The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Character Development: Episode 3 + Predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-26-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Character Development: Episode 3 + Predictions"
Character Development works... I swear it...

Generation X defeats the damn Baby Boomers

But anyway... One had to imagine that SILAS is the vote controller. Silas now determines who is to go and who is to stay until the merge. At this point in time, The "Pagong 4" might very well be the strongest chain formed. I also will assume that one of the BBers will cross over to the Gen Xers... Frank is a definite nono, and I believe Linda's quite a bit too crazy... My guess will be that Theresa will also make the merge, and be on the inside of the Pagong alliance.

So, IMHO, the next two Samburu's to bite the big one will be Linda and Franklin, in that order.

as for the Borons... who seem to be performing rather well as a tribe, I also see 3 people in paticular on the hot seat, and I certainly do not mean Regis's...

For the most part, EP 3 did not focus on the Boron's at all. That would mean The two Boron Females, as well as Clarence would be in a bit of trouble... Here's why.

The characters of Goatee, Socca Playa and Punk Daddy have all been developed rather fluidly so far. One of the three of them controls the vote in some dastardly way, and will continue to do so.

Many people have stipulated that Lex is the one who is the controller, and thereby the key player. With Clarence despised, and with the 2 Moron females dubbed to be weak, I sense a bit of trouble here...

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Y'all knotted MommaKim a round too early, and will be voted off after she botches a challenge next week.

If for some reason, Saburu loses immunity: The nutty, nutty Africa woman, Linda, will get the boot.

Please, rip to shreds, agree or disagree... But at this point in time, I have an idea of the FINAL 4 (I could be wrong... but I'm willing to venture the guess that it contains NO females, and 3 members of the Borons )

(Woooohooo... Special thanks to all of my OT buddies, especially the tag team combination of SamIAm and Boomer Thank you for the sig. Thank you, my OT buddies for making me smile 24/7 )

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Character Development: Episode ... scorpio 10-27-01 1
 Voting logic dangerkitty 10-27-01 2
 RE: Character Development: Episode ... FFantasyFX 10-28-01 3
   RE: Character Development: Episode ... alleyb 10-28-01 4
       RE: Character Development: Episode ... TwinkyDik 10-29-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

scorpio 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-27-01, 01:49 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Character Development: Episode 3 Predictions"
I think I'm going to stick with my theory that the Boron3v3 will survive another week, then look to the merge.. Ethan will flop to the MK/K/C troika to take a weak Boron into the merge in the hopes of knocking them off in the individual IC's. If this doesn't pan out and they lose the IC, then Tom's weekly CB recycled vote will get him into trouble 'cos the weaksisters could band together with Clarence and knock one of the three men out, again looking to merge in survival mode. If the weak3 don't then they must surely see the writing on the wall.

AS far as Samburu goes, my guess is the Genexers will make another statement and toss Linda or Frank this week if they lose, Teresa has already seen the writing on the wall and will cross the ageline in the sand to get to merge, hoping that she can outperform them plus the Borons in the IC's. The Genexers have a firm grip on the whip and really .. they don't care if they never win another IC - if they stick together from now on they make merge. If I were them I'd put the effort into the RC's to make life more comfortable. What will make it interesting is if Lindsay is lost to illness, then they for sure need Teresa on their side to avoid a tie breaker. Looking at the vidcaps, I suspect if they offer up Linda to Teresa, she'll take it.. she looks pretty disgusted with that "all hail Lindsey" performance being shown.

The more I think about this, the more I see the tactics of "Weakest Link" coming to the fore prior to merge - that being keep the strongest alive to the point where you feel you have a chance to get down to the final few then get them out of there in the dash for the cash.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-27-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
2. "Voting logic"
I am wondering about the reason that the GXA voted for Carl.

CBS video shows Brandon saying that much of the tribal tension comes from the fact that there are two leaders - Frank and Silas - with two very different styles. If Frank is seen as the leader, and GXA seem to really dislike Frank, why not target him instead? Or Linda, who is also disliked and would be a weaker physical asset? Much footage indicates that Carl was better liked than those two. Is it really true that they voted for him due to his financial well being? If so, that isn't based on "playing the game", it's based on emotion. If Silas is really in charge, I thought he was more of a player than that - but it was he that got into it with Carl about the cars.

What would the other reasons for voting Carl be? Maybe they thought he was really the leader - SurvivorInsider clip transcript by sleeeeve indicates he was questioned about that. Maybe they see Frank as so much stronger that they can't afford to lose him yet - but if so, then why not vote Linda? Maybe Carl displayed some weakness that placed him lowest on that scale. Maybe it's hedging their bets - all knew it would be a tie, and that some kind of run-off (physical or mental) would determine it. Carl was the compromise - Frank is stronger, Linda is smarter, and Teresa - well, she's the wild card. If GXA had lost, Teresa is the one they would hope to sway to their side.

And back to "Silas as leader" thing: This seems to be the automatic assumption, and Brandon did say so in his CBS video. But what about Lindsey? We see her taking the lead a lot. And when she made the bead necklaces, after the other three were done, she held up her fully-beaded one and said "Hey, I guess I'm the leader!" Whereupon we saw the usual dark expressions on the OFA members. Now, I realize she was hamming it up, but Silas was there, and I just have to wonder here. Also, when the OFA tried to pull Silas over, Lindsey was the one to go up to him and bring it into play. And Silas is now with the GXA. So Lindsey either has, or feels she has, power. And now that she was the first target of the OFA (some status there maybe?) AND she pulled off the victory - well, as we see from the previews, she may be a bit full of herself. (oh gawd, how I hope she is being set up for a big fall!).

This is a tribe full of very, very competive people. Intra-alliance clashes are not out of the question. And as far as the idea of the GXA "throwing" ICs - for this reason, I just cannot see it. People who hate to lose, just hate to lose, period.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-28-01, 00:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Character Development: Episode 3 Predictions"
I've been lurking around here for the past 4-5 weeks, and thought I might finally jump in. I'm not much good with the technical stuff, like vidcaps, but I think I've got a pretty keen mind for specualating (although it hasn't helped me much these past two weeks )

One of the main reasons I think that the Gen. Xers voted off Carl was the fact that he was the glue that held the OFA together. He formed a bond with Teresa and Carl and managed to get along ably enough with Linda. It looks like the three remaining members really don't mesh together at all.

If you noticed in Ep. 3, Frank seemed to already be getting annoyed with Linda's Mother Africa routine. He walked away not once, but twice while Linda was spouting out her knowledge. Although we didn't see Teresa's reaction to Linda last episode, she doesn't look too amused with Linda's sarcastic thank you to Lindsey in the preview for next episode.

I'm not too sure about Frank and Teresa either. We haven't really heard Teresa talk about Frank too much. I'm wondering if his personality is grating on her. It seemed more like they got along just because they were both buddies with Carl rather than any underlying connection.

Even though it probably doesn't matter much now with the Gen. X dominance in Samburu, the OFA appears that it will fall apart at any moment (and for the viability of the members in it, that's probably a good thing).

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-28-01, 07:00 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Character Development: Episode 3 Predictions (forgive me while I bash)"
I'm on the same wavelength. I think Carl was a good strategic choice in terms of the intertribal dynamics (if not so good a choice for retaining strength for the challences). I agree -- Carl seemed to be the glue that held the OFA together. Frank has some pull, but is obviously not a threat in the likeability department, and will prove to be a stronger asset in the challenges than Carl would be (despite his marathon-running history, he really doesn't appear to be in the best of shape). Linda and Theresa both appeared to be followers in the OFA, not the core of the alliance, and now both are now left to scramble for position in the new power structure in the tribe.

Having said that, (please forgive me while I bash) I now feel that everyone in the Samburu tribe is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. Have they never seen the show? A much smarter strategy for surviving in the game would be a much more even-handed approach by EVERYONE. Knowing that the generation gap was creating a division in the tribe, both sides should have realized they needed to try to cross the gap to create a majority of unity they can carry into the merge. Now they are all hopelessly split along age lines, and ultimately that will come to bite tham ALL in the butt. Teresa and Silas are the only ones who have even shown an inking of caution in cross-generational dynamics, and Silas has thrown that away already.

I think the OFA was smart to band together, but DUMB to decide to approach Silas as a group with all of their cards showing. If they realized that one-on-one conversations without revealing their overriding plan would me a much smarter, covert operation, they would have been much more successful at pulling on Silas's loyalty. Instead, they presented themselves as a 4-member alliance that would likely dump Silas at their first opportunity--how did they think that would win his loyalty?

And the Mall Rats. Instead of being stuck in a rebellion against authority, they should have already realized they needed to work on the less solid members of the OFA and not alienate them so quickly. Why did they let the OFA go off on water duty as a group ALONE? They should have realized they needed a spy to keep tabs on them, even if it meant ONE person getting out of bed in the morning. Would that have been so hard? And flaunting the necklaces, what did that accomplish? They've created lines of division that will not help them later in the game.

Now I am rooting for Boran to overcome their setbacks and kick the Samburu tribe to the curb. At least they are showing an ability to overcome differences to find some common ground (at least for now). We'll see where that takes us...

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-29-01, 09:01 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Character Development: Episode 3 Predictions (forgive me while I bash)"
I believe that Silas and Frank are a team.
Silas wants someone unpopular to go up against in the final two (should he make it that far) and Frank needs someone in the enemy camp. Remember, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
If Silas told the GXers that he was voting for Carl what could they have done? Vote for Frank and watch them vote off Lindsey?
They'd have to follow Silas. Now if Silas Votes for Linda or Teresa next the GXers have to follow again or three votes for Lindsey will put her out on countback. That leaves six Samburu...
Now Silas 'defects' back to Frank and uses the countback on Lindsey to reduce it to a 3-2 In favor of Frank-Silas-Linda/Teresa. The merge will probably come next and with Samburu guaranteed of four people in the merge all three of them can go through. They'll stick together and may make the final three. Of all the people Silas would have stabbed in the back only one or two would be voting on the final two. Frank and Linda however would have annoyed and peeved off everyone by then. Silas is then a shoe in for the million. Unless Teresa is there with him...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •