the tribe I now know as Rotu is jumping off the rocks on the western side of Hakaui stream.

Of the Rotu, Nelah and Gabe are the strongest swimmers/divers
Nelah is a lifeguard and a certified scuba diver, as are Gabe and Zoe. John also lists swimming, but not diving, as a hobby.

Maybe they are helping the less proficient practice.
Robert has nothing about water in his bio; neither does Tammy.

Kathy sails, and Zoe is a fisherman and Coast Guard Captain, so they have the boating angle covered.

2)
The beach-walking, water-playing tribe is Maraamu.
Gina, Sean, and Peter with the football.
Sarah in black bikini.

If the rocks are Hakaui, Maraamu would then have Hakatea, the calmest bay, which would explain why they are playing in the water.

Hunter, Rob, Vecepia, and Patricia not in these.
Gina and Hunter are lifeguards. Peter lists water sports as a hobby. Maybe Gina and Peter are helping Sean raise his comfort level in the water if he is really a non-swimmer.

None of the others list swimming skills as part of their bio. Sarah lives/has lived in beach towns; knows how to look good on the beach but might not really be a swimmer.

More reason why they shouldn't boot Gina first...she can save them...

I have this feeling that HUNTER will be the fisherman for Maraamu. And the RECTOR will pray for his success...

I didn't ID the pics of people in the jungle. Anyone?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •