The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirmed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-19-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirmed"
So we finally know what the hospital stay for Lindsey was all about. This spoiler has been driving me nuts and I'm glad it's out in the open now, from her interview with Howard Stern:

* He asked her to confirm several rumors he had heard.
(2) That she spent time in the hospital either during or after Survivor. She said that when she dehydrated in Ep. 3, they took her away and put an IV in her to get some fluids in her body.
She then had a gastrointestinal problem after she had been voted off, and spent some time in the hospital.*

So now we know. But it still brings up questions about the rules. When can a tribe member be taken away and brought BACK after illness, injury, etc. This seems sneaky, no wonder we weren't shown her getting taken away in Episode 3!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirm... Loree 11-19-01 1
 An IV seems unfair to me. Sexy Spearchucker 11-19-01 2
   RE: An IV seems unfair to me. Canada Girl 11-20-01 3
       RE: An IV seems unfair to me. PepeLePew13 11-20-01 4
 RE: Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirm... zzz 11-20-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirmed"
Didn't Diane also mention that she had an IV because she was dehydrated after that one challenge when she collapsed? I think they can get medical treatment. And as long as they return immediately they can stay in the game. Susan had her hand bandaged in S1 and stayed in the game.

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 09:07 PM (EST)
2. "An IV seems unfair to me."
Am I mistaken in believing that a hydration IV would unfairly help a survivor? If one is weakened to the point they are useless in IC's then they would be much more likely to be voted off.

Lindsey is truly stupid. Not just in her over-reactions and interviews on the show. I couldn't believe she was sunning herself when there is a serious lack of water.

Unfortunately she epitomizes the blonde stereotype.

This blonde has no such characteristics...Sexy Spearchucker

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-20-01, 10:11 AM (EST)
3. "RE: An IV seems unfair to me."
I totally agree about the unfair IV. It seems to me if you have to be pulled from the game to by hydrated by an IV, you are OUT! You are no longer "surviving" on your own and you have lost the game.

This pulling them and giving an IV then putting them back in is bullS***!

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-01, 10:20 AM (EST)
4. "RE: An IV seems unfair to me."
... not to mention the fact that getting an IV *could* potentially give the person a little more strength that other 'healthy' ones might not get.

What if the IV made Lindsey feel that much stronger she was able to remember facts mentally from the guidebook better than earlier, thus allowing her to beat Carl in the tiebreak? Now that would be further ammo for a lawsuit against MB and company.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Lindsey's Hospital Stay Confirmed"
People seem to be complaining that if someone needs medical attention, they should be out of the game. While that could have been the rule, I believe that all the players know that this is not the rule. I think all the players know that if for some reason they need medical attention, they can stay in the game as long as they can make it back for the next challenge (Lindsey is not the first person to take adavange of this rule--I think as far back as Susan in S1 got medical attention for her wrist). MB does not want to disqualify people for injury. That makes for a pretty bad TV show with people constantly being disqualified for relatively minor injuries that need some medical attention. It was widely reported that after Mike's burns last season, he would have been allowed to continue if he could have returned by IC.

While the game's rules are subject to certain changes, I believe that this is a long-standing rule that all the player know about. Thus, it is not unfair because everyone has the potential advantage of this rule. The fact that someone does not end up needing to take advantage of the rule does not mean that the person should not be glad the rule was there in case he or she had needed it.

You can disagree with this rule, but I think MB really has to have this rule or he risks too many disqualifications which leads to bad TV which leads to bad ratings which leads to cancellation. Some people have this idea that the show should really be about "surviving" the elements. That might be an interesting show for some, but I do not think that is really the show we are watching here. No one is really in danger (stupid night watch duty notwithstanding--and what would they be able to do even if the night watch spots a wild animal break into the camp--they are helpless whether there is a night watch or not--but I digress), and no one is going to be left in a potentially threatening situation. This is a television show, and they have to balance personal safety with what makes for an interesting show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •