The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP11: Hindsight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-28-01, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP11: Hindsight"
Our votes were split this week between Lex KimP and Teresa, with reasonable arguements made for all of them. Was there enough information to really figure it out this week or are we left to guess most of the time this season?

Vidcaps:

This episode gave a lot of time to the RC. Many of us correctly picked Lex to win it because of the vidcaps showing Lex “cleaned up”, while away at the RC, as we speculated. The “Bourbon” clue also correctly pointed to Tom as Lex’s companion.

Vidcaps of the tribe on the way to TC showed Ethan, KimP and KimJ without the Immunity Necklace. It was reliable information.

Immunity Challenge:

The winner of the Immunity challenge is often edited as a boot target in order to make the IC victory more dramatic. This week the winner did not need it and was never considered a target so MB had no reason to conceal the winner and no footage to feature Tom as a boot target. “Every dog has his day”, and today was Tom’s.

CBS Poll:

The CBS Poll has been a surprisingly consistent. It has been used regularly to direct the viewers attention away from the weeks bootee. This week it featured Lex, Ethan, and KimJ.

The OFG Theory:

This theory has also got a very good track record. It states that the week’s bootee is featured in the previews, but not as a target. This week everyone was shown in the previews but only the men were “targeted” by the hyped female alliance. The conclusion, based on the theory is that one of the women gets voted off. It proved to be accurate again this week.

“Friends of Bootees”:

Once again this season, the post boot interviews have proven to be one of our best sources for boot order information. Kelly’s Friends list included KimP, Brandon and Frank…Dianes friends list was also reliable for several weeks. KimP joined her friend’s this week.

Weight Loss Theory:

While the number of weight loss reports were fewer this season, the reports of Tom’s significant weight loss have proven to be a reliable.

Face Time Spike:

Face time is much more subjective and more difficult to interpret than other clues, but it can be used as supporting evidence of other spoilers. Last week KimP had a spke in her face time, as Outfrontgirl discussed in another thread. It correectly supported the other evidence that pointed to KimP this week.

Editing /Misdirection:

MB continues to edit in order to create suspense and drama, even where sometimes there is none. This week was a good example…

Voiceover: will it be the women
MamaKim: 3 of us
Voiceover: versus the men?
MamaKim: 3 of them
Voiceover: in a knockdown drag out tribal council vote ?

MB hyped the women versus the men by using misleading questions. As we saw the “knockdown drag out TC” never happened.

Whenever MB openly shows us a game strategy, it rarely proves successful.

So, what does this mean for next week?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP11: Hindsight Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 1
   EP11 Insider TC clips Outfrontgirl 12-28-01 2
   RE: EP11: Hindsight simone 12-28-01 3
       RE: EP11: Hindsight Naked 12-28-01 4
           RE: EP11: Hindsight Serendipity 12-28-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-01, 03:31 AM (EST)
1. "RE: EP11: Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 03:39 AM (EST)

Krautboy,
I was looking for this thread and posted my reasoning on the Congradulations thread. Although I dislike posting same thing on both, that was more of a "gloating" thread and I want to put the spoiling reasoning from last week over here.

This was an interesting week because I followed outside spoilers even though I didn't see WHY they would pick Sitting Duck Kim, unless Teresa won IC--and I didn't expect she would.

I also picked Lex-lax to win the RC and to take Tom along, because the bourbon surely referred to Tom, and Lex would pick Tom, whereas Tom would have picked LilKim, T, or Ethan...

I figured everyone would hate Lex for winning so many challenges and now this fabulous Reward, and they'd want him gone.

I knew the men vs. women vote wouldn't happen--if it had, it would have been kept in the dark and sprung as a surprise.

So either Tbird or Lex were the big targets (just like next week), and both couldn't get Immunity, so why Kim? I could only think that Teresa, the mover and shaker, would get someone to save her, and that LilKim, like Amber, would go quietly like a lamb to the slaughter, more or less--a "whatever!" grouchy kind of lamb, but basically not controlling her fate in the game, same as she's been since the beginning, riding along until she ran out of friends...

So--why Kim?
Kelly said she had fun on the jury and the Kelly Lodge spoiler was 2-2 so far. I got talked out of Frank last week (to pick Kim), after getting Brandon right, so I thought I would stay with my original conviction of Brandon, Frank, Kim P.

Plus--big spike in face time for KimP last two weeks and nothing pointing to her as target this time. Some thought she was starting to be revealed as a finalist, but I felt she was an Amber or Colleen who lasted a long time because young girls aren't threatening early on, and they flew UTR and weren't obnoxious in comparison to their allies.

In the end though, their lack of real strategizing ability and their "cute" appeal caused the powerful alliance to send them packing.

Per the *OFG* theory (the original simple observation, not the evolved version that includes misdirection), Kim WAS in the second preview for no particular reason--close-ups from her losing a question in the RC.

Even so, so little tension pointed to Kim that I really doubted I was right until the end.

Comment on "OFG" theory--I feel like it's evolved beyond me, but my original idea INCLUDES bootee being shown as target, particularly by being OBNOXIOUS for the OBVIOUS boots--including Jerri, Kimmi, Diane, Linda, Lindsey, and Frank. Therefore Lex being obnoxious in next preview does not rule him out as bootee per OFG, LOL...

I want to add that your post on the CBS poll, which I think we should dub the KB theory really made up my mind to stick to my guns on Kim P. You are right. That poll does seem to push the general website public towards high profile people who do NOT get booted that week.

Next week's CBS poll is up:
Will Lex and Tom remain allied?

Yes--the safari helped them bond
No--Tom will never completely trust Lex again
Maybe, if Tom forgives the alliance with Brandon

Now this poses a problem. The Lex and Tom issue does look to come to a head next week, in my mind anyway. But I know you think it's an all Boran F4. Either way, we have a yes/no question, one of which answers ought to be relevant. Thoughts?

Spoilers for next week
Face time this week:
Lex wins hands down, second Tom, but I discount the reward face time a little. Still, Lex got rehabilitated pretty well with the family video and his good conduct on the trip--and now he apparently freaks out again next time...

The Lodge/Kelly's friends:
we are now down to only 3 days at the Lodge for next bootee, and a plane flight to TC and back each night.
This gives Lex no time to be admitted to hospital for his GUT, and he is ill when he gets home, so he can go any time now.
No need for Lex and Kelly to hang out much, but just enough to where they can bring themselves to a few phone calls later.

I don't think Kelly bonds with MamaKim again at all, meaning that she makes Final 2 after betraying Kelly--thus the lack of mended fences.

Since Kelly bonds with Frank, if Tbird goes this week, Kelly ought to bond with both of them, and T should be on her list of people she really likes, unless--
a) little or no time at the Lodge and/or
b) T's strategy helps her get far and Kelly resents her success.

Lex talked again tonight about taking it to the end. Uh-oh!
Unless he actually does make it a la Dicque, this arrogance is good foreshadowing for an imminent boot.

This is written without a look at Insider for this week.
As always, thanks for providing such a well thought out and organized Hindsight thread, Krautboy!

With every post full of typos, I ought surely to be learning to Preview

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-01, 05:01 AM (EST)
2. "EP11 Insider TC clips"
Insider TC votes: (note, the playback sucked tonight; barely could hear or play it)

L-E-T basically all said
a)nice things about Kim
b) had to pick someone
c) nothing personal and we'll miss you

Kim J said:
She was way too young, athletic, competitive (and good-looking? I may have filled that in on the screwed-up playback) and a huge threat for a Thong Granny like herself.

I figured MamaKim did NOT want to be in an all-female alliance with two younger, stronger women. All she wants (IMHO) is some help from Tbird to knock Lex out of the game and leave Mama as 1 of 3 OB instead of 1 of 4.

Mamakim MUST have pushed for this boot to save Teresa. I can see no other way they picked LilKim. We already saw Lex's conviction that T's dangerous. Probably Mama pushed the idea that LilBit might win an immunity and sneak into the Finals.

Lilbit has been putting out lots of competitive vibes at the challenges, whereas Tbird hasn't done much recently.
As in, NOT really accepting Ethan's apology when he knocked her out of the Pot Shots. We all remember the tantrum scene at the Fire-building, and she was pretty intense at the RC this time.

I think Tbird continues somewhat under Tom and Ethan's radar and Mamakim was able to convince them from the above behavior that LilKim was more of a threat. Idjuts!!!

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-28-01, 06:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: EP11: Hindsight"
>Lex talked again tonight about taking it to the end. Uh-oh!
>Unless he actually does make it a la Dicque, this arrogance is >good foreshadowing for an imminent boot.

I think there is definitely something in this. Didn't Silas make such a big deal about how he was going to win (saying something like "Just make the check out to me") the episode before he was booted? It might have been earlier, but I'm pretty sure it was around that time (Ep. 3 or 4).

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-28-01, 06:57 PM (EST)
4. "RE: EP11: Hindsight"
Richard from S1 said the same thing, and he took the check to the bank. Colby talked all the time about winning, and then decided he did not want to win in the end. Saying that you think that you are going to win in this game is not a spoiler. It could go either way... Lex does have a shot at winning this thing. Everyone likes him except for the viewers, Kelly and Frank.
Naked

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-01, 07:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: EP11: Hindsight"
Everyone does like him - except for the viewers.

Teresa not only compliments him when she votes for him, she hangs around him as much as she can. Obviously Tom, Ethan and Mama Kim like him or they would have taken the opportunity to get rid of him and blame it on the Brandon episode. Brandon liked him enough to change alliances for him.

If anyone plans to take him to the Final2 with the idea of beating him, I think they should rethink that. For instance, if Ethan were to do so I don't know if he could even count on Kelly's vote because she didn't seem to like Ethan much better.

From the way the bootees talk, I would say that Tom is the one to fear however. Everyone, except Brandon, has great things to say about Tom.

I wonder if they all still like him as the show unfolds.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •