The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"recap... final four?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindysue 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-01, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"recap... final four?"
Did anyone else notice the extreme lack of face time for LittleKim, Ethan, MamaKim, and Lex? The show seem to concentrate on Clarence, Lindsey, Silas (previous bootees), Brandon, Frank, Tom, Kelly (next bootees?)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: recap... final four? coolbeans56 11-30-01 1
   RE: recap... final four? Round Robin 11-30-01 2
       RE: recap... final four? red 11-30-01 3
 RE: recap... final four? Seyz 11-30-01 4
   RE: recap... final four? red 11-30-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: recap... final four?"
Remember Rich had a huge amount of face time in the first one. They learn. If MB can pull it, this winner will be in the middle as far as face time.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-30-01, 01:01 PM (EST)
2. "RE: recap... final four?"
I don't think the recrap meant a d@mn thing. All it was was a rehash, which embellished and emphasized some old ground but covered nothing new at all. No clues or spoiler value IMHO.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-01, 05:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: recap... final four?"
I agree that there's no spoiler value. Unless someone can prove me wrong, my sense was that all players got face time in the recrap which was comparable to the amount of face time they've had all along in the series.

I'm sure once we see who the next bootee is, we'll go back to the recrap and point out something and say "That Was The Clue."

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 06:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: recap... final four?"
Theresa got a lot more face time with her chatting about the ostrich egg, sticking together at the water hole and strategy talk. Makes me wonder though.. why didn't they show all of this before? Brandon got a lot of face time. So did Tom, Kelly (talking behind everyone's backs), Frank with his antler horns and elephants. Ethan got some time too with the lions and being on the look out in the water hole.
The people with the LEAST time was KimP (they showed her even less than usual which is almost practically never), MamaKIm.. whom we still know NOTHING about and Lex.
I don't know about how much face time reflects anything though.
Amber had very little face time until the episode of her boot and when she cried because Ogakor wasn't winning any challenges.
Nick had practically NO face time.. even in the episode he was booted. So having more face time doesn't mean you're going to get the boot soon. Tina had more face time than Amber, Nick, Mitchell, Keith and she won the whole thing.
I think the winner has to have a SUBSTANTIAL amount of face time.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 07:38 PM (EST)
5. "RE: recap... final four?"
Tina had more face time than Keith? Is this proven by people who charted out face time? Cause I think Keith had a lot more face time than she did.

I dont' think anything can really be proven. Rich had a lot of face time. Tina didn't. Jerri got a "softening" in the recrap. Who knows if that will be true this time around or not. I don't think the patterns Survivor follows will necessarily be that consisitent. And I thought the recrap was decidedly repetitive in terms of who got attention, who didn't etc.

Some patterns will probably hold to a degree - face time is useful because the show is not interesting if they continue to boot off people that the viewing audience doesn't even know the name of. Its a logical approach to make the story structure work, although it won't always hold. Make sure the audience knows who someone is before they're gone, but if they didn't create interesting tv, they may still get very little attention. And in theory they could use the recrap in a similar manner, although I really didn't feel there was any new insights coming my way while I was watching it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •