The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-01, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
Okay... so this week, I'm starting to feel not only comfortable... but downright excited about spoiling again.

The reason that I went out and bought Survivor Insider is that I wanted all the extra footage I could get to try to get into the heads of the contestants.

As anyone that has read my previous spoilers knows, my favorite type of speculation is strategy/personality analysis...

Well... I'm starting to get a grasp on the way that a few of the players are thinking... and I think that I've put together a little scenario for the game this week. (scroll to the end for speculation/analysis)

But first... here's the clips:

Reliving the lions
Tom, Kim, Ethan surrounding fire, early morning (sun is up).
Tom says "you woke me up... it was a lion, wasn't it?"
Ethan says he was scared.
Ethan says the lion was hungry.
Then, Ethan says that the Lion said that Tom was keeping it awake, snoring.
Ethan tells Tom he was the fastest to get up.
Kim remembers where it was breathing.
Tom: Well... that might have been me snoring (joking)
Kim says she also heard hyenas, zebra, and maybe an elephant.
Tom says it was like a bad dream.
Tom said that he was so delerious that he suggested the entire tribe go climb a tree.
Tom thinks there was more than one lion.
Kelly in a private interview:
Kelly and Clarence had the second shift.
Had slept for 2 hours.
They were nodding off around fire when they heard what sounded like a snorting pig circling their camp.
The thought it might have been a water buffalo at first.
They were scared, shook cans, screams.
Cut Back to the group around the fire:
Lex thanks everyone for letting him sleep in late.
Lex says when he heard Kelly scream, he woke up, jumped up, and part of the shelter collapsed on top of him when he hit his head on it.
He put shoes on wrong feet and went running to help, yelling at the top of his lungs.
Tom says that he has never felt so afraid.
Says that after he was done hugging Ethan, he felt safe.
Lex said that he heard the two... they sounded like girls.
Tom says that he was hugging Ethan so tight that his fingers got stuck in his curly hair.

The Young and the Ruthless
Silas in a private interview
He let the younger people know that he was with them to win it with them.
How they vote will show their loyalty and will determine who goes to the merge.
Silas to younger ones:
Can you imagine if one of us got voted off and we had to spend the rest of the game with those old people? That would be bad. That would suck. We're good people.
Brandon: none of us would be this manipulative in real life, but it's fun, here.
Lindsey: They could be down there (water hole) unifying right now... 4 vs 4.
Silas is proud of the team.
Must not let Teresa or Doc be alone with anyone before the merge.
Silas giving pep talk to team:
The Old Folks never laugh or joke.
The young ones like to hug... the old ones don't do that.
The old ones have made a big mistake.
They shouldn't give the old folks time alone... tomorrow morning, they will go to water hole with them... don't want to give them time to scheme... or even think.
We're not being evil. We're being careful. We're outwitting right now, and on the challenges, we'll outplay them and run laps around them.
Confidence in each other is vital.
Can't make it w/o each other.
Brandon: That's a fact, Jack.
All laugh.

The Old Play with Integrity
Frank and Carl hiking together (water run)
Frank: Well, there's only seven of us right now.
Carl: we can play the game with integrity or we can play with deceit
Carl: I'm gonna play with integrity
Frank: Well, if he wants to come aboard, he knows we're 4 strong individuals.
Carl: well, I think he wants one or two of ours.
Frank: he thinks they're the four stong people??
Carl: That's what I got.
Carl: Now all of a sudden, people are worried about water.
Carl: another reason I think Lindsey's got heat stroke is she's spent 2 days sunbathing.
Carl: she has her period and she's sun bathing... you don't sun bathe!
(Teresa and Linda catch up to F/C on the hike)
Teresa: he has an alliance with the young people?
Carl: hey... it's a game
Teresa: Well, that's fine... at least I know where we stand.
Carl: I see four horsemen here.
Linda: what's the sign of strength? people look at my body and think I'm weaker, but I could have gone another 5 hours out there.
Carl: every day, I get water and start the fire... I haven't bitched and moaned once!... if you wanna define strength
Linda: this is a crush to their side, with Lindsey ill.
Frank: let the game masters sort it out.
Carl: don't play it up that we didn't do anything.
Teresa: Silas is probably feeling nervous now.
All: oh yeah.
Carl: Integrity... that's what I'm about... I know that's what Frank's about, Linda, and T... so if I'm gonna lose, it's gonna be with integrity.
Frank: Us four stick together all the way... and if we go into the merge with less people, we just keep our integrity and win a few over.
Carl: integrity and honor... you come to Africa, and don't do any hard work... they bathe in the 90 degree heat of Africa, go into a challenge, and don't hydrate... I'm surprised it didn't happen any sooner.
Frank: Don't forget... she could have just been playing it to get a little relief.

A scorpion finds Ethan
Kelly: we're examining our survivor handbook to see what we've missed so far.
Ethan seems to have been stung by a scorpion.
They're going through the symptoms.
Kelly: Did you experience paralysis of the area and discomfort for 12 to 48 hours.
Ethan: yes.
Kelly: vomiting or headache?
Ethan: no.
Kelly: Well, those are optional.
Ethan was asleep and awoke to sharp, numbing pain.
swollen ball on his arm. lost the use of his hand for a while.
still can't move his wrist forward at all.
a strange experience... seems to be getting better.
didn't ever see the scorpion, even though he looked for it.
It might have been something else, but it gave "one hell of a bite".

Kim Johnson's Stability
Private interview with Mama Kim
group dynamics-- 5 get along pretty well.
4 are on same wave of thinking... well... make that three.
then one that, although it appears that he's sharing in the group effort, he's on the fringe.
Clarence is the one... although he's making a huge effort to be a part of the group and not be so overbearing.
cannot determine any voting strategies until after the next IC.
Relates well to Lex and Kelly... but not so much with Ethan.
Ethan is not as trusting... but that might be smart for him.
thinks that Kelly, Lex, she, and Ethan to a lesser extent are on same wavelength.
Her statusin the tribe is good
May be old lady, but has report with young people... a certain appreciated steadiness.
not a stand up comic, like Tom
She held her own in the most recent challenge, despite taking a heavy roll and getting all cut up (just like Lex).
Lex told her that he was impressed with how well she did, for her age.
she appreciated that comment, bullshit or not.

Kim Powers and Brandon sit out
Private interview with Kim P.:
she volunteered to sit out the RC because they were taking too much time to decide who should sit out.... and not enough strategizing.
she thinks the tribe will need her today for immunity.
she thinks its awful they lost, cause the water was horrible.
but good, because it's the only challenge she sat out is the only one they lost.
OFFICIAL RULE: can't sit out same people in the same three-day period.
Brandon and she sat out yesterday.
They should decide who will sit out BEFORE they go to challenge to prevent a repeat of the fights.
Private interview with Brandon:
Doc chose to sit them out, younger people wanted one young and one old out.
It's more important that two of the stronger ones will be there for the IC.
He says that the old folks learned a lesson... they shouldn't have sat Brandon and Kim out.
They were told in advance that two people would have to sit out RC and IC back-to-back.
They were glad that all four of the strong people (young) would be there for the IC.
Brandon talking to the group:
They spent a lot of time arguing before the challenge that they could have spent strategizing
It killed them that they didn't have a game plan.
They need to decide in advance:
if a mental challenge, these two sit out.
if physical, these two people.
if different than they thought, decide at that point.
Carl agrees that this is a good idea...
The younger ones try to lead the discussion and Carl steps in and takes over the process.
Linda steps in, too... and they don't let the young ones get a word in edgewise.
Carl: we need a girl and a boy to sit out.
Lindsey: no...
Carl: who's sat out before?
Linda (ignoring): I've sat out before, but I can sit out if it's major upper body.
Carl: I can sit out if I need to.
Linda: no, you can't not if it's upper body (to Carl).
Carl: who has sat out before.
Lindsey: I can sit out if it's lots of running.
Brandon (to Silas): No! you can't... you're the strongest person... you and Silas... you just can't.
Brandon: If it's mental... well... they won't have anyone sit out if it's mental.
Carl: won't be mental this early in the morning.
Linda: what if it's a combination? like a maze?
Kim: If it's a maze, you need to appoint a leader with a good sense of direction, and everyone follows what they say, no matter what.

Kelly tells All
Private interview with Kelly
Had duty with Lex for the first time ever, last nite.
Chats with everyone
Chatting has calmed down a little, cause they're not trying to get to know each other, and they would all benefit from alone time.
Gender politics... challenges they've lost have been physical.
Clarence was the next target in everyone's mind until they lost IC#2.
Even though they've now won one IC, they really need to win 2 more to be comfortable.
Gender alliance spearheaded by Tom.
Tom is like a big bear.
at first, thought Tom was charming and quaint... but now his sexism is grating...
Finds it rude, crass, and annoying.
From where he's coming from, it's normal, but it's bugging her.
he's funny... but...
she gets pushed out of doing work all the time.
she doesn't want to crochet another hand towel.
she tries to bring in wood, and Tom: "don't hurt yourself."
"whatever"

Lex the Leader
talking to camera with Tom at his side
hopes no one has impression that they're kicking back and being lazy.
they have tons of chores every day.
they have to get water.
want to conserve energy on challenge days, but don't have that luxury.
probably need to work on fixing up the fence for the next four days, after what happened last night.
should work on it morning and night every day
wanna feel safe... even if there's a lion right outside.
they exert so much effort all day that they might lose challenges.
concern for today: afternoon challenge, out of water, and won't have time afterward.
today is particularly hot... not a cloud in the sky

The young oust Doc
brandon... we have to win 2 more challenges... can't do it w/o Frank
Doc is sick, and so is T. one of them should go.
Doc told Silas "when I give my word, my word is solid"
Brandon: it will be 4-4... we can't break ranks... we should vote Doc.
Reasons (from group): he has good car, 4500 sq foot house, pool, hot tub, money... and is sick.
They will be shocked.
They think shock value will be an asset.
It will be 4-4 unless someone fucks each other over.
Brandon: don't make any allusions that Doc is who we're voting for... they won't expect it.
Silas: Our plan was to prove they were weaker, but now Lindsey is weakest right now, and that screwed up our game plan... that's just gonna kill us.
Silas: I wanna win this... we're all here to win this, so let's just get ot the final four like we had planned.
Silas: They made an alliance and tried to get me to join... what did they think I was gonna do??? Cut y'all out... gimme a break... what did they think I was, stupid.
Brandon: They're all here for the game.
Silas: I'm not gonna fall for this "our word is our word" bull crap... I was born at night, but not last night... I'm not gonna be nice to them any more.
Lindsey: I mean if you saw me be nice to frank, you'd know something was desperately wrong.
Brandon: Well, getting rid of Doc tomorrow is all that matters. I mean if he has millions of dollars, why is he here?
Silas: No idea... no idea, B.

Extra Crispy
Brandon cooking
Brandon: I want at least two crispies if we have enough... but we don't, do we.
Silas: what do you think, Kimmy... do we have enough?
Kim: no, we need to make more.
Brandon: I'm so hungry for crispies... I want more... we're gonna act like this is all we're having.
Silas: Take you time.
Brandon: except if they come back, they're gonna see them and think they get some.
Silas: we'll just tell them if they get back that we made them, and started eating them, but we're gonna have to boil more water.
Silas: Linds, come and get one.
Lindsey: aww... thanks guys... it's like we're the cool kids, and we have our clics... like we're back in fifth grade.... that's just the way this game is.
Brandon: today's gonna be a rough day, and I don't wanna make it worse... leaving two scoops would be just as bad as leaving nothing for them.
Silas: Well, then let's just eat it all.
Kim: I can make crispies out of this.
Brandon: yeah... make crispies out of it!

Tribal Council Voting
Kim: (Doc Carl) I hope you get your margarita with your shot of midori really soon.
Silas: (CARL) I hate doing this, this is private... you know, I love the guy, he's awesome, he kinda makes me laugh... one day, I'll go get a margarita with a shot of midori with you, but things have to happen.
Lindsey: (CARL) shown on TV
Frank: (Lindsey) shown on TV
Brandon: (Dr. B) You are the nicest guy, and I hope you get a margarita with midori when all this is over. You have a great family and a great career, and a lot of money, and I think everyone here needs the money more than you.
Linda: (LINDSEY) shown on TV
Teresa: (Lindsey) Thanks for making me laugh, but I gave my word.
Carl: (LINDSEY) Lindsey, this is not a balmy world... we are in Africa and it's not about making beads, and chilling... it's about survival, it's about a work ethic, and it's about responsibility and I haven't seen it... that's why this is my vote. I like Lindsey, but responsibility doesn't seem to be part of her vocabulary at this point.

==================================
My take:

With the focus on physicality in all of the Insider clips, look for at least one challenge (if not both) to be physically grating next week.

Samburu:
OFA still has some faith in Silas, but none in the other three... look for them to approach Silas, and try to get him to join them... If Lindsey, Kim, or Brandon starts to fail in a challenge, look for Silas to seriously consider this offer.

The GXA didn't want Doc or Teresa to be alone with anyone... this could be a sign that these two are (were) the leaders... but I think it's a sign that they appear to be the least connected to the alliance. That means that the GXA believes that Frank and Linda are in charge, and will likely target one of these before they target Teresa... if the GXA holds, Frank or Linda will be the next to go from Samburu.

Last comment: Brandon's stock rose by leaps and bounds... he seems to be the only mature, responsible member of the GXA... if the GXA prevails, Brandon will have to take a leadership role in the group. Lindsey and Silas are extremely immature... especially Silas Sorry ItzLisa!!!... I felt like a was watching a third grader whenever he opened his mouth... MB is editing him much better for the TV audience than he is for Survivor Insider.

Boran
Kelly and Mama Kim got lots of face time...

Kelly seems to know what's up... she knows that the females are targets, and is trying to put herself in a position to impress the men. Note that both she and Mama Kim list Tom as an outsider... this seems to strengthen my belief in a LET alliance... Tom is close with Ethan, while Lex (smartly) seems to be playing both sides (learned from Colby and Tina)...

The next time Boran goes to vote:

Look for the LET alliance to try to target Mama Kim

Possible play of the game:
Lex tells Kelly and Kim that the tribe will be voting out Clarence, then splits the votes 4-2 with the men vs. the women and Mama Kim as the target (due to weakness).

If Lex tries to be honest with Kelly, look for Kelly to tell Mama Kim, and for the two to try to recruit Clarence to vote for Tom...

This would result in a 3-3 tie between Mama Kim and Tom, with no previous votes.

Not sure where Clarence stands with his supposed allies... he might not be willing to turn on Tom...

Current week predictions:

If Samburu goes to TC, Linda will go. (grating Mother Africa speeches, pissing off Lindsey, face time, need Frank around to win challenges)

If Boran goes to TC, Mama Kim will go (face time, Survivor Insider portrays as confident and well-liked (note: did this with Carl last week), weakest link, 3-3 tie unlikely due to Lex trickery or Clarence unwilling to vote with the women)

Look for an extremely physical IC to determine who will go to TC.

Gut feeling:
Samburu wins immunity... they are still the stronger tribe, despite poor performance in the rock roll.
Mama Kim will be the next voted off.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Insider... with your h... Outfrontgirl 10-30-01 1
 Upper Body Strength Mentioned as an... IceCat 10-30-01 2
   RE: Upper Body Strength Mentioned a... Stairway2Dayton 10-30-01 3
       Challenge/"Thank-You!"/Who sits out... Krautboy 10-30-01 4
       update on Kelly dangerkitty 10-30-01 7
           RE: update on Kelly Stairway2Dayton 10-31-01 15
 You're a prince, sleeeve! George Tirebiter 10-30-01 5
 RE: Survivor Insider... with your h... true 10-30-01 6
 RE: Survivor Insider... with your h... Dalton 10-30-01 8
   Thanks & Thoughts weltek 10-30-01 9
   I caved in Outfrontgirl 10-30-01 10
       RE: I caved in sleeeve 10-30-01 12
   RE: Survivor Insider... with your h... TechNoir 10-30-01 11
 RE: Survivor Insider... with your h... supershirll 10-31-01 13
 RE: Asking a Question for All in th... Dalton 10-31-01 14
   RE: Asking a Question for All in th... PepeLePew13 10-31-01 16
       Dalton's theory weltek 10-31-01 17
   RE: Asking a Question for All in th... TaurusII 10-31-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-01, 03:22 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
Awesome effort, sleeeve, so much extra info, it's great.
I am still digesting your summary, but I'm curious what you and others think about how, if at all, Insider "face time" factors into total face time.

You made a comment about Mama Kim's Insider face time and portrayal reminding you of Carl's last week.

I would assume that the majority of S3 watchers don't see the clips and that Burnett has to think about episode face time when he edits. I also have a theory that every week's preview gives us at least one good shot of the bootee-to-be. I don't recall seeing Mama Kim in the previews this week.

I'm also wondering when Teresa will get developed. I have no sense of her from the show as yet. Is she prominent in the Insider clips or UTR?

Thanks again for taking your scarce time to lay this out for us.
And that's not a Linda Thank You, btw...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 03:27 AM (EST)
2. "Upper Body Strength Mentioned as an Issue..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-01 AT 03:29 AM (EST)

It's interesting that upperbody strength is mentioned an issue. That house/log move is going to be very difficult for Samburu as they have at least one weak link on the upperbody side Linda, Brandon, possibly Teresa. Only one of them can sit out. It appears that are two heavy pieces to be moved... some logs (Frank's task) and the house structure.

The house structure is going to be the problem for the Samburus because of the upperbody strength problem. One, possibly two, weak individuals will be on the 'house' move. Silas and Lindsey will be the 'two pillars of strength' trying to move that 'house'. The weak linl(s) backing them up will keep dropping the load causing a fitful start/stop effect that will drain the strength from evan Silas let alone what effect that it has on Lindsey.

If that house/log move is the IC, then Boran gets it. If the obstacle course is IC then poor hydration and the physical toll of the RC are going to put Samburu at a serious disadvantage going into a challenge that they would, otherwise, dominate.

Things to watch for in future vid clips:

1) evidence of upperbody strength issues.

2) evidence of a long distance component to the obstacle course which would make hydration even more of an issue.

Edited to Add:

Thanks for shelling out the coin and the time to do this for us sleeeve. It's already bearing fruit on the 'great spoiler tree'!

September 11, 2001

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Upper Body Strength Mentioned as an Issue..."
Good point, Ice. If Linda sits out on the house moving challenge and Samburu wins, that could be another reason for her sarcastic "thank you" to Lindsey. Linds may be pointing out that they did fine without Linda's help.

I still think Kelly is the Boran to go. In Jessie's EW interview she only named Tom, Carl and Kelly as people she kept in touch with. Kelly sent her a book. Sounds like they had time to bond on safari.

S2D

Thanks again, sleeeve!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
4. "Challenge/"Thank-You!"/Who sits out..."
S2D, good thoughts. I agree that understanding the connection between Linda's sarcastic "Thank-You!", who sits out the challenges, if the "house moving" is reward or immunity is key to spoiling this week...hoping for more vidcaps; still to many scenarios that work.

Sleeeve, thanks for all the hard work!

Krautboy

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
7. "update on Kelly"
One little addition to the "Kelly's teacher interview" info: Our local CBS affiliate is running a teaser that says "Exclusive look at San Diego's own Survivor, Thursday at 11" (which would of course be during the local 11 o'clock news. I don't know if this is instead of the Nov. 2 Friday morning airdate or in addition to it.

I am still torn about this info. If she is booted this week, then a local feature is the last chance to highlight her and it gives closure. She wouldn't be available in-studio yet, as she would have to be in New York for the Early Show. On the other hand, it could be that she is a star in this episode, or just that she is still playing at all. From CBS standpoint, it's better for them to have the affiliate do a feature while she is still in the game, to increase interest.

Regarding the debate over whether CBS would reveal the boot date of a contestant to an affiliate - this has already been addressed by AyaK and others, but I had one more thing to add: We know that the affiliate had to know that Kelly was still in the game until at least Nov. 1, since they told the teacher that date awhile ago. Whether they reveal the exact date is unclear, but they at least revealed that.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: update on Kelly"
In S2, our local affiliate here in Cincinnati would run a feature on Rodger EVERY Thursday. They were never allowed to talk to him before he was booted, but they would stand outside his house and interview his neighbors, children, barber, garbageman...whoever. It was total Rodger-mania by the affiliate and in the paper, with guesses and speculation running rampant. They never had a clue when he would go. That makes me think that CBS wouldn't intentionally tip off an affiliate. Or else we're just a bunch of hillbillys here.

S2D

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
5. "You're a prince, sleeeve!"
>downright excited about spoiling again
I'm glad you can feel this way, after last week's farce. . . Honestly, it's taken me this long to stop feeling angry about the lack of clues!

Too much good info here to pick any one thing out--just wanted to add my thanks for shelling out so we don't have to! And the way you're summarizing these is every bit as helpful as the vid caps, but without the extra work on your part or the nasty DL times on ours.

THANKS!

GT

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 12:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
Thanks Sleeeve... these recaps are a wealth of information. One thing kindof stuck out to me..

>>at first, thought Tom was charming and quaint... but now his sexism is grating...
Finds it rude, crass, and annoying.
From where he's coming from, it's normal, but it's bugging her.
he's funny... but...

I think this has something to do with the preview stating something like..One tribe member does something to make another member uncomfortable. At first I thought that it could be Lindas behavior, but I think it is probably Tom. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the men also get disgusted by his behavior and join with MamaKim and Kelly to target Tom. Most likely Clarence, but possibly Ethan, or maybe even both.

Also, it seems to me that MB is showing way too much of Silas pledging his loyalty to the GXA, seems like a set up for him to change sides at some point.

true

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-30-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
A toast to the Host, Sleeeve!!!

Yeah, I'm convinced if Samburu lose IC -- then Linda is booted.

If Boran loses IC -- then Mama Kim is booted.

Now, will somebody please tell me WHICH team wins the IC???? LOL!!!

BTW, if Brandon is the most mature, responsible and brains of the Beady Babies then all I can say is --- OMG <click>.

Dalton

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 05:11 PM (EST)
9. "Thanks & Thoughts"
Thanks sleeve. This is all great info. As you said, it gives some insight to personalities/dynamics.

My only major thought: There seems to be too much feature on Samburu. MB wouldn't let us forget about Boran. Could it be a trick so we think Boran will win again? We are all wrapped up in the Samburu alliances now, what a perfect time for Boran to have to go to TC.

I'm still sticking with the Kelly spoiler for this week. Of course, based on this years track record, I should probably do just the opposite of what my head says. Linda just seems to easy this week.

MB doesn't like Easy past Ep. 1.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
10. "I caved in"
OK, I caved and subscribed to the Insider. Costs me $8 here to go see a movie and I get 2 hours of clips a month--rationalized the 9.95 that way.

sleeeve has done an incredible job of faithfully conveying the clips and anlyzing the interactions.

My take on Boran, after seeing the clips:
I realized Tom and Clarence are both out of the "intelligent conversation loop. Tom is the comedian, he's a workhorse, but the guy is practically unintelligible. Kelly and Tom are not sympatico, and I've no doubt Tom would vote against Kelly.
If they lose after two physical challenges, they will not think oh, the next will be mental, they will oust one of the women as weaker.

Kim: she's very articulate and classy yet down home, stabilizing. Not only cooks but uses the cooking/eating ritual to bond with the guys.

I think Boran would like to boot Clarence, but would boot Kelly.

Samburu:
Scary but true, Dalton, Brandon has the mind that's always on track with strategy. He is the mental glue bonding the GXA. Silas comes off as a conceited hunk, not the leader. He thinks he has it all scoped out. Brandon's smart enough to know it can all change around. Lindsey's in grade school clique land, but KimP is modelling off Brandon and thinking more strategically.
Teresa has no face time; Frank isn't dispensible (btw, next TC is F's birthday).

At this point if Samburu goes to TC there's no way those 4 GXAs will blow their advantage. Based on face time it's got to be Linda. Silas may well backstab (or get stabbed) down the line, but the current dynamics make that pointless at this stage.

All for now. Kelly spoiler is looking stronger now that DK has relayed local affilate's announcement that K will get featured on Thurs eve news after show. Same happened with Lis in Providence after her boot.

If so, sorry to see her go. Her smarts would make things more interesting if she could survive this stage where the focus is on physical strength.

If Linda goes, I won't be sorry. She has good qualities I'm sure, but she has failed to strengthen her team as a whole with her superiority complex.

Don't think it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-01, 09:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I caved in"
I'm really glad you caved in...

One of the reasons I called this post "Survivor Insider, with your host, sleeeve" is that I felt that I was being quite biased in my reporting (without intending to).

Now that there's two of us at SB with Insider subscriptions, we're more likely to be able to convey what really happened w/o letting *too* much personal bias affect our views.

Case in point: I watch Insider, and think Mama Kim is next, you watch and see Kelly.

Despite my view, with the preponderance of evidence beginning to point to a Kelly vote, I'm starting to be swayed.

Thanks for "caving in" .

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 07:35 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
YAY SLEEEVE!!

I'm almost with you Dalton, but I am highly suspicious of Mark's eternally satanic
editing of Linda. He keeps including her "Mother Africa" rap. I can't tell whether
we are supposed to be sympathetic to her spiritually <gag> or repulsed by her
pseudo-new-age-crap, but he seems to want us to pay lots of attention to her but
either way I'm highly suspicious of his apparent attempts to cast attention on her.
It just doesn't have the feel of right.

And as for Mama Kim, I just can't buy that the team will end up with 4 guys and
one gal. I've been a strong adherent of the Cosmic Gender Balance theory since
the beginning and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.

And yeah, OMG <click>

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-01, 03:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor Insider... with your host, sleeeve."
Sleeeve, I hope this doesn't seem too picky, but on the Kim J. clip you said that she 'Relates well to Lex and Kelly... but not so much with Ethan.'

I have seen reports on two other sites that say she said, "I relate to Kelly and Lex but I'm really crazy about Ethan."

This may not be important, but it stuck out to me.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Asking a Question for All in this Thread....."
One of the CBS "hints" was about two separate people (assumed Boran) each try in their own way to get in better with their tribe. We assumed the "two" were the women --- Kelly and Mama Kim. Or that Clarence was one of the two; when in fact all three don't have definite "alliances" in place. But hey, this is week four---they have to know you don't get past this point in the game without a plan.

After hearing that Tom is considered a clown and M.C.P. toward the women --- plus the fact that Tom physically is having a hard time in the challenges (he threw up last episode). And Mama Kim has not been physically "UP" in the challenges at all.

WHAT IF --- Kelly-22yrs. (who is smart) goes to Clarence-24yrs. and Ethan-27yrs. and Lex-38yrs (leadership) and forms an alliance to boot Mama Kim and then Tom (or vice versa) ---
so that the FOUR of them go into the Merge as a strong, younger 4-person alliance???

They have to know that Samburu has four 20yr. olds who are fit and as soon as the RC comes up they will see that CARL (older) is missing from Samburu.

So my question is why don't Clarence and Kelly try to hook up with the other two gung ho team mates --- Lex & Ethan and take it all the way???

I'm basically saying Kelly is too intelligent to get booted without trying to plan for her future and Clarence knows his strength is keeping him there and he will stay if TOM gets the boot.

This leaves Tom and Mama Kim out in the cold.

Any responses?

Dalton

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Asking a Question for All in this Thread....."
Hmm, that is a nice theory, Dalton... I could see that working out. My concern is that we have seen extremely little strategizing amongst the Borans to date so it's hard to say who's chumming up with whom -- it seems almost like we've learned as much about the Boran group dynamics from Jessie's Early Show interview as we have in watching the actual show itself.

I can see Lex and Ethan sticking together with Tom being cut out of the loop. Kelly hasn't really been shown as bonding with anyone in particular and the same goes for Clarence, but Clarence has nothing to lose by going against Massa Tom and Kelly has already said she doesn't like Tom's sexism so it's a natural she might try to pull some strings to build a younger alliance to boot Tom and MamaKim (this would satisfy one of the two Borans that the preview says 'make separate attempts to get in better with their tribe.')

Hell, with all the editing and coverups going on, anything is possible and your theory makes an awful lot of sense.

"Just die, Frank"
Lindsey Richter, Oct. 25/01

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 02:35 PM (EST)
17. "Dalton's theory"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-01 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

I don't see that as a potential theory that would work. I think the guys have made it clear in various quips that Kelly & Kim are dragging the team down. It's not just a matter of "Smart Kelly" figuring out how she could align herself, it is also a matter of the men NOT WANTING her to align with them. Just having a plan doesn't always get you far when you can execute it.

In Boran, here is how I see it:

Kim J: Everyone respects her, but she has had problems in challenges
Kelly: I just haven't gotten from the rest of the tribe that she is respected or desireable to keep around
Clarence: It's pretty clear that he is only being kept around for physical reasons and will be dumped when he's not needed.
Tom: Rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Still he is pretty strong, although he's been sick. He is in with an alliance, but I don't think Lex and Ethan even respect him a whole lot.
Lex: No disputing that he is in a golden position right now. He is a leader, is well liked and respected, and a physical asset.
Ethan: Nice guy, physical asset, hard to tell if he's really strategizing or if he really is that flipant about the whole thing.

I think Kelly's head is on the block, then it's really a toss up between Clarence, Kim, and Tom. Things like illness could have a huge effect on how voting goes.

As for Samburu, they are a mess.

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Asking a Question for All in this Thread....."
That's a very interesting analysis of the possibilities of the situation. I've been thinking in terms of the current voting blocks, but of course at some time the alliances have to break up, and you always have to be on the lookout for how a player can make it happen to their advantage.

One thing I have been waiting for is for Kelly to start using the one Survivor-useful skill she mentioned on her profile: "Manipulating Men" ("lifting weights" doesn't seem to have given her remarkable upper body strength, and unless there's a crocheting challenge, that will be a skill of minor importance). Again, thinking in terms of the current blocks, Kelly needs to apply her powers of manipulation on Clarence, hoping to win a tiebreaker on a 3-3 vote and break the power of the Male alliance. Still, the Males can block that event by voting Clarence out first (prior votes = lose tiebreaker), avoiding the loss of control.

But what if Kelly were to break with MamaKim and apply those powers toward manipulating the three youngest men, and re-align the alliances? Voting Tom or MamaKim out would relatively strengthen the group for challenges, and hopefully they could win at least one of the last two pre-merge ICs, and take a Gang of Four into the merge.

verrrrrrrrry interesting....

)O_II

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •