The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"US Magazine - Silas"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-31-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"US Magazine - Silas"
I just noticed in the US Magazine Survivor issue, on the "Samburu Team Photo", Silas definitely has a cast on his right hand. Has anyone else seen this? I don't know how I overlooked it, and wonder when those shots were taken.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: US Magazine - Silas PepeLePew13 10-31-01 1
 RE: US Magazine - Silas dangerkitty 10-31-01 2
   RE: US Magazine - Silas diamond 10-31-01 3
 Pay it no mind Slymmer 11-01-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-01, 01:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: US Magazine - Silas"
can you upload a pic or scan in one from somewhere and then post it on here? that would help a lot.

"Just die, Frank"
Lindsey Richter, Oct. 25/01

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-31-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
2. "RE: US Magazine - Silas"
Sorry, my scanner isn't hooked up yet - but here is what I see:\

Yes, I did notice it before, but I disregarded it because it's clearly from the group promo shot before they start. Later pics, during the game, it's not there.

Also, I don't see it as a cast. It just looks like a bandage. It's either over his knuckle, or there is a cotton ball or something under it. Cut the back of his hand and needed to stop the bleeding, that's what it looks like to me. He also has a couple bandaids around his fingers.

It's a good catch to see it, but it really doesn't seem important. The photo on the next page shows him laying down next to Lindsey, during the game, and the same hand is clearly seen without a bandage.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-31-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: US Magazine - Silas"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-01 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

I agree - not important. Whatever it is, it most likely
happened early on, because the bandage is on his hand in
the Samburu group shot (with all 8 members, probably taken
in the first 3 days). My guess is that it happened during
the first episode challenge when Silas is running down the
mountain after lighting the flame on top. Just before he
gets to the bottom, he makes a loud exclamation ("Ow!" or
somesuch) as his hand gets caught on the rope. It looks
like he either cut his hand or got a rope burn. In any
case, it's doubtful that it means anything now.

Edited to add: DK, I just reread your post and realized
we were talking about the same group photos, but
I think they were taken after the start of the game (not
before) because some of them, particularly in the Boran
shot, are alreadly looking a bit worn out. So whatever
the reason for the bandage, I think it did happen in the
game, not before. Of course, it doesn't really matter
either way, so I'm not really sure why the heck I'm
writing so much about it....

"At times like these, I'm glad I live in a geodesic dome. Not that they're anthrax-proof or anything. They're just fun to live in." - The Onion

Slymmer 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-01-01, 05:29 AM (EST)
4. "Pay it no mind"
In previous Survivors, a lot of the people have suffered from minor injury that the on site medical teams have patched up on the spot, although this has given them less on air time during the next few days of shooting it has done nothing to effect them in the out come of the game. MB may have finally figured out by letting this stuff be seen, it acts as a good red herring. I would not give it much thought especially since as it has been mentioned before, it looks as if this was a early early photo.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •