The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Teresa Cabel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-01, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Teresa Cabel"

OK, so what does Teresa have in mind? ...whatever it is, I'm wondering if it involves LEX. Yes, Tom also has previous votes (3 of them), but Teresa choose to throw a vote LEX's way (along with Clarence) and I'm guessing she had something more long range in mind than she is letting on.

Does she know no remaining Samburu has previous votes?

Does she know Tom has 3 previous votes?

Is she going to try and realign Frank with Brandi and Little Kim?

Will she try and pull MamaKim and Kelly into a female alliance?

Is she aware of the Ethan/Lex/Tom Boran sub-alliance?

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Teresa Cabel Jonnycumlately 11-23-01 1
   RE: The Teresa Cabel Rose Red 11-23-01 2
 RE: The Teresa Cabel red 11-23-01 3
   RE: The Teresa Cabel bergdogg 11-23-01 4
       RE: The Teresa Cabel anotherkim 11-23-01 5
           RE: The Teresa Cabel Naked 11-25-01 25
   RE: The Teresa Cabel SurvivorBlows 11-23-01 10
 RE: The Teresa Cabel PepeLePew13 11-23-01 6
   Frank's vote is unknown! LoudmouthLee 11-23-01 7
       RE: Frank's vote is unknown! PepeLePew13 11-23-01 8
           RE: Frank's vote is unknown! LoudmouthLee 11-23-01 9
           RE: Frank's vote is unknown! SurvivorBlows 11-23-01 11
 RE: The Teresa Cabel zzz 11-23-01 12
   anything can happen weltek 11-23-01 14
   RE: The Teresa Cabel PepeLePew13 11-23-01 15
   RE: The Teresa Cabel rlegris 11-23-01 16
       RE: The Teresa Cabel PepeLePew13 11-23-01 18
           RE: The Teresa Cabel rlegris 11-23-01 19
               RE: The Teresa Cabel PepeLePew13 11-23-01 21
   RE: The Teresa Cabel SurvivorBlows 11-23-01 17
 RE: The Teresa Cabel Loree 11-23-01 13
   The Pa-Gong Show Rose Red 11-23-01 20
       RE: The Pa-Gong Show Loree 11-23-01 22
           Lex would be the most likely to get... cowboyroo 11-24-01 23
               RE: Lex would be the most likely to... Seyz 11-24-01 24
                   Teresa will just tell him! Pa-Gong! Rose Red 11-25-01 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-01, 01:31 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
Well considering that Kelly doesn't really appear to like him, it's entirely possible.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-23-01, 01:46 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
The answer is "Yes" to all those questions. See my post "Fly!T-Bird!FLY!" I already came to an all female take-over conclusion, or rather scenario.

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 02:58 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
Actually, Frank has one vote. (Silas)

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-23-01, 03:25 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
The problem with tha is that nobody knows that Silas voted for Frank, unless they told him away from camera.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 09:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
It doesn't take much to figure out that Silas voted for Frank since he couldn't vote for himself and he was trying to convince everyone else to vote for Frank. You can bet Teresa knows this.

Kim

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-25-01, 02:49 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
I remember discussing this a few weeks ago, and based on interviews of S1 and S2, it was decided that all the votes were revealed after tribal council. The Frank vote would be known.
Naked

11-23-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
Woops, forgot about that lone Ep 5 vote, thanks. But it still pales in comparison to Tom's 3 and Lex's 2 -- either would still lose a tiebreaker.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 10:32 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
One thought I had when I read this thread... is Teresa shaping up to be the leader of the old Samburus? If so, that might explain why she dumped a vote on Lex.

Sure, she might be doing it under the guise of keeping her word to Clarence, but I bet you she knows that Tom has 3 votes (KimP and Brandon probably would tell her) and she may be trying to build up votes against several old Borans in case of tiebreaks.

It may be that she sees Kelly as less of a threat right now because Kim P and Brandon probably clued her in after the merge about what kind of a person Kelly is, while at the same time she's getting vibes from these two and everyone else about Lex. Better to give Lex the extra vote than to spread it around because as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, she can probably figure out that Frank has a vote from Silas from the way Silas was pushing for Frank in episode 4.

So... all this might fit in with the preview we are seeing for episode 8 -- an attempt by Teresa to ally the 4 old Samburus together and pull Kelly (or MamaKim) over to their side to target old Boran.

My only concern is that this sounds too easy and the TV previews (along with CBS's site preview) make it seem too simple. We could be fooled yet again.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
7. "Frank's vote is unknown!"
Silas's vote was not shown to the tribe. According to Frank, right now, he has NO votes. MB does not want Frank in that position.

(Woooohooo... Special thanks to all of my OT buddies, especially the tag team combination of SamIAm and Boomer Thank you for the sig. Thank you, my OT buddies for making me smile 24/7 )

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

11-23-01, 11:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Frank's vote is unknown!"
>Silas's vote was not shown to the tribe. According to
>Frank, right now, he has NO votes. MB does not want
>Frank in that position.

The point is that some of the people (i.e. Teresa) KNOWS that Silas voted for somebody and Silas campaigned for people to vote Frank. It doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together -- and they do count prior votes even if it's not revealed to the tribe.

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 11:21 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Frank's vote is unknown!"
I do agree... however, with the duplicity of Silas, that was well known to ANYONE, no one really knows. If you didnt see the vote, how sure could you be that he voted for Frank? Hindsight is always 20/20

(Woooohooo... Special thanks to all of my OT buddies, especially the tag team combination of SamIAm and Boomer Thank you for the sig. Thank you, my OT buddies for making me smile 24/7 )

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

11-23-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Frank's vote is unknown!"
I agree it's not much to put it together, but in this game you don't want to place your life on any uncertainties.

...the way Silas was panicing that last day, it's anyone's guess where his final vote might have gone, he might have thrown it to Clarence or Ethan for all they know.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
I am confused about something. People keep talking about Teresa setting up prior votes in case of a tie break. But I do not see a situation when a tie break will occur until maybe the final 4. By that point, either Teresa will be gone or Lex and Tom will be gone, so I don't know why piling on these votes will matter.

Let me be more specific. In E8 (recap is E7.5 in my book) either an old Samburu will be voted off (my best guess) or an old Boran will be voted off (with the help of an old Boran, most likely Kelly or maybe KimJ). Once that happens, one side has a free ride to the final 5 (barring immunity runs). In other words, if all of old Boran stick together in the next vote, it is pretty clear they will stick together to the final 5. Similarly, if Kelly (or KimJ) defect to old Samburu, that alliance will have the upper hand and stick together until the final 5. Either way--there is no real potential for Teresa to still be around with Lex or Tom at the time of a tie vote. One side or the other will be eliminated by then.

Please tell me specifically a realistic scenario in which these tie votes can come into play prior to the final 4, and give my a realistic scenario in which Teresa and Lex or Tom are in the final 4 together (barring an incredible immunity run).

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
14. "anything can happen"
You can bet that I didn't think Tina, Kieth, Colby, and Elisabeth would be the final 4 last year. The individual immunities aren't just all about stregth, so anyone can win those and really change a game. Here are all of our known factors:

Teresa loyal to Frank
Brandon & Kim loyal (could change, but doubtful-need eachother)
Kelly doesn't like Lex
Franks only protector is Teresa. He votes with her.

Ethan was on the fence at the beginning, doesn't seem to be overly committed to Lex & Tom. He's in it for himself.
Mama Kim is a tough one. She likes old Boran, but realizes two things (likely realizes anyway): The men may carry her til late in the game due to low physical threat. She feels secure for now. BUT...she really seems to like Teresa & Frank. She knows Teresa and Frank are not in any other alliance. She needs to figure out where her best chances are.
Tom is pretty tight with Ethan & Lex, but may be sweet talked by Teresa & Kelly. Not likely though. He's got 3 votes against him, so he is probably nervous.
Lex still has control, so he needs to watch his step. This witch hunt could push him into a bad spot.

No good character development yet: Lil Kim, Ethan

I think these two go far because of that. Work back from there and you can come up with a million scenarios where a mixed Boran/Samburu final 4 comes out.

11-23-01, 02:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-01 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

In this game, you can NEVER rule anything out. All it would take is a bad back-stab by someone and sides can be switched.

Also, zzz, WE think that there is no chance that Teresa won't be in a final 4 with Lex or Tom, but do THEY think that at this point in time in the game? They know each other far better than we know them on TV/on SBlows, and as we just found out last night, there is tremendous potential for character development by certain individuals and our expectations of certain things to happen (i.e. most believing the merger takes place NEXT episode or Teresa a 'sure-fire' boot yesterday) can often get thrown for a loop.

We can argue the "facts" until we're blue in the face, but let's face it... MB takes delight in laying out what seems to be simple facts and then it goes into the trash can because we don't see the editing yet.

rlegris 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
>Please tell me specifically a realistic
>scenario in which these tie
>votes can come into play
>prior to the final 4,

What if we see 3 alliances therefore a 3 way tie..

Lex,Tom,Ethan could vote Frank
LilKim, Brandon, Teresa, Vote Tom
Kelly, Frank, KimJ could vote Lex

Just a guess but a 3 way tie would be a realistic scenario either at the next tc or when they are down to 6.

R. LeGris

11-23-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"

>Lex,Tom,Ethan could vote Frank
>LilKim, Brandon, Teresa, Vote Tom
>Kelly, Frank, KimJ could vote Lex

It's a possibility to have a 3-way tie further down the road (i.e. Frank-Teresa, Lex-Ethan, KimP-Brandon), but I just cannot see a 3-way tie in the next episode under the scenario you've presented. Frank and Teresa will almost certainly vote together, and Kelly is more likely to vote with the Brats than with Frank (someone she's already said negative things about).

It 'could' be more likely to happen if you have the following vote together:

Lex/Tom/Ethan - Frank
KimP/Brandon/Kelly - Lex
Frank/Teresa/KimJ - Brandon

Will it happen? Very doubtful as this is going across old tribal lines. But in this case, the extra vote going to Lex would be huge to boot him over Frank with a 2-1 advantage in prior votes.

rlegris 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"

>>Lex,Tom,Ethan could vote Frank
>>LilKim, Brandon, Teresa, Vote Tom
>>Kelly, Frank, KimJ could vote Lex

>Lex/Tom/Ethan - Frank
>KimP/Brandon/Kelly - Lex
>Frank/Teresa/KimJ - Brandon

yeah, I thought of that too, but when Frank didn't vote with Teresa last night, and seeing teresa talk with Brandon and Kim, I just figured alliances could change. Anyway, I doubt there will be a 3 way tie, but is it possible before final 4? heck yeah, it is possible... twice.

R.LeGris

11-23-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"

>yeah, I thought of that too, but when Frank didn't vote
>with Teresa last night

This was probably Teresa's way of thanking Clarence for losing the IC due to paper-rock-scissors and she knew that Frank and the others were all set to vote Clarence out with a resounding margin. Sort of like Tom voting for Clarence twice knowing that the rest of the Borans were set to vote Diane and then Jessie.

11-23-01, 02:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
First of all, I'd point out theat your theory assumes that the alliance "runs the table" and doesn't stop until all the other tribemembers are gone. That's how it played out in S1, but not in S2. Witness JErri and Amber's ouster before Rodger and Liz.

Say Teresa forms an alliance, and the alliance decides to target the one of the remaining physical threat -- Tom. Kelly, Teresa, Frank, Brandi and LittleKim target Tom. Kelly might even SECRETLY do this without telling anyone (it probably won't be too hard for her to figure out who Samburu might be targeting.) Ethan, Tom, MamaKim, and Lex target what they assume is the biggest remaining threat in Samburu -- Frank. Tom goes in Ep8 in a surprise 5-4 vote.

In Ep 9, Boran might again plan to target Frank, while Kelly now seems a chance to realign with Lex, Ethan, and MamaKim (they really need her now.) But say Samburu conspires to win Frank immunity (much by Tina did for Keith in S2 Ep7) and Boran is forced to pick someone else. In that case then Samburu would be safe in selecting LEX for the vote -- LEX would go in a 4-4 split vote due to previous votes.

Are the scenarios unlikely -- sure, but it's better to load as many remaining folks up with previous votes, because you never know when you might need them. To point is Frank is the only previous Samburu with votes, and only one vote. Therefore the best thing for any Samburu to be doing is throwing as many votes on the Borans -- any Boran, even Tom -- as possible.

-SB

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 02:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Teresa Cabel"
I wonder if Teresa and Clarence talked and both decided to vote for Lex. Or was it just chance that they both voted for him?

11-23-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
20. "The Pa-Gong Show"
I am so sure that Clarence went to Teresa, as perhaps his only friend left on the tribe. (Also, the racial stereo=typing again this season is pretty...well, unfortunate, to say the least.) He told her that Lex was going to vote him out and Teresa finally got a clue, and shockingly, decided to target Lex. And that probably convinced her to vote the way she did.
Her sudden ascendance from the chorus to the leading lady role in S3 is one of those great Eve Harrington/Margo Channing switcheroos that MB(and I) just love.
I'm crazy about Teresa now and want her to win. Or at least stick around for awhile. But put quite simply, if she doesn't get one Old Boron to vote with her the next tribal council against (probably) Lex, an old Samburoo will go,probably Frank,who the testosterone trio of L/E/T will see as a physical threat to immunity. However, Frank may WIN the immunity and then who? Brandon? Or it could be Ethan who wins the immunity as seems most likely and then Frank would be gone, but Lex would have A LOT of votes.
And the Pa-Gong Show(ho hum) begins.
Have you noticed on the polls that Lex is now the LEAST liked character on the show?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Pa-Gong Show"
I would be surprised if Lex wasn't the least liked after lastnight's show. Even the folks who were Lex cheerleaders seem to be complaining about him now.

On the Survivor Insider clips they show Frank giving a really nice toast to Teresa with the wine when they are sitting around at their party. He really seems to think alot of her and I would guess he will be sticking with her in any alliance she picks. (Maybe Tom will want to get rid of Frank out of jealousy for Teresa's affections. LOL!)

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-24-01, 01:49 PM (EST)
23. "Lex would be the most likely to get to switch sides"
By having only one additional vote against Lex instead of 5, it creates the opportunity to create the witch hunt atmosphere. If there was a 5-5 tie, it would be obvious that the Samburus joined with Clarence to vote for Lex. With only ONE additional vote besides Clarence's it looks more like a fellow-Boran voted against Lex and that may be exactly what Samburu (Teresa) wanted. I would guess they would try to pull Lex over, based on the distrust.

It would be nice to see that happen. Would hate to see another Pa-gonging.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Lex would be the most likely to get to switch sides"
I agree that could happen.
Could Theresa be sooooo smart.. that she gave a vote to Lex to cause mistrust among the Borans. Once Lex freaks out, Theresa can tell Lex that say Tom approached her and told her to vote for him (Lex), but that she didn't because she liked him. Then.. Brandon and Kim can join in telling Lex that Tom also approached them to vote out him. With so many witnesses, even if Tom denied that he did anything like that.. Lex would probably not believe him. Then.. THe samburus could convince Lex to join them to vote out Tom.. since he thinks Tom betrayed him.
That would be an extremely complicated plan though. But it's possible that Lex could be the one to switch if he starts feeling vulnerable.

11-25-01, 03:24 AM (EST)
26. "Teresa will just tell him! Pa-Gong!"
I think the Lex/Teresa scenario is as simple as he asks her and she says "yes". She's that upfront kind of a woman. Didn't Lindsey ask her point blank "Are you voting for me?" And Teresa answered a resounding "Yes!"

But that was earlier in the show. Maybe she's learned to keep her mouth shut, but I don't think so. She'll tell Lex right to his face that she was honoring a promise to Clarence, and she was. But she didn't promise Clarence to vote for "Lex".
He'll take it one of two ways.
1)He'll respect her loyalty. And admire her strength and see it as an asset.
or
2)He'll see her as too much of a threat and Teresa will be going-going-Pa-Gong!
It's gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm bored already.What a bunch of lemmings, following Lex blindly right over the cliff into the sea!
I do not see this very-late-in-the-day-Sumbooboo-getting-its'- act together working. Even if they all voted together as a block(against Lex, and they probably will)there's still only four of them and five Boron and Kelly, as we've seen is a spineless wonder and Mamakim is totally loyal to "The Men of Boran" as she calls them. No. No one is going anywhere.
Except the ENTIRE Sumbooboo tribe. Pa-Gone!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •