The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-21-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
The twister, a big one, an African Dust Devil, appeared again this week, symbolizing what? A change coming in tribal voting. The past two bootees were Sambura, so does that mean that next week we can look forward to seeing an Old Boron going? Lex? Tom? Foreshadowing? Or ANOTHER EPMB fake-out? Thoughts?

Rose Red(Herring)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL FFantasyFX 12-21-01 1
   RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL Rose Red 12-22-01 2
       RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL Rose Red 12-22-01 3
 RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL heymikey 12-22-01 4
   RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL coolbeans56 12-22-01 5
       RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL Rose Red 12-22-01 6
           RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL Serendipity 12-22-01 7
               RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL Rose Red 12-22-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-21-01, 11:27 PM (EST)
1. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 11:28 PM (EST)

You've really piqued my curosity here. Every time I see those dust devils I try and figure out what possible meaning they could have. And I haven't come up with anything so far . . .

Has anybody been keeping tabs as far which episodes have contained the dust devils?

12-22-01, 00:10 AM (EST)
2. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
I remember the first one I noticed knocking over the immunity idol when the Old Sambura had it. It symbolized to me the switch in the voting from one tribe Boran, Diane, Jessie, dust devil appears then it's Carl, Linda, Silas, Lindsey, all Sambies.
Then I think it made an appearance when it was Borons, Clarence's time to go, then another Boron. Then it appeared again for Brandon and Frank. Now there it is again - saying - if EPMB can even be trusted at this point - that it switches back to an Olde Boron again. This means either Lex or Tom goes next week. Not Teresa or Kim P. as many think. And it's a VERY large dust devil this time, symbolizing what? The beginning of end of Olde Boron? Teresa and Kim P. the final two? Whoa! This could be big.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to check back through the episodes.

12-22-01, 00:12 AM (EST)
3. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Sorry, with "another Boron" I meant also to type, "Kelly", of course.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-22-01, 02:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Oh my God! You people are reading WAY TOO MUCH on little things. At first, I thought you guys were just Survivor fanatics, but now, I'm starting to think that maybe you guys are suffering from mental problems.
I bet you guys thought that Tom's boil symbolized something disgusting was going to happen (probably Tom washing the women)...

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-22-01, 05:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Well, There has been symbolism before in Suvivor... The whole opening credits of Survivor I was picked and prodded, and several people correctly guessed that Kelly W. and Rich were the final two because of body language, and reactions. The also picked out several different boots form the Opening credits.

In Survivor Two, there was the opening Credit of Mike S. who picture was surrounded by Fire... the rest is history.

there was also wrong symbolism. In SII, there was a shot of a Kangaroo (Kucha is aboriginal for Kangaroo) struggling to get out of the flooded river, it made it, and several people Believed that this ment that Elizabeth and Rodger came back in the end, which was false.

in SIII there was the whole three Zebra's crossing the river to signify "the Switch" which happened. now there is talk that the Three Lioness' are foreshadowing a all-female alliance.

With a sucessfull show, and onle 45 minutes to compress 72 Hours of footage into, One has to think, why on earth would MB put continual pictures of Dust Devils into shots, each getting larger than the next.

SI, we also saw pictures of the Rats and the Snakes, and Rick messing with a snake... with Susans comments at the end, it makes this scene more intriguing.

My take on the dust Devils is that they may signify a change in the voting, or who has control of the voting. so we will see come next Thusday

My two cents,
Coolbeans56

12-22-01, 11:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Ok, the Dust Devil, which has kept growing throughout the series was seen in Episode 3, when the two Boron were gone and the voting-off changed to the Samburu, where FOUR S's followed each other off the show. Episode 7, then it was back to the Borons again, Clarence and Kelly, then Episode, two more Samburus, Brandon, then his best friend Frank. Now in Episode Ten, it means, I think that its the Borons turn to go again. And it's a big one. Practically the size of a tornado. The end of Boron forever? Or the emergence of the Women's Alliance as the new primary tribe? Hmmm....
And yes, Tom's boil, was foreshadowing of something more disgusting, his washing the women(a new low in Survivordumb) and that in turn is a foreshadowing of something even MORE disturbing, his bourbon soaked balloon trip with one of the poor women, which may lead to something WONDERFUL! The Women's alliance turns to vote off the Biggest Male Chavinist Piggie in the history of Reality Television.
It's my place to live in hope.
And he called Ethan Jew-boy!
He CAN'T last mush longer.
Tom I mean.

Rose Red(Herring)

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-22-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
Tom totally grosses me out, but he did not call Ethan a Jew-Boy. He just said "He's a Jew, he's a Jew". It was KimP who added the word "boy" when she retold the story.

Still would like to see him gone though.

12-22-01, 09:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: THE AFRICAN DUST DEVIL"
I'm gonna hafta rethink the "bourbon" lady. It sure looks like Kim Johnson wins the Reward Challenge, just judging by the smile on her face. We haven't seen that one that BIG before. She looks positively radiant. Of course, she could also have won the IC, but would EPMB SHOW us the winner? I don't think so.

Throwing rocks at pots- the IC.
It looks like the "shatter the plates with slingshots" IC from S2. And Colby won that.

If it's rocks or just something you aim, like a slingshot, remember who won the bow and arrow IC. Ethan.
He also knocked a cocanut(or a date palm, or whatever it is) out of a very tall palm tree an episode or two ago. If it's an AIM thing, I would think he wins it.
Despite them showing him giving Tom "The Boot"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •