The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What About Zap 2 It's Description?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

realityjunkie 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-05-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What About Zap 2 It's Description?"
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any discussion of Zap 2 It's 'You've Got Tree Mail" description as it would relate to the Twist.

You've seen the show
And think you know the game
But, this being SURVIVOR
Things aren't always the same
So, tune in to see
Who's the one they dismiss
This is definitely the episode
You don't want to miss!

Who's the one they dismiss? Maybe each tribe sends 1 person (dismisses one) to the other tribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What About Zap 2 It's Descript... Outfrontgirl 11-06-01 1
   RE: What About Zap 2 It's Descript... zzz 11-06-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: What About Zap 2 It's Description?"
rj,
I discussed this very thing on at least 3 of the major twist threads.
I try to look hard for an existing thread that's relevant before I start a new one, to keep the main discussions at the top of the list.

When a new preview or spoiler comes out it usually merits a new thread so everyone can be made aware. It's not that your idea doesn't have merit, but too many threads gets confusing, not only because the page gets crowded but because when the same thing's being discussed on three threads people have to go repeat themselves. People start asking questions when the answer is right next door on another similar thread.

Of course I just bumped this thread to the top by replying, but
I have been wanting to propose that we go back to our Spoiler Housekeeping guidelines (by sleeeve), and hesitate and read up before we start new threads. Nothing directed at you personally, rj.

Like, one major thread per category would be helpful...
VidCaps
Twists, maybe A, B, and C (separate)
Written previews
Alliance speculation
Challenge speculation
Interview spoilers
SOTS
Insider
East Coast Feed
Vote Thread

Right there we have a screen full of topics, plus sometimes we need to bump old topics as they become relevant.
When one topic gets to where it's slow to load (40?50?), then we could post a Part 2 and carry on the discussion in an orderly fashion.

Instead we have more than a dozen twist threads and I can't even remember where I said what...
(OK, so that's not new)

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-06-01, 09:51 AM (EST)
2. "RE: What About Zap 2 It's Description?"
Outfrontgirl--

As usual you make a good point, but in defense of realityjunkie, at this point it would be hard to find the discussion of this issue. It is probably buried deep in another thread talking about many other issues as well. Sometimes I find it helpful to focus on a single point by pulling it out as its own thread.

As far as the point itself, I don't find the argument very persuasive. If the twist were a swap of one player per team then it would not be "one" they dismiss but "two" or "ones" they dismiss (one from EACH tribe for a total of two people dismissed). More likely, it means that after the effects of the "twist" have been felt, it will be more interesting to find out who is booted because it becomes less predictible. To me, the "one" they dismiss can only refer to the booted person at TC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •